Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For those unaware: DE did an AMA on Reddit

Jarriaga

23 hours ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

I’m just calling out her response as being disingenuous. She’s comparing Warframe to a game that puts a lot of effort into in-game tool tips. And it is nice having the tool tips pop up rather than having to use google. It just saves time.

Not necessarily disingenuous.  Most companies don't want to let the outside world know their cost habits either.

I can promise you.  In game tool tips cost a lot more than doing a wiki page/update or letting some streamer create content for hits.

1 minute ago, OneYenShort said:

Not necessarily disingenuous.  Most companies don't want to let the outside world know their cost habits either.

I can promise you.  In game tool tips cost a lot more than doing a wiki page/update or letting some streamer create content for hits.

I read Reb's post and I didn't read what Madurai_Prime read from it, or what a lot of others read from it either. I think it shows how important it is to read the base source, because to me it was a way more nuanced response. 

What I got from it was: To summarize/paraphrase Rebeccca "All MMO style games have a lot of stuff to learn, and struggle to teach players, but we are constantly trying to improve with new tooltips and stuff ourselves in WF. In the meantime, check out the Warframe community's resources, they are great, and similar resources have helped me get through other games as well!". 

It wasn't really a "screw you for wanting tutorials", or a "just read the wiki". 

It was more like a statement about how all games of this genre have this struggle, they are working on making it better in game, and in the meantime read the wiki because it's an incredible resource. Don't understand how her answer was taken as so bloody controversial. It's like people want to make hay out of nothing whatsoever. 

On 2021-04-16 at 3:13 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

I read Reb's post and I didn't read what Madurai_Prime read from it, or what a lot of others read from it either. I think it shows how important it is to read the base source, because to me it was a way more nuanced response. 

What I got from it was: To summarize/paraphrase Rebeccca "All MMO style games have a lot of stuff to learn, and struggle to teach players, but we are constantly trying to improve with new tooltips and stuff ourselves in WF. In the meantime, check out the Warframe community's resources, they are great, and similar resources have helped me get through other games as well!". 

It wasn't really a "screw you for wanting tutorials", or a "just read the wiki". 

It was more like a statement about how all games of this genre have this struggle, they are working on making it better in game, and in the meantime read the wiki because it's an incredible resource. Don't understand how her answer was taken as so bloody controversial. It's like people want to make hay out of nothing whatsoever. 

I agree that it shouldn’t be controversial; it’s really not that big of a deal, but Zim’s prodding at me made it into a “big deal” in this thread. Again, I just wanted to tell the other guy he was wrong. She didn’t “put anyone in their place”.

I think Teridax summed it up very well in his post above. She’s a PR person saying PR person things.

On 2021-04-15 at 10:44 AM, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Then it’s just a crazy comparison on Reb’s part.

Sure, FF14 is a very complex game where you might need community help sometimes, but FF14 still puts a tremendous amount of effort into explaining things in game, whereas Warframe puts in almost zero effort. The fact that she’s comparing the two is insane to me.

Clearly the most important thing between Warframe and FFXIV is not enough catbois in Warframe.

I'd like to point out that most in-game screens for features that aren't inherently intuitive (such as modding) do feature a little tutorial button that goes into some detail about the system in question, and there are also tutorials in the in-game codex. There are even tips for individual Warframes on their ability screens that explain some of the less obvious traits of the powers.

Coupled with various early quests either drawing your attention to certain systems or outright requiring you to engage with them (Saya's Vigil requires you to be able to equip items on your gear wheel, for instance), I'm not really sure how much more DE could do to tutorialise the game without becoming egregiously hand-holdy.

Could the tips and tutorials be a little more prominent? Certainly. But acting like there's no in-game help at all is straight up incorrect.

Who knows, maybe I have a biased perspective, seeing as I started playing back when there really were no tutorials beyond basic controls, and I managed just fine without the wiki.

On 2021-04-15 at 11:31 PM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

that you go 3rd party for real communications?

That's how basically all game companies do it, especially for game as a service games. You would be totally entitled to know why, but who knows. Maybe there is a nice echo chamber in there?

15 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Sorry about that. I read what you read. I was just content that we got an official response, meaning people can relax and take a break from using the excuse to not learn.

We now currently have QnA chat, personal PMs (plenty of players willing to help), even region helps people, clans on recruit asking for new players to help, the wiki, the forums, youtube, and even twitch and social media, in game tutorials and info, aaaand then we have human intuition and intelligence and a couple buttons......there's no excuse for people to not know enough to make it from Vors Prize all the way to Arbitrations.....the issue is, it's an online game and people want to magically learn it all in a week and that's not physically possible. 

Archived