Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My idea for a Gauss' deluxe: Gauss Keplero

edwino22

Beautiful concept ! I like the fact you shaped him, so its body comes out very clearly ^^ . It makes him look like a male, in a much better way than the original one in my opinion ^^ (I have always had a problem to determin if the original shape was male or female XD)

Splendid cuvres and technological details ! Bravo !

2 minutes ago, Molgatarr said:

Beautiful concept ! I like the fact you shaped him, so its body comes out very clearly ^^ . It makes him look like a male, in a much better way than the original one in my opinion ^^ (I have always had a problem to determin if the original shape was male or female XD)

Splendid cuvres and technological details ! Bravo !

Thank you a lot!! In one of my first sketches he had even more muscles on his legs, i toned them down a bit tho lol

is this how certain skins can have a possibility of becoming part of the game is it the only way? i have had ideas and seen that there are a good amount of skins that i have come to love and most are made by individuals who play warframe i believe so is this how it comes to having a chance to possibly get a skin added?!

Frankly I'd rather see the tail be implemented as a syandana instead of just being part of the skin - that'd be both more consistent with other Deluxe skins and would be a neat syandana option to basically put a tail on any Warframe a player wants instead of just this one.

I was initially going to critique its Redline changes for not being a dramatic enough change but after switching between the two (and even discounting the tail) it actually does seem decent as-is.

Overall I think the only thing I really don't like about it is the floating ribbon bits at the ends of the forearms and shoulders:

gItfj4k.png

In most cases I've seen where parts of a warframe hover independent of their main body there's usually an effect or energy that accompanies them that 'explains' how they stay attached (i.e. Mag Pneuma's arms visibly generate a magnetic field.) In this case I think it'd be too distracting to have energy show up here, and overall Gauss' general style tilts heavily towards the physical/mechanical/concrete rather than ethereal. Probably the fastest way I'd change/fix that is to just make them contiguous by putting a small bit of glass in the gap. The way the shoulder bits just sort of 'straighten out' when he's redlining makes me wonder what they're meant to be made out of?

But that aside, I give it a 9/10. Would absolutely use this skin if it was made available, even if it wasn't tweaked at all. Because honestly, it offers the one true thing I want from a gauss skin and that's an option to remove the weird metal skirt things he has.

23 hours ago, -Bluhman- said:

Frankly I'd rather see the tail be implemented as a syandana instead of just being part of the skin - that'd be both more consistent with other Deluxe skins and would be a neat syandana option to basically put a tail on any Warframe a player wants instead of just this one.

I was initially going to critique its Redline changes for not being a dramatic enough change but after switching between the two (and even discounting the tail) it actually does seem decent as-is.

Overall I think the only thing I really don't like about it is the floating ribbon bits at the ends of the forearms and shoulders:

gItfj4k.png

In most cases I've seen where parts of a warframe hover independent of their main body there's usually an effect or energy that accompanies them that 'explains' how they stay attached (i.e. Mag Pneuma's arms visibly generate a magnetic field.) In this case I think it'd be too distracting to have energy show up here, and overall Gauss' general style tilts heavily towards the physical/mechanical/concrete rather than ethereal. Probably the fastest way I'd change/fix that is to just make them contiguous by putting a small bit of glass in the gap. The way the shoulder bits just sort of 'straighten out' when he's redlining makes me wonder what they're meant to be made out of?

But that aside, I give it a 9/10. Would absolutely use this skin if it was made available, even if it wasn't tweaked at all. Because honestly, it offers the one true thing I want from a gauss skin and that's an option to remove the weird metal skirt things he has.

Thank you for the feedback! I'd like to answer some of your concerns:

When the idea for this skin first came to mind I imagined "what if Gauss was more organic rather than mechanical", so I pitched this design, the "ribbons" are almost like his tendons and they straighten when he goes in redline as if Gauss' pushing his limits etc.  Now reguarding the floating, I don't know if it's understandable but all the parts that "move" when redline is active are supposed to start floating (except for the piece on the back of the head). I made this to play a bit on the idea of highly technological implants on gauss' organic body.

The tail makes a play on the organic theme as well (although it's made of energy), I imagine him using it like a cheetah for steering, balance etc.

Hope this all makes sense, I don't know if I did a good job of explaining my ideas (english is not my first language) :V

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's just so sleek smooth and aerodynamic looking it's so awesome!

It's simple and not an over the top busy design like for example Zephyr harrier.

Maybe the tail might be the confusing part for me, but that can be remedied, it should be his extra auxiliary accessory like Chroma's deluxe wings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived