Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30: Sevagoth + Epitaph Feedback Megathread (Closed)

[DE]CoreyOnline

9 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Gloom kind of does need to be up at all times. It’s Sevagoths primary survival tool when not in shadow. So to have it just burn through energy continuously at the rate that it does is massively impactful on him. I’m using a maxed out arcane energize and even then I’m not getting energy at a good enough rate to maintain Gloom, so then my energy runs out, I can’t cast abilities, and I end up dying because of that. The fact that Sevs survivability tool is the primary reason I keep dying says a lot about how aggressive it’s drain is.

I have had no trouble staying alive as Formagoth because my perspective on health is that it's... now inferior to shield gating survivability.  I'm rocking two Augur mods on him, and sometimes Brief Respite for an Aura.  The second my shields drop, I usually dip into operator mode and void dash away, or tap my 1 and continue fighting with my shield gating restored enough to let me react when they drop again.

I'm not saying this is a good thing, it's just the state of Warframe right now.  The tankiest frames are those with some shields and the ability to spam abilities while also being immune to knockdown.  That's Formagoth, especially with PSF in the exilus.

Health only really matters vs. Infested now, and the occasional Elemental Enhanced: Toxin sortie.  And feel free to disagree of course.  It might be a playstyle thing.  I just... never die anymore with this philosophy.  Shield gating > life steal.  I maintain my health through Magus Elevate.

9 hours ago, Velaethia said:

I have now invested 7 forma in total into Sevagoth. 2 for the frame itself, 2 for shadow and 3 for the claws. I know this is considerably less than others but I try to be frugal with my forma. So far Sevagoth has consumed more forma than any other warframe including Titania. Unless you count both prime and non prime than it's about equal for now. 

Few more notes. 

While levelling Sevagoth I had an idea for his passive. Instead of it requiring kills have it require hits is all. Hits will one weak/normal strong enemies, damage/cc strong enemies and damage bosses. Allowing us to fully rez say on a spectre fight by ramming them 5 times. Still feel like soul well should be based off of damage dealt however rather than kills. While kills should automatically fill it by 20% or so. Kills makes it incredibly slow in steel path. 

I find some of his ability placement odd. For example on Sevagoth himself you want to prime enemies with 2, and then explode them with 1. (2 still needs to not have a cd). Why not just make sow 1 and reap 2? You reap what you sow... you have to sow in order to reap? Right? Shadow has a similar issue in which in a normal fight you cast 1-3-2 so you can pull enemies into melee, debuff them, and then hit them with a hard hitting nuke. When it should be more 1-2-3? That's a minor gripe and honestly doubt it'll change. A better idea might be to allow us to move where our abilities are per warframe

It is now Monday morning. I am hoping to see some patch notes with some improvements to Sevagoth when I wake. There is no lack of feedback. I don't expect everything fixed in a week but some of his more glaring bugs should hopefully be addressed. (The glitchy targeting of his 2, fov resetting, various visual bugs, visual clutter on sentinels, etc). Though it might take more than a day to fix them so maybe tomorrow or the next day. Regardless I eagerly anticipate the future of Sevagoth. 

9 hours ago, Velaethia said:

I too am ready to main him once he gets fixed up. I'm still investing A LOT into him. But for steel path I'm currently doing much better with wisp, nidus, xaku. (I doubt they're the best they're just my favs). He is incredibly fun despite his issues. I won't give up on him easily. But right now playing him in steel path is incredibly stressful and occasionally impossible. I do spam/farmable content in groups like ESO and Hydron levelling. But for progression and story missions I prefer solo. Sevagoth does do better in groups cuz it keeps some of the heat off his back but even then he still struggles. 

On my phone these posts ceased to exist with the merger. The merger was also very confusing and seems to have bloated this thread. Anyways happy 8th anniversary, 

Edit: Wait was there no merger? When i click the link there is only 15. But this version has like bugs and the other stuff? I am beyond confused. The link I set up so I could easily find the feedback thread takes me here. And I've seen some of my old posts. but when I click on what I quoted it takes me to a different thread that's currently only at 15? 

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Tucker D Dawg said:

2) Going to operator should not cancel his shadow form.  And operator should be able to heal his shadow with magus'

They made it so op mode doesn't cancel titania in pixie form. Shouldn't be an issue with exalted shadow.

27 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

I'm not saying this is a good thing, it's just the state of Warframe right now.  The tankiest frames are those with some shields and the ability to spam abilities while also being immune to knockdown.  That's Formagoth, especially with PSF in the exilus.

Nidus has no shield?

En 13/4/2021 a las 21:19, Leqesai dijo:

I gotta say... I am mildly triggered by the umbra forma on a non prime warframe thing... I know umbra forma aren't near as hard to get as they used to be but I am having a hard time adapting to the idea of putting one on a frame that I will eventually retire once the prime comes out.

Having said that I have also enjoyed Sevagoth thus far. I haven't put any forma in yet but I do enjoy his kit. 

