Railjack help

(PSN)ramonesco

Question

6 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

And yes they take up unnecessary space.

the alternative would be to not get the free slots they take up. so technically, like the rested bonus in WoW is a rebranded exhaustion mechanic, you are looking at it from the wrong end.

2 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

the alternative would be to not get the free slots they take up. so technically, like the rested bonus in WoW is a rebranded exhaustion mechanic, you are looking at it from the wrong end.

Yea I understand that. That's not what I meant. I meant they are just sitting there and you're never going to use them again. But DE wants to have a default to go back to. It would be easy to have a default always equipped even when you remove another piece, or allow a ship to have nothing equipped. Those would be preferable over what we have now.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

and you're never going to use them again

you are still stuck in a straightforward thinking. they are not there to be used, there are there in case you want to unequip and replace your current gear, because... the game cannot deal with a "nothing in that slot" state most likely.

And before you say "but I got enough free slots and have all gear anyway" GOD DAMMIT what did I just say about being stuck in a way of thinking? not everyone dropped a billion plat on railjack like a lunatic. some people literally cannot craft a new piece without scrapping the one they are currently using.

and that is why this S#&$ exists. do not ask for the underlying problem to be resolved. it is probably not worth anyone's time even IF it were fairly easy and would not cause a cascade of spaghetti code goodness.

1 minute ago, Rawbeard said:

you are still stuck in a straightforward thinking. they are not there to be used, there are there in case you want to unequip and replace your current gear, because... the game cannot deal with a "nothing in that slot" state most likely.

And before you say "but I got enough free slots and have all gear anyway" GOD DAMMIT what did I just say about being stuck in a way of thinking? not everyone dropped a billion plat on railjack like a lunatic. some people literally cannot craft a new piece without scrapping the one they are currently using.

and that is why this S#&$ exists. do not ask for the underlying problem to be resolved. it is probably not worth anyone's time even IF it were fairly easy and would not cause a cascade of spaghetti code goodness.

Uhm, did you even read my reply? 

• Like 1