Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30: Sevagoth + Epitaph Feedback Megathread (Closed)

[DE]CoreyOnline

Bug

So randomly when Im using Sevagoth my abilities will stay toggled. By this I mean to activate abilities on xbox you must hold RB to toggle to the abilities panel and press A, B, X , or Y to use one of their abilities, sometimes while using Sevagoth it’ll be stuck toggled on the abilities as if I’m holding RB(which Im not). I notice this happens a lot mostly when I switch between him and his Shadow. It isn’t my controller either since I swapped to a diff controller when it started annoying me and it still happened. It drains a ton of energy and makes all of my buttons unusable, confusing the heck out of me. I can undo the forced toggle by simply pressing RB myself but still. It’s very disorientating and a bit of a buzzkill when I’m fighting and all of a sudden I cast three of his abilities and cant jump, reload, or swap weapons.

BUG: frequently after using Sevagoth 4th as Shadow to return to normal frame, game thinks I'm still pressing RB - so next button presses are done as if RB is held.

PLATFORM: XBOX

STEPS TO REPRODUCE: RB+Y to exit shadow form then press other keys.

WORK AROUND - always do transference after returning to shadow form.

It does not happen in the other direction (going from Sevagoth to shadow)

1 hour ago, MrFrog9 said:

Because of this I would say that Sevagoth is actually quite survivable -- certainly more than his frail stats would suggest -- on account of him having multiple forms of self-healing, a JoJo Stand that takes damage for him while he chills and recovers, and a passive that pretty much amounts to "you have to die twice to actually die".

I'm guessing you haven't done much steel path have you? Cuz your shadow can die in your activated passive. Plus getting two shot and triggering passive every 10 seconds isn't super fun. You can seemingly one shot *most* things. Some units seem immune and only get cc'd by it. But I was doing a mobile defense and couldn't even complete 1 of them. I was dying just trying to make it to the first location. Yeah sure I triggered shadow. Then gotta go around hunting things to revive only to die a few seconds later. The dash attack as shadow is ridiculously clunky even though it one shots I can still run out of time (with a boost to the time from the mod) because no matter how many time I charge things it doesn't *hit* for some reason. Or I miss so many times that I am not self healing at all and getting nuked down. Not to mention how damn long it takes to activate shadow in steel path. I couldn't even use exalted shadow only passive. Couldn't get enough kills fast enough I was being 1 or 2 shot and there was like 20 things on me in level 110 steel path. "Dying isn't a big deal on him" Well second chance mechanic is great. But it isn't helpful if it triggers every  5 seconds because of how squishy you are. I even had vitality on both seva and shadow. He is in a desperate need of straight buff to his core stats. Triggering shadow is fine. But it should be about as frequent in steel path as triggering the survivability effect on nidus. On defense or mobile defense, or survival. I trigger it MAYBE once a minute. And usually if I fail to CC or dodge out of a powerful attack. And the only defensive mod I use on him is vitality. If I could live a minute without triggering my passive on sevagoth that'd be an actual dream. 

Someone else proposed having seva's 1 key attract fire. That would help a lot without needing to buff his stats too much. It also needs to move faster, have a simple ai to target baddies and be able to hit enemies more than once. Why last 5 seconds and be able to fly around if you can only hit enemies once? But I still think he needs more energy then he has and slightly more health. 150 energy and 150 health base. Shadow needs 150 energy. Reduce cost of 3. and 300-400 health base. He's all about life steal but life steal means nothing if you one shot. Claws need to have their damage increased by shadow strengths not sevagoth. Claws need a much longer base range. Considering their visual size they should have 3.0  base but I'd settle for 2.5. Sevagoth is incredibly squishy and needs to move out of area of effects so increase his base speed to 1.0 at least. Shadows 2 should function like Atlas' 1 imho. Not like we can actually dash through and hit them all anyways when it does lock on (which is rare) it kind of does an awkward uppercut which damages the main target and those directly around it. Something like that but make it lock on easier like atlas' 1 would help a lot. Sev's 3 needs to be duration based. Sev's 2 needs to be more visually clear and be recastable/spammable. ALL of these changes might put him on par with Nidus. Though I think Nidus would still thrive more on long endless missions and bosses.

