Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

customizable squad

(XBOX)Darkskytzo

ok hear me out...DE you guys are awesome and now i know that you can make a railjack crew customizable,when can we do this for all missions. I mean use 4 of my warframes in a mission and i can jump to each one at will and use them,so when i'm not controlling them they are fighting for me in the best manner for the situation. But you can't have 4 mesa's in a squad,must be all different.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Darkskytzo said:

ok hear me out

... Don't take it personally, but whenever someone says ^this^ I don't bother reading the rest because it simply isn't worth anyone's time...

What you're asking already existed in Urban Assault, more than 2 decades ago... But instead of creating units, you want to use your Warframes instead of the crew that already exists, and use the Somatic Link to simply jump from one Warframe to the next one deployed, whenever you feel like it, and jump back into the "main" Warframe once you're done doing whatever you want to do with the other Warframes... I did mention Urban Assault, but I could've mentioned Breed as well... In fact, Breed fits the bill better and its only a year older than Halo 1...

You have tools that allow you flexibility with a Warframe of your choice... But you already know that because its called Subsuming Abilities... The abilities that you want may not be subsumable, obviously... But that's exactly why you can choose to use any Warframe, for any mission...

... I can only go with this idea under these applied conditions:

• Allied Warframe AI is disabled.
  • Player can only own 1 Warframe, ever, and it cannot be changed.
    • No more "Right tool for the job". Its that Warframe or gtho to another game.
  • Allied Warframes deployed in the mission can only use their bare, unranked, unmodded, unsubsumed, always unscaleable no matter what, stats and abilities with base rank abilities unlocked.
  • Allied Warframes can only use Signature Weapons (Concerning weapons only), unranked and unmodded.
  • Affinity gained by deployed Allied Warframes will not be shared and will be lost forever, abilities and weapons.
    • This includes casting AoE DoT and/or Single Target DoT abilities and then switching to your main Warframe in order to collect Affinity without effort, which is effectively worse than what we already have now.
  • Player is unable to "remote control" deployed Allied Warframes.

... If these conditions are not met, then its a big fat "no"... My opinion, no one else...

The game already scales missions to the number of players in them. You don't have to play with others. Most of my time in the game is actually done solo. Not by choice, because I play a lot at work on my laptop, and I simply need to be able to pause whenever I want. The point is, solo play already exists. Certain missions you'll want to do solo anyways, like Spy with Ivara. If things are a little difficult solo, try specters as was mentioned. Some frames make excellent specters, and require no commanding to be good.

The common ones include Wisp, Trinity, Protea, and Nidus. The new warframe, Sevogoth may also make an excellent specter, depending on how reliably he uses Gloom. But that remains to be seen, as I haven't seen any update to the wiki.

you guys are not understanding what i mean....been playing warframe for 4 years and am a mr30,what i mean is if i go into a mission and want to do a long survival,interception defense or any for that matter (yes specters do exist) but you can't use the somatic link to jump from one frame to the other and use them like a necramech could be used. so i don't have to worry about matchmaking,host migrations,if all members will go where i want in a survival and can pause the game at any time. none of this exist at this point and would be nice to have those choices.

On 2021-04-15 at 6:51 PM, (XBOX)Darkskytzo said:

ok hear me out...DE you guys are awesome and now i know that you can make a railjack crew customizable,when can we do this for all missions. I mean use 4 of my warframes in a mission and i can jump to each one at will and use them,so when i'm not controlling them they are fighting for me in the best manner for the situation. But you can't have 4 mesa's in a squad,must be all different.

I actually really like this idea, playing with ai can be more fun than playing with randoms and waiting for premade squads, why i use specters in steel path sometimes so i can just jump in the mission with a buddy. I also really like the idea of frame swapping! Get bored of 1 loadout, play with another, nice touch to keep things entertaining! I still cant be bothered with nechs but the way they work does show that your idea may actually be possible which is pretty flipping neat!

Plus it helps removes DE's reason for weakening enemy spawnage due to player count. They do it so you wont feel so overwhelmed in combat but this helps keep that from happening just like it does in railjack 💙

Ai still needs work to be really fun, like commands that allow you to make ai use certain abilities, change their behavior, focus certain enemies, etc. Imagine how fun it would be to do all of that strategically!!! It would be like youre in 4 places at once, using your ai squad as a mere extension of yourself for some really intense gameplay

Im actually fully for this idea, have my like

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-04-18 at 9:24 PM, (XBOX)Darkskytzo said:

you guys are not understanding what i mean....been playing warframe for 4 years and am a mr30,what i mean is if i go into a mission and want to do a long survival,interception defense or any for that matter (yes specters do exist) but you can't use the somatic link to jump from one frame to the other and use them like a necramech could be used. so i don't have to worry about matchmaking,host migrations,if all members will go where i want in a survival and can pause the game at any time. none of this exist at this point and would be nice to have those choices.

