Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adjustments to the Deimos arch-gun alt-fires

SasoDuck

The Deimos arch-guns (Mausolon, Cortege, Morgha) all have a super frustrating mechanic with their alt-fire modes: some sort of bizarre cooldown.
Now, I'm "fine" with adding a cooldown after shooting these admittedly-ridonkulous alt-fires, but two things need to happen with them:

1. There needs to be a visual indication of this cooldown. Ideally a meter on the reticle, but a visual overheating animation on the guns themselves (something like gas/flame venting) would also look pretty cool.
  2. Holding primary fire should resume shooting after the cooldown period. Right now, you have to release and re-press the trigger to continue firing primary after the alt-fire is used. This is annoying, especially without a visual cooldown indicator, as it leads to having to keep clicking and holding blindly until you begin firing again. You should be able to hold the trigger, hit the alt-fire, and (still holding) begin firing again once the cooldown is over.

These two adjustments would vastly improve the QoL of using the Deimos arch-guns.

3 hours ago, SasoDuck said:

some sort of bizarre cooldown.

it's called a reload. bizarre, I know! but the gun is reloading the alt fire and obviously cannot be used in primary fire.

there, you got an explanation, since the more reasonable "a free high powered burst/aoe/roomclear should have a price tag attached" seems bizarre.

5 hours ago, SasoDuck said:

The Deimos arch-guns (Mausolon, Cortege, Morgha) all have a super frustrating mechanic with their alt-fire modes: some sort of bizarre cooldown.

that's because they don't use a cooldown

they use a chargeup

the alt fire charges up based on how many kills you get with the primary fire

it's like the Soul Cube from Doom 3

Its indicated by the tiny blue bar under the targeting reticle

8 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

they use a chargeup

You are not understanding— I am not talking about the kills you have to get to charge the alt-fire.
After you shoot the alt-fire there is a period of cooldown where you cannot shoot the primary fire again. There is no UI or physical indication of this cooldown at all.

10 hours ago, Rawbeard said:

it's called a reload. bizarre, I know! but the gun is reloading the alt fire and obviously cannot be used in primary fire.

there, you got an explanation, since the more reasonable "a free high powered burst/aoe/roomclear should have a price tag attached" seems bizarre.

Why are you people missing the point of my post?
Not once did I say "get rid of the cooldown (or reload, whatever you want to call it)"

Reread the post to actually understand the suggestions I'm making.

13 hours ago, SteveCutler said:

I think the primary weapon Trumna also has this, although it's not quite as long. It is annoying. I'd like this to be fixed.

Yeah I tested it last night but forgot to comment: Trumna also works this way.

The worst offender of this is the cortege. It honestly males no sense to even bother with the alt fire of these weapons if they force reload. The whole premise of building up a meter means using that meter should be seen as a benefit not a hindrance.

Especially when there is no indicator showing how long the cooldown is between uses. I actively avoid using the alt fire for cortege because the damage output does not justify the horrible cooldown period.

9 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

they use a chargeup

Go grab the cortege. Fill the meter, use the alt fire then try to shoot the gun. This is what the tc is talking about. There is an unlisted cooldown after using the alt fire. 

2 hours ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

It is listed. Look at the fire rate on the alt.

Is that the stat that determines the cooldown? It would make sense because it feels like close to 4s before you can fire again (0.25 fire rate). If this is the case then they should simply buff the fire rate of the alt fire because 4s cooldown after shooting it is ridiculous. The primary fire held for 4s does comparable damage to one shot of the alt fire. I mean... technically it does way less damage but the application of status effects over that 4s can more than make up the difference in raw damage numbers.

Actually had a guy "how did you outdamage me" when he was playing Mirage and I was Chroma on infested survival. Using only Cortege. Outdamaged by a huge % as well (like 75% to 25%). Didn't even bother with the stupid alt fire.

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

Actually had a guy "how did you outdamage me" when he was playing Mirage and I was Chroma on infested survival. Using only Cortege. Outdamaged by a huge % as well (like 75% to 25%). Didn't even bother with the stupid alt fire.

Why would someone be confused a Chroma out-damaged them?

2 hours ago, SasoDuck said:

Why would someone be confused a Chroma out-damaged them?

Because I only used Cortege, which is a pretty unpopular arch weapon as far as I can tell.

Mirage also has clones + eclipse as well as my vex armor buff keeping their damage high.

On 2021-04-19 at 6:52 AM, Rawbeard said:

why are you missing the point of the cooldown?

Dude. Read the post.

I want a VISUAL REPRESENTATION of the cooldown, and to be able to hold down the primary trigger during cooldown so that when the cooldown is OVER, it starts shooting again, rather than only accepting input after the alt-fire has finished cooling down.

Literally just QoL, and nothing to do with getting rid of the cooldown.

On 2021-04-19 at 6:52 AM, Rawbeard said:

why are you missing the point of the cooldown?

Here's a graph to explain what I mean:

wnSwA8J.png

Notice how the cooldown (blue line) is still the same— not trying to get rid of it
I just don't want to have to unclick and reclick primary fire

Archived