Maybe they added damage falloff since it's a radial True damage per second debuff without line-of-sight checks. On paper that sounds powerful, in practice it makes Sow a Death Well primer, over-time Gloom lifestealer, and a pseudo-enemy radar with the damage numbers.

On a side note, has anyone figured out the % that Reap + Sow deals? Does it scale with Ability Strength and Range? Seems like it is radial Radiation damage since Armor makes the damage dip hard at higher levels.

1. Sevagoth's Shadow Claw has a bug that is unaffected by the 'Power Spike' in Naramon Focus.

The Melee Combo Stack is initialized even though the Focus setting has been checked.

2. Sevagoth's Shadow's attack motion is often stiffened, and there are bugs where heavy attacks don't work at all.

Parkour, Aim Glide, and moving figures work normally.

(My English is not good enough, so I used the Papago translator.)

20 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

I'm liking Formagoth for the most part.  I really only have 3 issues with him.

• Absurd forma investment costs.  It's just nakedly greedy.  At least put a polarity or two on his claws.  I'm someone who has a forma building every day, so it's whatever.  But he still made a decent dent in my forma pile, which I will feel more acutely when the Queenpins wake up from their sleep in the cold below.
  • Pokemon aesthetics.  The shadow looks goofy when it's idling, and downright cartoonish when it's moving.  Its animations could use some more attention.
  • Invisi-Sow.  The Sow/Reap combo seems to be where a lot of Formagoth's damage comes from.  So why is it virtually impossible to tell when Sow is on an enemy?  This wouldn't even really matter if we could recast it while it's active.  But we can't, so then I have to go find the tiny little ticks of true damage numbers to hunt down the sole survivor so that I can recast.  Sow is probably my biggest complaint about Formagoth.

Others have discussed the wonky aiming/movement on Reap.  And I agree, to an extent.  But it has a decent sized radius with my build, and it's also Formagoth's only real recastable ability for shield gating, so I've just been spamming it as needed.  I don't run Blind Rage, so it hasn't been too much of a problem. 

And I've seen a lot of complaints about Gloom's energy drain.  I think it's fine as is, honestly.  Even at neutral efficiency I haven't had much trouble maintaining it, though no doubt Arcane Energize is the reason for that.  Maybe it's wrong to balance abilities with that in mind.  Maybe it's not.  In any event, Gloom doesn't need to be up at all times, so there's that.

Gloom kind of does need to be up at all times. It’s Sevagoths primary survival tool when not in shadow. So to have it just burn through energy continuously at the rate that it does is massively impactful on him. I’m using a maxed out arcane energize and even then I’m not getting energy at a good enough rate to maintain Gloom, so then my energy runs out, I can’t cast abilities, and I end up dying because of that. The fact that Sevs survivability tool is the primary reason I keep dying says a lot about how aggressive it’s drain is.

Now that ive played sevagoth, put in the forma and put it through some higher level stuff i can finally give my two cents.

The good: 

• Appearance. This frame looks very nice and the sound design is on point as usual. This goes for both the shadow and sevagoth himself.
  • The damage output of the shadow is extremely high, so its definitely capable. 
  • The abilities are nice and all have a use to the point where i don't see a reason to subsume anything onto him.

The bad: 

• Too squishy. He dies far too easily when enemy level goes up high. While he can still kill them and heal he will get one shot far too easily. Having to kill to build the soul well isn't helping either since you need to run in the extra squishy non shadow mode for a while. Even when he goes down the shadow doesn't survive much at all when it comes to the steel path tier.
  • Why cant his second ability (Sow) be recast? Even if it clears the debuff of other affected enemies it'd be far better.
  • The energy drain on his third ability (Gloom) gets way too high, forcing high efficiency for any kind of lasting survivability.
  • The forma sink is real. 

