Jump to content

Why Join or Host option for Railjack was deleted?


Recommended Posts

To make RJ feel "alive" I mean they did just put the entire ship out for sale on the market if people buy them and every time they go to host its a ghost town that would not sit well with sales. This way at least it gives the illusion of plat well spent.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, minininja77 said:

To make RJ feel "alive" I mean they did just put the entire ship out for sale on the market if people buy them and every time they go to host its a ghost town that would not sit well with sales. This way at least it gives the illusion of plat well spent.

I mean, Railjack in the market mekes sense in the same way as warframes, weapons and necramechs in the market, I don't get why is so controversial for some people

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

I mean, Railjack in the market mekes sense in the same way as warframes, weapons and necramechs in the market, I don't get why is so controversial for some people

I do not disagree with the RJ in the market the only reason it took this long was it was tied to the dojo. My point was now that it is for sale DE can not have the game mode feel dead because everyone only wants to fly their boat

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Less people joining squads and more people just playing alone.

Which is exactly what's happening now. Before you at least had a third category of people, who wanted to be on their own RJ but were also willing to host other players if they happened to join. Now it's either solo on your own RJ with no chance for others to join you, or, launch into a random pub mission that most likely will not be on your RJ.

Heck, I even had a whacko thing where I launched into a quick public earth mission where I correctly guessed there was nobody else I'd be forced to join, soloed it on my RJ, and then went straight from flying around that node to a veil node that I actually wanted to play. Randomly forced into another group's mission on another player's RJ, my RJ presumably vanishing into the void like the Tempestarii. Alt-F4ed out and haven't played a public RJ mission since. Congrats DE, there's one less maxed RJ out there for newer players to fly around on.

  

40 minutes ago, minininja77 said:

DE can not have the game mode feel dead because everyone only wants to fly their boat

Except that's exactly what's happened. 75% of the time you don't get to fly your fancy, hundreds of plat and days of grind boat in pubs anymore, so it's mostly people playing solo RJ or none at all. Plenty of people would neither want to pay 200p or whatever it is for a RJ nor be ready to build one (even at the incredibly easy level of grind it is now, it was a Hema-level undertaking at RJ launch for my solo clan), and would have been happy to enjoy RJ content and build up their resources, mods, and plexus as riders.

Edited by -Augustus-
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -Augustus- said:

Which is exactly what's happening now. Before you at least had a third category of people, who wanted to be on their own RJ but were also willing to host other players if they happened to join. Now it's either solo on your own RJ with no chance for others to join you, or, launch into a random pub mission that most likely will not be on your RJ.

In isolation this doesn't sound like a problem -- I mean you just flat out said you're willing to not be the host -- buuuuut

1 hour ago, -Augustus- said:


Heck, I even had a whacko thing where I launched into a quick public earth mission where I correctly guessed there was nobody else I'd be forced to join, soloed it on my RJ, and then went straight from flying around that node to a veil node that I actually wanted to play. Randomly forced into another group's mission on another player's RJ, my RJ presumably vanishing into the void like the Tempestarii. Alt-F4ed out and haven't played a public RJ mission since. Congrats DE, there's one less maxed RJ out there for newer players to fly around on.

This is freaking weird and defeats the whole purpose of the Railjack having a nav console. Might as well add extraction points to the RJ maps and send everyone back to the Orbiter after each mission, if that's how matchmaking works now

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

In isolation this doesn't sound like a problem -- I mean you just flat out said you're willing to not be the host

That's not what I said. I said I was more than happy to host as long as I was doing the mission on my ship. People join, don't join, IDGAF, the more the merrier (side troll cases of pilot seat theft and forge resource wasting aside, but I played a pretty big chunk of RJ and didn't have issues with those). What I'm not willing to do is have whether I'm the host and doing the mission on my ship be a 1 in 4 chance. If that's the deal, I'll just go solo 100% of the time.

The current pub RJ situation is similar to having player-configurable modding screens, where you can slap on whatever frame and weapon mods and arcanes you like, but then everyone has to go and play the mission with their individual mods/arcanes applied to whatever unknown warframe and guns the host happens to have. That frame and those guns may or may not be trash, and they're highly unlikely to be optimized for the three other players' modding choices (which were effectively done blind, though some stuff is going to go on every plexus no matter what RJ/guns are being used).

Edited by -Augustus-
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, -Augustus- said:

That's not what I said. I said I was more than happy to host as long as I was doing the mission on my ship. People join, don't join, IDGAF, the more the merrier (side troll cases of pilot seat theft and forge resource wasting aside, but I played a pretty big chunk of RJ and didn't have issues with those). What I'm not willing to do is have whether I'm the host and doing the mission on my ship be a 1 in 4 chance. If that's the deal, I'll just go solo 100% of the time.
 

I don't see the distinction. "I want to be the host, but I am willing to also be the host"

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, scott_free said:

To make consistent with the rest of the game.

Except it's not consistent. Elsewhere, you bring 100% of the gear with you into the mission: frame, weapons, and associated mods. So it really doesn't matter, in terms of direct effect on how your mods function, what anyone else brings. 

