Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdict on Void Storms? Dead content.

Kaiga

Simply put, there's little reason to do them outside acquiring sevagoth.

-Standard relics missions are 200% faster, with more spawns and reactant. DE should know by now that quick capture/exterminate runs are the most popular missions.

-Void storms offer no additional rewards for doing high level, post-quest content that requires more investment than the much faster star chart fissures.

Without faster completion times, the ability to open multiple relics, or anything at all to incentivize doing these beyond the one-off warframe parts, this content is dead on arrival.

It seems to be an issue of extremes

In Corpus railjack, Void storm takes the same amount of time as not-Void-storm (just with ten billion extra annoying particle effects that hurt you, though they're promising to patch it down a little). Which is still way slower than a ground Void fissure, but at least it's not slower than Railjack, and in exchange gives you relics back much more often than ground Void fissures

In Grineer railjack, Void storm is MUCH slower and more annoying than not-Void-storm, which just makes the audience ask "why do Void storms at all?"

Animated GIF 

Well I mean my eyes are completely fried from witnessing the superfluous particle effects from the void storms, so I can't even see to play the game now.

4 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

They should let us to crack multiple relics. Railjack missions are much longer than our average star chart missions. 2-3 relics should be enough without breaking the economy.

Agreed.

Except they also reward 30-150k credits, a 50% chance at either a free radiant relic or 25-100 traces, and all the secondary objective rewards in Corpus missions. Y'know all the same secondary rewards Railjack already gives.

They're far from dead content for anyone that wants an alternative prime/credit farm. And anyone in the boat of not needing any of the secondary rewards/resources are suffering from having already "finished" the game rather than storms being unrewarding.

9 часов назад, Kaiga сказал:

mhm... i think there is a rather good chance that farming relics for plat on a star chart in order to just buy new wf is probably faster than do void storms, also your eyes won't bleed as much.

as for dead content... RJ was a different type of gameplay, it offered space battles, pure and simple. With the introduction of corpus part of RJ missions i have a feeling that DE are set to make RJ less popular as possible.

Corpus part of RJ has so many needless complications and offer the very same missions as on start chart, which kinda undermines RJ as feature of the game as a whole in my eyes. It is as if DE came to the wrong conclusions aftermath of Scarlet Spear event. Like totally wrong conclusions.

RJ is kinda dead for me, thanks to DE. And as a matter of fact, as soon as people would get what they want from these missions, RJ will die for them as well. Or rather it would become a thing better not remember and never try again.

I just hope these last two updates would not serve as indication of what to explect from Warframe in 2021, because if it is, game is pretty much dead, because it offer no content worth playing.

p.s. and it's not 200%, normal void fissures are 600-1200% faster than a void storm, depends on a mission type.

28 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

They're decent for newer Railjack players. While I admit they're not great for us longer term players, not everything they release has to be geared to suit us. Just something occasionally would be nice 😢

Yeah just something for us oldies occasionally would be nice, you are so correct.. I played the new update most of yesterday and today .. nothing really Railjack new, just more missions inside, I sort of lost direction of where DE are going with RJ .. its not space-battles as most of the new stuff is inside ships but in a way that isnt different from any other node based mission its just hugely long to crack relics for example .. rather confusing but thats how DE roll these days it seems .. ok so errr now whens the next proper update because this one just ran out of content for me ;) DE at least put the rest of the enemies into the codex so I can go back to scanning again "The True End-Game Content" - sad but for some of us so true!

1 hour ago, trst said:

Except they also reward 30-150k credits, a 50% chance at either a free radiant relic or 25-100 traces, and all the secondary objective rewards in Corpus missions. Y'know all the same secondary rewards Railjack already gives.

They're far from dead content for anyone that wants an alternative prime/credit farm. And anyone in the boat of not needing any of the secondary rewards/resources are suffering from having already "finished" the game rather than storms being unrewarding.

If Normal Railjack missions give the same rewards then why bother doing void storms?

1 hour ago, -AncientWarrior- said:

Yeah just something for us oldies occasionally would be nice, you are so correct.. I played the new update most of yesterday and today .. nothing really Railjack new, just more missions inside, I sort of lost direction of where DE are going with RJ .. its not space-battles as most of the new stuff is inside ships but in a way that isnt different from any other node based mission its just hugely long to crack relics for example .. rather confusing but thats how DE roll these days it seems .. ok so errr now whens the next proper update because this one just ran out of content for me ;) DE at least put the rest of the enemies into the codex so I can go back to scanning again "The True End-Game Content" - sad but for some of us so true!

