Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii Quest Bugs/Feedback Megathread: SPOILERS (Closed)

[DE]CoreyOnline

Attempting to use operator on the terminal will continue the quest, but soft lock the operator for the rest of the mission (you can't use the operator and if u luckily swap back to your Warframe via operator dying, you can continue the mission, but soft lock on the Tempistari when there are no enemies to kill the operator)

Also fell out of bounds when returning to dock.

Unfortunately, logs are gone at this point, but I do have video proof.

• How easy was it to understand the new quest and what you have to do to succeed?
    • Pretty clear overall, although the quest doesn't actually involve any Void Storms (like the gameplay mechanic)
  • What was it like having Railjack involved in a narrative quest?
    • It works pretty well, although one thing that kinda bugs me is why force it to be a solo quest? Railjack is meant to be a team-oriented platform, but forcing it to be a solo quest means you can't have any squads at all, which seems to defeat the purpose. I remember when I was first playing The Second Dream I could d*ck around in the Quest missions with my friends, although these days all quests force you to play solo. Granted, I have a Railjack crew so it's not a big deal (and the quest isn't hard), but still...
  • Thoughts on gameplay, difficulty, visuals, or in-game guidance?
    • Cinematic cuts in the gameplay were interesting, although some things would be better witnessing in 3rd person view (standard gameplay view) rather than cinematic. Ex: when the capital ship jumps in, it would've been cooler to see it happen live rather than in a cinematic (although this may be forced due to some backend stuff)
  • Anything else that comes to mind!
    • Am I the only one who felt that sing-a-long part while playing as Sevagoth felt...out of place?

Overall not bad, a bit short but lots of interesting ideas that could be expanded into general Railjack gameplay. Some things shown in the quest that would make for interesting Railjack additions:

• Capital Ships warping in - One day hopefully DE will expand Invasions to Railjack and we can have full fledged space battles involving Capital Ships and different factions, with Capital Ships, Crewships, fighters all warping in to add to the chaos
  • Tractor Beam thing - would be interesting as a Point of Interest in general gameplay missions that you would have to play around. Also, this brings up the idea of a possible "Recovery" mission similar to the hidden Zanuka mission. Perhaps if your ship goes into catastrophic failure, your Railjack gets "captured" and you can't use your own until you do a Recovery mission by infiltrating a Tractor Beam station and releasing it, then escaping.
  • Granum Void is briefly shown, perhaps it can be integrated with Corpus Liches? Right now after you're done farming Protea, nobody hops into the hand but this would be a good way to revive it.

2 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I am unable to use the Tempestarii's Countermeasures during the quest... When the moment comes to use it, it doesnt work, nothing happens even after spamming the button or trying to bind the Alt-Fire key to another button. A few seconds after the Ordinance icon shows up Cephalon Cy shows up saying that a Sentient in the ship is blocking the Ordinance but there is nothing onboard.

This happened to me as well. I had the key bound to M4, and it always works, but it didn't this time. Retried the entire quest, with the key bound to 6, and it still did not work. I'm considering asking a trusted friend to do this part of the quest for me to be honest, and just streaming it for me on Discord, because this is the second time this has happened to me in a quest, the first time being Deadlock Protocol and the secondary fire on the Xoris.

3 minutes ago, Spooky_Birb said:

This happened to me as well. I had the key bound to M4, and it always works, but it didn't this time. Retried the entire quest, with the key bound to 6, and it still did not work.

I just finished attempting it for the third time. Problem persists. I have a Dev in contact with me In-Game and Discord to assist him on finding the cause.

3 minutes ago, Spooky_Birb said:

I'm considering asking a trusted friend to do this part of the quest for me to be honest, and just streaming it for me on Discord, because this is the second time this has happened to me in a quest, the first time being Deadlock Protocol and the secondary fire on the Xoris.

I would advise you not to. Account Sharing is against the game's EULA and may lead both your and your friend's accounts to be banned.

20 hours ago, [DE]CoreyOnline said:
  • How easy was it to understand the new quest and what you have to do to succeed?