In RJ, you bring a set of mods, but you have no idea which RJ components or weapons they'll be working with. It's bananas.

 

3 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

I don't see the distinction. "I want to be the host, but I am willing to also be the host"

I've explained the distinction, but I cannot grok it for you.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, -Augustus- said:

I've explained the distinction, but I cannot grok it for you.

Here's our stumbling block:

Quote

Less people joining squads and more people just playing alone.

5 hours ago, -Augustus- said:

Which is exactly what's happening now. Before you at least had a third category of people, who wanted to be on their own RJ but were also willing to host other players if they happened to join.

As far as I can tell those aren't actually three categories, those are two categories. But you've claimed that the first category is actually two categories, when I see no difference whatsoever. Either you're willing to take the chance you're not the host, or you're not willing

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if we got back that option I wouldn't ever play Rj with others.

I have a nice little npc squad and that's enough for me. I just wish we got more slots. Like at least 6.

Oh and Liches are totally useless. That should be changed.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, minininja77 said:

DE can not have the game mode feel dead because everyone only wants to fly their boat

There is an endless list of things added to warframe that are dead and the only "fix" they have is to add weapons/warframes and a quest to force people to do it in order to acquire them and play the mission. Oh yeah, or to pay plat to acquire the weapons/warframe, but that still doesn't help with the mission.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine if you started every non railjack public mission with someone else random frame & mod config.

Sorry noobs but theres no more power farming MK3 parts in pub lobbys for you onboard my railjack Im affraid.

Much much harder to get a maxed out railjack now aswell since they changed it to endo & credits instead of just dirac...lol

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

As far as I can tell those aren't actually three categories, those are two categories. But you've claimed that the first category is actually two categories, when I see no difference whatsoever. Either you're willing to take the chance you're not the host, or you're not willing

Not sure what happened here but let me put it in another way.

Before you can choose to : PUG(have a chance to be host), Host, Solo. 

If you absolutely want to use your railjack, you can choose Host, which is still engaged in co-op aspect of the game. Players with shet railjack can join in and get loot to make better railjacks.

Now you can choose :PUG(have a chance to be host), Solo

If you absolutely want to use your railjack, you can only choose Solo, which is one less squat for players with shet railjack to join in.

 

I feel DE really did one step forward one step back. The new AI crew is made for ppl hosting but don't have players to join in. It's perfect for ppl that wanna choose Host.

But then they just push those ppl into PUG, which not really where AI crew matters, or Solo, which won't help to make this game mode feel alive. 

Hella wierd.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the bigger problem is that right now Railjack is way more fun and efficient to do solo especially with npc crew so why pub it or make a group anyways?

Edited by Tesseract7777
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I think the bigger problem is that right now Railjack is way more fun and efficient to do solo especially with npc crew so why pub it or make a group anyways?

Because Grineer Void Storms suck. In solo, you're camping one Crewship just begging the Corrupted to actually spawn, leaving your Railjack defenseless (even with AI crew). In pubs, you can have two people in Crewships, one in the missile battery, and one actually defending the Railjack while the other three farm traces

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Because Grineer Void Storms suck. In solo, you're camping one Crewship just begging the Corrupted to actually spawn, leaving your Railjack defenseless (even with AI crew). In pubs, you can have two people in Crewships, one in the missile battery, and one actually defending the Railjack while the other three farm traces

I have had no trouble finding abundant traces when soloing Grineer void storms idk, maybe I've just been lucky but I have been having a ton of corrupted spawn for me on every crewship I go onto.  

As for the other bit, as someone who needs to level a lot more, I've found it's almost impossible for your RJ to die when you have almost no protection. With an AI engie at 5, they just keep repairing every time you get a hull breach and giving you temporary invulnerability, kind of like shield gating. As long as I take out crewships quickly and no one boards my RJ (as my one defender is kind of suck and I haven't leveled my intrinsic enough to assign one of my liches) I have never had a problem and my gear is pretty nooby. I haven't had my RJ die this way once and I leave my ship to go to multiple crewships at a time. 

Edited by Tesseract7777
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I have had no trouble finding abundant traces when soloing Grineer void storms idk, maybe I've just been lucky but I have been having a ton of corrupted spawn for me on every crewship I go onto.  

Yeah it's purely down to luck. Last game I had, we blew up the Asteroid Hangar, Dome Charge'd one Crewship, and only then did the Corrupted start spawning on the remaining Crewships. But since it was a full pub game, one Tenno each on Crewships 2 and 3 got our ten reactant quickly and the mission was over nice and speedy

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

Yeah it's purely down to luck. Last game I had, we blew up the Asteroid Hangar, Dome Charge'd one Crewship, and only then did the Corrupted start spawning on the remaining Crewships. But since it was a full pub game, one Tenno each on Crewships 2 and 3 got our ten reactant quickly and the mission was over nice and speedy

Damn. That's definitely something they need to work on then. I didn't know people were having that kind of trouble. I probably just haven't run into it yet, I've been busy working and have only had the time for 2-3 missions a day really with the update. I post on the forums more because I can do that at work, where I can't game lol. So far I have been lucky and had smooth missions, but it sounds like that may not last. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...