Is public Spy vault etiquette still a thing?

As I first started playing and looked up information on Spy missions, I remember seeing people saying that you should only enter a spy vault if you hacked the door, or if alarms have already been triggered and you can save it.  The basic idea is that, whoever reached the door and hacked it first owns the vault so unless they trigger alarms, you should let them take a shot at it and not risk triggering the alarm and ruining it for everyone.

While I still abide by it (whenever I accidentally end up in an opened vault, I back out ASAP), more and more I've seen folks rush in after others and, more often than not, end up triggering the alarm and end up failing it.  While some were obviously new players who do not know any better, I've seen it happen often enough that I wonder if the rule is simply outdated now?

So I ask the community: Is this still a thing?  Do you still abide by vault etiquette when playing public Spy missions?  Do other players you encounter abide by them, or do they just rush (and probably fail)?

• Like 1

its a mixed bag ,

its not often that multiple people try to enter a vault at the same time,

I , personally, stay outside if someone is already in it.

Most other players i interact with also abide by it (although i do request in the beginning to only enter vaults if you are confident of completing it),

But there are occasions when they do not (i accidentally entered a few times cause my UI was glitchy too.)

• Like 2

Most of the time, people do that. But i really think that when people are playing the game in autopilot, they might enter in the vault (as it's already open) and go on, without noticing they didn't hack the first door beforehand.

Also, I'm pretty convinced that outside of sorties, people don't care. They just want to trigger any alarm as soon as the objective is reached (one or two data centers hacked).

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, MqToasty said:

So I ask the community: Is this still a thing?  Do you still abide by vault etiquette when playing public Spy missions?  Do other players you encounter abide by them, or do they just rush (and probably fail)?

I am veteran enough to remember Spy 1.0 and the introduction of Spy 2.0, and I have never heard of this "etiquette".

The rare times I pub a spy mission, I clearly state which Vault I'm going to take and I have found no one comes in to ruin my skulking.

• Like 2

When ever I run spy, I usually check the Minimap and see where people are heading. If not l say where I'm going an I keep a finger above an air support charge if I need to bail out the genius who makes a mistake. But then again I run a prowl Ivara so I don't trip it up.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, MqToasty said:

more and more I've seen folks rush in after others and, more often than not, end up triggering the alarm and end up failing it

I notice another thing, people spending A LOT of time on a single vault, still triggering it and failing it. And I'm not talking about mr1 excals out there, much higher ones(mr20+), that's why I usually say mr doesn't matter at all.

And that's why I forgo the courtesy of waiting around for 10-15 minutes(and that's not an exaggeration it happened to me a couple of times) for the others to finish the remaining 2 vaults and just do them myself and I don't care if the other one is in. There are countless times that I did all 3 vaults and waited at the extraction.

All that said that's how randoms work. I just don't count on the other ones to be fast. If they are the mission is over for a minute or two, there are couple cases like this too, but not all the time.

Newer player here. I avoid heading to a vault if someone else already beat me to it. I'll just head to the next vault.

But if two tennos happens to be in the same vault, i tend to think that all is fair. Even if i hack door but somebody else beat me to the console, as long as the mission is completed, I don't feel offended.

At the end of the day, warframe is a co-op game. Whatever artificial "competition" that might happen between the players are pale in comparison when all four players get a legendary core. The rewards is all that matters.

If i feel that i want to enjoy gameplay, and the means happen to matter more to me than the end goal, i play solo.

So to answer your question, it might not. The only "etiquette" i know is to wait for others on elevators. Other than that, sometimes i shoot doors that have lasers, and step off the extraction zone if someone doesn't have enough fissures, but that's it.

Edited by Soy77
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

If you go into public match expecting other players to well behave and listen to each other 

Once upon a time, they did. At least as often as not. 

The past is a another country. They do things differently there. 

Nowadays, spy missions are solo only. I don't recall the last time I did one in public, but I seem to remember serial failures, which prompted the 'solo-only' policy. 

1 per vault seems like an unwritten rule in my experience. I don't go into a vault that is already being infiltrated and most people seem to fall in line with the same principle.

As usual, the comments seem filled with people expressing their staggering 0 faith in humanity. Sadge.

4 hours ago, maycne.sonahoz said:

It's not etiquette, it's common sense : the more people in a vault, the higher the risk to trigger an alarm and fail it.

Neither of which can be relied upon to be present in a public match.