Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii Quest Bugs/Feedback Megathread: SPOILERS (Closed)

Void Sinks detonating multiple times in rapid succession, seemingly occurring if a player passes through them yet is unable to deal damage, or if they are directly above or below it for just a couple of meters. 100% occurs with Wukong in his Cloud Walk ability, it detects a player is there yet not at the same time and perhaps that's the cause of it triggering multiple times? I have sacrificed my eyes to ensure this was the steps and I can guarantee you, it is. Wukong + Cloud Walk + Void Sink = multiple explosions.

• TYPE: In game
  • DESCRIPTION: Affinity Farming in Steel Path Node
  • VISUAL: https://imgur.com/a/Svh3ijg
  • REPRODUCTION: Activate shadow, Deactivate shadow over drop
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Drop has already been picked up not additional resources added
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Resource is picked up for every time shadow is activated
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% first observed only duplicated drop, however when reporduceing additional drops were aquired on every activation

When it came to the quest there's a major quest-stopping bug for me:

To fire countermeasures you press "M4", I press this (currently mapped to secondary fire on weapon mode) and nothing happens. I've tried clearing the key bindings to defaults, same. Tried mapping a different key to secondary fire, nothing. Absolutely nothing works here, and I have no idea which command is being used so I can map a different key to it.

I hear others have the same issue and managed to get past it with alternate keybindings, but none have an idea which key or command it being used.

EDIT: I see that there are railjack-specific keybindings if you scroll down the options screen (who knew!) and in there, there is a binding for "Ordnance" which is defaulted to M3. Changing this to M4 fixed the problem completely. I wonder if the quest instruction to press M4 should have been "fire ordnance" or "press M3" instead?

Edited by gbjbaanb

Hello,

How easy was it to understand the new quest and what you have to do to succeed?

I am MR 30 and have been playing the railjack for some time now so have maxed gear (including archwing), so it was pretty intuitive and easy for me to understand and complete.

What was it like having Railjack involved in a narrative quest?

Not really noticeable for most of it if i am being honest, its not bad but not something i recollect as leaving a strong impression.

Thoughts on gameplay, difficulty, visuals, or in-game guidance?

Pretty much the same as any other railjack/on foot mission so ... ok i guess But i absolutely hate the visual pollution, please please please tone down on the particle effects , a good visual is more than just having graphics FX and particles stuffed in till the GPU explodes. The waypoints could have been better (but thats a generic problem not specific to the quest)

Anything else that comes to mind!

I overall like it but there's some things i feel could have been better , i am also curious about a few things which i saw while piloting the tempestarii.

1) The Space shanty is lovely , but it feels wasted on a single melee fight when you play as the shadow. Would have been much more impactful if it was during an actual dogfight/naval battle by the end of which you do end up captured by the corpus as you fend of boarders and fighters.

2) The quest itself felt sufficiently long , but it feels like its not quite complete , like a prelude/prologue of things to come - it did end kinda suddenly.

3) The rewards were great and apt , (love the skin) but i am curious if we can get the weapons of the tempestari as well (maybe not the turrets as they felt too slow). i am absolutely curious to find out what the ordnance/countermeasure was though and if we can replicate it.

4) it would have been cool if the shadow followed you like a specter after boarding the tempestarii and made random creepy / tragic comments.

5) The space navy funeral was touching , but i dont think most players will relate as it ends so abruptly , there's not enough time given to form a bond.

• Like 3

The quest kind of blew, not gonna mince words. I was actually confused by how vacuous it was especially in light of all the hype leading up to it.

My experience with the quest, inasmuch as I can remember (I was already struggling to remember nearly all of its content mere hours after finishing it, not a great sign; if others feel I have details wrong they can feel free to correct me, I won't bite), was that it was... extremely passive and noninteractive, and that the writing was shallow and poorly-structured. I think the quest was attempting to be cinematic in the vein of recent "action-adventure" games but unfortunately the experience being showcased wasn't super compelling.

Gameplay-wise, it felt like there... wasn't actually much gameplay? A lot of the quest is just waiting around and or pushing buttons at your leisure while Things happen around you. You don't actually have a whole lot of control. The opening segment where you just fly around blowing up crates and engaging in minimal combat seemed like an okay lead-in but it was actually one of the more interactive parts! From that point it was basically "run away", "wait", "click this button". A low-level Spy mission (very new and exciting way to show off Railjack gameplay!) is thrown in seemingly to give an actual gameplay objective.