- Very :)
- I like narratives in general. I don't mind if it is a RJ, but I also don't mind if it is not.
- Guidance was clear, difficulty fair and entertaining, visuals could use a toggle for adaptive exposure so everyone can enjoy graphical settings turned to max again. From what I was able to see I bet it would have been stunning with my old settings. Void, the song stage and ship looked cool and I would have liked less overglare / whiteout to fully enjoy. Would love to replay the mission as soon as that is fixed! (check @killerKronos23's post for further details apparently. yikes o_O )
- Much love for the musik and ship skin! Thanks <3

Edit: Tidbit I forgot to mention: I find myself way more interested in a new frame if it is introduced like that. Gauss, Grendel and Lavos somehow just were there and somehow I shrugged them off, which also has partly something to do with the game modes and personal playstyle... but only partly.

no problem at all

i like the idea to have a railjack in a quest, but this was awfull. there was no feeling for a reason why to use the railjack. the gameplay was like fly 10m, let ur gunner do 5 kills, fly 10m , done. very boring

difficulty was non existent.

I have a minor feedback with something that keeps coming up in terrible places.  When we have a mastery test ready, when a new quest is released, when we are active on a quests, pop ups show up regularly on screen as if we have forgotten these things in the last five minutes of play.

I dislike notifications in almost every situation because I am not brain dead.  Reminders can be useful, but I absolutely do not need reminders that pop up at regular intervals even when I am just idling.  I definitely do not need more than one reminder notification per play session.

I really hope that you could just let us disable any of those notifications permanently if we really want to.  I would prefer that you just add a tab in the upper right of the navigation screen to show any current active options like mastery tests and new quests.  The current reoccurring pop ups just seem like you are trying to play the game for me no matter what choices I want to make.

Well honest feedback is... "not great". 

Ok-ish song. Forced to listen to it in an afk not-cutscene (I got bored and just stood there until the song ended)

Missions... are "eh"

Cy's stuttering gets irritating when he's doing anything longer than a sentence at a time.

So to answer your questions:

Afk level easy. Zero challenge.

In theory fine. In execution? You made it pointless. Hell you were so determined to make this dead easy that you even introduced a weapon where you don't need to aim for the 2nd half.

Dumbed down. Very simple. Visually fine.

Short quest.  Stuck on weaker (than mine) railjack for a bit.  The arena fight was probably supposed to let me feel how the frame fights.  It did.  But there was no info as to how much damage anything did, no costs (does this frame use energy or is it cooldown releated?).  After using each ability a couple of times, I was ready for that scene to be done, as I wasn't learning anything.  But it kept going for a bit.  Overall, not very memorable, really.  But I don't really care about the lore, but how something plays.  This wasn't very fun to PLAY through (a spy mission as my own frame?).  It wasn't terrible, but mostly not special.

Edit to answer the bullet points:

1 - Easy.  Was a simple quest.

2 - Could have been interesting.  Wasn't.  1st phase was shoot non-moving things.  Kill a few fighters.  2nd phase was use a (weaker) NPC Railjack, but with seeker weapons.  Didn't notice any challenge or interesting ideas.

3 - Easy quest.  Sad about the Spy mission.  Would have liked RAILJACK gameplay that had some challenge.  There's not much of that in Corpus Railjack missions right now.  The arena didn't inform me much about the frame.  Probably due to no UI.  The song feels like someone at DE said "that Tik Tok trend is cool, we should put a song like that in our game" back in January.

4 - See my original paragraph.

Thank you very much for the quest.

I fully understand that it was supposed to be only a lore bomb and I LOVED it.

I get that some people don't like the short length or the lack of challange, but I don't personally agree with that.

I feel like the story and background of Sevagoth and Tempestari was very nicely written and the quest was well paced and scripted.

I appreciate that there were no meaningless "do 5 waves of defense" "do mobile defense".

The part with the song was very surprising and gave me goosebumps. Amazing.

I think this is one of the best quests ever and I am happy I got to spend a nice evening on board of Tempestari.

THANK YOU DE. ❤️

How easy was it to understand the new quest and what you have to do to succeed?

The quest was easy to understand and the mission flow felt balanced, but the quest felt overall a little short compared to what I expected from earlier quests. 

What was it like having Railjack involved in a narrative quest?

I enjoyed it, the railjack parts were fun and fitted well into the narrative of the quest.

Thoughts on gameplay, difficulty, visuals, or in-game guidance?

The visuals were absolutely stunning. I really wish we could have the tempestarii design for our railjack interior too and not just for the outside looks. The difficulty was a very nice surprise, not too hard even for newer players, felt well balanced. As for the in-game guidance, the part where we get to try out sevagoth's abilities could do with a few more explanations. It was a nice touch to let us test the feel of the frame, but just from clicking the button when instructed it didn't really tell or show us what the abilities actually do. Also, during that same sequence, the song felt totally out of place and unfortunately ruined the beautifully eerie mood the quest had set previously. 

Anything else that comes to mind!

The very last scene of the quest felt too abrupt. One or two sentences from the characters would make the end feel a bit more rounded and let us understand more of what is going on there. The way it ended felt more like total guesswork. 

