Jump to content

Do you like the new Railjack? What would you add?


Recommended Posts

Am I the only one still wondering about Modular Archwing? 

I'd personally like to see the ability to decorate the Railjack interior,  more Railjack cosmetics.

I'm hoping they do an update for each faction honestly I know that we've seen Sentient and now with void storms Corrupted added to some capacity, but I'd like to see Sentients, Corrupted and infested get there own nodes, ships added as well. And hopefully along the way they fix the bugs 🤣

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love Railjack solo, though What I Want Added to Railjack is a WORKING CO-OP Version, solo I have no troubles but with the Clan mate tonight it was a train wreck  he was host and his game was screwing up bigtime, 7bYWg.gif me no dramas even as client. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I enjoyed Railjack since its beginning, even though it misses a lot of aspects that would make it a more complete game mode.

They improved it a lot recently by adding corpus proximas and  maps with side quests, plus a modding system that aligns better with the rest of the game (even if it became REALLY hungry of my precious formas !), but I think it still misses a lot of things to become funier AND to have a better place in the "every days missions", for ressource farming, syndicate reputation, or even chilling ...

A lot of previous answers have covered the majority of my feelings (AWESOME new maps, cool new weapons ... but sadly nerfs of the old ones _thinking about you, my beloved Zetki carcinnox_ beautiful new ships, gorgeous ices mines, orokin towers that can be visited ...). In my opinion, the least enjoyable addition was the fact they added old missions into the railjack instead of trying to convert them for the gamemode (yes, I think defenses, survival misisions and a lot of other missions types would greatly transfer into railjack !).

 

One thing I would love to see being added : interactivity between archwing and railjack. I feel arcwhings are an aspect of the game that have been lost to the void for a long time now ...

I don't know about you, but I've been using them only to fly between ships or objectives in RJ misisons ... the only place I find them enjoyable is in open maps like Eidolon plains ... I find paradoxal the fact that the place they are the most useful is on the ground, when they've been conceived to fly in space ^^

It would be awesome to finally have them as an important combat tool ! And not as a useful bicycle equipped with rocket reactors x) (PLUS it would be a great occasion to finally solve theur scale issue in RJ gamemode XD)

 

In conclusion, I love railjack. Just the fact that 4 players can manage a ship simultaneously makes me happy ^^. I'll continue to enjoy it, just because of the orgasmic beauty of the maps and the coop it brings !

Even though, railjack can be significantly improved 😃

 

(EDIT : Railjack decorations would be a welcome additons too 😋)

 

See you in the system, Tennos !:heart::lotus:

Edited by Molgatarr
Comment addition
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, SortaRandom said:

I would re-implement the speed boost after Drifting, which DE removed in U29.10 at the request of literally no one. Even if it meant we got the stamina bar back, I would still accept that in a heartbeat.

Movement in the Railjack feels like such a slog now. Drift-boosting was the one thing that felt "interactive" when maneuvering the railjack, since the player had to get a feel for how much drifting is required for their desired boost distance. Now, Railjack piloting is just... WASD, and nothing else. No player engagement, no learning curve, nothing.

Maybe I'm missing something but I was using drift boosting yesterday. Perhaps I'm thinking of something different but all of my speed boosting abilities are the same as old Railjack, minus the stamina.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm just going to copy and paste what i've put on a feedback megathread and edit it slightly as not to spoil anything.

 

After spending some time with the update, this has been, at least personally for me, one of the most dissapointing ones. However, there are some positives. 

The quest, while short was very appealing and featured a very well made song that is akin to a sea shanty. 

Currently my sevagoth is building in the foundry, as I farmed him so I have no feedback on this frame but from what i've seen, his kit looks solid and he does look really cool.

The addition of crew is a fantastic feature and the fact we can customize them and give them weapons with custom builds makes it all the more better. Now if only they had idle animations like sitting down and playing cards with eachother rather then running around the ship in circles. 

The main reason why the update disappointed me was the mission structure. It is literally the opposite of what I wanted in railjack missions. If I want to do boots on the ground missions then I will play star chart. I wanted to blow stuff up with my upgraded railjack but instead it's just a taxi to get me to the actual objectives which are all ground objectives.

Why are there no meaningful objectives for railjacks other than blowing up fighters, crewships and weakpoints.

Suggestion: Add mission types with objectives designed around railjack/archwing and space combat. 

