Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For those unaware: DE did an AMA on Reddit

Jarriaga

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Cram Duahcim said:

I honestly don't think that's going to happen I think that a line in the sand is going to be drawn with this one.

I mean saving someone by killing him is a trope in a lot of media and stories, and currently that doesn't seem too far off to me.
She has an inner fight, morals, connections with her true kin, but wants to save/help the tenno, and the sol system as well, but can't because of this and that bs... tl;dr we kill her to save her from herself etc.
It even has a potential for a tearjerking cinematic at the end with the obligatory violins.

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)Cram Duahcim said:

I honestly don't think that's going to happen I think that a line in the sand is going to be drawn with this one.

Agreed. Even though we do have a level of "choice" in quests, some events are set in stone for quest follow-up purposes. For example, in TWW, you have 3 choices with regards to the fate of the Elder Queen. Regardless of your choice, the ultimate outcome is the same. What changes is how it happens (Time, you, Teshin).

Thus, I think that we will get to the decide the how of the Lotus's fate at most, but not the what.

Just now, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

You misunderstand me. I actually enjoy having to figure things out in Warframe, I’m just calling out her response as being disingenuous. She’s comparing Warframe to a game that puts a lot of effort into in-game tool tips.

It's a wiki, various item/riven markets and they release drop chance rates. That's honestly really it and I'd honestly have to say, very basic in game tools.

Compare that to Elite Dangerous where in game tools are literally becoming full time paying jobs for some.

12 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Agreed. Even though we do have a level of "choice" in quests, some events are set in stone for quest follow-up purposes. For example, in TWW, you have 3 choices with regards to the fate of the Elder Queen. Regardless of your choice, the ultimate outcome is the same. What changes is how it happens (Time, you, Teshin).

Thus, I think that we will get to the decide the how of the Lotus's fate at most, but not the what.

Bingo, my personal hopes for the impact of this decision are likely not going to come to fruition though.

I'd  personally like to see a difference in Light/Dark/Middle Tenno whether it's cosmetic or something that effects gameplay. (Saving/Killing Lotus, Keep/Drink/Destroy Kuva) 

I just want the morality system to have alot more meaning than just a different colored circle on my profile.

1 minute ago, Serafim_94 said:

Did they say anything about future development of Railjack? Or is the corpus proxima level of lame is where's it's staying?

Seems like the Corpus Liches/Executives will be a Corpus Proxima thing. They also said they want to try an improved Scarlet Spear again.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Yea I loves their responses on mandatory modding and having to use the wikipedia. Put the lazy gamers in their place lol.

Suggesting the game provide basic information doesn't make someone lazy.

The game doesn't even provide basic information like what an ability/passive fully does for some Warframes. Not many games even do this other than those that do it for "difficulty". Not even DE themselves, as history has shown, is aware of what all Warframes do. There's a difference between figuring out complexities, or how to execute something, and having to actually study basics. Some tooltips in game provide the incorrect information too.

I'm also not sure how copy and pasting what some Youtuber says is the opposite of lazy, that's literally forfeiting one's own thoughts, too lazy to think. This is what DE is suggesting people do. It's also silly to say it's easy to find help from a "vet" because there's videos, when some of them contain misinformation or very bad advice. People aren't going to study the wiki for information, and the response you love, even states they couldn't be bothered to read and just did what someone told them to do. Clearly putting lazy people in their place, and not an excuse for being too lazy to even add and update tooltips while promoting irrelevant people that don't care for the community.

25 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

Suggesting the game provide basic information doesn't make someone lazy.

The game doesn't even provide basic information like what an ability/passive fully does for some Warframes. Not many games even do this other than those that do it for "difficulty". Not even DE themselves, as history has shown, is aware of what all Warframes do. There's a difference between figuring out complexities, or how to execute something, and having to actually study basics. Some tooltips in game provide the incorrect information too.

I'm also not sure how copy and pasting what some Youtuber says is the opposite of lazy, that's literally forfeiting one's own thoughts, too lazy to think. This is what DE is suggesting people do. It's also silly to say it's easy to find help from a "vet" because there's videos, when some of them contain misinformation or very bad advice. People aren't going to study the wiki for information, and the response you love, even states they couldn't be bothered to read and just did what someone told them to do. Clearly putting lazy people in their place, and not an excuse for being too lazy to even add and update tooltips while promoting irrelevant people that don't care for the community.

