Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Direct Damage Abilities Scaling And Buff Suggestion

Goliath042

I know I had posted about the scaling issue of Volt in another forum post. Volt's overall damaging abilities are ok right now since the update had changed how electric damage is calculated on enemies. The problem being is the damage is not as strong for higher level enemies, especially against the Corpus. All I am suggesting is that the damage for Shock and Overload be buffed because of the low end output, compared to the other Warframes (like Ash's Shuriken and Bladestorm) with direct damage abilities. I also would recommend bringing back the stun portion of Overload, since using Overload doesn't do the AoE stun as it used to. Without the stun, the Volt is left as a sitting duck before finishing the ability.

I think that all of the damage dealing abilities should deal %HP damage + damage, so that they would scale better against high level enemies.

Example: a single target nuke would deal 30% HP damage + 100 damage, instead of, say, 200. Of course the % HP damage portion would be disabled against bosses, to not 3 shot them no matter what.

This doesnt affect low level enemies, as they will take the same amount of nukes to die, but it will take less nukes to kill high level enemies.

We don't know how it will transfer into actual gameplay yet, which is why we have to wait and see. Volts abilities are actually not that bad number wise (Overload is just broken for it's animation/no stun) it is really just the way the damage is applied that is the problem and that may be fixed or it may not.