I'm just going to spitball a few ideas to attemp to be somewhat constructive

Railjack defence: A lifpod from a ship attack by corpus/grineer, containing a vip is in need of protection until it can be picked up for transport. It would be up to the railjack crew to defend the pod how they see fit from waves of ships and crewships.

Space hijack: Lets be space pirates and raid a corpus transport ship ferrying valuable goods. There are many ways this mission could go. Perhaps this could be an endless mission where the tenno are raiding shipping lanes and for every transport hijacked the number and strength of opposition increases. 

Railjack survival: Railjack crew have to navigate and use as cover a large astroid field and survive while fending off corpus/grineer forces that hunt them. Instead of life support it could be fuel or energy cells but funtionally the same as a normal survival. Perhaps a capital ship in the distant sky box firing off a powerful cannon making cover from the astroid field more important. Doesn't have to be an astroid field. Could be a ship graveyard where you need to distract enemy forces while an agent performes a salvage mission.

I would even take just a simple space exterminate mission just to have a bit of railjack fun.

The removal of gian point was bad call in my opinion. Although there is a high level node with only one ground objective. It is still very tedious.

On to void storms and opening relics. Other than farming sevagoth and seeing a terrifying -redacted- in the loading screen, these are pretty pointless. Normal missions are faster and I don't find railjack fun enough now to run void storms. I can already pop a relic every 2 minutes or so, why would I want to add another 2 or 3 minutes on top of that completing additional railjack objectives that I don't find enjoyable. 

Anyway that's just my take on it and I hope railjack does get some missions in the future based around space combat instead of trying to be a taxi simulator. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

Maybe I'm missing something but I was using drift boosting yesterday. Perhaps I'm thinking of something different but all of my speed boosting abilities are the same as old Railjack, minus the stamina.

Drifting is still there, but not the sudden boost of forward momentum you'd get upon ending the drift.

It used to be like Mario Kart, where ending a drift launched you forward based on how long you were drifting... but that's unfortunately gone now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

They need to drop the normal missions and just use POIs. If a mission can't handle the right enemy count or whatever then it probably shouldn't be in Railjack, and instead of cramming in an old mission type they ought to reinvent a few of them for Railjack. Like Defense could be replaced with defending an allied ship that's in the region doing some task, and Exterminate could be replaced with clearing out a barracks POI. Volatile ought to be what they initially showed in 2018, which was much cooler in execution than what we ended up getting. The apparent enemy count issue also highlights yet another reason why general game balance needs addressing: if there's a cap on how many enemies we can have then the enemies need to be able to stand up to players a little better. Right now it doesn't matter how many enemies are on screen if they all die in giant AoE masses.

I'm also thinking that DE ought to treat the Proximas more like open world zones, where it's a really big zone with a lot of stuff going on and you can fly around for a long time instead of being a singular mission you travel between. Like say I fly to Venus Proxima and it's a field of those Orokin towers, and if I find the right one my squad can hack it and piss off the third Orb starting a raid.

Most of a Railjack map is empty space, so like fill it in with something. Have ships jumping in that can be attacked, have blockades that are dangerous to be around, have Corpus vs Grineer crossfire events. Have allied ships you can assist and POIs to take over. Have Sentient Murex jumping in throwing everything into chaos, or Void Storms that you can see rolling in that you can dive into and ride to crack Relics. Railjack could be really, really cool as an open world experience you expect to wander around in for a long time. Railjack (and all of the open worlds) should be more persistent and dynamic, which the 2013-era load-in-load-out mission structure has been getting in the way of since PoE.

This is my thought as well. To me, Railjack is MADE for high intensity, open world chaos! A Fortuna/Deimos model could work here, where the Deimos' rewarding exploration is plentiful but, if spotted by enemy scouts or invading enemy areas, the Fortuna alarm system could escalate the dog fights, creating an exciting and increasingly difficult situation. 

Let the resources by the rewards but offer enhanced torret and archwing mods and mkIV turrets weapons only. That would ensure we have to rely on crew efficiency and pilot skill instead of invincible tier health/shield values. 

With the stamina bar gone, my Railjack would love chase missions, ambushes and mega skirmish battles, without the need to have land battles. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

Drifting is still there, but not the sudden boost of forward momentum you'd get upon ending the drift.

It used to be like Mario Kart, where ending a drift launched you forward based on how long you were drifting... but that's unfortunately gone now.

Ahh, I get you but, I think it's not really needed anymore because your non stamina boosting covers more ground now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

oh god no! That is almost exactly what the old archwing defense mission was. You were defending two ships in adjacent hangers and it was terrible. iirc it was what dropped one of the fluctus pieces and I know I could never keep both ships around for extended bits of time. It was a nightmare, I was glad when they scrapped it.