Gamers have been using guides since the 90s. There has rarely ever been a complex game that had everything explained IN the game and tutorials. Even Mario had things that you would only know from a guide. 

Personally, i like the approach of needing to research things as they become relevant to you. Too many in game guides and tutorials are overwhelming. 

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Gamers have been using guides since the 90s. There has rarely ever been a complex game that had everything explained IN the game and tutorials. Even Mario had things that you would only know from a guide. 

Biggest example off the top of my head: Yoshi being at the top of the castle in Mario 64 for 120 lives.

7 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Personally, i like the approach of needing to research things as they become relevant to you. Too many in game guides and tutorials are overwhelming. 

Except for the fact they're talking about games like MMOs. Mario is irrelevant to this context, and a lot of game design elements from the 90s don't even exist today in 99.9% of games for a very good reason. The amount of games I've played, even after several hundred of them, where tool-tips flat out lie to you, or omit information "because internet" can be counted using my fingers.

You also ignored I said "basic information". I never said the game needed built in guides, tutorials are often ignored anyways, just that the game actually tell you what abilities, passives, weapons, and mods actually do. There's absolutely no excuse why anyone needs to consult the wiki to know something as basic as the passive to the Warframe, just because DE couldn't be bothered to type it themselves.

Then we have cases such as Amalgam Furax Body Count, that despite the several "bug" reports, still hasn't had the description of it altered. There is absolutely no excuse for bad descriptions.

52 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Of course, but I think the issue with Warframe is that they explain almost nothing to you. Look at Kuva Liches and Eidolons for example. There is not even a hint of how to deal with them in game.

1 hour ago, bad4youLT said:

Anything good or useful was said on AMA ? like opening multiple relics , end game , raids , better railjack integration , etc .

Sadly, no, no, and no. I don't know if it's because no one asked, or they didn't answer those questions.

Yes for better railjack integration. They want to add more of the ground modes to the Grineer side to balance them out against Corpus.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Of course, but I think the issue with Warframe is that they explain almost nothing to you. Look at Kuva Liches and Eidolons for example. There is not even a hint of how to deal with them in game.

Rubbish. Kuva Liches have a freaking "tutorial" button at the bottom of the lich screen.

Eidolons use the "DE-standard" method of telling you what to do - a guide, in this case Quill Onkko who doesn't hand-hold you but does give you bits of what would be really obscure info like getting a lure. Now the level of detail isn't enough here, and there is no in-game tutorial, or even in-game description of what to do (and I think this is a mistake, Onkoo could have a "what are Eidolons" chat option where he would tell you the basics), and many other areas (eg od Railjack would have been much better accepted if Cy had something similar) but at this point they expect us to read the wiki to find out what to do.

I guess there is just too much description and tutorial that can be put in-game because when you're running around trying to kill an eidolon, you do not want tooltips popping up to tell you to change to operator mode. DE has a lot of gameplay stuff in here. Writing info for all of it like you want would destroy their release schedules and dev timetables.

I think DE should put some tutorial text in the codex, and point players to it to describe gameplay. Liches, RJ, Eidolons, Profit Taker, etc all could have a simply page of text put in there to give the basic knowledge of what to do. It wouldn't even have to be spoken, or interactive, just the basic concepts laid out so players woulnd't be totally clueless.

On 2021-04-15 at 2:19 PM, KnossosTNC said:

Lurker here (still zero posts, just want to keep track of my favourite subs on the app). Was wondering when this thread was going to show up.

A bit disappointed that Duviri Paradox won't be coming in 2021, but looking forward to the New War. Hopefully.

My gut tells me that most of the assets of Duviri Paradox is finished. It’s just that they can’t access mocap to animate them. Also, didn’t they say Duviri takes place after TNW? Must be another reason for why it’s taking so long.

Can’t access reddit because it’s banned in my country for some reason. Can someone give more info about the AMA?

On 2021-04-16 at 12:11 AM, gbjbaanb said:

I think DE should put some tutorial text in the codex, and point players to it to describe gameplay. Liches, RJ, Eidolons, Profit Taker, etc all could have a simply page of text put in there to give the basic knowledge of what to do. It wouldn't even have to be spoken, or interactive, just the basic concepts laid out so players woulnd't be totally clueless.

