Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30: Sevagoth + Epitaph Feedback Megathread (Closed)

[DE]CoreyOnline

Hello Tenno!

Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii is live on all platforms and we are looking to hear your thoughts on the brand new Warframe, Sevagoth! With Update 30, we are continuing with our new Trello Board approach from last month to communicate known bugs, fixed bugs, and popular feedback submitted by you, the community! To see a list of known bugs and fixed issues, please check out our new Trello Board: [U30 Trello Link!]

You will also be able to see notifications of changes and fixes by joining our official Discord Channel, found here: [Discord Link!]

NEW WARFRAME: SEVAGOTH
The storm-swept, Void-wandering Warframe has returned to harvest living souls. Send forth his Shadow to reap the life of the unwary.

PASSIVE
On death, become Sevagoth's Shadow and fight to resurrect him by collecting the souls needed to rebuild his tombstone.

REAP
Sevagoth's Shadow flies outward ravaging enemies in his path. Survivors are damaged by Death’s Harvest over time. The souls of the dead fill the Death Well.

SOW
Plant a death seed in nearby targets to drain their lifeforce. Reap what has been sown to detonate afflicted enemies, dealing a percentage of their health as radial damage. The souls of the dead fill the Death Well.

GLOOM
Summon a radial pulse wave that ensnares and slows enemies, siphoning their lifeforce for the Death Well. Allies within the wave steal health with each attack.

EXALTED SHADOW
When the Death Well fills, Sevagoth's Shadow form is ready to be released. Tear the enemy asunder with a collection of melee-focused abilities.

EMBRACE
Ghostly hands pull enemies into a flailing mass.

CONSUME
Dash through enemies and rip out their souls to heal Shadow.

DEATH’S HARVEST
Inflict nearby enemies with a harrowing condition.

REUNITE
Sevagoth and his Shadow become one.

EPITAPH
Sevagoth's wrist-mounted sidearm fires a chilling slow-moving slab, guaranteed to slow enemies for easier marksmanship. Charge the shot to fire a punishing high-velocity, high critical chance slab that punches through barriers. Deals additional headshot damage in Sevagoth's hands.

Please use this thread to let us know your feelings on the following:

• Sevagoth: general gameplay, passive and abilities
  • Exalted Shadow: general gameplay and abilities
  • Epitaph: stats, function, etc.

If you want to let us know your feedback, please make sure that you do so in a civil and constructive manner. Read our How to Provide Good Constructive Feedback thread before posting.

If you like something, let us know! If you do not like an element of Sevagoth’s design, then tell us what it is, and what you would change to make it better! If you have encountered a bug with any of the new content items, be sure to submit a bug report over on our Bug-Hunting Megathread!

For some Tenno, this may be your first time experiencing the changes to Railjack that released on PC last month! If you do not have a bug, and simply want to share feedback on some aspect of the new Railjack, please use our dedicated feedback megathreads:

UPDATE: MAY 04 2021

We have officially started winding down the Update 30: Bug + Feedback Tracking board and are now closing the dedicated Update 30 subforum and megathreads. We are shifting resources and focus onto the next upcoming release for Warframe: The Sisters of Parvos! We have done a final sweep of the top recent Sevagoth and Epitaph feedback in this thread prior to locking and any workable feedback will be reviewed.

As we conclude our first trial run of a public tracking board, we want to thank everyone who shared bug reports and feedback in the dedicated megathreads. Your participation was invaluable and we look forward to our next board when The Sisters of Parvos releases, which will continue this experiment to share known issues and feedback in an organized fashion.

This is a small visual thing but I think while Sevagoth's shadow is out via the 1 ability or the 4 ability the fx of his physical shadow should disappear. Idk how hard that'd be to program so might not be worth it. But would be a cool little detail to add. 

Overall view:
Frame is well made and thought out, has alot to bring to the table and with few tweaks he should gain his full strength since he lacks in strength when it comes to high level missions.

- Low energy pool on both, sevagoth and shadow which forces to either go full efficiency or flow(does not support variety of builds or low efficiency build)

- Low armor/health values, while having low health on sevagoth is okay his armor should be somewhat higher since on higher lvl missions he basically can't survive enough to get shadow moving especially that his armor values are lower than xaku's or other squishy frames while others have some defence mechanism sevagoth does only have lifesteal which is definitely not working when he gets constantly oneshooted, his armor should be around 200-300. Shadow on the other side should be tanky and his low health pool does not support his playstyle while having reasonable armor value, his health is really low for "exalted frame" which is designed for close range fights and he gets melted just bcs of low health pool which should be around 400 at max rank for decent fighting capabilities.

