Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can warframe have a happy ending?

Z_moon

Kuva, Lichs, Railjack, Steel Path, Deimos,Necramech...  Thanks very much for updating so many interesting things over the years.

Although there will be new ranks and new challenges.But as an explorer, I am more concerned about whether warframe can have a complete story.

When to explore the origin of the void, when the forces behind the scenes appear, when to break the void.Then the world lines of each Tenno are disconnected and the time lines are disordered.

In this way, we can hear the final elegy of the parent star, find the chaotic truth of the parent ship, and take ordis to witness the glory of Orokin and the rise of sentient, and explore freely in the  broken world.When in danger, you can leave a void mark and ask other Tenno to enter the world for a short time

.Finally, give ordis the highest authority and leave everything on board to the old chap.I'll find a place to rest.

I kinda would love a completed experience that is built atop upon better instead of the kinda uncontrolled growth into all directions it is now. Warframe's biggest problem has been analyzed to death by now and pretty much everyone agrees that the quo vadis could never be answered by the team.

So, yeah while I would like to have some kind of closure instead of one cliffhanger after another, that is not going to happen...

Probably not.  Rather, the devs will continue to develop new story arcs as long as it is financially viable, and when it becomes unviable then it will be wound down.  When she eventually needs to be put out to the pasture, then the hard question is how much effort will it warrant to develop a satisfying conclusion?  Given the abundance of lore already developed for the universe, even if the game needs to wind down, I would say the IP can still be worth quite a bit either as other forms of media or a sequel.  So I would guess that any form of conclusion might wrap up the Lotus - Tenno story arc, but still keep the universe at large intact for potential future developments.

you watch any anime story how many plot points do they go through?

in other words even when its all nicely tied up this is just the season fanally as next season will be around that has a different problem different main bad guy and the quest continues requiring travel to different locations that the main person has not been to or not been to in a while

so a better question is when will this story end and the next adventure start?

I hope when Warframe has its last quest everybody dies to the Sentients and their souls get sucked into a lovecraftian vortex of dark hell flame in the center of a vast dark cave that stretches as far as the eye could see if there were any light and the souls are slowly gobbled up by a giant nurgle-like beast where they fester inside its rotting gut for eternity after the sun fades forever and every speck of human civilization gets torn apart at the subatomic level by the dark hell flame where they periodically manifest in visions as twisted perversions of the world that used to be as the only form of solace the damned, festering souls can ever hope to experience in their eternal gut rotting torment.

Most likely, Warframe will share the same fate as pretty much all other "live service" games do. DE will keep trying to squeeze as much money out of it as they can, for as long as they can. The game will continue to get more and more grindy and manipulative in a desperate attempt to maximize profits for as long as possible. And once the profits finally drop below the costs, one of two things will happen. Either the game will simply shut down and we'll be left with nothing at all, or DE will sell it to some Reloaded type studio, that will "resurrect" it as an even more horribly monetized and anti-fun monstrosity.

We can only hope that DE will actually care enough to give us some nice, final, story ending update before any of that happens. But I wouldn't bet on it. Games like this only end in complete desperation. They never get to go out with a bang, because its hard to care about satisfying your audience when your whole studio is about to go under. But, that's what happens when you put all your eggs in one basket, and try to make money off of one single game for a decade.

On 2021-04-20 at 5:02 AM, Shadowbladedeathkiller said:

I hope when Warframe has its last quest everybody dies to the Sentients and their souls get sucked into a lovecraftian vortex of dark hell flame in the center of a vast dark cave that stretches as far as the eye could see if there were any light and the souls are slowly gobbled up by a giant nurgle-like beast where they fester inside its rotting gut for eternity after the sun fades forever and every speck of human civilization gets torn apart at the subatomic level by the dark hell flame where they periodically manifest in visions as twisted perversions of the world that used to be as the only form of solace the damned, festering souls can ever hope to experience in their eternal gut rotting torment.

and then big foot comes and sucks everyone toes and everyone lives

2 hours ago, (PSN)Kakurine2 said:

We become all powerful void gods. Stop wallie. Bring peace to both systems. Kill spacemom, ballas, and other villains.

Sounds good to me.

Pretty sure the new war will have us rescue space mom, so don't hold your breath.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Kakurine2 said:

It mite give us a choice. She is our enemy. And seems to have some trump card on us.

From a traditional narrative perspective, she is bound to be rescued/redeemed.  Now it would be a refreshing surprise if DE were to buck this trend and give us a choice on the matter.  But it would be a risky gamble and polarizing for half the player base, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

8 hours ago, MqToasty said:

From a traditional narrative perspective, she is bound to be rescued/redeemed.  Now it would be a refreshing surprise if DE were to buck this trend and give us a choice on the matter.  But it would be a risky gamble and polarizing for half the player base, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

I mean, it's video game tradition to have to punch the mind control out of somebody, so it's hardly like a vs Lotus boss fight is out of the question.

8 hours ago, MqToasty said:

Who knows. Saving the Lotus doesn't mean she'll be around afterwards or that she lives. There's so many more ways this story can be developed. People tend to look at this thing incredibly flat. That's why they don't write stories (or good ones). There's always more options to explore.

But a player choice? No, that simply will not happen.

2 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Who knows. Saving the Lotus doesn't mean she'll be around afterwards or that she lives. There's so many more ways this story can be developed. People tend to look at this thing incredibly flat. That's why they don't write stories (or good ones). There's always more options to explore.

But a player choice? No, that simply will not happen.

Using my own experiences here, every person who assumes the position of "Mission Control" or has lines that are well know are bound to enter the "Can I kill X?" category.

Lotus is in it.

Teshin is in it.

Syndicate Leaders are in it.

Darvo is in it.

Simaris is in it.

Cy is in it.

Maroo is in it.

Nora is in it.

Clem is in it.

Mission Control or recurring characters are eligible and anything is a good enough excuse.

"Oh, you were forced by your old oath and literally cant disobey? I released you from it, yes. But I cant trust you. Die."

"Oh, it was all in my head and never happened? Well, I cant know if its true or not. Die."

"Oh, you are doing because its efficient? You are just an unfeeling human-robot thing, die."

"Oh, you were brainwashed and forced to do things against me? Die."

"Oh, you SPEAK!?! Your death shall be legendary!"

Archived