How easy was it to understand the new quest and what you have to do to succeed?

I had no trouble going through the quest even without looking up information prior.

What was it like having Railjack involved in a narrative quest?

This was the first time I fully experienced the joys of command intrinsics with my crew. I liked the experience and the "taking my time to look around" afforded by single player.

Thoughts on gameplay, difficulty, visuals, or in-game guidance?

The Railjack sections were nice, the arena fight was a little odd, much as I enjoyed it felt a little: "we made an awesome song let's make sure they hear it" I don't disagree with the intent but maybe it could have done better. On the plus side I enjoyed the track. Visually I really liked the void storms and the scif-fi ghost ship appearance of the Tempestarii itelf. The Void certainly has a way of messing people and things up in potentially awesome ways.

Anything else that comes to mind!

Fun, well done and with lots of lore hints, but I wish we got to know our foe a little better or actually engage in battle with her, the quest was a little on the short side. Still I am happy with what we got. I like warframe acquisition missions with a lore quest.

When I select this quest from my codex and then try to start the mission I get this message: Cannot find an open squad, I am assuming since it is a codex mission it is solo? 

I cannot even start this quest. When I go to start mission I get message No Open Squads. Not sure why it is trying to matchmake me in a solo mission? 

1 hour ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I just finished attempting it for the third time. Problem persists. I have a Dev in contact with me In-Game and Discord to assist him on finding the cause.

I would advise you not to. Account Sharing is against the game's EULA and may lead both your and your friend's accounts to be banned.

ah is it? damn..

Quest was great, though it was pretty short. Hard to really grasp a few details with how quickly it skipped through. Overall though, very enjoyable good work.

The rewards though:

Spoiler

We need to get the Tempestari Railjack interior to go along with the skin. Its unsettling seeing this ethereal ship and on the inside it just had the default interior, none of the void flames seen from inside at all, none of the spooky atmosphere. Please give us the interior when using the skin.

Intro:
I really do not want to write this. I hate the toxicity and negativity that permeates so much of the discourse around Warframe on these forums (and the community in general) and I am loath to add even a tiny bit to it. I know that the staff at DE has worked hard on update 30. Getting a simultaneous release on all platforms (including an entirely new one  in the form of the newest Xbox) is probably much harder than I imagine (and I imagine that it's pretty F'ing hard). Even as I write this I know that they are hard at work getting hotfixes implemented and trying to make sure we all have the best possible experience. This is despite the crew having to work from home in the middle of a pandemic. 
So I want to be absolutely clear that I am in no way believe that DE (read: the hard working people that make the game) are in any way "bad". They've worked hard and with a passion for Warframe that is undoubtedly much greater than mine. Which makes me all the more sad to say the following:
"Call of the Tempestarii" is not a good quest.

The following contains all manner of spoilers!!!

Meditation: "It is difficult to understand the universe..."
The first time I completed the quest I was left very confused. It had all happened so fast. I thought that the quest was a bit rushed and poorly paced and came here to write just that. But as I tried to write down my thoughts I realized that there was more to it than simply the length (or lack there of). I booted up the game again and played through the quest a second time. Upon my second completion of the quest it was clear to me that the quest has two major problems: Nothing makes sense and nothing is properly explained.

These are heavy criticisms that I do not make lightly. I will therefore try to point out the many times I had to scratch my head in bewilderment.

"Tenno disembarking" 
As with so many quests it all starts with an email. A Corpus convoy is going into a dangerous area (apparently an entire platform got destroyed there) and Cy wants us to go intercept them. This is a good setup. Are we going to find out what the corpus are doing out there? Are we to stop them from getting a foothold? Are they carrying something of importance? I am intrigued.

We set sail for the sector (there's a brief encounter with a ghost ship in the void) and upon arrival I see several busted corpus capital ships and a broken space station (what happened here? is this the convoy?). With out further comment Cy immediately command me to start collecting... regular resources? Have we gone out to face, and I quote, "Shipping lanes long abandoned. Void storms. Anomalies. Temporal ghosting" To pick up F'ing titanium??? 

So ok this does make a little more sense if we do not consider my excising stockpile (collected from hundreds of RJ missions) of resources cannon but it is still the most boring answer as to why we're out there (the meta reason being that we are there to meet Vala and the Tempestarii).

