Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For those unaware: DE did an AMA on Reddit

Jarriaga

Lurker here (still zero posts, just want to keep track of my favourite subs on the app). Was wondering when this thread was going to show up.

A bit disappointed that Duviri Paradox won't be coming in 2021, but looking forward to the New War. Hopefully.

8 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Lurker here (still zero posts, just want to keep track of my favourite subs on the app). Was wondering when this thread was going to show up.

A bit disappointed that Duviri Paradox won't be coming in 2021, but looking forward to the New War. Hopefully.

Kind of sounds to me that they're not particularly pleased about it either. Specifically, that some of their main players don't have voice recording set up, like Ordis because the end of lockdown was always just over the horizon. Which, as somebody who's been constantly held back on projects recently by something that proves to be 'achilles-and-the-tortise', I can empathize with that.

Of course, that might just be wishful thinking on my part. 

1 hour ago, KnossosTNC said:

Alot of people are waiting for that but I gotta tell you I'm just wanting The New War to FINALLY resolve the Apostasy Prologue and know whether or not were either saving or killing The Lotus. 

And the reason why is because Im hoping we will  finally see how the morality system get implemented properly and have more of an effect on us as players than simply if the circle on our profiles is black/white.

Now I'll share mines so I think you can gauge where I fall on that Lotus decision but we need that resolved before we get Duvri. 

The problem was DE showed there hand WAY to fast but they couldn't predict that Covid 19 was going to exist back then. 

And it sounds like PoD could be a victim of that as depending on how they are working from home now, we don't know the extent of how much that impacts future updates as they won't have access to all assets for production. 

I'm with you on it as I'm also personally hyped but with CoT being as short as it was and with updates feeling smaller and smaller I'm of the belief that we might get The New War in the same way we expect it due to issues going on that DE has no control over. (I live in Ontario so I'm facing the same issues due to government policy/response to covid) 

3 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Yea I loves their responses on mandatory modding and having to use the wikipedia. Put the lazy gamers in their place lol.

The answer to the mandatory mod question was good, but it was far more nuanced than just “putting lazy gamers in their place.” Actually I don’t even see how those people are “lazy”. There’s nothing lazy about wanting more build diversity, even if their view is misguided.

Regarding the Wikipedia bit, Rebecca’s answer was wrong, frankly. She basically insinuated that most MMOs rely on the community to teach players their game, which just isn’t true. For my money, FF14 is the best MMO on the market right now, and that game is littered with tool tips to help guide you through all its complex systems. THAT is how it should be done. Take notes from the best.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

-snip-

Thing is, the MMO she was referring to as having needed community help was FF14. Reb has been playing it and streaming it every weekend for a few months now.

Your perception goes to show that rather than a disparity of information, it's an issue of disparity of player understanding of said information. For some its enough. For others, not enough.

2 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Why do they always have to waste time on this every year.

I wonder why companies have a tendency of making presentations centered around their products and what is to come. I don't know why Nvidia did a presentation for their 3000 series. I don't know why AMD did a presentation for their Ryzen 5000 series. I don't know why Apple will do a presentation later this year to show off the new iPhone.

It's a mystery, really. I'm positive there's no market research correlating pre-release hype with sales..... None at all.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

I wonder what's the next unvualting?

I'm betting on one of these scenarios:

1) The 2 frames that have been vaulted and absent from the game the longest time.

2) The frame that has been absent and vaulted for the longest time + A Frame that has not been unvaluted before even if it hasn't been that long since it got vaulted, like Zephyr.

7 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Thing is, the MMO she was referring to as having needed community help was FF14. Reb has been playing it and streaming it every weekend for a few months now.

Your perception goes to show that rather than a disparity of information, it's an issue of disparity of player understanding of said information. For some its enough. For others, not enough.

Then it’s just a crazy comparison on Reb’s part.

Sure, FF14 is a very complex game where you might need community help sometimes, but FF14 still puts a tremendous amount of effort into explaining things in game, whereas Warframe puts in almost zero effort. The fact that she’s comparing the two is insane to me.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Then it’s just a crazy comparison on Reb’s part.

Sure, FF14 is a very complex game where you might need community help sometimes, but FF14 still puts a tremendous amount of effort into explaining things in game, whereas Warframe puts in almost zero effort. The fact that she’s comparing the two is insane to me.

Well, the idea that players think it is some 'big deal' to lookup data outside a game about the game is 'just crazy' and 'insane' to me.

I get that some people 'simply cannot abide' looking things up and having to figure stuff out, but IMO, that continues to be a strength of the game, not a weakness.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

-snip-

I also play both games and agree. Every time I encounter something new in the game, a tool tip pops up that I can access and get a brief review of what that thing is and does.

I'm not saying the two games need to do things the same, but Warframe's guidance of new players is horrible. They shouldn't be dismissing the issue like that, they have to know that newbies are left without any sort of help in game.

6 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

Well, the idea that players think it is some 'big deal' to lookup data outside a game about the game is 'just crazy' and 'insane' to me.

I get that some people 'simply cannot abide' looking things up and having to figure stuff out, but IMO, that continues to be a strength of the game, not a weakness.

You misunderstand me. I actually enjoy having to figure things out in Warframe, though I do think they could do a better job guiding new players, it’s not something I’m very bothered by.

I’m just calling out her response as being disingenuous. She’s comparing Warframe to a game that puts a lot of effort into in-game tool tips. And it is nice having the tool tips pop up rather than having to use google. It just saves time.

Archived