Better yet. Include the wiki link ingame, there you just make most of the tutorial problems go away without any work. Include them in the codex as a some sort of “Tenno’s handbook”.

27 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Can’t access reddit because it’s banned in my country for some reason. Can someone give more info about the AMA?

Spoiler

On Affinity gains balancing:

Spoiler

Through the years we have had many different "BEST Affinity FARM OMGBBQ" spots. Some of the most famous ones were Corpus, never forget Viver, or please do.
Overall I feel affinity is pretty easy to get, most players just get it as they do regular missions. And those that want to do 3 Formas in an hour, will always find a node that is "the best" and go there or to Sanctuary Onslaught, so I don't feel there is much drive for us to change since it will just settle in a new node.
That being said I do think there's things that are worth looking into, not sure when, but Plexus and Amps come to mind. - [DE]Pablo

Expanding Stalker's story:

Spoiler

Geoff's giving me the stink-eye... so no? (yes) - [DE]Steve

Adding "Mastered" icon to relic selection:

Spoiler

We have wanted to do this, but it is much more complicated to do than you'd expect due to how the data is structured. It is definitely something we want to do, but it is an elephant of a change, not sure when we can start taking bites at it. - [DE]Pablo

What's after Call of the Tempestarii, story-wise:

Spoiler

Hmmm… Sisters…. (Corpus Liches origins in progress)! - [DE]Steve

On player reliance on external guides/wikis:

Spoiler

Holistically improving the New Player Experience is always something we iterate on, hence why we’ve gone back and revamped the intro tutorial to be more in line with Warframe 2021.

At face value, MMO-lites have a lot to absorb before a player really feels they have their footing. We have added some new screen types (with Corpus Proxima) that allow us to inject critical information which we will use more regularly.

One really great reaction we’ve seen is how the Community has been able to build entire channels around helping out new players in game, you don’t have to look very far before you can find a Vet willing to lend a hand. Not to sound like a cop out, but there’s a lot of games that I only know how to play because someone else showed me. I’ve never read a Magic the Gathering rule book, but someone taught me. I have no idea what I’m doing in another MMO I play but I get there through community. - [DE]Rebecca

On the 3rd Orb:

Spoiler

Honestly nothing set in stone. Scott mentioned we’ve got content in progress for Orb 3, just not ready to show / share yet. But she’ll be free one day. - [DE]Rebecca

Plans for Focus 2.5/3.0:

Spoiler

When/If we do touch it, it’ll have to be around the next time we update Operator content. - [DE]Team

Future plans for the direction of the game:

Spoiler

Our current goals are to hunker down and deliver New War (and later) Duviri Paradox. Both of which I expect will really advance the story and game depth in parallel. I would absolutely consider community 'universe' ideas... though I must say most of our bandwidth problems do tend to come from constraints on time/implementation vs. a lack of ideas... and yes, the art book is long overdue! - [DE]Steve.

Railjack interior decorations:

Spoiler

Definitely - its on the backburner, though, be warned! - [DE]Steve

Hunhow and Tyl Regor having more appearances:

Spoiler

Hunhow will likely have an opinion on the events happening in the New War. Tyl is too focused on his squat regime. - [DE]Geoff

Hah Geoff! Excited for Hunhow's future and to finally get New War out... sorry it's taken so long. - [DE]Steve

Modular Archwing:

Spoiler

We're holding them back a bit, sorry! Not quite finished on the design/UI side and we want to focus on a few other things first - [DE]Steve

We are working on the UI side for the necessary changes that may come with this - [DE]Pablo

Not a certain enough timeline for a Dev Workshop or anything - [DE]Rebecca

Improving regular Fissures:

Spoiler

This thread is indeed great, thanks for sharing! For the immediate future we'll be focused on Void Storms, as a way of bridging the gap between Railjack and older reward systems like Relics. But beyond that, as someone who runs random fissures all the time (admittedly mostly non-endless), I can understand the desire for some of these QOL changes.

