Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii Quest Bugs/Feedback Megathread: SPOILERS (Closed)

[DE]CoreyOnline

There is loss of functionality if you use the Operator to "Parazon" the location of Sevagoth in the navigation console after getting into the Tempestarii. The Operator is kicked back to the frame but the UI remains while Vala is talking and you can move the Warframe in the black background until the music begins with Sevagoth killing Corpus.

After that, whenever you bring the Operator out you wont be able to do anything, not even return to the Warframe unless an enemy downs the Operator back to the Warframe. And doing that while INSIDE the tempestarii, where there are no enemies, will force you to Abort the mission.

The long sequence with the song and playing as Sevagoth's shadow is incredibly dull.

Between the shadow's powers being devoid of anything interesting in its kit, the overlong combat section, and the fact that you can just afk through it as you're utterly immortal, it throws the e-brake on what was up to that point a pretty breezily paced quest line.

Like, to be more to the point, you have this awesome moment where you're immobilized, trying to correct the nav data, the Corpus ship comes barreling out of the Void with all guns blazing, Cy is yelling at you, and then... nothing. You cut to a long, slow, aside where you can press buttons if you kind of want to while the song plays, then you're supposed to jump back into "S#&$'s happening" mode and it, really, really doesn't work. The energy and tension is completely gone.

• How easy was it to understand the new quest and what you have to do to succeed?
    • The quest was straightforward enough to me, even with having little experience with Railjack missions prior. Didn't encounter any issues/bugs either which definitely helped.
  • What was it like having Railjack involved in a narrative quest?
    • Involving the Railjack was fun and allowed the quest to do interesting things that we haven't really seen before, like integrated different stages and objectives much more smoothly than other quests. I feel like going back to the dry dock between the two "actual" missions was unnecessary though - it could have probably been done seamlessly.
  • Thoughts on gameplay, difficulty, visuals, or in-game guidance?
    • The quest overall was quite easy, even in my almost completely non-upgraded Railjack. Visuals were great and show potential towards even more impressive and engaging stuff in Empyrean missions.
  • Anything else that comes to mind!
    • The only big issue this whole quest has, in my opinion, is being a solo quest and requiring you to have built your own Railjack. This feels like it goes completely against the idea of Railjacks and their crew. I usually play with two friends, and I'm the only one who has actually built a Railjack. In this situation, if they want to experience this quest and get the new Warframe the intended way, they'll have to go through the time and material sink of building their own Railjacks, which, after the quest, will be collecting dust since there's no reason for us to invest more time and materials in three Railjacks instead of only the one that we'll use when doing missions. I do understand that some sequences - specifically the Shadow sequence - would be quite awkward to do non-solo, but some form of compromise could surely be reached.

I was expecting a lot lot more with a quest that has its own theme song, the part where the song was played should be a flashback of what happened instead of demonstrating warframe abilities.

that weapon used in quest which has auto-tracking should be in the game right at the first release of RJ.

we should be getting orokin-era archives from an orokin tower instead of corpus carrier and that captain is introduced in the quest for nothing, I was expecting a sharp character

there's no instruction on how to activate counter-measure while driving space ambulance.

generally disappointed on this quest, feels like it was made in 3 days :'(

I weep

first of all, I enjoy seeing railjack expanded upon. Secondly, The ghost ship theme was cool. Then there's the fact that I didn't know when the quest was over. Despite the high quality of what was delivered, I was expecting more narrative movement after all the waiting. The work that DE did was good for the most part, yet I it's dissapointing to see such a small volume of it in the actual story progression. And when do I get to call my rj in open zones? 

Aftera while of testing and playing it I just want to take the moment to say for me and my friends..... You have runied railjack before it was a fun enjoyable change of pace from the main game that was in most ways more fun and enjoyable then the main game it was infandently better to do the old railjack missions then theses new ones were the railjack is nothing more then a gimic to be used for a little before foing back into the same old mindless boring game play that the rest of the game is...if I come to railjack I want to do railjack stuff not the same S#&$ I could do anywere els... I was looking fprward to this update but the best thing from this update was the song and this update effectively killed rj and the fun me and my friends had from it... To tell the truth the old railjack was one of the things keeping us intrested in the game so you effectively killed that thank you de 

I cannot start the quest. I have activated it from codex, and selected the mission from navigation. After that it was just an infinite loading with the music suddenly stopped (footsteps, weapon sounds, etc. still there). Opening the Railjack ability menu (default L on PC) will crash the game. Pressing Esc would open the pause menu, but nothing responded including the return to dojo menu. The only way out is Alt+F4.