Conclusion: 

I would likely use this frame as my main one if he was more survivable. As it stands i have little reason to not use valkyr over him beyond appearance. He is however really fun to play for pretty much anything but high level missions such as the steel path or rank 4-5 liches.
The changes that would make him better is mainly to buff his HP and armor or add some way to better mitigate damage to one of his abilities. Maybe have enemies affected by sow and deaths harvest restore his shields through the health steal of gloom as well? Sow should be recastable and just clear the previous enemies hit by it as to keep it from stacking. Decrease the energy drain of gloom and it should open up more build options.

I have now invested 7 forma in total into Sevagoth. 2 for the frame itself, 2 for shadow and 3 for the claws. I know this is considerably less than others but I try to be frugal with my forma. So far Sevagoth has consumed more forma than any other warframe including Titania. Unless you count both prime and non prime than it's about equal for now. 

Few more notes. 

While levelling Sevagoth I had an idea for his passive. Instead of it requiring kills have it require hits is all. Hits will one weak/normal strong enemies, damage/cc strong enemies and damage bosses. Allowing us to fully rez say on a spectre fight by ramming them 5 times. Still feel like soul well should be based off of damage dealt however rather than kills. While kills should automatically fill it by 20% or so. Kills makes it incredibly slow in steel path. 

I find some of his ability placement odd. For example on Sevagoth himself you want to prime enemies with 2, and then explode them with 1. (2 still needs to not have a cd). Why not just make sow 1 and reap 2? You reap what you sow... you have to sow in order to reap? Right? Shadow has a similar issue in which in a normal fight you cast 1-3-2 so you can pull enemies into melee, debuff them, and then hit them with a hard hitting nuke. When it should be more 1-2-3? That's a minor gripe and honestly doubt it'll change. A better idea might be to allow us to move where our abilities are per warframe

It is now Monday morning. I am hoping to see some patch notes with some improvements to Sevagoth when I wake. There is no lack of feedback. I don't expect everything fixed in a week but some of his more glaring bugs should hopefully be addressed. (The glitchy targeting of his 2, fov resetting, various visual bugs, visual clutter on sentinels, etc). Though it might take more than a day to fix them so maybe tomorrow or the next day. Regardless I eagerly anticipate the future of Sevagoth. 

24 minutes ago, Vahenir said:

I would likely use this frame as my main one if he was more survivable.

I too am ready to main him once he gets fixed up. I'm still investing A LOT into him. But for steel path I'm currently doing much better with wisp, nidus, xaku. (I doubt they're the best they're just my favs). He is incredibly fun despite his issues. I won't give up on him easily. But right now playing him in steel path is incredibly stressful and occasionally impossible. I do spam/farmable content in groups like ESO and Hydron levelling. But for progression and story missions I prefer solo. Sevagoth does do better in groups cuz it keeps some of the heat off his back but even then he still struggles. 

I don't know if I'm the only one that suffered from this, but when going into the Shadow form and then back at the normal form, the camera gets too close to the Warframe and the FOV gets smaller for the rest of the mission.

I hope that if enough players suffers from this, it'll get fixed, so I post this to shed some light to this.

Bug:

Cannot immediately charge attack with glaive after doing a dodge roll with Sevagoth, have to wait for 2-3s before able to charge up glaive. Please fix.

This issue is same with immediately after opening friendly door, cannot use warframe ability, have to wait for 2-3s later then can use.

[PC]

Can't tell if this is a BUG or FEEDBACK but I will treat it as a bug for the purposes of putting it on your radar. Shift to feedback if needed

Sevagoth's Shadow doesn't benefit from Naramon's Power Spike (decaying combo counter) nor Zenurik's Inner Might (Heavy Attack/Combo efficiency)

• TYPE: In-Game
  • DESCRIPTION: Melee combat
  • VISUAL: NA
  • REPRODUCTION: Use Zenurik or Naramon
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Expected Exalted Claws to benefit from Power Spike / Inner Might
  • OBSERVED RESULT: They do not
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100%

Sevagoth Feedback:

1) After casting his shadow, he should have 2-5 seconds of invincibility. On Steel path often one shot back to frame before I'm able to do anything unless I use operator to magus lockdown everything before going into shadow form

2) Going to operator should not cancel his shadow form.  And operator should be able to heal his shadow with magus'

3) Sevagoth shadow feels more like SevaSLOTH - for a shadow whose only attacks are melee based, his melees are ridiculously slow.  The fact that often his heavy attack seems bugged and doesn't do anything doesn't help - not sure if its a hitbox issue or what is going on there, but putting Berserker/Fury should not be required to make it tolerable.