I work with the QA side of community reports, so I'll make sure the bugs are logged, and investigate how possible these other requests are. Would especially love to add those planets; will try and find out how possible that would be! - [DE]Connor

Ghoul Saw:

Spoiler

YEAH GEOFF WHERE IS IT? - [DE]Sheldon

Its in the works- SHELDON demanded all work stop on it to focus on the Railjack Update (we had to pull resources from it). But majority of the work is done and expect it in an Update....soon(tm) - [DE]Geoff.

FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT - [DE]Rebecca

Duviri ETA/Steel Path rewards:

Spoiler

ETA for Duviri Paradox?

Not 2021 sadly, no more to say on that!

When will steel path be buffed back to be worth doing?

Do you mean rewards or enemy survivability? - [DE]Rebecca

---

Drop rate of SE we probably won’t touch, but we are going to add more to the shop. - [DE]Rebecca

Railjack goals:

Spoiler

Thanks for saying - technical edge cases are the next thing I want us to resolve... there are fragile parts to how complex the streaming and mission to mission flow works I'm not happy with yet. That's priority! - [DE]Steve

Conclave:

Spoiler

For Conclave. We've collected a lot of feedback on things we could do. But don't have the concrete plan to share with you or a timeframe yet.

Pets:

Spoiler

The last mile on Pets, is going to be:

1. To remove the maintenance completely.

At first that seems easy, but would like to have replacements for those who invested in aspects of the system (upgrade segments) so that those are still relevant. Also - still want to keep the ability to interact with your pet as well, of course.

1. A gear item for commanding. That hasnt started yet.

My guess is we'll get to 1 first and soon(tm). - [DE]Sheldon

Cross-save:

Spoiler

Cross save is a many headed Hydra. We want this just as badly as you do. We’re a Dev team made up of many members playing Warframe across all platforms. Not being able to play Warframe with friends on other platforms is also a reality for us.

We can’t announce anything just yet, but the snowball is starting to form at the top of the peak. Lots to consider before we can deliver! - [DE]Steve

OSTs:

Spoiler

Your wishes have been answered!![https://warframe.bandcamp.com/track/sleeping-in-the-cold-below-from-warframe](https://warframe.bandcamp.com/track/sleeping-in-the-cold-below-from-warframe) Other streaming platforms will be coming online in the next couple of days! We are also working on another full soundtrack release. More details about that to come soon.

- [DE]George

Next Unvaulting:

Spoiler

Next vault announced next week! Expect a rotation very soon. April will see the rotation. - [DE]Marcus

Volt Deluxe:

Spoiler

For Volt Deluxe, there is a design currently in the works! Being worked on by the same artist who did the design for Lavos- expect a first look later this year! - [DE]Geoff

Liches:

Spoiler

We actually did a stats dive on early MR players getting Liches and it actually leads to more engagement and retention. We will still make improvements with our next Lich round, but we have stats that show sweet spots for things.

As for Corpus Queenpins, it’s in our sights for our next major update! They’ll certainly be bringing a special arsenal to the Corpus Proxima, 100%. We definitely want to explore what we can do tactically with Railjack moving forward, Squad Link/Operation Scarlet Spear was our first step in that direction - after the dust has settled from Update 30 we will see what we can do. - [DE]Rebecca

Urban environments:

Spoiler

That would be something to see! I am hoping we can get to a point where we try a larger urban style setting like that. - [DE]Steve

Vala/sea shanty backstory:

Spoiler

We wanted Vala's story to have a unique flavour. As we thought about her quest storyline it occurred to us that a sea shanty might be a really cool thing to do since we are fighting over a 'ghost ship'. Since we've never done anything like this in Warframe (other than 'We All Lift Together' coming close), we thought it would be fun to incorporate Vala's story elements into a song and have it feel inspired by old sea shanties.  So we enlisted the help of Keith Power (who writes a lot of the music for Warframe) to compose the music. Keith then suggested we bring on Alan Doyle, who is a fantastic musician from the East Coast of Canada. Then over the span of about a month we worked on Sleeping In The Cold Below. - [DE]George

Bishamo armor set:

Spoiler

I know this question is coming up. I apologize for the delay as I've been mostly working on the Primes and other goodies for the fans this year. I will try to find some time in between tasks to dedicate time to doing this.  Of course I also want to do a good job and not just simply hack up the meshes for this to work. The opposite gendered versions of the cuirass would need some augmentation to work properly. - [DE]Raymond