So effectively what you're saying is that you want to be able to swap loadouts mid mission for the (pretty much) sole purpose of having more abilities active at a time, without relying on your teammates disconnecting.

All I can say is that if you're MR30 and are having trouble with long Solo Endless missions and need 12 more abilities and weapons to do them reliably and comfortably, you my friend, need to invest a lot more into the frames you have. Even if you're just wanting it as a fun little thing you can do, it serves little to no purpose in-game, given that literally almost any frame can solo those mission types for well over 2 hours by themselves if you build them right, and it would likely require an absolute ton of investment on DE's part to implement in any functional way.

If you want to swap between ability sets, play Equinox. If you want followers, play Wukong, if you want more frames in your solo squads, use specters, and if you want to turn your brain off, play Inaros. DE would likely never implement something like this. It just isn't what the game is about. 

I'd recommend finding a nice clan with a group of people who are close knit enough that they won't just abandon you in your missions though. Lotta young clans would love to have an MR30 helping them with stuff, and in return, you have a group of people you can cooperate effectively with.

3 hours ago, NebulousOW said:

DE would likely never implement something like this.

You do realize you can summon 4 warframe specters in a squad of 4 already, creating 8 warframes. Why do you find it so absurd to allow a solo player to spawn 3 warframe creating a total of 4? Its a fun time having specters out, but you may not see it often because you are limited in options and feel like youre wasting resources, making it feel like you are losing in exchange for fun.

And DE already lets us transfer into necramechs, i dont see the reason in thinking it'd be too much work to transfer into a warframe.

it serves little to no purpose in-game

What do you mean? It could have the same purpose in the game as a nercramech?

Also even the best player is still at a disadvantage in solo survival (excluding steel path) due to enemy count. You can kill as fast as you want, enemy count will still have you losing what feels like 30% more life support than you would in a full squad (i was told console has less enemy spawns than pc too which makes it even more of a problem)

You may think using this idea to increase enemy spawns is small, but DE has done more for less.

I'd recommend finding a nice clan with a group of people who are close knit enough that they won't just abandon you in your missions though. Lotta young clans would love to have an MR30 helping them with stuff, and in return, you have a group of people you can cooperate effectively with

Ive tried this and this isnt true. What you will actually get, is a bunch of players wanting you to do what they want to do (because you are not going to be the only one with desires obviously), are unable to keep up with you in missions (getting loyalty from new players is cool, but dont expect to take them into your favorite level 1000 mission), and get bored of doing your missions because they are getting nothing they want out of it (imagine me and 2 other players asking you to help us farm credits, nano spores, and alloy plate everytime you get online).

You also have to work with their schedule, meaning you have to be online within the same time frame that they are

So realistically speaking, your chances of finding a group of people that will do what you want to do at least 40% of the time, is close to none. 25% of the time is more realistic if you are going for a squad of 4, but it is still going to be hard to find. Especially for that help to last.

Then getting them to use the frame you want to use on top of all that? Lol

I the idea the op is purposing is about as worth it as the creation of operators, necramechs, and new warframes. With the added touch of solving the issue above, having a reliable squad and reason to increase enemy spawns.

4 hours ago, NebulousOW said:

So effectively what you're saying is that you want to be able to swap loadouts mid mission for the (pretty much) sole purpose of having more abilities active at a time, without relying on your teammates disconnecting.

All I can say is that if you're MR30 and are having trouble with long Solo Endless missions and need 12 more abilities and weapons to do them reliably and comfortably, you my friend, need to invest a lot more into the frames you have. Even if you're just wanting it as a fun little thing you can do, it serves little to no purpose in-game, given that literally almost any frame can solo those mission types for well over 2 hours by themselves if you build them right, and it would likely require an absolute ton of investment on DE's part to implement in any functional way.

If you want to swap between ability sets, play Equinox. If you want followers, play Wukong, if you want more frames in your solo squads, use specters, and if you want to turn your brain off, play Inaros. DE would likely never implement something like this. It just isn't what the game is about. 

I'd recommend finding a nice clan with a group of people who are close knit enough that they won't just abandon you in your missions though. Lotta young clans would love to have an MR30 helping them with stuff, and in return, you have a group of people you can cooperate effectively with.

it's the same as a 4 man squad  now ...just you have full control over the squad and yes i'm mr30 and run a massive clan and alliance on xbox and playstation and also run 4 hr missions... that's not the point- The point is not all clan mates are on at the same time and then you could run a squad of 4 frames of your choice and do the same thing that's possible now (without host migrations) and i can use the somatic link to jump from one to the other.

Archived