Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Existing Alternate Helmets

Amistyrja

For those who possess alternate helmets, please also give them a DUPLICATE option of the alternate helmet that does NOT alter any stats. Great for those who hate the stat 'bonuses', OK for those who like them for some reason.

"but it'll make it harder to scroll through my existing skin options boohoo!!!!!!1!1!"

They're already divided into categories so you don't have to scroll through a bunch of badges to reach your helmet shut up

It's been some time, but I've seen a suggestion here, to remove the stats change from the alternate helmets, making them purely cosmetic, and into alternate systems instead. So you'd still be able to change the base stats (before mods) of your frame but at the same time freely select the look you like most.

Or simply remove stats from helms and make them cosmetic?

This is the exact reason the current helmets still have stats. People have already tuned their playstyle to the stat bonuses in the helmets, and they dont want to screw that up.

Someone made a similar post: separate skins into "systems" (stats), "helmet" (comsetic) and "chassis" (cosmetic skin for the body, currently none exist but why not?)

I've been looking for that thread for ages, because I want to revive it. It's a good thread, and DE should take a look at it.

Does anyone have the link, by any chance?

Someone made a similar post: separate skins into "systems" (stats), "helmet" (comsetic) and "chassis" (cosmetic skin for the body, currently none exist but why not?)

This is gold. Honestly, if someone can't find it, I will create a thread for this.

Please tell me you guys aren't that new. De have already anounced that the stat giving helmets were just experiments and will not be continued necros alt is the firts in line for the cosmetic helmets. I am sorry if I apear rude but go watch the livestream just after u10 I believe and som answers will be recieved

Please tell me you guys aren't that new. De have already anounced that the stat giving helmets were just experiments and will not be continued necros alt is the firts in line for the cosmetic helmets. I am sorry if I apear rude but go watch the livestream just after u10 I believe and som answers will be recieved

The majority of us are well aware of this, thanks. That doesn't change the fact that every other helmet in the game right now still has gamechanging stats.

And we're asking if we can have statless versions of these "experiments". I watch the livestreams, this changes nothing.

As I recall in the live stream they said that no new helmets will have stats and that they are looking to phase out the stat helmets at some point. They don't want to remove the stats because people have built builds around some hats. With the addition of nightmare mods this is not as big an issue. The stats on hats were DE liking the TF2 style of hats. However they now realise it was a mistake. I believe the solution will be to stop selling stat hats and then release the new stat-less versions.

If you want this issue addressed communicate it at the live streams. That is your best chance.