"we are on their boards. Look alive"
After swatting away a few insignificant fighters (a fully decked tier 3 RJ with two lvl 5 gunners meant I hardly even saw them appear before they where destroyed) Captain Vala Glarios shows up in her ship (she seems pretty cool).
Cy immediately informs me that "Gunfight not an option". WHY? Why is that not an option? Is there something special about her ship? It looks pretty standard to me. In my quest for the Nautilus sentinel and the Penta Carmine I have blown up more than 30 ships of that size in volatile missions, and de-crewed at least trice that number in exterminate missions. I am a god damn space ninja in a god damn Orokin warship and I have to run? WHY? Give me a reason to fear this woman. Have her disable my ship (I can flee once the ghost shows up). Have CY spout technobable at me. Have an entire fleet show up. Just give me some/ any reason as to why I am fleeing this run of the mill corpus ship. Please I need something for my suspension of disbelief.    

"I am scrubbing the mission. We are done here"
Right as we are about to run away, the Tempestarii shows up. This changes... nothing. We are still going to run away. Cy doesn't even mention if the ship showing up is making escaping harder or easier. Also why are we and not the Corpus it's target?
Vala's reaction is... interesting. From her initial reaction it doesn't seem like she expected to see the Tempestarii. So she probably wasn't out here to find it. And despite what we learn later she does not immediately engage the ship but calls home to daddy Parvos to request permission to use the big guns. Vala is a lot more Samus Aran (Metroid other M) than Captain Ahab in this scene. This could have been much more interesting if she'd gone all out to attack the Tempestarii (Convoy, Parvos, storm and player be damned).

Cy finally decides to take us out of all this. And having completed our mission of scavenging the destroyed ships we return home with our ill gotten gains... I mean that would have made sense right... right?

"This is a raid"  
Nope. Cy decides that we should go look up what that ghost ship was all about. Clearly Vala knows something and Cy wants us to infiltrate and recover Orokin-era naval records. So does this mean we double back and sneak up on Valas ship? infiltrating it like the space ninjas we are. Or do we have to seek out some of those Orokin watchtowers that are floating around as "loot dungeons" in Railjack missions, recovering bits of ancient data? No we assault a random Corpus ship that Cy, for some reason, knows can give us the answers. Also despite this ship being of the same model as Vala's we attack it with no hesitation. 

Of course this can all be explained as the ship having a low combat readiness and it being plugged into the Corpus central database but A: it isn't and B: this is again the most boring way to get this information.

"Objectives meet. Moving on"
So getting that data is not to difficult. Standard spy run and we've gotten all the Orokin-era navel records from the corpus. There is one thing that strikes me as a little odd. As Cy lists the Tempestariis accomplishments this comes up: "Multiple commendations. A legend". So Cy you where around back in the old war right? Pretty sure you where. Yet this does not ring any kind of bell? No comment? Just stating what we pulled out of the computer? Ok then.
Also what about Vala Glarios? No? Not interesting then. Oh well. Would have been a good time to give us some back ground on her. Maybe talk her up a bit with her accomplishments. Feels like a wasted opportunity.
I do love the little bit at the end of the mission where Cy hints at why he wants to help the Ghost ship. "Duty lingers. Like pain in a phantom limb. Like the voices of a crew long dead" A+ writing right there (completely sincere here).

"Paradox. You behold an absence. Describe it" 
So we lure the Tempestraii to us using an old distress code. Again very good. Completely logical course of action. But seeing as this is a rescue ship a few speculations on why it is destroying stuff would have been nice. Especially seeing as Teno and Corpus where "friends" back in the old war.
We meet the ghost. Cy thinks we can help it find what it's looking for. We use the magic that is our Parazon. All fine.
And then Vala shows up! Seemingly out of nowhere. A little line about how she also intercepted our distress signal right here would have made this a whole lot less random. As it stands she just shows up and attacks with... something that for some reason knocks out our frame. I know voice acting is expensive and perhaps something changed but this is another instance where a little line about us being connected to the Tempestarii left us vulnerable or something would have helped.    

"Visitors, your short lives are about to become crap dipped in misery"

(This is taking longer than expected. I'll write a part 2 tomorrow)

TL:DR There's a lot of potential but to little time is put into making tings make logical sense.... or am I being to hard on DE here? Does my criticism seem valid or pedantic? 

The quest is more of a mini-adventure ("something you start and then things happen") than a quest ("doing your utmost to reach a defined goal"). The lack of narrative gives the feeling you are just along for the ride, which you are, in a way. But at the same time it makes most of the stuff that happens feel disjointed and disconnected. A bit like a kindergarden play were the kids have trained really well and do their parts flawlessly, but have no clue about the play as a whole.

But other than that it was fine, even great in places. 

