Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can warframe have a happy ending?

Z_moon

5 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Using my own experiences here, every person who assumes the position of "Mission Control" or has lines that are well know are bound to enter the "Can I kill X?" category.

Lotus is in it.

Teshin is in it.

Syndicate Leaders are in it.

Darvo is in it.

Simaris is in it.

Cy is in it.

Maroo is in it.

Nora is in it.

Clem is in it.

Mission Control or recurring characters are eligible and anything is a good enough excuse.

"Oh, you were forced by your old oath and literally cant disobey? I released you from it, yes. But I cant trust you. Die."

"Oh, it was all in my head and never happened? Well, I cant know if its true or not. Die."

"Oh, you are doing because its efficient? You are just an unfeeling human-robot thing, die."

"Oh, you were brainwashed and forced to do things against me? Die."

"Oh, you SPEAK!?! Your death shall be legendary!"

Maybe it's my long day at work, but I don't really get what you're trying to say here.

20 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I mean, it's video game tradition to have to punch the mind control out of somebody, so it's hardly like a vs Lotus boss fight is out of the question.

Oh, that is definitely possible.  Just like with Teshin during The War Within.  But my money's on the Lotus being redeemed instead of killed off.

18 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Who knows. Saving the Lotus doesn't mean she'll be around afterwards or that she lives. There's so many more ways this story can be developed. People tend to look at this thing incredibly flat. That's why they don't write stories (or good ones). There's always more options to explore.

But a player choice? No, that simply will not happen.

While it is not impossible for the Lotus to be killed off, again I would not bet on that.  My money's on the more traditional narrative approach of letting this become a trial that you get to overcome; a rite of passage that sees you grow from being managed by the Lotus to becoming your own master and (probably) having the Lotus work for you.

1 minute ago, RazerXPrime said:

Maybe it's my long day at work, but I don't really get what you're trying to say here.

Might have be because you only joined the forums last year, so some context is needed.

People wanting Lotus to die has existed since before Natah Quest. Once Syndicates were intorduced and Death Squads came to knowledge, people have wanted to kill the Syndicate Leaders. Darvo's face model was of the OLD Ambulas Boss, and when he returned people wanted to kill him. Clem was been wanted dead since his reveal to be made an in-universe character because "memes have no place here". Teshin has been wanted dead because he was controlled by the Queens. Maroo was considered annoying and the fact that she shot YOU means that she is wanted dead...

You see, from a Meta perspective, every single character in this game has someone wishing for them to be killed. Lotus taking the spolight on "if she should die or be recovered" with a LOUD portion asking for DETH is not new. 

You said that people see this in a flat manner, so I just told you that: Yes, its flat and Lotus is not alone in her situation of "Life or death but I hope its death" and that it has been parroted for over 6 years and that she is not the sole character in this situation. In fact, my last line says it all: If it speaks, someone here wants them dead. People dont want complexity, dont want to be drawn into a story and stop to think, they want their flat, shallow wishes fulfilled and be done with it because reasons.

It becomes white noise.

Archived