The passive experience could have worked if the story it was servicing was worthwhile, but I unfortunately didn't get a whole lot out of it. The pacing of the story was rushed, and I didn't have time to understand or invest in any of the major players. I was given a cliffnotes of what the Tempestarii was but I wasn't allowed to experience its story for myself (show, don't tell!) and so I didn't care about it or what happened to it, and I have no idea at all who Vala or Sevagoth are. The way Vala is framed gives me the impression that I should know who she is and/or want to learn more about her but I don't, so she feels like wasted real estate for now. She promises to be given more development later, but I can't give credit for work that hasn't been handed in yet unfortunately.

The sequence where you play as Sevagoth's shadow kind of sums up the entire quest; I don't know why I'm here, the gameplay is entirely superficial (you can just let go of the keyboard; you respawn immediately), and it doesn't actually amount to anything (I was expecting it to be a tutorial for a segment where you play as Seva's shadow for realsies but then it just ended).
Also, apologies to the artists involved, but the song was somewhat grating to listen to and was certainly no We All Lift Together. The use of in-universe terms in the lyrics was somewhat cringey and made it hard to relate to on a personal level, unlike WALT which has viscerally-appealing subject matter.

I suspect this quest is intended as a prologue to something in the future (Queenpins?), and to be entirely fair I was quite tired yesterday and for a truly fair review I should probably revisit it with fresh eyes, but for now Call of the Tempestarii is a hard miss for me. Sorry bois.

AND NOW FOR THE POSITIVE:

I liked how the mission flowed together seamlessly from event to event. Railjack in particular seems good at that.

The atmosphere in the Tempestarii was amazing and it made me wish that the quest wasn't so rushed so I could drink it in more.

Obviously everything looks and sounds incredible, although DE pretty much never disappoints on that front. The art and sound teams deserve all the love they can get.

There were cool ideas in there even if they weren't developed to my satisfaction. I liked the idea of playing as Sevagoth's shadow and was heartbroken when nothing substantial was done with it; it would have been a nice change of pace and a cool way to experience a new frame. I liked the limited time we had piloting the Tempestarii for similar reasons.

Having an actual Railjack quest is exciting even if the quest itself is kind of ass; I would very much like the team to continue exploring this route in the future.

• Like 3

I had no bug at all during the Tempestarii quest. Got some afterwards, but it doesn't belong here.

To me, the quest was too short. Background and Atmosphere were so good, I could have played that hours long.

If you do quests this short again, please, make them in a way I won't like them.

As mentionned in other post, I found the Shadow trial a nice touch to get to a warframe without farming it.

I love Revenant (soooo much) and had such a feeling that Sevagoth could be his little or big brother, that I'm pretty sure it will become my second prefered frame.

But mostly, I want to thank you for your work. By 'you' I mean all DE, of course :

'Sleeping in the cold below' is such a piece of art. We slid from space ninjas to space pirates with that. And when you get to the lyrics, it adds so much more atmosphere, lore, and feelings.

Fortuna's Anthem was a nice touch. But this one is huge. I can't stop listening to it through youtube at the moment (would be better on spotify though)
I could pay for a clip of the whole DE team singing the song homestream style or alltogether once pandemia is gone.

Not sure that could help me stop imagining Rebecca as the lead singer for a reason that i can't explain myself (well maybe something related to the voice itself). But, hey, that would be fun.

Well, i'll stop there. The little dreaming boy in me said all he needed to.

Thank you.

PS : I forgot one point. I understand that, through lore, the Tempestarii skin 'smoke curls' are related to a specific railjack original skin, but I'd love to see same kind for Sungem skin. Of course i'd pay for your work. Please accept my money T_T

Edited by Roshynn
forgot something

Very possibly the wrong place to post this but hey I have odd thoughts...

I went to bed last night thinking about the Update we got and was thinking wouldn't it be cool if in a Railjack mission your Railjack's life dropped below a certain life threshold for example 50%, Cy sent out a distress call to the Tempestarii in the void to aid you for say 90 seconds with its Void powers to create Void Storms that ignore your Railjack and crew and cause chaos before returning to the Void.

Weird thought but hey I would love something like that.

The new quest is perfect. Please introduce Warframes like this from now on. Also, banger of a song.

I really like the Plexus. Avionics were terrible and didn't feel like any game I wanted to play, but the Plexus... I get the Plexus.

I'm actually finding myself enjoying the changes to railjack and having an AI crew. However, playing with a public group is still a nightmare.