4) Shadow CONSUME is clunky at best, given how many holes are in maps that force respawns (deliberate holes not glitches), and how many little railings, crates etc there are, all these forced uni-directional dashes feel and play terribly.  His shadow needs some life steal on claws, or a constant drain aoe life steal like Gloom instead of this horrible mechanic.

5) you shouldn't have to max the shadow meter to bring out the shadow - especially how you can immediately be kicked back to the frame (see point 1).  Should be like baruuk - if you have anything at all you can use what you have.

Forma sink to make him playable at medium to high level - is obscene. I'm 15 formas deep - and I can't afford an umbra forma on Frame/Shadow/Claw since you time gate those so hard.

Hi, I've been playing and testing things with Sevagoth for a while after I finally crafted him.

I've got to say, I never expected such a frame to be released. The base kit on both Sevagoth and his Shadow are decent. Sevagoth has utility and damage that can both scale with enemy Health and his Ability Strength.
His Shadow base damage scales with melee mods, and Sevagoth ability strength. You can mod these two in many ways to achieve various results.

Sow adds damage and makes Reap deal radial damage based on Health, ability strength. Charging the Shadow. Gloom adds slow and lifesteal to nearby targets. Helping the squad in multiple ways. This is great stuff that works with any build, leaving alot of room to customize the frame with whatever you want.

• Embrace is alright, acting both as a pull and a crowd control ability with a duration. This helps greatly to setup Sow + Reap or any other combo ability on a pack of enemies.

• Consume seems weak compared to the melee damage when Sevagoth is alive. But when Sevagoth is dying the damage is much higher, making it easy to revive against most enemies.

• Death's Harvest helps the squad a bit, the ability tips suggest to use it at least before returning to Sevagoth as a mean to save up energy on Sevagoth but he can already regain energy in multiple ways, simply turning this ability into a lesser version of Reap. Which is fine considering we're using the Shadow but a different ability altogether might have been more interesting.

• The melee attacks are strong and reach far making it easy to use. I like the results except the Slam animation when using the Shadow. It feels weird to have a floating body slam its claws onto the ground in that specific way. Maybe a gimmicky effect where the whole body becomes a mass of darkness to slam itself would seem more natural. I think it needs something more when comparing it a regular Warframe slam but I don't know what.

• I'm digging the appearance quite alot, especially the basic helm, I was looking for one with this silhouette for a while.

• The custom dodge looks and play nicely and the custom sound effects are highly appreciated. It strengthens the uniqueness of this frame. There's even one on the dodge.

• The sky changing based on whether or not the Shadow has been summoned was quite surprising.

Almost everything is pleasing in this Warframe.
However the most unexpected thing about Sevagoth and his Shadow is the fact they both use Warframe mods. This strengthens many tactics we already had around Auras to another level, making Sevagoth a game changing presence in the squad.

Edit: Unfortunately all auras do not behave the same, some auras will stack up on Sevagoth from him and his Shadow like Rejunevation and some others won't, like Corrosive Projection. What started as a thrilling new field of experiment is now an obscurely filtered set of choices that will force the Sevagoth player to test all combinations to figure out what is enabled and what gets disabled when using the Shadow.

This part is Not thrilling, the choices now seem more limited. Which is a shame. I understand why there would be a need to prevent the use of double auras on one player, especially for something like Corrosive Projection. Maybe warning the player in tips would have felt better, instead of having to test all the auras.

This is based on observation and speculation but here's what I got, I don't know if any of these observations are bugs or intended design.

