Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you like the new Railjack? What would you add?

(PSN)GEN-Son_17

On 2021-04-15 at 3:03 AM, PublikDomain said:

They need to drop the normal missions and just use POIs. If a mission can't handle the right enemy count or whatever then it probably shouldn't be in Railjack, and instead of cramming in an old mission type they ought to reinvent a few of them for Railjack. Like Defense could be replaced with defending an allied ship that's in the region doing some task, and Exterminate could be replaced with clearing out a barracks POI. Volatile ought to be what they initially showed in 2018, which was much cooler in execution than what we ended up getting. The apparent enemy count issue also highlights yet another reason why general game balance needs addressing: if there's a cap on how many enemies we can have then the enemies need to be able to stand up to players a little better. Right now it doesn't matter how many enemies are on screen if they all die in giant AoE masses.

I'm also thinking that DE ought to treat the Proximas more like open world zones, where it's a really big zone with a lot of stuff going on and you can fly around for a long time instead of being a singular mission you travel between. Like say I fly to Venus Proxima and it's a field of those Orokin towers, and if I find the right one my squad can hack it and piss off the third Orb starting a raid.

Most of a Railjack map is empty space, so like fill it in with something. Have ships jumping in that can be attacked, have blockades that are dangerous to be around, have Corpus vs Grineer crossfire events. Have allied ships you can assist and POIs to take over. Have Sentient Murex jumping in throwing everything into chaos, or Void Storms that you can see rolling in that you can dive into and ride to crack Relics. Railjack could be really, really cool as an open world experience you expect to wander around in for a long time. Railjack (and all of the open worlds) should be more persistent and dynamic, which the 2013-era load-in-load-out mission structure has been getting in the way of since PoE.

Exactly.  They heard "integrate railjack with core warframe" and somehow ended up with "fly your railjack to worse copies of the same missions we had before, without adding meaningful new railjack missions".  The new corpus ships are good though.

In fact, this update did not contribute anything to railjack ... it only destroyed what was good. What was missing were just new planets. The configuration interface has been destroyed, the energy flow destroyed, the cryophon destroyed, and the corpus missions are too bad.

Railjack?

Oh you mean the space ship I fly to destroy 2 security nodes & a couple of crewships before I start a normal ground mission.

Yeah its a cool new interactive load screen but Ide prefere the actual railjack gamemode we used to have.

But I can see im in a tiny minority so I guess railjack isnt something for me to play anymore.

Not to mention how much of a nerf & credit & endo sink it is for those with max railjacks to get it back to a point where its still not as good as the old railjack but then it doesnt have to be because you dont really use the railjack anymore especially if youre playing solo & with the state of railjqck public lobby who isnt playing solo.

So no I absolutly hate this railjack rework absolutly hate it & will not play it after Ive farmed what I need to its dead content & Im just glad its on an island away from everything else so the illness cant spread.Although I think its too late to quarentine at this point the rot has already begun to set in

I'm enjoying the new RJ content, as for additions....

1. The ability to mix left and right pilot turrets
  2. when at your dojo, upgrading your plexus should have an option to use forma stored in the dojo vault
  3. add tellurium to the drop pool since both AW and RJ in missions
  4. add the ability to obtain corpus and grineer components and weapons either through ship destruction or scans
  5. add infested since we know that they can survive in zero-G when doing missions on Eris.
  6. point defense for missiles/torpedoes

17 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

I quoted because I agree with that person

Its cool. cheers.

I agree with a lot, but i'm going to be generous to DE, they made some changes that are changes (and nobody likes change) that are OK. Plexus is fine - getting rid of avionics and standardising on mods makes sense, its less confusing, easier to understand. Its a good change overall. Sure, niggles, but I don't mind that. You'll get used to it. The same with the turrets, the old ones were fine... the new ones a bit messy. And the new ones are still as hard to work whern the pilot is jerking all over the place anyway, so there was no reason at all to make this change. But meh, done now.

Tether is fixed now so side gunners can still shoot and not get yelled at, that's good.

But the "your config is now yours and not the ship" is a mistake that is less understood. It removes te railjack as a thing. Its now just a mission platform, a tileset. That's bad. the whole co-op as crew thing is out the window in favour of "4 guys playing solo at the same time", and that's a very much retrograde action. DE will do a lot better where co-op works, solo doesn't give you the impetus to keep returning to play, playing with others has an aspect that does.

They screwed RJ to bring it down to the lowest demoninator in WF, and they should have been looking at it as a way to bring the rest of WF up to its level. Such a missed opportunity.

Archived