It wasn't that bad. And tbh I don't really see the difference between AFKing in the crappy defense tile or flying around defending an NPC ship, aside from the latter being more interesting. Mechanically they're identical except one actually involves the Railjack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, (XBOX)ALTBOULI said:

Not really no, my railjack feels inferior to what it was and the gamemode is back to being what it was when it first came out I.e. a buggy mess, endless load screens, glitches when leaving and entering the railjack, and a new one is the necromechs, for some reason off-host I can't leave a necromancy once I have summoned it, I literally have to kite enough enemies to kill me just so I can die and return to the railjack.

This content should not have been released in this state

I honestly have not experienced any load screen issues or the glitches you've mentioned. In fact, the only glitch i've experienced, so far, is a lingering resource piece that cou ts as collected but is still visible and marked. I'm on PS4 though. Has anyone else on XBox experienced similar bugs?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

Ahh, I get you but, I think it's not really needed anymore because your non stamina boosting covers more ground now.

It's not about whether it's needed, it's about whether it's enjoyable.

The old mario-kart-esque drift boosting was engaging, and that (IMO) made it fun as hell. DE decided to remove it since "it could often lead to unintended collisions", as though colliding with things while learning the movement system is somehow out of place for this movement-based game.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, gbjbaanb said:

I'd put most of the old railjack in. Sure, there are plenty of technical limitations and issues you have to face - but that is the same with every mission, normal and new Corpus ones included. the addition of crew is the only part that makes sense - guns, turret changes, per-player energy and mods are all confusing when you think the RJ is no longer part of the game, its just the base model for the warframes to do their thing. Its sad really.

At least the one RJ missions were pure, but the mix of ground and space battle worked beautifully (still do), so much much better than simply running a ground mission with a taxi to it part. What really made RJ special was the complexity of all the roles you had to manage - complexity that worked (once you knew what to do, a tutorial was all that was needed) and let you play many parts at once.

Right now, I feel the corpus RJ missions are there solely to grind for the loot. Once you have that, you'll never play them again. the Grineer RJ missions, they have replayability through and through.

I think this describes the "damned if you do, damned if you don't" argument. Lol! The good news is both factions are still in game and selectable. I do have a feeling the DE will just utilize both systems, while also introducing the invested and Sentient systems, similar to how different the open worlds are. Some will like it, some won't. Such is the art of variety.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

It's not about whether it's needed, it's about whether it's enjoyable.

The old mario-kart-esque drift boosting was engaging, and that (IMO) made it fun as hell. DE decided to remove it since "it could often lead to unintended collisions", as though colliding with things while learning the movement system is somehow out of place for this movement-based game.

True.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

I honestly have not experienced any load screen issues or the glitches you've mentioned. In fact, the only glitch i've experienced, so far, is a lingering resource piece that cou ts as collected but is still visible and marked. I'm on PS4 though. Has anyone else on XBox experienced similar bugs?

I've encountered these issues off-host not sure if you play on host or not but the other players I was playing with mentioned they faced the same issues

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How about no railjack? Railjack was implemented in fear that DE would lose to other competitors...even though Starcraft hasn't been relevant since 2010. It's a system that was made for petty reasons and it stands out sorely compared to the rest of the game since this is a soul/hacknslash. Not a bootlegged starcraft game.

 

But if we're gonna pretend that this is healthy for the game, add host option and tech guy watching railjack at all times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, CurseOfFilth said:

How about no railjack? Railjack was implemented in fear that DE would lose to other competitors...even though Starcraft hasn't been relevant since 2010. It's a system that was made for petty reasons and it stands out sorely compared to the rest of the game since this is a soul/hacknslash. Not a bootlegged starcraft game.

 

But if we're gonna pretend that this is healthy for the game, add host option and tech guy watching railjack at all times.

I like how you think you know better than the dev's. Speak for yourself, plenty of us actually enjoy Rj. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean everyone shares the same opinion. It wasn't implemented out of desperation and it wasn't a last ditch effort. It's an idea they wanted to try since 2017-18 (dont remember specifically) and built on it to connect the game a bit more. Is it perfect? Hell no, but it's still fun to some of us.