Let me force host again. What is the point of me building a ship if I never get to use it? Bring back the old system where using Navigation on your railjack will make you a host and using Navigation on your orbiter/relay will make you client. Making me autojoin a crew when I want to use my ship is a surefire way to make me never play public.

The new intrinsics are pretty good, but still feel a bit redundant. More on that when I have more experience with them. Right now it just feels silly to unlock basic forging features (or not have a UI element say I can't do them) until Engineering rank 6.

Kuva Lich crewmen serve no point if my gunners can take out ramsleds before they even arrive and my normal crew can be equipped with a way better gun with my mods. They either need to actually do something other than stand around or they need to be mod-able.

Crewmen need a secondary role. If I'm playing solo and I want my engineer to do something other than stand around when the ship is fine, I should have that. If I have a human teammate with me who wants to be on a turret, they shouldn't be locked out of it because my gunners are in them. 

Here's my big one: What is the point of having artillery be a separate station? Answer: there is none. All you're making me do with artillery is making me move from one chair to another a few feet away and stop. If you want me to have to be stationary to fire the artillery, that's fine, but as it stands, I'm only moving about ten feet just to change weapons, and it's a serious waste of time. I know you don't want it to be the Pilot show, but I would really prefer to not have to leave one spot, move a tiny bit, and sit in another spot to do something that honestly only needs to be done once or twice a mission.

• Like 3

TYPE: SOFTLOCK

DESCRIPTION: Going to Orcus Relay from the Dojo right after completing the quest instead restarts the last mission of the quest then softlocks the game with a "Please wait..." screen.

VISUAL: Locked screen.

RhELd5m.png

REPRODUCTION:

1. Have the Observatory in your Dojo, so that Navigation is available.

2. Play through quest normally.

3. As soon as the quest is finished, open Navigation from the Esc menu and click on Orcus Relay on the Railjack star chart.

4. Instead of being taken to Orcus Relay, the last mission of the quest will be repeated (Cy sends the Orokin distress signal to lure out the Tempestarii and so on).

5. Play through the mission normally.

6. (Possible part of the bug?) Notice the Tempestarii's Void Storm open on its own instead of when the Countermeasure is fired. The quest continues normally, which is good.
7. Upon completion and automatic return to the Dry Dock, notice that your Railjack is named Tempestarii and retains the Tempestarii's Health and Shield values. receive an infinite "Please Wait..." screen. Related screenshot included.

EXPECTED RESULT: I just go to the Relay.

OBSERVED RESULT: I replay the last mission in the quest then the game locks me in an infinite waiting screen and needs to be exited with Alt-F4.

REPRODUCTION RATE: Unknown - Haven't attempted replaying the quest yet.

Edited by BRC_Del

After playing through the new quest, all I could say between the Tempestarii's Forward Artillery, Main guns, and Ordinance is. I   WANT   THAT. PLEASE add a way to obtain the guns at least! Maybe even down the line add variants to the Forward Artillery? The cluster seeking rockets the Tempestarii had was amazing! The ordinance it used seems way too OP for us to be allowed though.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Electropuncher said:

Let me force host again. What is the point of me building a ship if I never get to use it? Bring back the old system where using Navigation on your railjack will make you a host and using Navigation on your orbiter/relay will make you client. Making me autojoin a crew when I want to use my ship is a surefire way to make me never play public.

Best way for the near term? Launch the railjack to Earth Proxima, the "free flight" zone. Once you're there in your railjack, select a mission, and other people will join you in your ship.

Edited by Kitsushadow

31 minutes ago, loop8000 said:

After playing through the new quest, all I could say between the Tempestarii's Forward Artillery, Main guns, and Ordinance is. I   WANT   THAT. PLEASE add a way to obtain the guns at least! Maybe even down the line add variants to the Forward Artillery? The cluster seeking rockets the Tempestarii had was amazing! The ordinance it used seems way too OP for us to be allowed though.

As a main artillery, yeah... Probably too OP, I'm thinking. But as a secondary ordnance-style armament, seeking rockets with high-yield warheads might be cool. And since it's ordnance, it has to be replenished when the magazine's dry.

2 minutes ago, Kitsushadow said:

As a main artillery, yeah... Probably too OP, I'm thinking. But as a secondary ordnance-style armament, seeking rockets with high-yield warheads might be cool. And since it's ordnance, it has to be replenished when the magazine's dry.

