Can't figure out recent Saryn issues

Sydillia

Question

Sup,

I took quite a longer break, came back last week and constantly run into issues with my Saryn. I did play after the Pablo rework, so I know you don't use Molt, spam 1 on it and pop the spores anymore. But there seem to were some changes anyways? Let me explain.

When I enter a portal in (E)SO I use 3, then 1 on an enemy and pop the spores with my Gas modded Ignis or melee. So far nothing unusual I guess. Correct me if I'm already wrong here.

But I seem to miss a crucial point...spores are not spreading. Like there is a small map full of enemies, let's say Grineer. Map is totally red with enemy markers. But using 1 on an enemy and popping the spores doesn't make them spread. It's like 1 infected and after I shoot it there's "decaying" on the HUD. Please do mind, 3 is active and according to the wiki:

"Toxic Lash

While active, attacks deal additional Toxin damage; this effect is doubled for melee strikes. Instantly burst spores when attacking afflicted enemies."

Not hitting the spores directly, just attacking the enemy. I just don't get it?

Sometimes it does work as I understand the abilities and the spores are indeed spreading and I get to 1000+ while 50 are infected. But then instead of further increasing the damage number is decreasing while there are still enemies infected. Why is that so? Does the increase work per enemy? I had the impression as long there is at least 1 infected the number will not decrease.

Last issue I have is recasting 1 while there are still infected. There is an enemy behind a thick wall/cover or just too far away and I want to recast 1 on an enemy right in front of me. But I can't. "Ability already in use". Huh?! Since when can't I recast spores? I always have to wait until the decaying reached 0 and only then I can use 1 again.

This all seems awfully wrong. Either I have unknown bugs or I just don't an important point in the quite old rework of her.

This is the build I'm using on Saryn and Ignis.

XZoLCzO.jpg

4gOMjse.jpg

ive had the same issue, mostly in SO and ESO

the spores dont spread -at all... even when the mobs are right next to each other.

it dosnt always happen, and sometimes when it does it seems to 'correct' itself after a few seconds 

but it's still a pain in the butt.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Sydillia said:

using 1 on an enemy and popping the spores doesn't make them spread. [...] instead of further increasing the damage number is decreasing while there are still enemies infected. [...] Last issue I have is recasting 1 while there are still infected.

Saryn is my most played Warframe, and I have literally NEVER experienced any of this. Are you sure you are not hallucinating?

Maybe you are not hitting the target? Maybe you were recasting Spores (reduces damage)? Maybe you were just bugged (ability in use is a rare bug)?

3 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Saryn is my most played Warframe, and I have literally NEVER experienced any of this. Are you sure you are not hallucinating?

Maybe you are not hitting the target? Maybe you were recasting Spores (reduces damage)? Maybe you were just bugged (ability in use is a rare bug)?

None of this seems helpful to the OP. More like you are berating them for having problems.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

None of this seems helpful to the OP. More like you are berating them for having problems.

So have you experienced the same issues as the OP? Sometimes players are just mistaken or imagine things.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

So have you experienced the same issues as the OP? Sometimes players are just mistaken or imagine things.

no I haven't but I don't often play Saryn. But yea I can see how two of us not experiencing a bug makes it a hallucination. 

Either way, your focus seems to be on thinking OP is delusional in some way, rather than anything helpful.

12 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Are you sure you are not hallucinating?

Thanks for your input. But these things occur over and over again. I was trying to farm Khora this last week and did dozens of SO runs.

Maybe I do imagine things, but these are the things I end up with ~

10 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

None of this seems helpful to the OP.

^

1 minute ago, Traumtulpe said:

That is not how Spores works.

No sh....sherlock. Sorry for being rude but this is the exact reason why I am here. I can't find any changes and yet I do have these issues run after run

Just gonna take a stab in the dark and say you're killing too fast, so instead of infecting the next spawns they're dying before they can. Which is when your infected counter will drop.

And for the "ability in use part, are you maybe using it too often and getting locked out by Simaris?

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
  • Like 1

unrelated, Gas is... pretty crap now. you'll get more mileage out of other Damage Types.

• if Spores isn't spreading, you might be Killing the Enemy before the Spores actually appear on the Enemy. try waiting say half a second or so after Casting Spores before trying to hit/Kill the Enemy. this is especially prevalent in Sessions with increased Latency.
    • i assume there is infact an enemy within Range, 2.8x Range would make for very few instances where there would not be.
  • if the Counter is decreasing and there are still Enemies left, is a Nullifier affecting you? the Counter is irrelevant in 99% of content so i don't know if Nullifiers even drain it, but maybe it does.
    and you're not Casting Spores again? Casting Spores after there is already some grown consumes some of it.
  • i have never had an in use error with Spores. beats me.
Edited by taiiat
  • Like 2

Thanks for contributing to all of you.

It seems there was/is an animation bug with my selected animation set. I can recast spores but there is no animation and thus shows "ability already in use" because...well... it's in use. Figured while I wasn't able to shoot while this as well.

Recasting also explains the decrease in damage shown. Every recast is about 50ish dmg.

What I still struggle with it the "not spreading" issue. It might be because not every enemy which ticks damage has a spore? And so I can't spread what's not there, I guess? Not sure tho. If you take this Kuva Tile Set with the bridge over the chasm I cannot spread spores regardless.

absolute minimal sketch, I hope you know what I mean

k9Eo74Z.png

When I cast 1 on a enemy at the spawn no enemy at the other parts get hit although they are just 20-30meter away and my 1 has a range of 44ish meter shown in the Mod UI.

