Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you like the new Railjack? What would you add?

(PSN)GEN-Son_17

I'm a huge fan so far and haven't even started the quest yet. Just rebuilding and testing my ship and crew is awesome. However, that's just me and I want to see where you guys and gals are with it, along with one add to the update, if any. 

Yo, keep it simple and please don't ruin other players' experiences by spoiling. There's way too much of that already.

I would re-implement the speed boost after Drifting, which DE removed in U29.10 at the request of literally no one. Even if it meant we got the stamina bar back, I would still accept that in a heartbeat.

Movement in the Railjack feels like such a slog now. Drift-boosting was the one thing that felt "interactive" when maneuvering the railjack, since the player had to get a feel for how much drifting is required for their desired boost distance. Now, Railjack piloting is just... WASD, and nothing else. No player engagement, no learning curve, nothing.

Sentient anomalies for Corpus, Skirmish for corpus, on foot missions for grineer, regular PoI missions for corpus, neo void storms for grineer, endless mode focused on railjack combat, sortie like missions with multiple stages chained by the railjack. IDK if more rewards are necessary since railjack drops a lot of resources, endo and credits. Maybe more vaulted relics to spice things up. 

I like it, it's definitely a step in the right direction. A couple of problems though:

I generally don't like micromanaging and getting stuck in animations. With that in mind, I would like if my AI crewmembers could either use the forward artillery or at least make new dome charges at the engineering station. I would really prefer to fire dome charges as the pilot since it's a lot of animation locks to go back and forth. 

I would also like the railjack missions to be even remotely challenging.

They need to drop the normal missions and just use POIs. If a mission can't handle the right enemy count or whatever then it probably shouldn't be in Railjack, and instead of cramming in an old mission type they ought to reinvent a few of them for Railjack. Like Defense could be replaced with defending an allied ship that's in the region doing some task, and Exterminate could be replaced with clearing out a barracks POI. Volatile ought to be what they initially showed in 2018, which was much cooler in execution than what we ended up getting. The apparent enemy count issue also highlights yet another reason why general game balance needs addressing: if there's a cap on how many enemies we can have then the enemies need to be able to stand up to players a little better. Right now it doesn't matter how many enemies are on screen if they all die in giant AoE masses.

I'm also thinking that DE ought to treat the Proximas more like open world zones, where it's a really big zone with a lot of stuff going on and you can fly around for a long time instead of being a singular mission you travel between. Like say I fly to Venus Proxima and it's a field of those Orokin towers, and if I find the right one my squad can hack it and piss off the third Orb starting a raid.

Most of a Railjack map is empty space, so like fill it in with something. Have ships jumping in that can be attacked, have blockades that are dangerous to be around, have Corpus vs Grineer crossfire events. Have allied ships you can assist and POIs to take over. Have Sentient Murex jumping in throwing everything into chaos, or Void Storms that you can see rolling in that you can dive into and ride to crack Relics. Railjack could be really, really cool as an open world experience you expect to wander around in for a long time. Railjack (and all of the open worlds) should be more persistent and dynamic, which the 2013-era load-in-load-out mission structure has been getting in the way of since PoE.

I have some mixed feelings but overall I pretty much like it. My complaints may just occur due to solo experience but that's how I play. 

1. Orphix: I really had high hopes this would be a straight alternative instead of doing eidolons I even liked the event. But now I'm just glad when simply finishing an OV node. The spawn rate is way to fast (as of now I say you want at least 3 players, one at each spawn point to farm somewhat effective) and maybe it is even intended but I can't say I'm a huge fan if it nor if the Corpus ship tileset for this mission. To many little vent shafts where resonators like to spawn. And then if course the drop table. If I'd make an alternative it should not make things worse. In the plains Terry, Garry and Harry drop arcanes + some rare mods and for me the rotation pattern is A-Terry B-Garry C-Harry. OV should do the same, cut out all other rewards, distribute the arcanes equally like in eidolon hunts and done. 

2. Voidstorms: After playing some I'm more or less fine with them, void traces ramped up pretty fast and I got some radiant relics. And that's probably what I'll use them for, gathering traces and refined relics. It doesn't bother me if it takes a little longer then star chart fissures. What I don't like is the spawn rate in some mission. As if now I will never do again a Volatile in a void storms. Far to much going on and at the end I just saw bubbles everywhere and the reactor overheated. 

3. Defense: This is crap but I knew this before. I never liked defense on Corpus ships since their rework. The most annoying thing is... Why the hell is it needed that the defense pod sits on a lift, going up and down every few rounds. This is just annoying, same reason I never got into hydron farming. Now the only defense mode which I doesn't dislike straight up is against the infested. I would simply remove the defense from RJ and replace it with Survival or Disruption. 

4. Lotus Transmissions: I never thought it would come to set but having now the chance to see the contrast between Cy and Lotus makes space mom look pretty dumb as mission coordinator. My hopes are that there will be a rework and fixing year and if that time comes look into Lotus' voicelines. 