Ordis dialogue:

Spoiler

We were waiting until returning to office to record the dialogue lines from the Cephalon Joke-a-Thone Contest, but now since that has taken such a long time we’re seeing if we can get Mike (Voice of Ordis) set-up to record from home! - [DE]Marcus

Sorties:

Spoiler

A large number of Tenno does the Sorties, it is a very successful feature, so that lowers our drive to change it. Best to focus our energy on things that are not working as well. - [DE]Pablo

I should do that Wonder Woman Meme of 'Sorties are good, but they could be better' I guess - [DE]Rebecca

HUD customization:

Spoiler

At some point we had to make a call between investing in making the HUD more customizable or make it perform faster. And we sided with performance. We have recently added some customization by enabling you to change the colors of the HUD There is a chance we will add more customization in the future, but no current plans. - [DE]Pablo

Weapon modding/mandatory mods:

Spoiler

I don't think removing "mandatory" Mods will really help in making build variety more interesting, builds are pretty settled for Crit weapons and non Crit ones. If we removed Serration and Split Chamber, it would just mean two new mods would fill in as the default ones you always put on.

When we finally find the time to focus energy on build variety, I think it will take more than just Mod changes, weapons will need to change to have more distinguishing factors that influence Modding besides Crit and Status. A good example is Internal Bleeding, where now you don't only ask "Does this weapon have high Crit?" but you ask if it has a lot of Impact. Makes the Mod more niche, but adds to build variety. - [DE]Pablo

Kary's Zephyr Deluxe:

Spoiler

Poor Kary- Its a dream of his to be able to finish it, but he is someone on the team whos responsibilities have grown so much that its just that hard for him to find the time. I don't have the heart to take it from him because he's earned the right to try and finish it whenever he can. So I would say not to expect it, but hopefully it might just show up one day. (he will probably see this and squeeze in time to get 5% further on it) - [DE]Geoff

Necramech variety:

Spoiler

Yeah the Mechs have expanded beyond what was originally thought back when we did those 2 designs, so given that I do think adding some more variants is worth it. - [DE]Geoff

Grineer sealab rework:

Its not off the table, but remasters now really are dependent on having a good time allowance and a clear purpose for the crazy amount of work involved in doing the remaster. Last year's Corpus Ship remaster was an example of it being tied together, with the added use of Corpus Railjack this year - [DE]Geoff

Guns 2.0/permanent unvaultings:

Spoiler

It’s still almost too early to tell, but as of right now we would love to swap in other vaulted Primes into the game so Tenno can get their hands on their favourite vaulted Primes sooner.

As for Guns 2.0, we’re working on a Dev Workshop behind the scenes that we should expect to release in the next short while - probably mid May! - [DE]Marcus

Nightwave intermission:

Spoiler

Hard to say when we might be expecting to end the Intermission, we’ve got ambitions for the next few months and delivering a satisfying Nightwave Act with regards to Lore and rewards needs a fine touch.

Riven Disposition cadence:

Spoiler

Our cadence of disposition changes every three months is to sync up with Prime Access console builds, and ensure all platforms get changes at the same time. PC and console builds rarely sync up otherwise, and when they do (like for Update 30!) it's at an inconsistent interval, and we prefer predictability so everyone is on equal footing. Even a few hours headstart on balance information is enough time for in-the-know players to exploit less informed buyers.

This period of up to three months also gives us the chance to judge a weapon's strength after the initial hype has died down, since all new weapons will spike in usage for the first few weeks.

We're sorry if this timeline isn't ideal, but we're doing our best with the constraints of our development cycle! - [DE]Connor

16 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Better yet. Include the wiki link ingame

almost certainly legal issues would prevent that.

But they could create a forum here with suggested text that DE could then cut and paste into the game after a quick vetting by DE staff, and the same people who create the wiki would no doubt create the in-game text too.

