Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PC: TennoGuard 2FA!

[DE]Danielle

Greetings Tenno!

As many of you know, Warframe uses a Two-Factor Authentication system (2FA) to help provide account security for our PC Tenno. In an effort to help people better find help documents and report issues, we are giving this system a name:

TennoGuard 2FA!

ASSET - SM - TennoGuard 2FA Announcement_V2.jpg

The base benefits (such as the Fae Path Ephemera) and process are the same as the previous, unnamed system - the details of which can be found on this support page: https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028551411-Warframe-Two-Factor-Authentication-FAQ

If you have any issues with TennoGuard 2FA, you will find a convenient button on our support pages to help you navigate to the appropriate area. Remember, TennoGuard 2FA is required for PC players wishing to use the in-game trading system, so sign up and protect your account, Tenno!

For information on how Console Players can protect their accounts, please visit the following thread:

So one of the two factors is your Warframe login credentials ("something you know"), whereas the other one is access to your email... which in itself relies on your email credentials ("something you know"), and optionally a 2FA system for that account - e.g. an authenticator token/app thing ("something you have"), or some manner of biometric authentication ("something you are").

As such, does it really count as 2FA if you can't guarantee that "something you know" isn't the only authenticating factor?

3 hours ago, Arsonistic said:

2FA is 2FA. Adding some BS to the name is pointless complication for no good reason..

There is a reason, to provide better support. Because of providing support to players with xbox 2fa, playstation 2fa, switch 2fa, twitch 2fa, steam 2fa, epic 2fa, not to mention any other 2fa that belongs to localized service providers (such as the online services in China), it stands to reason that having the name will just make it clearer for making explanations to Tenno in need.

4 hours ago, Durhon said:

having to wait for an e-mail everytime I play is a hassle.

Every time? Is that normal? I only needed to activate two factor authentication for my PC just once. If you need to practice 2FA every time you log into Warframe, is something wrong?

1 hour ago, LillyRaccune said:

Every time? Is that normal? I only needed to activate two factor authentication for my PC just once. If you need to practice 2FA every time you log into Warframe, is something wrong?

Some people have trouble since the 2FA stores in a local file, using something like GeForce now won't save those files apparently

1 hour ago, LillyRaccune said:

Like vanaukas said it's cause I use Geforce Now which is a Cloud Gaming service, and since it's almost always booting up a different rig for a new session it detects it as a new machine. 

On 2021-04-15 at 8:59 PM, Quarterdane said:

So one of the two factors is your Warframe login credentials ("something you know"), whereas the other one is access to your email... which in itself relies on your email credentials ("something you know"), and optionally a 2FA system for that account - e.g. an authenticator token/app thing ("something you have"), or some manner of biometric authentication ("something you are").

As such, does it really count as 2FA if you can't guarantee that "something you know" isn't the only authenticating factor?

100% this. Don't go rebranding a "2FA" system that you hadn't even fleshed out yet. Let's get some TOTP in here.

Do that, then you can call it whatever you want..

Hopefully everyone in here has proper token two factor to access their email at least - i'd recommend that anyway but that's at least a 'something you have' on the inner-walls. Not ideal, i know, but better than nothing.

Archived