The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Xbox Matchmaking fix/work around after update 30.x.x

(XBOX)iZapThings

I was able to fix the matchmaking problem with my Xbox(I have 3 in my house and all 3 had the same problem. All are different versions of an Xbox.) I was not able to join any squads as it showed 0 squads open on every node in the star chart, join friends playing Warframe, or see anyone on my friends list using the in game menus. Turns out is was a networking problem on my end. I disabled IPv6 in my router and that fix all matchmaking and friends list problems.

On your Xbox: If you go to Setting > General > Network settings > under Current network status and see IPv4 & IPv6  that might be the cause.

If your Internet Provider does not assign your router/modem an IPv6 address, you will get DNS look failed error in Warframe(use the Analyze Network found in the games options menu under Gameplay to see if you get this error.)

Turning off IPv6 option found under Options > Chat > IPv6   will not fix the problem because if you turn it off and Confirm settings, then return to the that option, it will be turned back on by default.

16 hours ago, (XBOX)lI Cris Il said:

can something bad happen if i disable ipv6?

It is really unlikely that it will cause any issues, and it can easily be reversed if you run into some problems. The only problem is that many routers cannot disable ipv6, for example I am using a netgear device that unfortunatley does not allow disabling of ipv6 (some routers inherit their ipv6 settings from the ISP and can't be changed directly by you). 

Archived