Révélation

"CA stack" stands for Coaction Drift stacking between Sevagoth and his Shadow.

The following Auras from Sevagoth and his Shadow both stack together :
-EMP Aura (need more tests)
-Infested Impedance (need more tests)
-Shield Disruption | CA stack
-Melee Guidance

The following Auras from Sevagoth and his Shadow both stack together but Sevagoth Aura has no effect on the Shadow :
-Energy Siphon
-Rejunevation

The following Auras from Sevagoth and his Shadow do not stack, the active Aura is only from the one currently being played :
-Aerodynamic
-Brief Respite | CA stack
-Combat Discipline
-Corrosive Projection
-Empowered Blades
-Enemy Radar
-Growing Power
-Loot Radar
-Physique | CA stack
-Power Donation (need more tests)
-Shepherd (it's even possible to see the bonuses stack on the pet for a second when switching between Sevagoth and Shadow)
-Sprint Boost
-Stand United
-Steel Charge
-Swift Momentum

Still enjoying the frame quite a lot, have a nice day.

Issues I've run into with Sevagoth since running him:

Once, when I spawned into Railjack, his Death Well UI didn't show up for the entire mission. It was a Corpus Volatile Void Storm if that helps at all.

His Gloom ability is bugged as it doesn't increase the Death Well when enemies enter its radius like the tooltip and video show it's meant to do.

His Shadow Claws have a deceptively short forward reach which makes you need to get almost point blank to hit the enemy even with something like Primed Reach.

His Consume completely halts any momentum you had once the ability ends, leaving you to plummet like a stone if you were in midair. It would feel much better if it let you carry what momentum you had before the ability was cast. It also appears to have a very small hitbox making it inconsistent to hit enemies with similar to the issues Bonewidow's Meathook used to have. This becomes a more pressing issue when playing solo because it is the only way to attack with his passive. Which nicely leads onto--

His passive, while powerful on paper, is awfully frustrating in practice because of the 5 kill requirement combined with the aforementioned clunkiness of Consume. If you were able to use his other abilities and claws to revive, it would make the experience much more satisfying and lead to fewer situations where you die because you kept zooming past the enemy you were trying to hit instead, or flying off ledges and wasting precious time.

Survivability is poor on Sevagoth and, to a much lesser extent but still worth mentioning, his Shadow too. Without his Gloom active, he is very prone to getting oneshot by higher levelled enemies such as Veil Proxima Grineer or even Sortie 3 enemies, and that's without even mentioning The Steel Path. Gloom does mitigate this somewhat but it also requires a very specific build of high power strength for the slow effectiveness as well as max power efficiency and a very expensive Arcane Energize to mitigate the monstrous base 10 energy /s cost at max range. This heavily limits Sevagoth's build options and makes dying on him incredibly punishing since you respawn with only about 70 energy which isn't enough to survive for more than a few seconds at best so you can end up in a death loop of respawning and getting downed before being able to get going again. He lacks the health or shields to rely on Adaptation to do the job for him so any form of mitigation for incoming damage would go a long way in making the frame much less stressful in higher level missions compared to his peers such as Excalibur, Wukong, Baruuk and even Valkyr.

Personally, I feel like using health to cast wouldn't be such a bad idea, on both forms, assuming Sevagoth and his Shadow got an increase to their base health. Given his innate healing abilities, he'd be better-positioned than most, and it would save modding space too. It wouldn't solve most of the clunkiness with the frame, but it could at least be a start.