I mean the "ordinance" used in the quest that literally makes a massive capital ship consuming tear in the void. The cluster seeker Forward Artillery seemed fine as they all target the same crewship. Which kinda doesn't sound that different than current FA saying it, just a change to how it does it. Which I would still want tbh.

• How easy was it to understand the new quest and what you have to do to succeed?

Very easy to understand.

• What was it like having Railjack involved in a narrative quest?

It was neat and all the transitions and stuff felt rather smooth.  While I dislike the forced disembarking during regular Corpus Railjack, it feels like it flows well here for a solo quest.  Still, the actual Railjack parts felt a bit short and taxi-ish.  Most of the quest is still on-foot.

• Thoughts on gameplay, difficulty, visuals, or in-game guidance?

Difficulty was easy for someone like myself with kitted out gear and stuff.  May be challenging for a new or mid-game player.  Only thing to note is that electric procs from the Shield Ospreys seemed to be 10x stronger than the other electric procs I got nailed by.  Most were around 20-30ish per tick while the Osprey proc was doing like... 200ish a tick.  But Electric Procs dealing excessive damage to players is a bigger Warframe problem as a whole.

• Anything else that comes to mind!

The part where you play as Savagoth felt really out of place, almost like it existed purely to force us to listen to that song.  I feel like I had very little to no feedback on what the abilities actually do.  1 pulls enemies, 2 is a dash, and 3 does a circle thing with unknown effects.  If there's more to that then heck if I know.

The whole quest felt kinda... confusing?  Like I feel like it was just lore dumping some stuff on us with little explanation or relevance to what's been previously established with a side of "Corpus Liches are coming soon™! :D:D:D"  I mean, what was that ending?  We rescue Savagoth, get told they're at peace or something, and then we launch the frame into space and explode it?  Just like... what?  Why?  (I mean, obviously so you can make us farm and build it ourselves, but I mean narratively.)  And I have no idea what the real relevance of the Corpus chick was to the plot, can't even remember her name and I just finished the quest.  Well, relevance besides, what I said above, Corpus lich teaser.  You could delete her from the story and it'd do very little to change the plot.

Also, it's very short and left me feeling "wait, that's it?"  Like, I'm glad it didn't have needless padding like the Glast Gambit quest, but I think there's room to spread the quest out and build up the mystery and plot and everything.  Compare to The Sacrifice, which had rather good pacing and build up.  Could have done something with the Void Storms as part of the quest.  Right now, they get hyped up and then kinda just are there.

• TYPE: In-Game.
  • DESCRIPTION: I just looked at my RJ from the outside, and both in the dojo and in missions, the bases of the side turrets on the tempestarii skin where invisible. I could see through the railjack naceles.
  • VISUAL: https://imgur.com/a/tvtskXS
  • REPRODUCTION: I don't know, just look at the side turrets when you're in the dojo.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: The turret bases should be visible and you shouldn't be able to see to the other side.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: The hardpoints on which the side turrets are affixed aren't showing.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: It happens all the time.
Edited by noxus777

Delay loading / Loading missions

Support / Digital Extremes has a friend who is trying to play raijack with me and common missions, he uses internet via radio, when we play together we have to do the following:

1º Enter the mission by invitation:
2nd invite friend
3rd wait for him to log in without starting the mission
4th complete the mission and return to the hangar

after that the warframe game crashes and neither ESC nor any command you give works, the only way is to give ALT + F4
opening the game again

========================================================

Demora no carregamento/ Loading das missões 

Suporte / Digital Extremes tem um amigo que ta tentando jogar raijack comigo e missões comum, ele usa internet via radio, quando jogamos junto temos que fazer o seguinte:

1º Entrar na missão por convite:
2º convidar amigo 
3º esperar ele logar sem start a missão
4º concluir a missão e voltar ao hangar

depois disso o jogo warframe trave e não funciona nem o ESC ou qualquer comando que dê, único jeito mesmo é dando ALT+F4
abrindo o jogo novamente

Edited by skyf4llentutor

• How easy was it to understand the new quest and what you have to do to succeed?

Fairly easy, standard railjack. Aside from a bug that for the "countermeasures" didn't take into consideration I had changed the secondary fire, so it showed the key I changed to, but it didn't do anything, only pressing the mouse wheel instead to work.

The Arena part was the most disconnected, at a certain point I stopped attacking so see what would happen, we respawn instantly upon defeat. Music was ok?

