Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you use gunnery rank 9 on controller? [solved]

PollexMessier

Question

There is no reload option in railjack controller mapping, and pressing the normal reload button doesn't seem to do anything.

Edit: looking through you responses and messing around in game a bit here's what I figured out. Context action button (which is how you typically reload on controllers) does not work, mapping Just reload to something in general controls does. It will not work if anything in the railjack configuration is mapped over it, and on controller there's pretty much no room to just map reload in general controls. There really needs to be specifically a turret reload option in the railjack configuration. Players shouldn't have to remap their controllers to use a basic function of the game.

But I figured it out now so question solved.

On 2021-04-16 at 3:52 PM, Katinka said:

I don't use a controller but I'd hazard a guess that they might rely on the 'reload as context action' option, which would mean reloading and exiting the turret are the same button.

It doesn't seem to work even if I bind the exit button to something else. I think it's probably that it just doesn't work with context action at all.

48 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

So basically you're saying because gian point was removed Railjack now sucks. Gotcha.

well, since that was the only point of railjack to exist, kinda, yeah.  After all, would warframe itself still be fun if they removed the warframes?  My list is far more specific than just that, but moving the whole thing in that direction would have made it actually fun, instead of outright removing the one fun part of it.  But whatever, I don't have to care any more.  I bit down on that sense of dread of knowing there was yet another RJ mission ahead of me and finished my Sevagoth farm today.  Thank god I don't have to farm ash.

1 hour ago, mkah_mvet said:

I liked classic railjack.  Newjack is a mess.  I did classic railjack sometimes just to show people the ropes, get them through the starchart, to farm affinity on what was probably the most fun node in the game.  That's all over now.  They put all the parts of the game that everybody hates into 1 game mode and expected people to like it.  So no, there's no reason to ever go back once you've farmed your stuff, not least of which is the most important reason: fun.

So basically you're saying because gian point was removed Railjack now sucks. Gotcha.

2 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

for fun

I liked classic railjack.  Newjack is a mess.  I did classic railjack sometimes just to show people the ropes, get them through the starchart, to farm affinity on what was probably the most fun node in the game.  That's all over now.  They put all the parts of the game that everybody hates into 1 game mode and expected people to like it.  So no, there's no reason to ever go back once you've farmed your stuff, not least of which is the most important reason: fun.

44 minutes ago, mkah_mvet said:

I don't get it.  Are you laughing because I just learned that ranks 9 and 10 on 4 out of 5 intrinsic trees are worthless (instead of just the 3 of 5 I previously thought), or because you're a $&*^?

Nevermind I keep forgetting a lot of people don't play this game for fun, but only go from loot A to loot B. So your point about Railjack and there being no reason made me laugh.

4 minutes ago, mkah_mvet said:

If it makes you feel better, I had to test it 3 or 4 times to even notice a difference.  And it's an intrinsic you get for the mastery rather than function, since turrets don't really mean anything in RJ.  And since they (intentionally) screwed up affinity farming in RJ, once you've farmed Sevagoth, there's no reason to ever come back, so RJ doesn't really matter any more anyway.  I wouldn't be broken hearted about it.

Laugh Lol GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

If it makes you feel better, I had to test it 3 or 4 times to even notice a difference.  And it's an intrinsic you get for the mastery rather than function, since turrets don't really mean anything in RJ.  And since they (intentionally) screwed up affinity farming in RJ, once you've farmed Sevagoth, there's no reason to ever come back, so RJ doesn't really matter any more anyway.  I wouldn't be broken hearted about it.

9 hours ago, mkah_mvet said:

reload stat on RJ guns has always just been how long it takes to cool down from full heat.  If it helps, think of it as how archguns regenerate ammo, except in reverse.  It auto-reloads when you stop shooting.  Working as intended, not a bug, just somewhat poorly named.

No this is a bug. On pc you can actually reload once you have gunnery 9. Just check out the gunnery intrinsics on the warframe Wikipedia. It clearly states once you reach rank 9, if your turrets overheat, hit the R key (reload on pc) to instantly begin cooldown on turrets, causing it to cool down back to 0 in just 0.5 seconds, instead of the usual 3 seconds. The turrets will also make a certain sound effect to show that this action was completed. 

The point of rank 9 gunnery is the ability to cool down the turrets in half a second, something that apparently quite a few of us console players can't do, yet I've seen pc players do it on YouTube so they definitely have it. 

4 hours ago, mkah_mvet said:

reload stat on RJ guns has always just been how long it takes to cool down from full heat.  If it helps, think of it as how archguns regenerate ammo, except in reverse.  It auto-reloads when you stop shooting.  Working as intended, not a bug, just somewhat poorly named.

You should to look up what Gunnery R9 does before confusing the issue here. If you're using a controller on PC, the easiest thing is just to hit R on the keyboard (or whatever key you may have rebound reload to), which triggers the Gunnery R9 instacooldown. On consoles, I think people are currently out of luck.

Sigh

not again

DE is far too PC focused in their design and testing, once again they've done something that shafts controller users.

They really need to add a Console exclusive player to their livestream play schedules, just to force themselves to actually experience what we have to deal with and feel the control oversights firsthand.

Just now, (PSN)DidacoJack said:

Wow, didn't realize it was a thing. I have Ability Menu mapped on press touchpad, so I just press that and square simultaneously.

I'll have to look into that. Is that done through regular conroller mapping? Right now I just press 2 on the keyboard. It's a hassle.

1 minute ago, (PSN)DidacoJack said:

I just press Ability menu + square.

Btw, can anyone explain to me why I can't rediatribute competency point to my crew (I have the intrinsic to do it). It should be done by pressing triangle in the npc skill menu, but it doesn't do anything.

Maybe they fixed it in the last patch, didn't read it.

Edit: according to this: 

it's still not fixed

2 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

Ah add this to the list with not being able to use the second (middle) Battle Mod on controller.

I just press Ability menu + square.

Btw, can anyone explain to me why I can't rediatribute competency point to my crew (I have the intrinsic to do it). It should be done by pressing triangle in the npc skill menu, but it doesn't do anything.

On 2021-04-16 at 6:04 PM, PollexMessier said:

There is no reload option in the controller mapping

20 hours ago, (PSN)crashteddy03 said:

normal reload

4 hours ago, (XBOX)l Saminator l said:

their is no reload

4 minutes ago, taiiat said:

what do you mean Controller can't Reload? i don't buy that.

you just press Reload when your Guns are overheated.

I don't use a controller but I'd hazard a guess that they might rely on the 'reload as context action' option, which would mean reloading and exiting the turret are the same button.

Archived