How does his dying mechanic scale with enemies? Is it useful at sortie level or higher?

it can revive you even on steel path, which Im not shure im ok with, I mean, Im glad it scales so well with enenmies but you can just spam the resurrect over and over with no penalty whatsoever (except maybe loosing some steel essence since the acolytes leave wether or not you revive yourself) I think maybe requiring more souls each time you die would be a nice balance

2 minutes ago, Kegnor97 said:

it can revive you even on steel path, which Im not shure im ok with, I mean, Im glad it scales so well with enenmies but you can just spam the resurrect over and over with no penalty whatsoever (except maybe loosing some steel essence since the acolytes leave wether or not you revive yourself) I think maybe requiring more souls each time you die would be a nice balance

Have you actually played him? It's impossible to do any objective with his passives. It's hardly OP. Yeah he can revive at high level. But first of all your shadow CAN and will die in like 5 seconds in steel path. Second some enemies seem immune to the one hit mechanic (not even bosses). The dash is super buggy and rarely seems to hit. Causing you to have to spam it over and over again. Rather than 5 hits you need like a dozen at least. And even then you rez only to die 5 seconds later. it's hardly over powered. Nidus is much more immortal and doesn't even despawn acolytes when his undying mechanic procs. 

Sow isn't that great at filling the death well and that's pretty much all I can say about it. Best ability to get rid of for an helminth one. 

Gloom doesn't add anything to the death well iv had it active for the whole time during a mission killing enimies left and right no fill. Fix description or fix the ability to do what description states. 

The consume ability on shadow is very clunky meaning its too narrow and if I use it toward a group of 5 side by side it only consumes 1 enemy and the other 4 are still alive if it could hit more than just 1 enemy if they are stacked togeather would be effective. Litterally ability is so useless if I could use helminth to get rid of that ability on shadow I would. If you wanted to make the ability better if he's supposed to be a reaper ghost why not make it a giant scythe swipe dash so that way it's like a wide arc exalted blade slash from Excalibur if I was good at making animations I'd show an example. 

Also death harvest on shadow feels meh like it doesn't add to death well it just inflicts basically sow minus the addition to death well doesn't seem powerful enough maybe add a secondary effect to it like enemys will explode on death spreading death harvests remaining duration on unaffected enemys since it's like 10 second duration and most enemys have like 4 seconds left doesn't seem too harmful to add that as a secondary effect. 

Litterally Sevagoth is unusable in arbitration. Keeps dying because of the low health and low armor and then gloom drains so much energy can't keep it up and most cc is unusable in arbitration because of drones and gloom is the only thing that can keep Sevagoth alive. Why make a life steal frame have such low health? At least have like 800 health or more with a max vitality mod. And armor is kinda low as well why not have base 150-200

56 minutes ago, Velaethia said:

Nidus has no shield?

That's correct.  He's going to eventually get 1 shot in ways that other frames just can't anymore, not if they're abusing shield gating.  He and Inaros, as ironic as it might be, are now some of the squishier frames... if you go into absurd levels of endurance.

To get this back to Formagoth, because I rely on shield gating for survivability, I don't find Formagoth's Gloom and its energy drain to be oppressive.  I don't always have to have it up, after all.  I get more survivability out of recasting Reap than I do from Gloom.  I think that's more of an indictment of shield gating than it is of Formagoth.  But that's a topic for another thread.

Again, my biggest issues with Formagoth are the forma requirement, the unpolished aesthetics, and the general user-unfriendliness of Sow.

35 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

That's correct.  He's going to eventually get 1 shot in ways that other frames just can't anymore, not if they're abusing shield gating.  He and Inaros, as ironic as it might be, are now some of the squishier frames... if you go into absurd levels of endurance.

His CC and ability to have second chance undying makes it virtually impossible for him to lose at any level. Especially if you use quick thinking too. 

On 2021-04-13 at 3:28 PM, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

PASSIVE
On death, become Sevagoth's Shadow and fight to resurrect him by collecting the souls needed to rebuild his tombstone.

Interesting idea but this "form" is lacking in some way.

First, his Consume is not very comfortable to use (more later). Let him at least use Embrace.

Secondly, time limit is bad. If you don't have enough enemies then you will just die. That's boring. Let's delete this timer or at least let his "N-number enemies touched to revival" meter decay.

REAP
Sevagoth's Shadow flies outward ravaging enemies in his path. Survivors are damaged by Death’s Harvest over time. The souls of the dead fill the Death Well.

On it's own is not so great.

It doesn't have damage high damage.

His flying technique is very simple. It could stuck in some places. You can control it but it's hard to control it when a distance is big. He is slow.

Suggestion:

- when you hold ability key (2) you take control over Shadow while Sevagoth (main frame) and all your pets/sentinels/etc) becomes invisible & immortal.