In terms of lore it was simple enough, corpus acting weird, we go check out, find a ghost ship and a corpus commander that has a tragic past with it.

It was ok. A bit interesting to see another RJ in a mission.

My ship is top level, so very easy, played along with required objectives like dodging the attacks of the other rj. The weapon from it was interesting as well, with those heatseeking projectiles. Ghost RJ looked cool, and boarding it was fun with the effects inside giving it a bit of "mystery". The small cinematic videos of the corpus ship arriving in the field etc, were nice to give a bit of fluidity to the mission though the feeling was gone again shortly after with the ship being so still and defenses feeling tacked on. Feels like the RJ is the only thing that moves?

Didn't care much for the corpus commander, Vala? Isn't that story pretty much the coming past of every corpus that meets frames in a mission? I guess she becomes a "corpus lich" after with specter tech. Sisters? The music was ok I suppose but felt a bit tackled on, same with the arena and character.

But... Why did we blow up Sevagoth??? Looked like a mostly preserved frame that could be usable? We feed them to helminth already, at least that instead!?

• Like 1

Good Day, found a bug. I was playing my first mission after update, a spy. Finished the mission, started to see summary then WF itself quit on me, I then got Sony blue screen of death and now having issues getting on. Unique thing is there is no other games on my PS4, just a streaming service. I have an SSD and I just did a scheduled clean install on my PS4. Hope this helps. 

Feedback of "Volatile" Railjack mission. Playing solo even as a frame with high damage resistance, keeping on top of the vents, and engineers, the reactor still goes into meltdown too easily. A few other of my friends say they also have the same problem and the only way they've been able to complete the middle and higher tier missions is in an actual squad dispersed around the room for when the vents pop. Might need to look at rebalancing the reactor meltdowns.

Overall: Solid

Sound Design: Excellent. As usual.

Story: Solid. As usual.

Missions: Good.

Complaint, Minor: Was not permitted to adjust loadout before Spy segment. Forced to abort and restart with a different companion to prevent... issues.

Cinematics: Excellent. As usual.

End of report.

I actually really enjoyed the railjack specific portions of this quest. It's scratching the surface of that epic feeling of an ensuing space battle. Also the shanty is great, sound team always killing it.

Edited by Skaleek

Very easy, i really liked it, not very hard to understand, maybe a bit more guidance on before starting the quest so the context is easier to understand.

amazing, actually this felt somewhat better than without railjack since the mission would just continue and it's in such a flow that it's a sucess
    It's better than many many quest where you have to leave and come back for the mission.

Gameplay : oh yes please ! blast me with music to pump me up and throw in waves of enemies, i crave for that
    this moment actually felt weird and good at the same time, it's really strange

Difficulty : the spy was TOO easy and standard, maybe increase the level and reduce time, it's the only mission that did not fit inproperly beside the fact the mission where MUCH TO LOW in terms of enemies level for a veil proxima

Visuals : Stunning cutscenes, i liked the "cryptic" nature of the game sometimes and the cliffhanger
    So overall great sucess

Much too short tho, great experience, but it felt just right.
    A bit more challenge would be necessary to make player more involved, since i don't expect corpus liches to be an early game thing.

It just has the same problem as a lot of things in warframe :
    you don't have "difficulty" tier in mind and often you go way to easy on requirement for the quest
    Why ? shouldn't the game become harder and harder the more you dive into quests ?

you have a bad habit of making "standard gameplay" (non quest) normal difficulty while making quest much too easy, where it should be the other way around,
    the quest should be a way to prove you are capable of overcoming that objective, you possess the required skill and equipment, you are READY.

and this quest was the epitome of a missed difficulty mark.

• TYPE: In-Game Transition
  • DESCRIPTION: Going to the Orcus Relay from the Veil Proxima Voidstorm missions causes the game to enter a limbo where the railjack never arrives and the menu cannot be accessed.
  • VISUAL: First video is the initial visual, second is after about 5 minutes of playing my shawzin:  https://imgur.com/a/dCOuY48 
  • REPRODUCTION: The last two times I've tried. Reproducing is difficult as the bug forces me to restart the game.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Arrive in railjack at Orcus Relay
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Becoming the next Tempestarii doomed to travel in the void portal forever
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Twice in a row, every time that I've tried.
  • Like 1

• [DE]Danielle changed the title to Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii Quest Bugs/Feedback Megathread: SPOILERS (Closed)
  • [DE]CoreyOnline locked this topic