After having maxed out Sevagoth, I feel like the frame needs some buffs, along with some tweaks to his kit. While his theme as a ghost and shadow frame is interesting, his implementation I think is lacking in a few respects, and there's a fair bit of clunkiness to some of his kit, with his Shadow in particular feeling generally too slow. My thoughts:

Sevagoth

• The resurrection passive does not feel well-implemented at the moment, because whatever damage was liable to kill Sevagoth is just as liable to kill his Shadow. Allowing the Shadow to insta-kill enemies is a good move, but still I'm not sure how well it can scale as a result, and with allies around it can even feel like a nerf, given that he can die long before the bleedout timer ends.
  • Reap following the aim button I feel interferes somewhat with gunplay, as it is impossible to shoot precisely without affecting his shadow's direction and vice versa. Additionally, I find it strange that the shadow can only be launched in a line parallel to the ground when it can be redirected towards any point.
  • Sow without Reap feels underwhelming even with high amounts of Power Strength, and it doesn't help that there's no indicator for just how much percent health damage gets dealt when comboing the two abilities. This ability needs to be good on its own, not just when combined with Sevagoth's 1.
  • Gloom I think is pretty much fine as an ability, and I like that it synergizes with the Shadow by giving it additional life steal if cast before transferring.

The Shadow

• Despite being Sevagoth's Exalted mode, and an extra health buffer, his Shadow feels incredibly underwhelming: not only is it incredibly slow and limited in mobility, its base stats and weapon aren't all that amazing either. It was a good idea to give it a separate modding table from the base frame, but it doesn't really feel like there's much reason to dip into it right now given that Sevagoth can generally apply more damage and utility. I also wonder why the Shadow needs its own Energy pool when it already runs on its own resource.
  • Embrace is... basically a better version of Mag's Pull? It helps compensate for the Shadow's limited range, and the damage increase makes it more attractive, so can't really complain.
  • Consume in theory could help Sevagoth move around better, but like pretty much every other dash ability in Warframe, it's clunky due to its rigidity and inability to point in any direction other than parallel to the ground. I also dislike the lack of symmetry between Sevagoth's kit and his Shadow's, in that Sevagoth launches his Shadow to render enemies more vulnerable to damage and uses his radial aura to steal health, whereas the Shadow steals health from its dash and uses its radial aura to amplify damage.
  • In addition to the aforementioned lack of symmetry, Death's Harvest I find a bit basic given that Sevagoth can apply damage on top of the same debuff, while Gloom on the same ability slot grants persistent life steal and a slow.

TL;DR: Sevagoth as a frame innovates in certain respects, but also falls short in many more, with a kit that I think severely underutilizes its central theme of an exalted form, and repeats many mistakes from prior frames with rigid aiming on multiple abilities. I feel the frame could use some tweaks and improvements to address that clunkiness and improve his flow.

Here's my take on how Sevagoth could be changed.

Sevagoth

• (Possibly) Change Sevagoth's abilities to cost health instead of Energy, and make his health and armor scale more instead.
  • Change Sevagoth's resurrection passive so that he enters his Shadow form with all of its abilities during his bleedout, requiring it to fill the Death Well before he dies (with changes to the Shadow listed below).
  • Make Sow Sevagoth's 1, change it to the following:
    • Continually drags enemies in an initial angle towards Sevagoth for a duration.
    • Marks affected enemies to detonate at the end of the duration, dealing Radiation damage equal to a base amount plus a portion of damage taken from all sources. A portion of that damage also fills the Death Well.
    • If the detonation damage is enough to kill an enemy outright, the enemy detonates immediately.
  • Make Reap Sevagoth's 2, allow the Shadow to fly in any direction the player is pointing from the first cast, and allow the player to redirect it by recasting the ability, instead of aiming down sights. Holding down the ability should despawn the Shadow early.

The Shadow

• (Possibly) Make the Shadow completely immune to damage and status, and make its abilities free to cast, while increasing the Death Well's base drain per second.
  • Increase the Shadow's base speed and allow it to fly unrestricted in any direction. Additionally, allow it to ignore collision with enemies and pass through them instead.
  • While the Shadow is out, have Sevagoth fight by his Shadow as an invulnerable specter.
  • Alter the Shadow Claws' damage so that it scales with enemy level, reducing their base damage as necessary. Also, have their damage scale based on the Shadow's Ability Strength, and not Sevagoth's, and have their kills fill up the Death Well.
  • Make all of the Shadow's abilities identical to Sevagoth's, with the difference being that its 2 would still launch it (but, this time, in any chosen direction). This means turning Embrace into the aforementioned version of Sow, and changing Death's Harvest into Gloom.

