Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corrupted Mods Need A Buff

Shadow-Blades

Looking through some of my corrupted mods I noticed some where badly balanced when compared with others. Here's a few examples.

Well balanced:

250px-OverextendedMod.pngStretchMod.png

BlindRageMod.png250px-FocusMod.png

250px-TaintedClipMod.pngSlipMagazineMod.png

Badly balanced:

250px-HeavyCaliberMod.pngSerrationMod.png

250px-BurdenedMagazineMod.pngAmmoStockMod.png

250px-MagnumForceMod.pngHornetStrikeMod.png

As you can see the well balanced mods have about double the increase stat of the equivalent standard mod but has a decrease in another area and costs a little more. But with the baldy balanced ones often have the same or less of the increase stat, but have a decrease stat and sometimes cost more.

I mean the Burdened Magazine mod is pathetic. I just got it from derelict vault and it sucks. It offers the same increase as ammo stock, but reduces reload speed and costs 4 points more! That's insane!

Edited by Shadow-Blades

All Corrupted mods suck anyways.

Not exactly. Heavy Caliber on the Soma is amazing, since Soma has so much accuracy. I think the point of corrupted mods is that they work well on some (Read: Soma + Heavy Caliber) But on others, like Ogris and Heavy Caliber, it doesn't work so well.

So really, it's kinda hit or miss.

Consider that you can stack them with their non-corrupted versions.

How do you suggest DE address this?

Your arguement is invalid. The good mods like Overextended and Blind Rage are stackable with non-corrupted mods too, and they're have a higher buff compared to their non-corrupted counter parts.

Blind Rage has almost double the stat of Focus, it costs the same, and it can be upgraded more than Focus.

Magnum Force costs the same, but has less than a third of the stat of Hornet Strike and it has a debuff.

Not to mention that all of the corrupted mods are Rare. Making some cost much more to upgrade than the equivalent non-corrupted mod.

Edited by Shadow-Blades

Consider that you can stack them with their non-corrupted versions.

How do you suggest DE address this?

Uhm, Nightmare mods with ZERO negatives stack as well. If Corrupted mods are OP then damn, let's nerf all Nightmare mods to 50% of their current strength. Hell, with your logic, let's nerf their potency AND only make it help 1 stat. Even then they'd be better than some Corrupted mods.

The lack of the ability to fully understand issues never ceases to amaze me. -_-

Your assertion is incorrect.

Mag with Focus + Stretch + Streamline + Blind Rage = Pulls that do 700 damage and cost 30 power, because Streamline cancels out most the negatives of Blind Rage.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=190067650

Not exactly. Heavy Caliber on the Soma is amazing, since Soma has so much accuracy. I think the point of corrupted mods is that they work well on some (Read: Soma + Heavy Caliber) But on others, like Ogris and Heavy Caliber, it doesn't work so well.

Nope, they suck and that is my opinion. There's nothing incorrect with my opinion either. Deal with it.

Your arguement is invalid. The good mods like Overextended and Blind Rage are stackable with non-corrupted mods too, and they're have a higher buff compared to their non-corrupted counter parts.

You are comparing warframe mods with weapon mods.

Don't do that.

Weapon stats are vastly less "balanced" against each other than warframe powers. Meaning, giving Magnum Force +20% damage per level will turn weapons like Acrid or Twin Gremlins into unstoppable face-melters, no matter the enemy or their levels (and who cares about accuracy, you can shoot them up close).

You are comparing warframe mods with weapon mods.

Don't do that.

Weapon stats are vastly less "balanced" against each other than warframe powers. Meaning, giving Magnum Force +20% damage per level will turn weapons like Acrid or Twin Gremlins into unstoppable face-melters, no matter the enemy or their levels (and who cares about accuracy, you can shoot them up close).

Not sure if you noticed but hotfix a while ago now lets Acrid use Heavy Calibre. Also Tainted Clip is a weapon mod. It's the only good corropted clip size mod out of the three.