Didn't get any music during the fighting session, seemed to "auto-finish" the last part (was flying towards a yellow marker with Tempestarii when the mission suddenly ended and I got the "bp"-cutscene.

Just a quick bug report. While playing through the quest I had a varying amount of input lag at various stages of the quest. It was most noticeable during the Spy Mission segment, but only seemed to be an issue during the on-foot sections. For reference, I'm playing on a Base PS4 and was playing Solo using Zephyr Prime, Panthera Prime, Akstilleto Prime, and the Pangolin Prime at the time. The input lag ranged from a minor inconvenience, to sometimes being almost a full second between an input and the game reacting (such as turning, jumping, melee, etc.). So far I haven't encountered this issue in normal non-quest Railjack missions, hence why I'm posting it in the quest's megathread, however I'll keep an eye out as I play and quote this in a reply if I find anything new or manage to recreate it outside of the quest.

Other than that however, loving the update! Railjack feels much nicer now, the quest was nice (if a bit short), and the music was outstanding! The Command intrinsic is nice to help keep my Railjack in one piece when I can't find a squad. My only complaint outside of bugs is that Liches can only be Defenders. I don't see why this would be an issue in terms of balance so the only reason I can think of for them not being able to use the other roles is from a development side of things, since they use a different body shape and size to the typical Warframe/Syndicate Operative, so I'd love to see that incorporated in the near future.

• The destroy the beam generator segment was unclear about how I should proceed. (See below)
    • Everything else seems fine.
    • It was pretty cool. I'd like to see more, but I would also like it to make a little better use of the Railjack.
    • Good:
      • The visuals were all cool! Very neat to get the ship as a skin afterwords.
      • I would like the interior of the ship as well! I would grind for this.
      • I like Railjack, even though it feels like a shadow of what it could have been currently
    • Needs work:
      • I had to turn my ai gunners off to have anything to do in the personal railjack sections
      • The beam generator segment could have Cy giving short diagnostic lines to clue the player in on what to do, something like "Main and secondary guns.. offline. Dorsal cannon.. Offline. Suggest external intervention" perhaps
      • The black screen with dialogue from the captain was good to have but I actually thought the game was bugging out. Especially since I activated the nav thing in operator the first time and didn't even knife hack it, so I alt-f4'd thinking it was broken. Need.. some visual of some kind.
    • I want:
      • Some mechanic that isn't hard to avoid but has to be avoided by the railjack could be neat to spice up combat. Some of the RJ nodes have this with the beam cannon thing, sort of, but that's a bit on the slow and big end.
      • More Archwing Slingshot use! Walk to exit -> pop out -> scoot over to door -> go in door is so much less cool than Get in cannon -> Get blown into objective.
    • Things that were great:
      • Overall theme of quest
      • Spooky is good!
      • Always like getting more lore filled in
      • Glad to see Railjack getting some actual railjack content
      • Bite-size quests are great
      • The "Trial" for the shadow was a good idea, I'd like to see more of this somehow worked into future frame quests
      • Music
    • What I want:
      • The ship interior effects for my ship
      • Better SFX for big spaceship moments. Sound team usually hits it out of the park, but it didn't seem like they tried anything big this time.
      • More quests like this (Spooky lore, bite-size)

I'm unsure whether this thread is solely for bugs and feedback related to the new quest (haven't even done that yet) but I wanted to provide feedback regarding a general gameplay change that doesn't work (not a malfunction) and I'm not finding somewhere else for it.

I play on Switch and the additional vibrations added don't help. It was fine as it was. Now it's uncomfortable. There's only one vibration setting so now we have to turn vibrations off completely if we don't want our controllers excessively vibrating. Not only that but it's pointless additional strain on the batteries. That was not a good idea. If we can get additional vibration settings to turn it off for specific things or just have it the way it was, that would be great.

5 hours ago, Gene_Freak said:

Fun quest! :satisfied: Always game for more Cy content, and the song was fantastic!

The thing that was the biggest step forward to me in terms of design language was the part where you got to practice with the Shadow during the musical number. One thing that Warframe has lacked since its inception is any sort of hands-on tutorial for frames, or even a "try before you buy" mode where you can experiment with powers and their interactions. Now I'm not saying each frame needs a bespoke training area with a fully produced shanty accompaniment, but this showed (to me, at least) that you can get a sufficient feel for a frame's basic rhythm with just an empty room, basic prompts and some paper targets - might be something to look into down the road for the Codex's frame section?

i totally agree with this

i mean either this or they make simulacrum accessable from the orbiter for the love of god

Archived