Negative feedback:

Some missions take 20+ minutes to complete even with me speed running with Gauss.  When entering a Priority Target alone, it takes forever because there's 3-4 waves of drones each spawning 200m away in 3 separate directions.  Also, sometimes targets are 800m away when entering ships.  There's a lot of running and it's really boring and unnecessarily time consuming.  All of that results in rushing and not enjoying the scenery like the Derelicts.  

Corpus defense tileset needs adjusted.  This mission was already absurdly long to begin with taking almost 20 minutes for 5 waves(on SP anyway) and now that's inside another mission, it's so much worse.  Maybe get rid of the ground floor and defense target elevator to speed it up?

Relaying orders takes too long and the AI pilot is awful at times.  In the time it takes to relay an order so I can hop on artillery, my RJ is almost blown up.  And even when the objectives are done save crewships, my pilot was flying away from enemies and wouldn't even look at the crewships for me.  We need some major improvements here or let us fire artillery from pilot seat.

The alerts menu needs new tabs.   It's a minor annoyance,  but there's far too much to scroll and I am not a fan.   Can we move nightmare missions and void storm to their own tabs?

I want to use my railjack, not other players.   Previously if I launched from the navigation terminal of my RJ, I would be host.  And if I launched from navigation in my orbiter, I'd go through matchmaking.  As an MR30, my ship is likely going to be a better setup than some of the low MR Tenno I'm being paired with.  While I know a lot of stats are shared now, I don't believe the weapons are nor are the weapon choices.(correct me if I'm wrong here)  But really it boils down to I just really wanna see my fashionjack.  The only time I get to see it is in my dojo :(

Please don't remove main objectives from HUD when entering Priority Targets.  I wanna know what my squadmates are doing.  Should I teleport to help them or recall to RJ?  

Positive feedback:

These missions are really fun.  I really love the SS approach where we're always moving and completing different objectives and not staying in the same room forever.  It's one of the reasons I love Disruption.

Rail Shanties.  Can we get some more please and also be able to play them during missions?  I was so excited and set my controller down just listening to it, I missed out playing as Sevagoth which I thought was neat. 

Loving the Dojo updates and new decorations.  That being said, while the no decoration zone around doors was improved, there's still a decent area where decorations can't be placed.  I swore I read or heard we could place decorations through doors but I can't even go up to the door, let alone through it.  I'm experiencing the same issue with certain terminals(RJ) not allowing me to set a floor beneath them.  The opposite side of terminals in dry dock also doesn't let you place any decorations past a point that the terminal side lets you.

Mission voting is one the best RJ improvements.  I can't tell you how happy I am for this.  Too many times a rogue Tenno has broken up our squad by taking us to the dojo rather than simply leaving (because abort mission normally means you lose all rewards and they don't realize each mission loot is saved) 

Love the Optional objectives and automarking Derelicts.

Getting the Tempestarii skin was AWESOME and I loved it. I lost my mind making a brand new look for my Railjack. I was so excited and then the interior wasn't ghostly like it was in the quest and my giddy excitement died a little. Please for the love of everything give us the interior as well.

So, the quest is awesome (i get the flying Dutchman inspiration), but it's a bit disappointing that we can't get the Void-ish interior of the Tempestarii. Would it be possible to add that as a Interior Scene like we got some for the Orbiter (Or even get a Void themed Interior Scene, that would be awesome)? Additionally, during the song phase, it would be great if we get an explanation for the showcased abilities!

Switch here. Not sure if just on my end. The game in general seems to have suffered a fps dip, compared to pre tempest update.

Also Oberon and Ash New Drop location is STILL. A Bad Change. Switch already has a lower playerbase compared to the other platforms, and new RJ isn't as favorably looked upon by the general populace.

We all knew the quest would be short, but even without the 12 hour time-gates of building warframe parts some of the earlier 'quests' had, this was abysmally short.