Not sure if you noticed but hotfix a while ago now lets Acrid use Heavy Calibre. Also Tainted Clip is a weapon mod. It's the only good corropted clip size mod out of the three.

How is Acrid allowed to use a rifle mod?

I never realized that Magnum Force was so great.   I can't wait to get that on my Acrid with Lethal Torret, Barrel Diffusion, and Hornet Strike, and melt 'elite' enemies even faster.  According to wiki: Damage increase value of this mod stacks additively with that of Hornet Strike to a total of +286% additive of damage (instead of 220% from Hornet Strike alone).  If I'm guessing correctly, the -accuracy should cause my bullets to spread out more.  I always shoot 2 darts and sometimes 3 with my mods; therefore it should be turning my Acrid into an amazing shotgun-like handcannon.

I think Heavy calibre is fine as is, as it boosts base damage and as such also any other damage mod (beside base damage) you have equiped. Same can probably be said about Magnum as Hornet strike has a higher bonus then serration and multishot on pistols goes to 120 with a single mod.

From my experience (and this is usually only for infested, as they group together a lot more) Ogris with Split Chamber and Heavy Caliber work fantastically 

As you can see the well balanced mods have about double the increase stat of the equivalent standard mod but has a decrease in another area and costs a little more. But with the baldy balanced ones often have the same or less of the increase stat, but have a decrease stat and sometimes cost more.

I mean the Burdened Magazine mod is pathetic. I just got it from derelict vault and it sucks. It offers the same increase as ammo stock, but reduces reload speed and costs 4 points more! That's insane!

nothing to say about the useless "well-balance" mods.

as for the additional base dmg. you'r exchanging X for additional Y dmg... so i dont really see the point of complainning... higher dmg per ammo = better ammo efficient...

if u want accuracy. remove the C mods.

want additional dmg? go close-range and add in those C mods...

Edit: Sniper-class weapons hardly benefit from these..

Edited by low1991

OP is bad or devoid of intellect. Pick.

You think the ability to stack two damage mods is bad? LOL.

I choose to pick that you are devoid of intellect, investigative abilities and are instead full of snap judgements and snark - until proven otherwise - because of the following example of how badly balanced these cards are:

Hornet Strike: +220% damage

Magnum Force: +66% damage - 33% accuracy

With Hornet Strike the relevant damage increase of Magnum Force is:

66/320 = 20.625%

for a straight trade off of -33% accuracy.

If I'm missing my mark 33% more then I'm dealing far less damage in shots missing their target than the card is improving the shots that are hitting, even if the missed shots hit other body parts when they wouldn't have normally as those are usually heavier armoured.

In the end, the OP has made a very good point that should have been addressed even before the cards were released. DE needs better eyes for balance. To me, Magnum Force should be +damage +recoil anyway.

Edited by J-Pax

This is a direct quote from the Warframe News Board:

"Once the Vault is open, retrieve the contents and complete the mission. 
Successfully complete the mission and your reward will be one of 16 new Corrupted Mods. Each mod offers incredible benefits while also inflicting a negative effect."

It says incredible benefits. That means it should be more than the equivalent non-corrupted mod.

Edited by Shadow-Blades

Hornet Strike: +220% damage

Magnum Force: +66% damage - 33% accuracy

With Hornet Strike the relevant damage increase of Magnum Force is:

66/320 = 20.625%

for a straight trade off of -33% accuracy.

Let's play math with the Brakk, the Vasto, and the Acrid, which does 150, 50, and 25 damage respectively.

150 + 220% = 480

150 + 286% = 579

50 + 220% = 160

50 + 286% = 193

25 + 220% = 80

25 + 286% = 96.5

Magnum Force looks pretty attractive on that Brakk.  That's 14 points and a hell of a lot of fusions, but if I had nothing else to pursue I'd be on it.