Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Investigating Matchmaking/Invite difficulties for some users

[DE]Momaw

On 2021-04-19 at 3:57 PM, (XBOX)King Caledonia said:

Exactly the same issues here, unfortunately my hub doesn't allow me to turn off ipv6 so I can't even try that as a fix 😑

Me and you both can't disable ipv6 on my end so can't even try that solution

On 2021-04-16 at 7:05 PM, [DE]Momaw said:

After our recent infrastructure upgrades (https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1258399-matchmaking-presence-server-upgrades-complete/),  some players are affected by issues with finding sessions via matchmaking or inviting others to their session. This issue is occurring for Tenno on all platforms. This is specific to a particular server in our network, where players who connect to this server are not able to talk to players of other servers. The problem primarily (but not exclusively) affects players who are connecting to the North American West Coast.

We do not have a timetable for when the problem will be fixed, but we are aware of it and are actively working on a solution with our network partners.

We will update this thread with information as we receive it. 

Monday, April 19 update

Some changes have been to the network, and our first tests look promising. We're continuing to monitor.

Tuesday, April 20 update (morning)

We believe matchmaking and friends to be resolved for PC players due to changes in our server network configuration. Different issues came to light which specifically affects Xbox players, and changes were made there as well. At this time we are still monitoring to see if there are ongoing problems.  If you are still experiencing current issues with Matchmaking and the Friends list, please try using the Analyze Network feature under Menu > Options > Gameplay and report the results.

Tuesday, April 20 update (afternoon)

In addition to an issue solved by one of our network partners on Monday night we may have found a workaround for lingering Matchmaking and Presence issues effecting many Xbox players.

Since this is all server-side we won’t need to hotfix but we will need to force everyone to relaunch. If you were logged in when we made this change, you might see an "Update is ready!" message (the launcher won’t actually download anything new; this is normal).

To the Tuesday morning update still can't invite, join or see friends, can't find any one on matchmaking in any node in the entire star chart .

I did the analyze network and what I get as s result is DNS lookup failed 

To the Tuesday afternoon update , STILL CAN'T MATCHMAKE JOIN OR INVITE OR SEE ABY FRIENDS , YOUR WORKAROUND WAS USELESS TO ME 

On 2021-04-16 at 1:05 PM, [DE]Momaw said:

In addition to an issue solved by one of our network partners on Monday night we may have found a workaround for lingering Matchmaking and Presence issues effecting many Xbox players.

what about PSN? saw 1 in here and i think few on reddit have issues with it as well

Same issue here. Gotta solo everything, can't invite, be invited, see friends or clan members. Also, I get the deadly "Please ensure your firewall permits UDP ports 4950 & 4955" alerts. Nothing changed in my firewall for the past year, I used port forwarding to make sure the UDP ports are good to go, I tried every pair of UDP ports available (PC), I disabled my PC firewall and the router firewall and still, no change.

On 2021-04-22 at 3:10 PM, -IK-Mared said:

Same issue here. Gotta solo everything, can't invite, be invited, see friends or clan members. Also, I get the deadly "Please ensure your firewall permits UDP ports 4950 & 4955" alerts. Nothing changed in my firewall for the past year, I used port forwarding to make sure the UDP ports are good to go, I tried every pair of UDP ports available (PC), I disabled my PC firewall and the router firewall and still, no change.

i have the same problem

• 1 month later...

I’ve been having trouble joining people,when most people try to join me they get stuck on the please wait screen then it times out after a few minutes. When I try joining a public match,it tries loading but then it says creating session after the time I should load in. I can rarely join a person. It will load from an invite but it doesn’t put me in their squad 

On 2021-04-26 at 6:26 AM, mohamed4215 said:

i have the same problem

On 2021-04-22 at 3:10 PM, -IK-Mared said:

Same problem

Egypt here

More than a month now :(

Same problem here in Greece. I can't join or invite anyone and I also don't see anyone in hubs, relays and dojos, no matter how crowded they are supposed to be. Have tried all fixes to no avail. Please help :(

• 2 weeks later...

Was playing with a friend this morning. He left to get dinner, came back, we couldn't see each other online. Strangely, after messing around a bit he can now see I'm online, but accepting his invite fails with "host not found" and if I manually invite him it tells me he appears to be offline =/

Archived