- Reap is great ability, works amazing, only thing i would add is for shadow to circle around sevagoth on basis instead of going straight line or at least go from enemy to enemy. Not needed just QOL since telling him constantly to change positions makes it harder to focus on other things.

- Sow, while i understand need for low damage, this one has it way too low especially that we don't know if passive %hp dmg accualy scales with ability strength/range(seems like it does not which makes this ability quite useless) so the change i would give is to instead of dealing static dmg just deal up to % of max hp of enemy per sec at max rank. Since the passive does not work well and the damage is on low side i'd say unify it and make it aoe % hp dmg.

- Gloom, amazing ability. Only would reduce visual effect since it blinds if someone has flying companion(helios, carrier etc.) and a bit of lower lifesteal but maybe thats just me feeling it's a bit too high.

- Passive, great i love that its an execution skill, the only thing i don't think should stay as it is, is shadow's dash, its ground dash while he's shadow after all, allow him all direction dashes with targeted focus so he could fly up aswell. give it 1-2m radius for hitting and that way in passive and Consume it would work way better (since it feels quite raw to use it now) and definitely needs range reduction, dash is too high for closed spaces giving hard time to hit anything or even use it as a movement skill. About 9m is what it should be. Passive after reviving should move sevagoth to place where we consumed last target intead of getting us back all the way.

- Embrace, great cc skill, only thing is that i would allow for higher angles, other than that ability is perfect as it is.

- Consume, Overall great idea but as mentioned in passive, should allow for all direction movement not only "ground dash" and distance is too high.

- Death's harvest, perfect syngergy with embrace, and overall way of how shadow works. Maybe a bit too high Damage vulnerability values(would drop by 10%).

Other things:

- Noble animation set does not "summon shadow" while idle, which kind of makes agile animation more detailed. Adding shadow simply repeating motion of sevagoth would definitely make the choice more complicated since right now agile animation is the way to go.

- Shadow can't copy colors of sevagoth.(Edit: it's in the game, either i missed it or little bug occured.)

- Shadow casted by Reap does not open doors(not much of a problem, just felt weird)

- Speed of shadow/sevagoth compared to dashes is way out of proportions(they feel really slow, both of thier shift-dash feel overly dynamic in animation compared to the speed of frame while consume dashes 100km/h)

- Eros wings ephemera clips through shadow.

- Edit: Would be great to be able to switch between shadow/sevagoth in relays/dojo/orbiter etc.

Overally great frame, just a bit tweaking needed from my point of view. Would love some of suggested tweaks/changes to appear since they would definitely improve QOL aswell as how the frame works by making him more usefull/good to play with instead of giving him power.

nhGNrhZ.jpg

This indication for Gloom was just a very bad choice. This is what it looks like on a sentinel with energy color set to smoke black, the least opaque color choice I can think of, and it still obscures like 1/3 of my screen if I look down even slightly. And it does this for everyone that is in the AOE with a sentinel. PLEASE do something about this. For now, I'm band aiding it by not using it and putting Dispensary in its place.

1 hour ago, PlanckZero said:

Sevagoth, the "#*!% you, go buy some forma" frame.  No polarity on his aura slot, no polarity on his shadow's aura slot, no polarity on the shadows exalted weapon's stance.

Who the #*!% thought  this would be a good idea?

And two innate polarities on the frame itself as well as the shadow. Forma is easy to get.

When you announced, that Sevagoth will get it´s own quest, one did naturally assume we will get the parts for Sevagoth thru it´s quest - not by endlessly farming what has to be one the longest missions in game. 

29 minutes ago, disrawtomato said:

When you announced, that Sevagoth will get it´s own quest, one did naturally assume we will get the parts for Sevagoth thru it´s quest - not by endlessly farming what has to be one the longest missions in game. 

Why would you assume this?

Warframe has a long history of quests unlocking the blueprint only and farming for parts...

I have put 16 17 forma on Sevagoth, (main frame/shadow form/claws) two of which were umbral, and im giving a fair shot on my new main frame, Tested on healthy amounts on Kuva survival and other game-modes in steel-path, and i can SAFELY SAY this is one of the only Warframes that require NO changes, as i feel he was released in a comfy state.

He has been released in a state where my first impressions with him were amazing (a sentiment seemed to be shared by a lot of people), even if you want to go head on building Sevagoth, you have to be prepared for the forma hell that is building him. And, after so much investment, you get a solid frame, at which his power level is comparable to something akin to Nidus, which i'd also argue is one of the most well-designed warframes. All of his abilities work organically among each other, none of them can be deemed replaceable, bad, or even overpowered.