13 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Reveal hidden contents

On Affinity gains balancing:

Reveal hidden contents

Through the years we have had many different "BEST Affinity FARM OMGBBQ" spots. Some of the most famous ones were Corpus, never forget Viver, or please do.
Overall I feel affinity is pretty easy to get, most players just get it as they do regular missions. And those that want to do 3 Formas in an hour, will always find a node that is "the best" and go there or to Sanctuary Onslaught, so I don't feel there is much drive for us to change since it will just settle in a new node.
That being said I do think there's things that are worth looking into, not sure when, but Plexus and Amps come to mind. - [DE]Pablo

Expanding Stalker's story:

Reveal hidden contents

Geoff's giving me the stink-eye... so no? (yes) - [DE]Steve

Adding "Mastered" icon to relic selection:

Reveal hidden contents

We have wanted to do this, but it is much more complicated to do than you'd expect due to how the data is structured. It is definitely something we want to do, but it is an elephant of a change, not sure when we can start taking bites at it. - [DE]Pablo

What's after Call of the Tempestarii, story-wise:

Reveal hidden contents

Hmmm… Sisters…. (Corpus Liches origins in progress)! - [DE]Steve

On player reliance on external guides/wikis:

Reveal hidden contents

Holistically improving the New Player Experience is always something we iterate on, hence why we’ve gone back and revamped the intro tutorial to be more in line with Warframe 2021.

At face value, MMO-lites have a lot to absorb before a player really feels they have their footing. We have added some new screen types (with Corpus Proxima) that allow us to inject critical information which we will use more regularly.

One really great reaction we’ve seen is how the Community has been able to build entire channels around helping out new players in game, you don’t have to look very far before you can find a Vet willing to lend a hand. Not to sound like a cop out, but there’s a lot of games that I only know how to play because someone else showed me. I’ve never read a Magic the Gathering rule book, but someone taught me. I have no idea what I’m doing in another MMO I play but I get there through community. - [DE]Rebecca

On the 3rd Orb:

Reveal hidden contents

Honestly nothing set in stone. Scott mentioned we’ve got content in progress for Orb 3, just not ready to show / share yet. But she’ll be free one day. - [DE]Rebecca

Plans for Focus 2.5/3.0:

Reveal hidden contents

When/If we do touch it, it’ll have to be around the next time we update Operator content. - [DE]Team

Future plans for the direction of the game:

Reveal hidden contents

Our current goals are to hunker down and deliver New War (and later) Duviri Paradox. Both of which I expect will really advance the story and game depth in parallel. I would absolutely consider community 'universe' ideas... though I must say most of our bandwidth problems do tend to come from constraints on time/implementation vs. a lack of ideas... and yes, the art book is long overdue! - [DE]Steve.

Railjack interior decorations:

Reveal hidden contents

Definitely - its on the backburner, though, be warned! - [DE]Steve

Hunhow and Tyl Regor having more appearances:

Reveal hidden contents

Hunhow will likely have an opinion on the events happening in the New War. Tyl is too focused on his squat regime. - [DE]Geoff

Hah Geoff! Excited for Hunhow's future and to finally get New War out... sorry it's taken so long. - [DE]Steve

Modular Archwing:

Reveal hidden contents

We're holding them back a bit, sorry! Not quite finished on the design/UI side and we want to focus on a few other things first - [DE]Steve

We are working on the UI side for the necessary changes that may come with this - [DE]Pablo

Not a certain enough timeline for a Dev Workshop or anything - [DE]Rebecca

Improving regular Fissures:

Reveal hidden contents

This thread is indeed great, thanks for sharing! For the immediate future we'll be focused on Void Storms, as a way of bridging the gap between Railjack and older reward systems like Relics. But beyond that, as someone who runs random fissures all the time (admittedly mostly non-endless), I can understand the desire for some of these QOL changes.

I work with the QA side of community reports, so I'll make sure the bugs are logged, and investigate how possible these other requests are. Would especially love to add those planets; will try and find out how possible that would be! - [DE]Connor

Ghoul Saw:

Reveal hidden contents

YEAH GEOFF WHERE IS IT? - [DE]Sheldon

Its in the works- SHELDON demanded all work stop on it to focus on the Railjack Update (we had to pull resources from it). But majority of the work is done and expect it in an Update....soon(tm) - [DE]Geoff.

FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT - [DE]Rebecca

Duviri ETA/Steel Path rewards:

Reveal hidden contents

ETA for Duviri Paradox?