At least this is one of the most issue related tile sets. My efficiency drops from 100 to 40ish when I get this map

56 minutes ago, Sydillia said:

I wasn't able to shoot while this as well.

That is particularly odd, as Spore is a one-handed action (you can shoot and reload while casting). I'd like to know what animation set you were using, and you should probably report this bug - although such niche ones usually don't get fixed.

For reference, 44m is about this distance. Might you have overestimated the range?fnfivCD.pnglGXDQlm.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sydillia said:

Thanks for contributing to all of you.

It seems there was/is an animation bug with my selected animation set. I can recast spores but there is no animation and thus shows "ability already in use" because...well... it's in use. Figured while I wasn't able to shoot while this as well.

Recasting also explains the decrease in damage shown. Every recast is about 50ish dmg.

What I still struggle with it the "not spreading" issue. It might be because not every enemy which ticks damage has a spore? And so I can't spread what's not there, I guess? Not sure tho. If you take this Kuva Tile Set with the bridge over the chasm I cannot spread spores regardless.

absolute minimal sketch, I hope you know what I mean

k9Eo74Z.png

When I cast 1 on a enemy at the spawn no enemy at the other parts get hit although they are just 20-30meter away and my 1 has a range of 44ish meter shown in the Mod UI.

At least this is one of the most issue related tile sets. My efficiency drops from 100 to 40ish when I get this map

I've enountered the same issue. Even in packed maps, spores decay on their own. It goes from 0 to 12 to whatever number and then it just stops spreading even if enemies are standing right next to eachother. Range is not the issue. I can't find anything on this in the wiki. From reading that it would seem that spores should spread indefinitely, but they never do for me.

• Like 1

In relation to spores not spreading.

Could it be a bug introduced with the new update? 

Perhaps an issue with nat type and compatibility.

Playing in a group or solo? If in a group, try solo and see if the issue persists.

Was there another saryn in the group? Sometimes it's hard to spread spores around when another saryn already has a strong spore score going. Sometimes other nuke frames can also distrupt your spores spreading in eso if they are murdering everything before spores have a chance to spread. 

Edited by (PSN)lydon123

41 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

It goes from 0 to 12 to whatever number and then it just stops spreading even if enemies are standing right next to eachother.

You do realize that only the enemy you directly cast Spore on is able to spread Spore on his own (on death), right? Subsequent victims will not spread the ability if they die from it (unless they are currently affected by Miasma).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Traumtulpe said:

You do realize that only the enemy you directly cast Spore on is able to spread Spore on his own (on death), right? Subsequent victims will not spread the ability if they die from it (unless they are currently affected by Miasma).

No I did not realise that no. And the wiki is unclear on this as well. This is the reason I don't really enjoy spore Saryn, because applying spores is a chore.

47 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

This is the reason I don't really enjoy spore Saryn, because applying spores is a chore.

Apparently, playing Warframe is a chore since so many seem intent on avoiding playing as much of the game as possible. 

Spores is easy. Just don't be in a hurry. The rushrushRUSH mentality is counterproductive in so many ways. 

You should have Toxic Lash up first thing. Then pick your victim to cast Spores. Kill that target and then things get interesting--assuming more victims are in range. Once you see numbers everywhere, you're good to go. Rinse, repeat. 

If you've got a fair number of infected targets and a large spawn coming in, then Miasma is on the table to really get the purge rolling. 

If you're just in a race to nuke stuff...I don't know what to tell you except you're missing a lot of the fun in playing the more complex warframes. 

• Like 2

Your case is really weird indeed. My Saryn only has 265% range yet I have never had any of your issues before, nothing blocked my spores at all except they died too fast, or there were other Saryns "c*ck-blocking" me.

Judging from your circumstance, I think you need to read again and again, meticulously, wiki description to see if you still miss anything of Saryn. She received a lot of reworks.

I can only advise so, because idk how you performed during battle. It would be better if you could provide us with a short vid.

Edited by Diangelius

5 hours ago, (PSN)lydon123 said:

Was there another saryn in the group? Sometimes it's hard to spread spores around when another saryn already has a strong spore score going. Sometimes other nuke frames can also distrupt your spores spreading in eso if they are murdering everything before spores have a chance to spread. 

1 hour ago, Diangelius said:

or there were other Saryns "c*ck-blocking" me.

@Sydillia Other than bugs, another Saryn blocking your spores with their spores (high chance this will happen in ESO) is the closest match to the behaviour you've described.

...I have an idea as to what's causing this problem. So, everyone here knows about the issue Saryn has always had, where if you have more than one Saryn in the group, whichever one has higher range tends to more reliably spread the plague, and in doing so, block any other Saryn on the team from doing the same, right?

Enter Panzer Vulpaphyla. Everyone is running that thing, especially in ESO, as it's a bit like having a budget debuffer that never dies on the team.

I just tested this in the simulacrum and the spores do seem to block each other. With my one Panzer Vulpaphyla, it takes a while for the viral spores to reliably block Saryn's corrosive ones, but if you're on a team with three people who have a Panzer Vulpaphyla, I wager that could be what's happening.