5. No love for the Grineer: Whenever new stuff arrives, Grineer got it first but somewhat half assed. Be it enemy design or mission types in RJ. I want some serious diversity within the grineer ranks not just Lancer with shield/greatshield/rocket launcher/flamer/shotgun + hook lady + heavy gunner (a heavy Lancer with a spool up weapon) and Nox, of course. When I look at Corpus enemy design it just looks beautiful they vary in terms of their abilities and feel more like a proper enemy then grineer. Which are just brick walls. And that's the only thing that make them somewhat dangerous. 

6. Less bugs: I would have rather waited 1 or 2 additional months to got an more polished update. What makes me sick is, that it just feels untested as if DE never played it themselves which makes it sometimes hard to give not into the rant. 

vor 55 Minuten schrieb ShogunGunshow:

I would add reasons to do railjack.

Some just do it cause they like. I think the reason page can only be answered by oneself. 

6 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Like Defense could be replaced with defending an allied ship

oh god no! That is almost exactly what the old archwing defense mission was. You were defending two ships in adjacent hangers and it was terrible. iirc it was what dropped one of the fluctus pieces and I know I could never keep both ships around for extended bits of time. It was a nightmare, I was glad when they scrapped it.

1 minute ago, scott_free said:

More space combat

New/better arcwings

Out of curiosity, what do you think isn't covered by the current selection of archwings that would give a need for a new one? (I say that realizing most concepts are covered by the current list of warframes and many overlap, but archwing also has less game mode options.)

In terms of playing pub, awful. Nobody wants to actually communicate or work as a team and AFKers are no fun.

In terms of playing solo, *chef's kiss*. I don't bum rush content so I'm enjoying Railjack at a nice pace. The amount of loot you get in voidstorms is ridiculous. So much endo, credits, and equipment. Also I highly recommend turning down the effects in game to counteract the voidstorms visual bs. The new mission and submission types are cool, I especially like the one where you move up tiers of defense, that tile set is just dope looking. 

I hope they add more missions centered around railjack usage and that you can get reactant from taking down fighter ships.

I'd put most of the old railjack in. Sure, there are plenty of technical limitations and issues you have to face - but that is the same with every mission, normal and new Corpus ones included. the addition of crew is the only part that makes sense - guns, turret changes, per-player energy and mods are all confusing when you think the RJ is no longer part of the game, its just the base model for the warframes to do their thing. Its sad really.

At least the one RJ missions were pure, but the mix of ground and space battle worked beautifully (still do), so much much better than simply running a ground mission with a taxi to it part. What really made RJ special was the complexity of all the roles you had to manage - complexity that worked (once you knew what to do, a tutorial was all that was needed) and let you play many parts at once.

Right now, I feel the corpus RJ missions are there solely to grind for the loot. Once you have that, you'll never play them again. the Grineer RJ missions, they have replayability through and through.

4 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Out of curiosity, what do you think isn't covered by the current selection of archwings that would give a need for a new one? (I say that realizing most concepts are covered by the current list of warframes and many overlap, but archwing also has less game mode options.)

There is only one viable archwing in RJ: Amesha. 

Not really no, my railjack feels inferior to what it was and the gamemode is back to being what it was when it first came out I.e. a buggy mess, endless load screens, glitches when leaving and entering the railjack, and a new one is the necromechs, for some reason off-host I can't leave a necromancy once I have summoned it, I literally have to kite enough enemies to kill me just so I can die and return to the railjack.

This content should not have been released in this state

Honestly, I was expecting them to add for us a reason to play Railjack, I had high hopes for Voidstorms to be the game mode that make me want to play in outer space, What we got is a 30 min quest, and a cool song, and endless RNG hell, didn't they said they're gonna reduce the grind and make Railjack more fun ? I don't understand this company anymore, the relic cracking system in voidstorms is not what I expected it to be, they literally copy pasted what we already have in classic warframe... this update is non sense, and it need to be fixed, Not gonna play it until they fix it..

at this point, im expecting Railjack to corner itself and become more Isolated from the rest of the game, a game mode with no active squads in it..... 

Let me choose start mission as captain or join as crew. I have a kitted out RJ and actually know how the missions work. But when you just choose the mission especially now with void storms you have a 3 in 4 chance of being in some one else's RJ that may not be kitted out yet and may not be a player familiar with RJ piloting and mission structure.

Now with crew members that are actually good at aiming and repairing, and dont protest their spot or just run around doing God knows what, solo is infinitely more fun.  But with Void storms you want to run as a group to have 3 more relics that increase your chances of getting better stuff.  Having a couple randoms that dont know what their doing in a void fissure is no big deal as most of the missions only require one person know what their doing (outside spy but who opens relics on spy) and doesn't really push the time taken up. But with Void Storms if you get on a under equipped RJ or a pilot who sucks you can increase the time taken by a lot and you cant over come their lack. And they push the time up significantly. 

On the topic of Void storm at endo of mission it should automattically dock you to give you the option to exit the party with out aborting to dry dock and loosing stuff.

Archived