Not 2021 sadly, no more to say on that!

When will steel path be buffed back to be worth doing?

Do you mean rewards or enemy survivability? - [DE]Rebecca

---

Drop rate of SE we probably won’t touch, but we are going to add more to the shop. - [DE]Rebecca

Railjack goals:

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks for saying - technical edge cases are the next thing I want us to resolve... there are fragile parts to how complex the streaming and mission to mission flow works I'm not happy with yet. That's priority! - [DE]Steve

Conclave:

Reveal hidden contents

For Conclave. We've collected a lot of feedback on things we could do. But don't have the concrete plan to share with you or a timeframe yet.

Pets:

Reveal hidden contents

The last mile on Pets, is going to be:

1. To remove the maintenance completely.

At first that seems easy, but would like to have replacements for those who invested in aspects of the system (upgrade segments) so that those are still relevant. Also - still want to keep the ability to interact with your pet as well, of course.

1. A gear item for commanding. That hasnt started yet.

My guess is we'll get to 1 first and soon(tm). - [DE]Sheldon

Cross-save:

Reveal hidden contents

Cross save is a many headed Hydra. We want this just as badly as you do. We’re a Dev team made up of many members playing Warframe across all platforms. Not being able to play Warframe with friends on other platforms is also a reality for us.

We can’t announce anything just yet, but the snowball is starting to form at the top of the peak. Lots to consider before we can deliver! - [DE]Steve

OSTs:

Reveal hidden contents

Your wishes have been answered!![https://warframe.bandcamp.com/track/sleeping-in-the-cold-below-from-warframe](https://warframe.bandcamp.com/track/sleeping-in-the-cold-below-from-warframe) Other streaming platforms will be coming online in the next couple of days! We are also working on another full soundtrack release. More details about that to come soon.

- [DE]George

Next Unvaulting:

Reveal hidden contents

Next vault announced next week! Expect a rotation very soon. April will see the rotation. - [DE]Marcus

Volt Deluxe:

Reveal hidden contents

For Volt Deluxe, there is a design currently in the works! Being worked on by the same artist who did the design for Lavos- expect a first look later this year! - [DE]Geoff

Liches:

Reveal hidden contents

We actually did a stats dive on early MR players getting Liches and it actually leads to more engagement and retention. We will still make improvements with our next Lich round, but we have stats that show sweet spots for things.

As for Corpus Queenpins, it’s in our sights for our next major update! They’ll certainly be bringing a special arsenal to the Corpus Proxima, 100%. We definitely want to explore what we can do tactically with Railjack moving forward, Squad Link/Operation Scarlet Spear was our first step in that direction - after the dust has settled from Update 30 we will see what we can do. - [DE]Rebecca

Urban environments:

Reveal hidden contents

That would be something to see! I am hoping we can get to a point where we try a larger urban style setting like that. - [DE]Steve

Vala/sea shanty backstory:

Reveal hidden contents

We wanted Vala's story to have a unique flavour. As we thought about her quest storyline it occurred to us that a sea shanty might be a really cool thing to do since we are fighting over a 'ghost ship'. Since we've never done anything like this in Warframe (other than 'We All Lift Together' coming close), we thought it would be fun to incorporate Vala's story elements into a song and have it feel inspired by old sea shanties.  So we enlisted the help of Keith Power (who writes a lot of the music for Warframe) to compose the music. Keith then suggested we bring on Alan Doyle, who is a fantastic musician from the East Coast of Canada. Then over the span of about a month we worked on Sleeping In The Cold Below. - [DE]George

Bishamo armor set:

Reveal hidden contents

I know this question is coming up. I apologize for the delay as I've been mostly working on the Primes and other goodies for the fans this year. I will try to find some time in between tasks to dedicate time to doing this.  Of course I also want to do a good job and not just simply hack up the meshes for this to work. The opposite gendered versions of the cuirass would need some augmentation to work properly. - [DE]Raymond

Ordis dialogue:

Reveal hidden contents

We were waiting until returning to office to record the dialogue lines from the Cephalon Joke-a-Thone Contest, but now since that has taken such a long time we’re seeing if we can get Mike (Voice of Ordis) set-up to record from home! - [DE]Marcus