It is frustrating to put it mildly lol but I feel that since DE is working so hard to make RJ appeal to new players with the public relays, new frame etc I figure this update sadly wasn't intended for us old veterans 😭

14 minutes ago, (XBOX)An Raging Hobo said:

De wanted to kill RJ and make no one like it plain and simple 

Yeah  and you have to ask yourself why anyone would do this .. it just doesnt make any sense from a gaming or business point of view.. spend years developing a product and just wreck it from the start and make it worse as you go.. its just so confusing.

I personally see a few problems with the storm mechanics,

1) Relic cracking is usually better in groups,

2) Railjack matchmaking is very poor and I prefer solo railjack for this reason so I can use my own gear , I assume there are more like me.

3) The time taken just for relic cracking (singular) is between 2 to 5 times higher than for regular fissure missions.

4) The storm missions themselves add nothing new other than continous eye bleed (not completely true , there is the new frame and weapon , but that's kinda a one time deal) so all the issue that exist for railjack missions exist here are as well.

So due to this , I personally will be avoiding void storms for any tangible reward (after I get 2x sevagoth and epitaph) , unless I feel like just piloting railjack.

3 hours ago, trst said:

They're far from dead content yet.

FTFY. Once everyone got their Sevagoth and Epitaph most players will just go back doing capture fissures because it's more efficient.  We all want Void Storms to succeed, but this is not the way to go. as I said, in a grinding game, efficiency matters. Most players are not gonna waste their time farming item with method X while method Y is superior in terms of reward output.

Most players play Warframe for the new shiny. Fun is an afterthought.

10 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I personally see a few problems with the storm mechanics,

1) Relic cracking is usually better in groups,

2) Railjack matchmaking is very poor and I prefer solo railjack for this reason so I can use my own gear , I assume there are more like me.

3) The time taken just for relic cracking (singular) is between 2 to 5 times higher than for regular fissure missions.

4) The storm missions themselves add nothing new other than continous eye bleed (not completely true , there is the new frame and weapon , but that's kinda a one time deal) so all the issue that exist for railjack missions exist here are as well.

So due to this , I personally will be avoiding void storms for any tangible reward (after I get 2x sevagoth and epitaph) , unless I feel like just piloting railjack.

Yes this says it all .. and I agree with #2 the matchmaking is very poor and just broken .. all they really need here is a "Press Here to Host" button... that works :)  You know I was thinking of the Quests/major updates of past years.. they used to be a cool new part of WF (bugged but ok), these days its like, sticking more band-aids on band-aids.. with no real new content or direction that can be seen .. just looks the DE compass has lost its direction and is just whirling around all over the place.. Its a real shame I, again was looking forward to a great update with this and the hype just flopped over on its side like a dead fish. 2-3 days after release and its already stopped in its tracks.. I dont think any hot fixes are going to get this back on track unfortunately .. better bring out SS again just to fill in the time.. ;)

They didn't change any of the things I didn't like and didn't add enough to make it feel new or better.

Ultimately I just don't enjoy the combat, being interrupted on turret, sitting around waiting on arty-gun, missing shots if captain moves etc etc.

I don't enjoy any of it, fundamentally do not like the combat.

Too many shifting tasks, it's too big a hazzle, you don't run to repair something, but another guy is on it, you decide to stay in turret, then no one fixes it.

Load into a game already underway, white and yellow markers are still up, is anyone doing those, have they been done already?

Huge pain, too much work, too much stress, too many meaningless tasks, feeling like a squid or something.

So delete forge, arty-gun and ability lockouts and anything else that gets in the way of "just playing".

Then focus on space combat, both with what you can build, different strategies and everyone just spamming out the same single ability, as with tether before.

Feels like everything they installed on the railjack gets in the way of having fun, instead of adding to it.

While you really cant' customize or build anything alternative.

Like a warframe with no modding, 1 ability only and 2 shots in the clip, before they have to run back to start to reload - assuming they picked up materials to craft ammo.

Doesn't make sense when you think about it.

4 hours ago, Kaiga said:

-Standard relics missions are 200% faster, with more spawns and reactant. DE should know by now that quick capture/exterminate runs are the most popular missions.

-Void storms offer no additional rewards for doing high level, post-quest content that requires more investment than the much faster star chart fissures.

Without faster completion times, the ability to open multiple relics, or anything at all to incentivize doing these beyond the one-off warframe parts, this content is dead on arrival.

Except its not even useful for Sevagoth, you literally on average will farm Sevagoth faster with cracking relics on Captures and selling the parts for plat then buying the warframe, no joke. Just like Harrow. And don't get me wrong, thats the smallest issue with void storms, just adding up to the pile.

Archived