Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino : Iron Skin Healthbar

celludriel

Holy crap yes!

That'd be super convenient. At the least, add visible "wear" to the skin effect - that'd be pretty cool and unobtrusive.

i've noticed some kind of "wear" effect . sometimes the number of those crystal-thingies drops.. i'm not sure if it's due to my potato pc or it's a feature in the game :/

its a nice idea yeah. +1

Its indeed hard to see how long your iron skin is going to hold. 

I prefer that there comes a number on the Icon when we activate it. (Its small then and just for the people that want to see it)

Sad i can't add a image for a example :/ how i would see it.

Or yeah make it indeed easyer to see it on your skin how long it holds.

Sometimes im full skinned and sometimes just parts.

Edited by lSnowFoxl

Maybe add a silver overlay over the standard shield counter when Iron skin is activated. That will provide a much more accurate reading as to how much mitigation you have left. I also think that will help with data mining since you officially have a counter to show you how much damage iron skin takes.

What I can see on my rhino are allways those 'scales' and the shiny skin. I allways notice the shiny skin worn off earlier than the scales. Hower I the scales seem to dissapear instantly when the cap is reached. They could swap this, since the shiny skin visualy worns off. Also I see it more likely to have the 'scales' to dissapear earlier than the shiny covering. I mean Iron skin means Iron -skin- , why make the thickened skinn wore off earlier than the few scales he gets as a bonus.

The other alternative is to actually make the scales dissapear one by one, as an indication of the remaining armor. At the moment they only dissapear instantly when running out. Just make it have more scales which will fall off by damage, making it more notable that your scales (and Iron skin) is falling off.

Or, for example: a certain videogame of (Not so)Lifeless Space, the player's character has a certain gear that integrates ressources, like a health management visible on his/her spine...

Scales, say 4 or 5, that peel away as damage is taken and Iron skin goes away; it could be on the spine or the helmet's back, somewhere conspicuous to the player. It could also act as an indication to your allies for when the Frontline isn't as secure.

Some other effect could be used in addition, a pattern like from scale mails on the limbs or something that fall as well, slighly more numerous than the current count. The ability's name is Iron Skin after all, not Iron Protusions.

Edited by Khtonios

Some other effect could be used in addition, a pattern like from scale mails on the limbs or something that fall as well, slighly more numerous than the current count. The ability's name is Iron Skin after all, not Iron Protusions.

idd that is what I was trying to state as well. Iron Skin is the name of the skill, which I expect to have the thickened skin more characteristic. And make the scales more eligtable for an indication system.

I don't like this idea. If you look at the frame you can see how the iron skin wears away as it takes damage. The less of the stuff covering the frame, the less "health" the skin has. It's pretty easy to tell how much more damage you can take before the skin is gone.

I don't like this idea. If you look at the frame you can see how the iron skin wears away as it takes damage. The less of the stuff covering the frame, the less "health" the skin has. It's pretty easy to tell how much more damage you can take before the skin is gone.

I'm sorry but between the 5000000 different explosions, light flares and other gfx crap on screen I really can't see anything anymore on my tenno itself.  A clear visible readable indicator would help a lot.  Certainly for planning your next move, "do I reapply ironskin or do a stomp with my last ounce of energy to get out of this mess."  Arbitrary example but you get my drift with this

i've noticed some kind of "wear" effect . sometimes the number of those crystal-thingies drops.. i'm not sure if it's due to my potato pc or it's a feature in the game :/

No, you are right. As Iron Skin depletes, those crystals start to fade away. However, in the heat of combat, it can be very hard to tell how many are left. It would be great to actually see a number count down. Nothing sucks more than charging into a group of enemies as Iron Skin runs out.

No, you are right. As Iron Skin depletes, those crystals start to fade away. However, in the heat of combat, it can be very hard to tell how many are left. It would be great to actually see a number count down. Nothing sucks more than charging into a group of enemies as Iron Skin runs out.

With all the explosions and other effects going around, fading away isn't really helpfull feedback though.  A clear informative bar would be a lot more deciding in the gameplay process of "should I engage or just wait a bit untill I can get rid of the old skin purposly, or risk it all and go into a bunchload of mobs"

• 1 month later...