TL;DR: Change Sevagoth and his shadow so that they use the same abilities, but the Shadow is invincible, flies at will, and deals scaling damage with its claws, whereas base Sevagoth uses health to cast abilities, with a bit more base durability to compensate. Sevagoth should still be somewhat squishy and focused on debuffing enemies, whereas his Shadow would be a massive occasional power-up that would let him godmode for short-ish periods of time, with the latter's modding table able to be fully dedicated to casting abilities without having to worry about survivability.

I just discovered for my Sevagoth appearance F ( which is as fabulous as a-e) The selected pallete colors are not indicated as what they are  (appear blank)  for the corresponding accessory colors those are properly displayed. My second Sevagoth is still building, when it is done i will try to link the look and move it to the second to see what happens. It took hours to get the exact shades just how I want them so I cant provide any more incite yet. This seems odd, but perhaps it is masking a more complex bug considering it has a second related form that is also customiziable.

On 2021-04-14 at 10:42 PM, FrostyNovaPrime said:

To me Sevagoth feels like two completely different Warframes in one single entity. You need two different builds, each with their own different innate polarities and therefore different forma requirement. Each form gains affinity independently from one another too, you cannot level Base Sevagoth while in Shadow form and vice versa. Each form's abilities also don't really resemble each other like many other multi-form characters (asides from his ultimate to shift forms). Call of the Tempestarii had this focus of his Shadow wanting to find and reunite with his main body, but his Shadow feels completely disconnected from his Body.

I haven't played him enough to fully understand his kit just yet, but right now (like, 3ish forma into him) he's like many other characters with multiple forms (Equinox, Nidalee/Kayn from LoL for example) where one form is stronger than the other (Shadow being better/more consistent damage than Body). But unlike these other characters, Sevagoth's abilities don't seem to resemble each other through his two forms which again makes his Shadow and Body seem disconnected from one another.

More Forma put into him and the disconnect between Sevagoth and Shadow is really his biggest hindrance. The investment (both is Forma and time) needed for him is way too much.

• Sevagoth and his Shadow should have the same polarities and reflect the same Forma polarizations. Affinity for Shadow should also reflect the affinity gained for Sevagoth.
  • Alternatively, Shadow should NOT be reset to unranked if a Forma is used on the form. No one likes ranking up Warframes due to the punishment of losing all your powers, and we have to do it twice as much for him since Shadow is treated like a completely separate Warframe.

As for his actual abilities, a few recommended tweaks:

Reap

• ADS control could be fine-tuned a bit, I often find the shadow spinning in a circle when I wanted it to go down the hall.

Sow

• Needs to be either a) recastable or b) have affected enemies prioritized by an undirected Reap
  • Visual effect is very hard to see in certain settings

Gloom

• Too energy hungry.
  • Base range could be increased or remove the expansion and have it at max range all the time.

Exalted Shadow

• insert more ranting about how disconnected the two forms are lol
  • Could use more synergy/interaction with his Body anchor

Embrace

• Casting Embrace on his Body should allow us to move his body. Would be helpful with repositioning if Gloom is active.

Consume

• Directional control. It was added to Lavos's Vial Rush, why didn't Sevagoth have it from the start?

Death's Harvest

• Just replace it with Sow and swap it's position with Consume. I still don't know the use of this ability. Attacks with Shadow Claws would then proc Reap's usual effect.

Other than that, passive "dodge" animation is very... discombobulating for me. It's just a bullet jump, but I get thrown for a loop when I do a REAL bullet jump and then see another come out with a mid-air dodge.

BUG:

I was doing an Isolation Vault for nightwave as an oberon...  I was host and had a full squad of randoms.  I forget which part we were on exactly but I know we were all crammed in the tunnels looking for mechs, looking for Loid, or protecting Loid....    As we were all grouped up someone used an ability that froze the game and seperated me from the other players.   The ability on my frozen screen was white/blue and wispy/ghosty so im thinking its Sevagoth.... ???  

Archived