It was two missions. One spy, and another random volatile. Two missions, with some taxi between and a random section cut in just so we could have a song sang at us as we fought a battle we literally couldn't lose. Vala is a random character that we're introduced to in the briefest of passing, seemingly fueled by revenge, and we're supposed to care about her when our tenno haven't been explored since The Sacrifice, and even that quest ended abruptly. Why has every 'quest' we've been given in the past three years (I know, 2018 was three years ago already) just ended out of nowhere? The last quest that felt like it had a satisfying narrative buildup, as in beginning, rising action, climax, and end, was The War Within. The Sacrifice ended on a cliffhanger and every quest since then has been either a straight prologue or yet another cliffhanger for a story that's been put on hold for literal years at this point.

We're not even getting spoonfuls of lore at this point. We're getting drips.

Parvos was a random character introduced with the Jupiter rework who's never been mentioned before but is somehow the founding father of everything Corpus, and now we have another random character introduced that's either supposed to be the basis of the liches or someone that matters to the random character introduced before her. The fact that neither look to have any relation or passing mention to 'Duviri' mean we're just going to get yet more new characters and not actual growth for those established, but we can hope.

You have so many characters and so much world already built. Right now, the universe is stagnating under its own weight. Things already introduced matter little to the new, while the new expands more in directions that either directly contradict or make little sense to those already introduced.

The song was good, but 'We All Lift Together' was the opening of Fortuna, not the entire reason to play it.

Didn't particularly feel like inspired writing either if im honest. Felt almost phoned in with the poor dead warframe in trouble > tenno investigate and save it> get reward. It's basically a less fun version of octavias quest. or titanias. or harrows... basically most of the recent ones. Wasn't really an update deserving of a "mainline" imo. Even the patchnotes took less time than the last railjack set of patchnotes and the quest announcement sorta advertised the update that was already in game. I was pretty heccin disappointed it barely introduced something new for being such a milestone number. Update 30 and all that. 

Vala should have been introduced in Deadlock Protocol, even as just a side character. Like what if she was a low-level Crewship captain on the ship Nef self-destructs? Maybe during that quest she has some lines on the comms. Cy mentions some sort of accident which I think was the one Vala was involved in, whatever it was called, which could have been part of the events of Deadlock Protocol instead. Then it wouldn't be weird for her to suddenly show up: after being self-destructed by Nef she drifts in the Void among her dead crew where she writes her song and becomes more devout, then maybe the Tempestarii rescues her from the Void and dumps her somewhere so she decides to capture it as an offering to Parvos. This leads to CotT where she uses us to find the Tempestarii again to capture it, eventually leading to her getting blown up by us and tossed into the Granum Void where she becomes the first Queenpin. Presto change-o, now it makes some sense.

11 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I am unable to use the Tempestarii's Countermeasures during the quest... When the moment comes to use it, it doesnt work, nothing happens even after spamming the button or trying to bind the Alt-Fire key to another button. A few seconds after the Ordinance icon shows up Cephalon Cy shows up saying that a Sentient in the ship is blocking the Ordinance but there is nothing onboard.

I have this same issue, can not progress the quest past this point.

Playing through it I just felt really like I had a major sense of dejavu. Basically it felt like every short quest in game that you find some long dead frame, do some sorta rescue mission, and end up with their blueprint. The story itself felt a little bit random to me honestly. You just show up, salvage some stuff, a corpus ship comes in and attacks you. You get "saved" by the tempestari and then the corpus ship is suddenly super crazy and tryin to kill you like you're their nemesis. Basically the octavia quest. or the mirage quest. or the harrow quest, nidus quest, revenant quest.. .just pick a short in game quest and its the same formula. Only main difference is that your tenno has NOTHING to say during this entire quest and you dont get ANY cinematic moments of your warframe or tenno doing things. Major failiure on that point there for me, It just cookie cutters it for me like theres no real importance for your tenno to even care because they dont bother with any dialogue. You're just sorta getting ordered by cephalon cy, who i dont like at all, to do all the things.

Not gonna lie.. I feel i shouldnt even have bothered leveling my railjack. the one you're given for the quest uses none of your equipment it seems because my 11k hull on my main one wasnt there. Neither was a few of my other parts, just the basic rubbish. 

To top all this off it was update 30. A pretty big milestone number but there's almost nothing added and no gameplay elements that effect the way we play being added. If you're gonna phone in updates like this at least phone it in as update 29.11 or something and do somethin properly good for mainline. 