Edited by (PSN)ErydisTheLucario
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-04-15 at 1:25 PM, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario said:

I like how you think you know better than the dev's. Speak for yourself, plenty of us actually enjoy Rj. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean everyone shares the same opinion. It wasn't implemented out of desperation and it wasn't a last ditch effort. It's an idea they wanted to try since 2017-18 (dont remember specifically) and built on it to connect the game a bit more. Is it perfect? Hell no, but it's still fun to some of us.

Agreed and one update to your statement: RJ was one of the original Warframe ideas since before the start of Warframe. The tech just wasn't available then.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

Agreed and one update to your statement: RJ was one of the original Warframe ideas since before the start of Warframe. The tech just wasn't available then.

I'm also fairly certain that it was suppose to be the basis of the game Dark Sector but publishers turned them down every time. Technically Railjack WAS the idea.

And when they felt they were in a safe position to finally do it, they went for it. 

If DE had there way Railjack would have been developed far eariler then when it was.

Edited by (XBOX)Cram Duahcim
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, (XBOX)Cram Duahcim said:

I'm also fairly certain that it was suppose to be the basis of the game Dark Sector but publishers turned them down every time.

And when they felt they were in a safe position to finally do it, they went for it. 

If DE had there way Railjack would have been developed far eariler then when it was.

Which is why Sony is using Warframe as a PS5 "tester". DE is always pushing the limits of game design + processing optimization. Warframe is pushing hard on every console and never stops finding new ways to add, break, risk or change. I'm quite sure they're very bummed about the AI limits but are actively trying to defeat that barrier. Love it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

Which is why Sony is using Warframe as a PS5 "tester". DE is always pushing the limits of game design + processing optimization. Warframe is pushing hard on every console and never stops finding new ways to add, break, risk or change. I'm quite sure they're very bummed about the AI limits but are actively trying to defeat that barrier. Love it!

I think the real challenge they are facing is incorporating Cross Save and Cross Play.

Yeah I went there 🤣

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sadly today has once again been a disaster for me trying to play railjack, a host of bugs keep occurring that stops me from progressing in a mission or prevent or in some cases even leaving a mission.

Quite a few objectives are crashing resulting in the mission becoming impossible to complete, I have had slightly better luck on host (have to set it to friends only) but many of the issues still persist. Though my commando tree is as high as it can be and my railjack is tanky + I have a decent crew, I still would prefer to play with actual people.

Need one more piece of sevagoth (the chassis) then im unlikely to play Railjack for a while (until they fix these numerous bugs at least)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-04-15 at 8:03 AM, PublikDomain said:

They need to drop the normal missions and just use POIs. If a mission can't handle the right enemy count or whatever then it probably shouldn't be in Railjack, and instead of cramming in an old mission type they ought to reinvent a few of them for Railjack. Like Defense could be replaced with defending an allied ship that's in the region doing some task, and Exterminate could be replaced with clearing out a barracks POI. Volatile ought to be what they initially showed in 2018, which was much cooler in execution than what we ended up getting. The apparent enemy count issue also highlights yet another reason why general game balance needs addressing: if there's a cap on how many enemies we can have then the enemies need to be able to stand up to players a little better. Right now it doesn't matter how many enemies are on screen if they all die in giant AoE masses.

I'm also thinking that DE ought to treat the Proximas more like open world zones, where it's a really big zone with a lot of stuff going on and you can fly around for a long time instead of being a singular mission you travel between. Like say I fly to Venus Proxima and it's a field of those Orokin towers, and if I find the right one my squad can hack it and piss off the third Orb starting a raid.

Most of a Railjack map is empty space, so like fill it in with something. Have ships jumping in that can be attacked, have blockades that are dangerous to be around, have Corpus vs Grineer crossfire events. Have allied ships you can assist and POIs to take over. Have Sentient Murex jumping in throwing everything into chaos, or Void Storms that you can see rolling in that you can dive into and ride to crack Relics. Railjack could be really, really cool as an open world experience you expect to wander around in for a long time. Railjack (and all of the open worlds) should be more persistent and dynamic, which the 2013-era load-in-load-out mission structure has been getting in the way of since PoE.

100% this.

Also a thing I would like to see added would be more crew options. First step being the opposite gender of current syndicate crew members. But also inclusion of different variations of crew members(with Steel Meridian and Perrin Sequence having the most options due to their Grineer and Corpus origins) and new groups like Solaris and maybe independent operatives.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i think railjack squads need 5 players to add a role for command which plays like a tabletop game. You see everything and everyone reports to you, you set rules of engagement and maintain stocks and, set static or dynamic roles for other players would have to be host by default but can be changed via mutiny or free will

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...