Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you feel old? I definitely feel old.....

Blaudari

7 minutes ago, _Tormex_ said:

I miss dollar theaters

There was a place in New Orleans when I lived there that had a 'dollar mega theatre', complete with all the wonderful, great tasting, terrible for you food the city has to offer, just as cheap...that was awesome...

8 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

And back THEN, I was hooked. This is why it perplexes me when people talk about how "bad" Warframe has gotten. 

My mind would've been absolutely blown if I got a sneak peak at what we have today.  If you really stand back and look at it all, it's pretty amazing for that little game I downloaded years ago. It's the same game, just with a lot .. MORE. 

Entitlement is a b**** lol

11 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

And back THEN, I was hooked. This is why it perplexes me when people talk about how "bad" Warframe has gotten. 

My mind would've been absolutely blown if I got a sneak peak at what we have today.  If you really stand back and look at it all, it's pretty amazing for that little game I downloaded years ago. It's the same game, just with a lot .. MORE. 

If you had been a time traveler and told me back when WF was young that we would have all this mind blowing space stuff right now, I would have been more likely to believe your predictions about real life flying cars.

WF today is a banquet of amazing content, people are just jaded. 

17 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

A lot more of pressing E and not a whole lot else.

The thing about WF back then was the difficulty and complexity combined to make a game where you actually had to... work hard to get top results, have proper team compositions, bring CC and actually use game mechanics and so on.

Now? There's a lot of stuff. And none of it is worth spending time in once you got the... whatever the mastery fodder that you're aiming to get there. And its always so easy so dumbed down.... So "eh"

There's a lot of content but it all falls at the fact that the basic game mechanics are so whack right now that you can literally just point in a general direction and spam E

4 minutes ago, Alucard291 said:

A lot more of pressing E and not a whole lot else.

The thing about WF back then was the difficulty and complexity combined to make a game where you actually had to... work hard to get top results, have proper team compositions, bring CC and actually use game mechanics and so on.

Now? There's a lot of stuff. And none of it is worth spending time in once you got the... whatever the mastery fodder that you're aiming to get there. And its always so easy so dumbed down.... So "eh"

On one hand i see what you're saying- on the other hand, as a vet, i also have maxed arcanes, umbra forma, all of the rarest mods, etc. I expect the game to be a bit easier compared to when i first started. DE intentionally wants players to feel their power grow with each advancement. Thats why we dont have "+10% damage" mods like in other games.

But this game can still provide a challenge in SP if you dont INSIST on using a frame that allows you to bypass content. Even back then, Loki made the game trivial. Thats why i never liked that frame. 

12 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

On one hand i see what you're saying- on the other hand, as a vet, i also have maxed arcanes, umbra forma, all of the rarest mods, etc. I expect the game to be a bit easier compared to when i first started. 

But this game can still provide a challenge in SP if you dont INSIST on using a frame that allows you to bypass content. Even back then, Loki made the game trivial. Thats why i never liked that frame. 

No you see I hear ya. But I disagree. I think in a good game having these things (a vet here too) should open more avenues and more... different sections of the game. It shouldn't necesserily make the game easier.

Someone a while back made a very good comparison of WF to pokemon. I wish I had saved it back then but in short it goes something like this:

You know in Pokemon, the second Gym master is Misty? Well we got enough content difficulty to hit Misty level. However we as players can go and grind up our pokemon all the way to max level, get ALL the pokemon in the game and have access to all the items, skills boosters etc. You should be challenging Giovanni.... But we're still there... At Misty. Then they added Steel Path which was the same Misty but with a small-ish level boost. So now she's like... Misty but 20 levels higher. And yet your team...

Anyway you get what I mean.

Conversely I haven't used frames for their destructive abilities or stealth (except in ESO and Spy cos u know how it is) for ages. I'll take some invulnerability please. And just in case something might hurt me, I'll take double invulnerability just to be sure... All the frame is for these days is to carry a melee weapon...

3 hours ago, Blaudari said:

We couldn't have the builds we have now not to mention the max capacity for mod slots were 6 & not 8.

Wasn't it 10 slots on frames? They lopped 2 off when they made abilities innate. I guess it was 6 if you used every ability.

Actually, Auras existed before they made abilities innate so it was really 11, then down to 9.

On 2021-04-15 at 8:39 PM, Zimzala said:

I remember playing 1st edition Pong on a TV that had to be tuned by hand, with no 'clicks' for specific channels...

Does that count?

This is why WF is much more like childhood dreams come to life from a person like me...and why so very many players of WF make me feel old by thinking 2013 was "a long time ago"...

You had a TV? Luxury!

We had to stare at a square cardboard box and imagine seeing things  :/

back then it was a little scary playing warframe because sometimes the tileset has no lights/ or when you destroy the reactor the ambience was much better it was like playing dead space or resident evil specially grinner death scream/ dismemberment and there glowing eyes back then. It was an awesome 1st time experience also you feel like god back then volt 4th ability is an entire map cleaner not just one room if you mod it right.

I found some old vids what warframe was before.

I dunno I think I like light/shadow more back then compare to now with certain tilesets.

Archived