Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdict on Void Storms? Dead content.

Kaiga

On 2021-04-18 at 3:05 AM, ReddyDisco said:

just finished farming second save-a-goth and epictop, gotta say rng has been rather unforgiving and is made worse by regular crashes and prolonged loading screens.

i'm looking forward to going back to void storm missions never

yes I have 1 more chassis to get .. for the subsume and ill not be heading back there - ever.. just no reason .. rng is terrible there .. I think I have 8 or 10 systems and 3-4 neuroptics .. 

4 minutes ago, -AncientWarrior- said:

yes I have 1 more chassis to get .. for the subsume and ill not be heading back there - ever.. just no reason .. rng is terrible there .. I think I have 8 or 10 systems and 3-4 neuroptics .. 

terrible rng isn't exclusive to void storms. you suffer the wraith of RNGesus everywhere, even in the bathroom

Its less about the drop chance and more about my pc committing sudoku whenever void storm particle vomit erupts

IMO a “void storm” should definitely let you open multiple relics at once. That would actually give the content a reason to exist. Even if it would technically be faster to open them individually in capture fissures, opening 3 relics simultaneously would just feel better.

1 hour ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

IMO a “void storm” should definitely let you open multiple relics at once. That would actually give the content a reason to exist. Even if it would technically be faster to open them individually in capture fissures, opening 3 relics simultaneously would just feel better.

We should also have regular capture missions open 5 relics in 2 minutes. Or maybe 10 relics is better. Yes. It's better.

So, now I have my 2 sevagoth sets, a carmine penta, a nautilus, an epitaph, zekti weapons mkIII with maxed stats and a few vidar / lavan, maxed reactors, maxed lavan and vidar hulls, enough intrinsincs to be commandement 10 as soon as it'll be released.

I mostly played corpus railjack and void storm solo, not speed runs but 8min to 15min runs on average, mostly exterminate (shorter). Lavos or grendel, cedo, and whatever melee weapon that has slash as main damage, >20%CHC and >15% status.

I'm not planning to play void storm anytime soon, except to help team mates.

It wasn't fun to play : railjack part feels like a waste of time, is not hard, and I don't like the RNG. Voidsplosions are an eye cancer, and during the hacking point of interrest voidsplosions + electricity everywhere is somethings redicilous. Volatile "ground" missions are not bad, at least it's not another afk mode, but overall are too long.

The rewards are bad if you plan to open relics, not bad if you casually open trash relics for ducats and at the same time want endo and credits.

14 hours ago, Kaiga said:

Not exactly, it adds time to railjack missions that, if you've already beaten are going to be unrewarding to go back to them just for the void storm when again, you could be playing a fissure for faster rewards.

Adds time how exactly? Normal fissures abide by the same rules, they are pointless if you've got everything. And what rewards exactly? I think I made it pretty clear that this wasnt an argument towards storms being good for cracking relics if that is your goal. Fissure rewards outside of what you get in relics are utter crap, while storms atleast lets you hunt pre-radiated relics or extra traces.

And I think the Storms are more intended to be a bonus for RJ as a whole and not a substitute for fissures. As in if you run a proxima already you may aswell far the node where the storm is compared to doing a normal, simply for bonus loot. Which is a good design choice, although not very relevant to us with thousands of hours and thousands of radiant relics in the game already.

As I said, they are an equal but different path depending on what your actual goal is. I will utilize them for new prime releases since I can solo them and get an efficient return on both new relics aswell as large amounts of bonus traces, without having to rely on others picking my drop in normal fissures. It is all about picking the right nodes, just like it is with normal fissures.

1 hour ago, RazerXPrime said:

We should also have regular capture missions open 5 relics in 2 minutes. Or maybe 10 relics is better. Yes. It's better.

Mate, don't use argumentum ad absurdum. It makes you look disingenuous.

I'm someone who enjoys Void storms purely for the atmosphere they provide, and even I think letting players crack more relics per mission in them would be a good idea.

7 minutes ago, Corvid said:

I'm someone who enjoys Void storms purely for the atmosphere they provide, and even I think letting players crack more relics per mission in them would be a good idea.

That was my intention because everyone keeps bringing up the same stupid argument that the mission is too long for opening relics. But hey, I keep forgetting that people enjoy rushing through content rather than enjoy the content. Your argument may be a bit different, and I also opted to have better rewards in a previous topic. But opening multiple relics in one mission doesn't sound like something DE will do. But perhaps they will to lure more salty content rushers to this mode. Maybe they will indeed.

3 minutes ago, Corvid said:

mayhaps

This is great (I'm not joking , it really sounds great)!

And on the topic - people will defend to the end the thing they love or enjoy, that's why there are still people playing conclave.
For the verdict - if in 2 more months(with no changes) there are still many people playing it it will be a success. Now it's still the "hype" from the new update.