All in all after the quest i just switched the game off, looks like more wait for things to be added that's going to give some sort of meaningful change to the game. 

thats a 1/10 for me for effort. Nothing new of note here to keep me playin still

51 minutes ago, SaberSentinel said:

Why has every 'quest' we've been given in the past three years (I know, 2018 was three years ago already) just ended out of nowhere?

Deadlock Protocol ends exactly where it should end: we rescue the people we're trying to rescue, we beat the threshold guardian, and we prevent Nef Anyo from taking over the majority stake in the Corpus. Parvos Granum does escape, but A) we were never in a position to properly oppose him anyway, and B) by the time that happens we learn that he is not going to cause the same problems as Nef, if any problems at all (though considering he has defeated Tenno before, it's not a 100% good thing that he's free either)

54 minutes ago, SaberSentinel said:

Vala is a random character that we're introduced to in the briefest of passing, seemingly fueled by revenge, and we're supposed to care about her when our tenno haven't been explored since The Sacrifice, and even that quest ended abruptly. 

We're not even getting spoonfuls of lore at this point. We're getting drips.

I disagree. If this quest was standalone instead of a sequel to Deadlock, I don't think it would have any problems at all. We're on a routine scouting/salvage mission when suddenly we get pulled into the finale of a story about space pirates and revenge. It's a throwback to how Once Awake starts out as a routine Spy mission, and turns out to be part of an ongoing Grineer mad scientist storyline that ends with the Infested waking up. I don't NEED to care about Vala beforehand to enjoy this story. This is the kind of "ok so here's just one part of this already-huge universe" flavor that makes me read random books in the Warhammer 40k franchise

59 minutes ago, SaberSentinel said:

Parvos was a random character introduced with the Jupiter rework who's never been mentioned before but is somehow the founding father of everything Corpus, and now we have another random character introduced that's either supposed to be the basis of the liches or someone that matters to the random character introduced before her. The fact that neither look to have any relation or passing mention to 'Duviri' mean we're just going to get yet more new characters and not actual growth for those established, but we can hope.

There are definitely some obvious thematic retcons in the Corpus lore thanks to Parvos. Originally, the Corpus were a sort of... "consolidated postdiluvian new antagonist" who just sort of staggered on after the Orokin died, slowly building up their power until they become the new Empire. Their name was taken from the Orokin vocabulary ("corpus" meant "extended family"), and they were nomadic for a while until they built up some cities. Now they've existed since the Old War, they're the brainchild of one guy, their name is something that guy came up with because he thought it sounded cool, and they've had a home city of Corposium since their very creation. All big retcons to anybody who actually cares

However, I don't think this is bad

This is far from the first time DE has done big retcons like this. I mean just look at the freaking Tenno. We were originally a caste with internal self-governing bodies and our own independent traditions and culture, such as marriages and stuff. We even had the Tenno Counsel who created Nova and Nova Prime. Now? The Tenno are about 500 children. Total. As well as a bunch of cloned Dax soldiers. Who have spent most of their existence in coffins

And you're the one asking to know more about the children. So clearly the retcons aren't all bad

Quest was .. OK, serviceable.. fine, I guess.

I have to be honest thou, I expected something better considering you guys said "short but with a punch". I didn't feel that punch.

Short quests are fine, but they should leave a mark. This quest just didn't "click". It didn't hit the feels, didn't reveal anything particularly interesting, didn't introduce anything new.

I guess I expected too much, I hoped it would be something like The Sacrifice, Chains of Harrow, etc. Not in its length, but in its "punch".

On the bright side, the sound work and the song is fantastic as usual, good job.

Thanks for listening and keep up the good work.

Reposting from the wrong thread:

Just a few Call of the Tempestarii: Update 30 feedback (since there's no update 30 feedback megathread yet, still at 29.10.0)

Sevagoth Quest

• It's okay even if it's a bit short, I'm kinda neutral about it. Like, compared to the earlier "new warframe quests", it's not as engaging (or as spooky *eherm, chains of harrow, eherm*) but the "soundtrack integration" is nice with a lot of room for improvement for the next one.
  • I like the "try the abilities" sequence, though it took a while for the first "ability hint" to appear, then a bit too long intervals to show the rest of the hints. Thus, a few suggestions:
    • Make a "try sequence" for all upcoming new warframes.
    • Make the "try sequence" hint intervals shorter, or simply improve the hints timing overall. For example, maybe add a basic objective like kill X spawned enemies, or simply trigger the next hint after killing X number of enemies with the ability. Sevagoth's "try sequence" felt a bit bland after a little while because hint timing plus nothing else to keep it a bit more engaging.
    • And, I especially like Thanos' cameo! 🤣
  • Overall, understandable considering what I think you are going for with the theme and the soundtrack plus gameplay. So the challenge is to make a better version of this approach for the next one. 👍

