Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you feel old? I definitely feel old.....

Blaudari

Was chatting in the warframe region chat & somehow arrived at how old Warframe is. Decided to check my account creation finding out i made it in 2013 & its 2021 now.......

Back around 2013 - 2014, in order to use Warframe abilities, we had to "MOD" their abilities into our warframe. We couldn't have the builds we have now not to mention the max capacity for mod slots were 6 & not 8. there was also no Aura mod slots so there was barely anything to do.

Warframes also had a stamina bar & fluid running animation when wallrunning. it was so cool but as DE Said, they had to remove it because players got caught on the tiniest bumps on the walls. I miss those times because i genuinely felt like a Space Ninja.

I remember when Captain Vor looked like every other grineer grunt. He didn't have his looks today, there was no quest with him. He was just a boss on mercury, Thats another thing, Mercury was the starting planet for Warframe. Man how time flies, Warframe has come a long way.

What do you remember back then in 2013 - 2015 that was in warframe? I know there's backers & founders who played around 2010 or such. I wasn't around to play the game then.

I remember playing 1st edition Pong on a TV that had to be tuned by hand, with no 'clicks' for specific channels...

Does that count?

This is why WF is much more like childhood dreams come to life from a person like me...and why so very many players of WF make me feel old by thinking 2013 was "a long time ago"...

1 minute ago, Zimzala said:

I remember playing 1st edition Pong on a TV that had to be tuned by hand, with no 'clicks' for specific channels...

Does that count?

This is why WF is much more like childhood dreams come to life from a person like me...and why so very many players of WF make me feel old by thinking 2013 was "a long time ago"...

idk hahaha sorry

3 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

Does that count?

Its a childhood dream come true for a person like you because a person like you is satisfied with pong that you had to tune by hand? Sorry it isn't 1980s anymore I guess?

Armor ignore was meta and everyone ran Acrids to kill bosses faster after Uranus. And me being a Latron fan had to shoot a DMR that had 13% crit chance and 30 damage

Edit: But hey, bought my Latron complete for 25k credits before the update that added blueprints in the game lol

I remember when Spy missions just had you hacking 4 random consoles around the map, and carrying a datamass to extraction.
Exterminate missions contained only exactly the number of enemies to kill, so if one of them glitched out of the map or something, and you didn't have any way to kill them deep within walls, you were completely SOL.
Deception missions where you just dunked a datamass in a random console, only to just immediately run away (those missions were always just one big "why?")
Specter loadouts (and certain missions) had limits on your conclave rating, even though you never played the conclave.
Abilities were mods that you could optionally not equip, meaning you could have a level 0 warframe with their 4th ability unlocked and at max power.

Just now, --F--NerevarCM said:

Armor ignore was meta and everyone ran Acrids to kill bosses faster after Uranus. And me being a Latron fan had to shoot a DMR that had 13% crit chance and 30 damage

Never knew that, looking at warframe now, damn.....things have changed.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

I remember when Spy missions just had you hacking 4 random consoles around the map, and carrying a datamass to extraction.
Exterminate missions contained only exactly the number of enemies to kill, so if one of them glitched out of the map or something, and you didn't have any way to kill them deep within walls, you were completely SOL.
Deception missions where you just dunked a datamass in a random console, only to just immediately run away (those missions were always just one big "why?")
Specter loadouts (and certain missions) had limits on your conclave rating, even though you never played the conclave.
Abilities were mods that you could optionally not equip, meaning you could have a level 0 warframe with their 4th ability unlocked and at max power.

now that you went into detail about abilities being mods, yeah, forgot that was a thing. Whatever happen to Deception?

3 minutes ago, Blaudari said:

now that you went into detail about abilities being mods, yeah, forgot that was a thing. Whatever happen to Deception?

Deception was largely deleted.  Technically it still exists, but only as part of certain sabotage missions.  The original standalone deception mission had you deliver a datamass to a console, and then leave.  I suspect it was seen as largely a pointless mission since you didn't really do anything.  Just drop it in and leave.  No hacking, no required killing, no defending, nothing.  But some sabotage missions still include delivering a datamass to a console, which I guess unlocks the reactor.  However this is only on Grineer tilesets, specifically the shipyard and desert outpost ones.  Lotus will say that we're looking for the mainframe in Corpus outpost tiles, but you're not.  You just go immediately to the reactor.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

Deception was largely deleted.  Technically it still exists, but only as part of certain sabotage missions.  The original standalone deception mission had you deliver a datamass to a console, and then leave.  I suspect it was seen as largely a pointless mission since you didn't really do anything.  Just drop it in and leave.  No hacking, no required killing, no defending, nothing.  But some sabotage missions still include delivering a datamass to a console, which I guess unlocks the reactor.  However this is only on Grineer tilesets, specifically the shipyard and desert outpost ones.  Lotus will say that we're looking for the mainframe in Corpus outpost tiles, but you're not.  You just go immediately to the reactor.

Ah okay. Always wondered what happen, thank you.

Was 2013... me and some friend just started to play warframe, none of us know nothing about the game and at that time was just started the open beta... 

I remember the first time we saw infested mission... the monstruosities running to us, and we scared that arrampicate (no double jump that time) on a big grineer crates in the asteroid map.

That time enemies were dumber than now (yes is possible) and the infested just stopped under the crates looking to us (they hadn't the ability to jump or throw anyting at that time). 

With our unranked and unmodded weapons was difficult to kill those really strong enemies XD

1 minute ago, MollAgdeduba said:

Was 2013... me and some friend just started to play warframe, none of us know nothing about the game... 

I remember the first time we saw infested mission... the monstruosities running to us, and we scared that arrampicate (no double jump that time) on a big grineer crates in the asteroid map.

That time enemies were dumber than now (yes is possible) and the infested just stopped under the crates looking to us (they hadn't the ability to jump or throw anyting at that time). 

With our unranked and unmodded weapons was difficult to kill those really strong enemies XD

Damn, i remember that. I was also scared of the infested especially with how the music was back then.

46 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

Does that count?

Lol I was about to post something very similar. So yeah. I after this post I feel REALLY REALLY OLD.

9 minutes ago, Blaudari said:

Damn, i remember that. I was also scared of the infested especially with how the music was back then.

I remember getting 'surround sound' in Diablo and jumping out of my chair when something growled behind me...

3 minutes ago, Void_Ocelot said:

Lol I was about to post something very similar. So yeah. I after this post I feel REALLY REALLY OLD.

Yeah, when most of the people making the games I play were born after I started playing games...yeah...

2 hours ago, trunks013 said:

Loki was a starter frame and i also paid plat for revives XD

Just to put in perspective i also paid 1$ to get an entrance at the theater when i was a kid but i'm only in my 30 ies ^.^ 

i feel very old 

I miss dollar theaters

And back THEN, I was hooked. This is why it perplexes me when people talk about how "bad" Warframe has gotten. 

My mind would've been absolutely blown if I got a sneak peak at what we have today.  If you really stand back and look at it all, it's pretty amazing for that little game I downloaded years ago. It's the same game, just with a lot .. MORE. 

Archived