1 hour ago, Corvid said:

Thinking about it again I would be in favor of altering it. The addition of relic mission in Railjack kind of forces you to play the normal warframe mission to bind the relic to. But it seems that this is not necessary as reactant spawns outside of this main mission. It'd be better to have a skirmish mission with reactant instead as dropped by ships. Although you can obviously not spawn corrputed ships...

Other than that a counter timer when you've unlocked a relic to gate to the next relic somehow. I mean this is currently impossible. Warframe has relics bound to objectives. So either survival with a 5 minute gate, or defense with a 5 wave gate. How would we implement this in Railjack? I mean they could bind it to the defense mission instead of course (which is a thing already?), but then it isn't railjack.

Right now railjack isn't built to be "endless" so it's impossible to link relics to anything. It has to have stages that you complete.

1 hour ago, Corvid said:

If everyone keeps bringing it up, mayhaps it isn't so stupid an argument.

Yeah... no. What I've been seeing is about efficiency, its never about how viable it is as a side thing because its being compared to Capture in terms of viability, you know: the mission that can be finished in less than 30s by speedrunners and has a 90s NW challenge. Void Storms are being compared to the fastest mission to complete. 

54 minutes ago, Shaden73 said:

It would have been cool if void storms were a random event during railjack missions and corrupted enemies had a chance to drop Sevagoth parts. Plus it would had been a good excuse to add this guy 

Then we would have people complaining about how they are FORCED to do this stupid random event that they NEVER, EVER, EEEVVVEEERRR see. Or "it happens to often and wastes my time".

I know how the vocal part of this community works. And they live in soundproof rooms.

53 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Then we would have people complaining about how they are FORCED to do this stupid random event that they NEVER, EVER, EEEVVVEEERRR see. Or "it happens to often and wastes my time".

I bet the same people complained about Stalker and Fiends.

The void storms could be something that moves around the map from time to time that can be viewed on the star chart. Dynamic events isn't something new to this game, it makes the game feel more alive and also gives a reason to replay the missions. 

If "playing the game content" means blazing through the mission as fast as possible, yes, void fissure capture is better than void storm.

But some people enjoy railjack the way it is, i.e. slower pacing, space ship action, flight combat vs ground combat, and void storm allows us to open relics on top of the gameplay, with some decent radiant relic rewards (instead of doing the age old ESO). So no, void storm is not a dead content.

And to be honest, if you are min maxing your warframe experience into speed running mission, none of the content will satisfy you.

Okay, here's the thing.

Void Storms have a decent mix of rewards for newer players (if they can clear them), a bunch of credits, a bunch of endo, resources and void traces, radiant relics, railjack parts and whatever else a new or midgame player might find useful.

However, I have more credits than god, i have endo and resources coming out of my orifices, my void traces sit near the cap all the time, I have more relics and get them faster than I could ever open them and my railjack is stacked.

This means void storms are just slow missions to crack relics for me as it stands. It's really a matter of perspective, progress and who void storms are made for.

I'm not complaining. I actually like the void storm gameplay overall. I'm just pointing out that if you look outside of your own ingame bubble it's easier to understand how opinions about void storm rewards may vary. The only issue I see is that it isn't long-term content since eventually people who find it useful now might reach the point players like me are at where most of the rewards become fluff.

My hope is that Queenpins (and Liches) will become somehow permanently relevant and somehow tie everything together and aren't going to be kept seperated from the rest of the game as they are now.

I feel like DE kinda sabotaged themselves on this: they realized that Railjack missions would be strictly inferior for just cracking relics, as they take far longer to complete than regular missions, so they added a bonus reward with juicy radiant relics attached... except they also watered that down by putting in a huge chance of getting Endo or extra traces, neither of which are especially desirable to players just trying to farm relics. I therefore agree with the general assessment that if the mode is to be considered worthwhile, it's likely going to have to let players crack open more than one Relic.

With this in mind, my suggestion would be the following:

• Shift the current Void Storm bonus loot table to caches in Void Storm RJ missions, so that raiding caches during a Void Storm would have a chance to give us Endo, Void Traces, a Sevagoth/Epitaph part depending on the Proxima, or a Radiant relic.
  • Instead of the current Void Storm bonus, have us collectively crack open one random Radiant relic the mission gives us at the same time as the one we choose, letting us take home two rewards from up to eight choices. This should work even for players who haven't brought in a relic to begin with, who'd therefore have just the options from the random relic, and would take home one reward.

With this, hopefully the longer mission completion speed would be counterbalanced by more rewards overall: this wouldn't necessarily benefit people hunting specific Prime parts, but could definitely work for players farming Ducats and just Prime parts in general.

Also, while not related to rewards themselves, I think it's high time we ditched the reactant mechanic: not only is it single-handedly ruining Grineer Void Storm missions due to the messed-up pacing of corruption waves, it never added to missions, and has even less reason to exist now that there's this ramping difficulty in the form of random Void explosions. Really, relic missions could very well just be regular missions with random Corrupted popping in and progressively more frequent AoE, for both ground and RJ, and we'd lose nothing from that.

Archived