This is a Warframe that doesn't trivialize content (Limbo) or is completely bonkers strong on current content (Saryn), but dare i say, a well-balanced character, that stands alongside Nidus as probably one of the most well-designed warframes to exist now, althrough this is subjective.

EDIT:
After experiencing Sevagoth to almost his fullest extent together with some friends, I was able to gather more feedback into Sevagoth as a character and what works and doesn't. Althrough the character's current state is rather comfortable - there is a consensus on how clunky Sevagoth feels to play, sometimes a bit unsatisfying, which might turn off players that want to try Sevagoth out.  I will suggest some changes that could be made to improve Sevagoth's gameplay into being more fun and intuitive:

Sow - Reap combo: while it can be spammed for Damage, it doesn't feel good or immediate and "chunky", leaving a lot of players dissatisfied with its performance, considering it has a hard time dealing with even medium leveled high armored targets. Players prefer a much more immediate reaction to their inputs so my suggestion for a change: Improve Sevagoth's 2 - 1 combo to deal triple the damage it does now, or make it scale multiplicatively based on the amount of targets affected by Sow, of course, capped (10x as an example), and, in turn, Reap could have its casting cost be increased slightly (from 25 to 30), to discourage spam, as he is already very energy hungry. That way, casting Sow and Reap feel satisfying to use as one big nuke player can rely on.

Sow itself: Sow at its current state isn't very useful, besides being a gateway into Sevagoth's 2 - 1 combo, even then, it has its fair share of problems that play into making Sevagoth feel clunky. For one it cannot be recasted if enemies are still being affected by it, which doesn't feel good when you dont know the location of the enemy itself, since Sow goes through walls in a relatively large range, which feels HORRIBLE. A simple and elegant solution is making Sow be a line of sight ability, or/and have it be recastable, that way the ability feels much more intuitive to use.  

Consume: Consume, Sevagoth's shadow form 2nd ability feels bad to use for the simple fact that even after hitting an enemy, Consume continues its momentum forward, meaning you might miss your target, or even be flung to inconvenient places, that doesn't feel very good for anyone trying to use the ability, and because of that, players are more or so incentivized to simply recast Shadow form to receive health back, and that shouldn't be the case.

This isn't a "boohoo sevagoth cant nuke the planet" complaint, more or so feedback based on how sevagoth FEELS, and I think in gamedesign , that is VERY important

result of 1 hour kuva survival, didn't break a sweat.

I gotta say... I am mildly triggered by the umbra forma on a non prime warframe thing... I know umbra forma aren't near as hard to get as they used to be but I am having a hard time adapting to the idea of putting one on a frame that I will eventually retire once the prime comes out.

Having said that I have also enjoyed Sevagoth thus far. I haven't put any forma in yet but I do enjoy his kit. 

How does his dying mechanic scale with enemies? Is it useful at sortie level or higher?

20 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

I gotta say... I am mildly triggered by the umbra forma on a non prime warframe thing... I know umbra forma aren't near as hard to get as they used to be but I am having a hard time adapting to the idea of putting one on a frame that I will eventually retire once the prime comes out.

Having said that I have also enjoyed Sevagoth thus far. I haven't put any forma in yet but I do enjoy his kit. 

How does his dying mechanic scale with enemies? Is it useful at sortie level or higher?

Bah! knowing how long it will take for Sevagoth prime to come out, im not afraid to do this investment now, and keep it as a reminder of my investment to this warframe, and im sure that until then i can get more umbral forma no problem.

His passive is good at surviving higher levels - but by no means should it be your only means at keeping him alive (brief respite with Aegis is a good idea), there is a point where it becomes hard - but not unmanageable, the main idea being to target fodder enemies, that are still pretty killable even at 150+ steelpath levels, in a way he feels like Nidus, but trading his survivability (since Nidus is neigh-on immortal), for much more area clearing+DPS.

1 minute ago, TheMightyDungeonMaster said:

Bah! knowing how long it will take for Sevagoth prime to come out, im not afraid to do this investment now, and keep it as a reminder of my investment to this warframe, and im sure that until then i can get more umbral forma no problem.

His passive is good at surviving higher levels - but by no means should it be your only means at keeping him alive (brief respite with Aegis is a good idea), there is a point where it becomes hard - but not unmanageable, the main idea being to target fodder enemies, that are still pretty killable even at 150+ steelpath levels, in a way he feels like Nidus, but trading a his survivability (since Nidus is neigh-on immortal), for much more area clearing+DPS.

That's exactly what I was hoping. Inaros' death passive is garbage and I wasn't sure if Sevagoth was in the same boat.