Void Storm

• Simply make the reactant pickups as shared pickups exclusively in Void Storms... like the rest of the resources pickups in Railjack missions... consistency... that's it. Void Storm fixed! 🤓
  • 2-3 of 4 crews won't go out to the POIs because they're doing the "space stuff", plus the ship intruders don't drop reactants much, or less of them are able to get in because their ship got blown up by spamming-err-powerful homing missiles.
  • So, just increase the invaders' drop rate, you say? Then let the crew leave their stations just to pick up reactants and break their momentum? That's cool (not!). 🤣 Please don't make the "pilot-to-artillery solo experience" mistake again...
    • ...unless the solo player pilot will be able destroy crewships soon? Or the gunner AI will be able to destroy crewships soon by mounting the artillery since he's the gunner anyway? Or the pilot crew AI will be improved soon like prioritize tailing a crewship when the solo player is in the artillery station?
    • IMO, the artillery and gunner is kinda redundant or unnecessary to separate. And, the artillery is under the gunner intrinsic anyway, right? So, simplify: Pilot = piloting + basic shooting; Gunner = turret + artillery. Just make each station more distinct... unlike the Engineer role right now... at least put the second turret station in the cargo haul so the "engineer" has something to do? 🤣
  • Correction: I guess my first public crew earlier just wasn't able to pickup reactants, we got 4 at most during our 5+ speedruns. 😂 My bad. ✌️

Railjack Crew

Was hoping that someone would proactively thought about this while in retrofit, but we're now in the call of the tempestarii... In any case, just a few suggestions:

• Add the "Crew UI tab" in Ticker's Crew UI. Like, replace the "Hide Owned" checkbox with a "Manage Crew" button and maybe the "Contracts" button too. It's a chore going back and forth between a Dry Dock and Fortuna just to manage, compare, or end a contract of a crew.
  • Also add the "Crew UI tab" in the orbiter's plexus terminal. The Intrinsics UI tab is already in the plexus terminal, so why not the crew too? We're managing the crew, not the ship. No need for a dry dock.
  • Generally, if the UI or task is related or within context, why not make 'em accessible too? Please stop adding "barriers" to any related experiences. Simplify.
    (Aside: the crew management is just one example of many possible UI linking improvements. Just saying. No time to list 'em all, unless you'll hire me?) 😂

P.S.

• Quest: "Destroy the Beam Generator" needs more info to avoid misleading players.
    • Given that:
      • pointer placement right in the center of the bridge window, also in the center of the "big" enemy ship,
      • then allowing players to interact with tempestarii's artillery,
      • and after conditioning all players to use artillery to destroy something "big" since railjack's release.
    • Suggestion:
      • simply put an excerpt or a sub text, like "board the enemy ship" in white text color, right under the main objective text,
      • then, disable tempestarii's artillery interaction.
  • Matchmaking: Enable players to choose between hosting a mission or joining a squad after picking any node, railjack or otherwise.
    • Like, add a modal or something which gives players a choice between "host a mission" or "join a squad."
      • For players who sometimes just want to start a public squad already... to avoid joining a "host player who doesn't want to host", but you ended up joining that "host" again, who cancels the mission about the same time you join in then leaves the squad... then you try again and ended up joining that "host" for the nth time... :facepalm: (and that "host" can simply pick "join")
      • Or, avoid the times when matchmaking takes a while for some reason, then you ended up starting as a host anyway.
    • Isn't it about time players have this option already in 2021? Just asking.

✌️

12 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I am unable to use the Tempestarii's Countermeasures during the quest... When the moment comes to use it, it doesnt work, nothing happens even after spamming the button or trying to bind the Alt-Fire key to another button. A few seconds after the Ordinance icon shows up Cephalon Cy shows up saying that a Sentient in the ship is blocking the Ordinance but there is nothing onboard.

i'm on PC and have same bug, did try couple times and result the same secondary fire button does nothing

Archived