Sorties:

Reveal hidden contents

A large number of Tenno does the Sorties, it is a very successful feature, so that lowers our drive to change it. Best to focus our energy on things that are not working as well. - [DE]Pablo

I should do that Wonder Woman Meme of 'Sorties are good, but they could be better' I guess - [DE]Rebecca

HUD customization:

Reveal hidden contents

At some point we had to make a call between investing in making the HUD more customizable or make it perform faster. And we sided with performance. We have recently added some customization by enabling you to change the colors of the HUD There is a chance we will add more customization in the future, but no current plans. - [DE]Pablo

Weapon modding/mandatory mods:

Reveal hidden contents

I don't think removing "mandatory" Mods will really help in making build variety more interesting, builds are pretty settled for Crit weapons and non Crit ones. If we removed Serration and Split Chamber, it would just mean two new mods would fill in as the default ones you always put on.

When we finally find the time to focus energy on build variety, I think it will take more than just Mod changes, weapons will need to change to have more distinguishing factors that influence Modding besides Crit and Status. A good example is Internal Bleeding, where now you don't only ask "Does this weapon have high Crit?" but you ask if it has a lot of Impact. Makes the Mod more niche, but adds to build variety. - [DE]Pablo

Kary's Zephyr Deluxe:

Reveal hidden contents

Poor Kary- Its a dream of his to be able to finish it, but he is someone on the team whos responsibilities have grown so much that its just that hard for him to find the time. I don't have the heart to take it from him because he's earned the right to try and finish it whenever he can. So I would say not to expect it, but hopefully it might just show up one day. (he will probably see this and squeeze in time to get 5% further on it) - [DE]Geoff

Necramech variety:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah the Mechs have expanded beyond what was originally thought back when we did those 2 designs, so given that I do think adding some more variants is worth it. - [DE]Geoff

Grineer sealab rework:

Guns 2.0/permanent unvaultings:

Reveal hidden contents

It’s still almost too early to tell, but as of right now we would love to swap in other vaulted Primes into the game so Tenno can get their hands on their favourite vaulted Primes sooner.

As for Guns 2.0, we’re working on a Dev Workshop behind the scenes that we should expect to release in the next short while - probably mid May! - [DE]Marcus

Nightwave intermission:

Reveal hidden contents

Hard to say when we might be expecting to end the Intermission, we’ve got ambitions for the next few months and delivering a satisfying Nightwave Act with regards to Lore and rewards needs a fine touch.

Riven Disposition cadence:

Reveal hidden contents

Our cadence of disposition changes every three months is to sync up with Prime Access console builds, and ensure all platforms get changes at the same time. PC and console builds rarely sync up otherwise, and when they do (like for Update 30!) it's at an inconsistent interval, and we prefer predictability so everyone is on equal footing. Even a few hours headstart on balance information is enough time for in-the-know players to exploit less informed buyers.

This period of up to three months also gives us the chance to judge a weapon's strength after the initial hype has died down, since all new weapons will spike in usage for the first few weeks.

We're sorry if this timeline isn't ideal, but we're doing our best with the constraints of our development cycle! - [DE]Connor

Thank you, god bless.

As for the subject matter of the tooltips, that person did in fact more than just present their subjective opinion, as they cited evidence that you would be able to verify independently if you wanted to do so, instead of just taking a PR person on their word on what is ultimately just a marketing piece. That you may personally feel otherwise does not automatically make the point moot. I would hope that we're all generally literate enough about how companies work to know that Reb was not going to deliberately represent the company she works for in a manner that would put them in a bad light, which is why she put a positive spin on even the most evident criticism. 

Case in point: Warframe doing a notoriously poor job of conveying information to players and relying on the community to do the work for them, a community DE have even tried to suppress in the past when they delivered information the company didn't want to bring to light (i.e. drop tables with exact percentages). While it is true that many other games, including far larger ones, do the same (League of Legends comes to mind), that does not justify or excuse that kind of negligence, and to cite a genre of video games that demonstrably do a better job of informing the player as a means of justification is itself ignorant at best, and disingenuous at worst.

TL;DR: A PR person doing PR work on her company's behalf says only good things about the company and product she represents, even if the things in reality are not in fact always good. Shocker.

Archived