Do you know if the shadow, while in bleedout, is maintaining the claw mods when dealing damage to enemies?

6 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

That's exactly what I was hoping. Inaros' death passive is garbage and I wasn't sure if Sevagoth was in the same boat.

Do you know if the shadow, while in bleedout, is maintaining the claw mods when dealing damage to enemies?

Im not sure yet but im gonna do more simulacrum damage testing and calculations - but, when your passive activates, you're only able to use "consume" (shadow's 2nd ability) which is affected by Strength - but im not sure if its affected by his claws. 

Hey guys. Sevagoth is cool, but man this 'no bloodrush' on exalted thing is really ancient now. It should have went away when Blood Rush & everything else was changed. Look at exalted usage... every single one of them are terrible for melee. With Excals being the only acceptable one and it's barely that because the stance pulls you all around and life strike doesn't work on the waves since no more channeling. I don't even touch him anymore. 

But Sevagoth's is terrible in Steel Path. And the hard part is that you actually want to nerf melee. Which is crazy to me. Wukong's most replaced ability I'm guessing is his staff. valkyr's 4 works occasionally but only because you're also invincible. take that away and it's not great anymore. And now sevagoths. Despite being 4.5 meters at max range it *feels* extremely bad for whatever reason. Almost like range isn't working. And without blood rush, we either have to forma even more, or not use it. 

The energy drain on Sev's 3 is way too harsh. He has 188 base energy... 740 health with vitality... 110 armor. AKA, his 3 must *always* be on. And even with 175% efficiency and 105% duration, I'm always out of energy. Because you have to cast two other abietites as well, all the time, in order to use the shadow. And even at 12.5 & 6.5 energy per cast for those, and max energize, my energy is always gone. every time I look. EDIT: Oh, now I see why. because it went over so well on Xaku, you decided to make Sevagoth's 3 (the only thing that keeps him alive) cost 50 energy (out of 188) as well as be channeled with increasing drain to TEN per second, while also not be able to get energy from anything but orbs. I just can't understand some of these decisions sometimes guys. Please, try the frame. Just try it. Not on paper. Go and do a 15 minute T4 survival fissure alone. I'll wait. 

As with every frame released anymore, it also takes a very long time to cast. natural talent shouldn't be needed when your survivability is the cost of a slow cast. It just feels bad. And there's no real reason for it. He isn't nuking anything, that's for sure. 

His passive is either broken, or was created with broken in mind, because I couldn't use my melee. Like, lack luster as they are lol I'd still like to at least do something other than "reave" around trying to kill Steel Path enemies. Jokes aside, You can't cast anything but shadow's 2 while in 'inaros dead' mode. If that's intentional then... oof. Someone needs to test these things out and see if it feels good on content like Corpus RJ where even tank frames get downed. 

Oh right, one more thing. What I'd pay to have something released together

• have matching materials.
  • Have matching color channels.
  • have working and matching dual energy colors when I've spent the forma needed to get them.
  • have sensible scaling on ALL armor pieces in the game done - I paid real life money to get all my primed armor; the least that could be done is having normalized color channels and not having them look the way Acanthus does on most frames (5x too big)

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Sevagoth shadow needs to be able to use ephemeras. Even if it’s just the body effect ones and not the step, Eros, or vengeful impact ones.

I made the bleeding body ephemera specifically because I thing it would look really cool in Sevs shadow.

You can attach ephemera to sevagoth's shadow in shadow's appearance once he's unlocked(10 rank on sevagoth).

Sevagoth's 1 doesn't follow your reticle if you ADS with melee fully-equipped, and the shadow also seems to get stuck on obstacles/walls and when that happens, it doesn't respond to ADS or turn at all. Please give the shadow some sort of AI so it can chase enemies down without requiring your full attention/direction.

The energy drain for Sevagoth's 3 is a bit rough, you really have to build for efficiency on him, and his low energy pool and lack of energy regen options doesn't help.

Sevagoth's shadow can use ephemeras but it seems that you can't change the color of them, since the shadow lacks an energy color sector, only having an emissive.

Please give the shadow claws' stance mod some mod capacity (and all other exalted stances too, please).

Sevagoth is ridiculously forma-heavy. Sevagoth doesn't have an aura polarity at all, he needs TWO exilus adapters, his claws have no polarities OR capacity from the stance. I feel sorry for anyone that ends up really enjoying him, and what's keeping me from liking him (aside from small flaws that I've mentioned before); the amount of investment he needs is insane, umbral forma'ing both him and/or his shadow/claws, potential aura forma, even regular forma, and all just to have it be completely wasted once the prime eventually comes.

Archived