- increase speed

- when not controlled (tap instead of hold key) Shadow could be chaotic - with increase of speed Shadow bounce from walls like with old game named Pinball

SOW
Plant a death seed in nearby targets to drain their lifeforce. Reap what has been sown to detonate afflicted enemies, dealing a percentage of their health as radial damage. The souls of the dead fill the Death Well.

The ability on it's own doesn't seems to do a lot.

It's main usage is for Sow+Reap combo.

Suggestion:

- join Reap + Sow into one ability (into I 1st slot) and make another one

GLOOM
Summon a radial pulse wave that ensnares and slows enemies, siphoning their lifeforce for the Death Well. Allies within the wave steal health with each attack.

This nice ability. I wonder why Xaku couldn't get this kind of Aura instead of one time slowness?

However it has huge energy drain.

Suggestion:

- add +5% to base slowness (40% slow at 100% strength). This will make achieving 95% reasonable without taking all mods with +X strength.

- add small healing

- it should affect sentinels/pets/companions

EXALTED SHADOW

Going in and out is not nice. It's not to get full Death Well to activate Exalted Shadow. However if you want use Shadow in specific time OR something forced you to go back to Sevagoth you cannot use Shadow for some time.

It's very energy hungry but you cannot use Energy Restores (no gear selection) nor Zenurik's dash so you have to use them BEFORE.

No way to sustain this form (more later with Death's Harvest).

Suggestion:

- let us activate Shadow all the time but with less powerful Shadow

- we should be able to use Zenurik (operator) and gears

EMBRACE
Ghostly hands pull enemies into a flailing mass.

That's nice ability. It doesn't pull enemies too much so they are in front of you. It's little bit slow.

Suggestion:

- make enemies travel faster towards you and slow down near you.

CONSUME
Dash through enemies and rip out their souls to heal Shadow.

This ability is even worse to use than Revenant's Reave. You don't have control over it. Sometimes it bounces back from enemy. Sometimes Shadow jumps into air. Life steal is nice.

Suggestion:

- instead of current ability, let's us control it via rolls, jumps, bullet jumps, gliding and other actions; every enemy touched execute current effects (life steal, knockdowns, radiation damage); frame is invulnerable from the cast time (button press) to <1s after releasing the key; ability lasts for 5 seconds

DEATH’S HARVEST
Inflict nearby enemies with a harrowing condition.

This ability is probably most useless. It cost too much (we don't have enough energy to begin with). Damage increase is negligible. It can be used with melee attacks.

Suggestion (pick one or more):

- increase damage a lot: at base Shadow's melee attack kills enemy with 5 hits - make it 3; at ~200 strength Shadow's melee attack should kill it with 1-2 hits. Small duration and cost should make balance ok (might need more changes)

- enemies marked by Death's Harvest should refill Death's well more than Reap/Sow. For example ~20%. This would allow us to sustain Shadow form with some work.

Melee

As melee fan (Sarpa prime or vandal would look amazing!) I cannot feel this melee too much (all I know that they deals damage but that's not enough). I cannot see too much of melee movement because of FOV, colors change and how "big" he is. Early part of heavy attack animations (2nd as well!) doesn't hit anything. Forward + Block first combo is too fast (no speed combos). I think only normal combos are visible enough.

Suggestion:

- decrease speed of Forward + Block first combo

- change back FOV, colors back

- makes all attacks more visible: Shadow has HUGE weapons (claws) but it looks like it uses needles to attack (imagine human holding needles to attack). Make all attack wider/bigger.

- make melee attacks more fancier: when he is spinning spread his arms&claws, when he is moving forward make his arm(s) reach farther, when sliding spread his arms, when he slam attack make his body face downwards with 2 claws above his had (like Superman flying) etc

Yeah, idk. People probably already mentioned everything that's objective regarding Sevagoth. So, I'll just say playing him against actually threatening enemies now for a while while trying to like him after spending plenty of forma, including two umbra forma on him and his shadow, feels like playing a rogue in WoW - without stealth. No idea how else to put it. I get flashbacks to being revealed and evaporated during Alterac Valley PvP. I'm not mad just dis- I mean: that's not my thing.

Shelved for now.

Gloom is a pretty dope Helminth entry though. Better than Aegis Storm. But then again: what isn't?

Rami Malek Flirting GIF

18 minutes ago, quxier said:

Secondly, time limit is bad. If you don't have enough enemies then you will just die. That's boring. Let's delete this timer or at least let his "N-number enemies touched to revival" meter decay.

On 2021-04-13 at 6:28 AM, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

Either remove the timer, or make the shadow immortal. Having both cons makes it feel bad. I prefer making it immortal so I don't have to worry about anything but hitting baddies.

-edit-
TLDR
--------------------------------------
The bottom line is this

Given how Sevagoth is such an active ability use frame, he should be able to consistently fill his Death Well with only his own powers regardless of the mission he is playing.

The FACT that, in Steel Path, I have to cast Sow, ignore Reap and proceed to kill enemies with my melee weapon in order to summon Shadow so I can kill enemies with my exalted melee weapon...? ..... is stupid.
Why bother?
Why not just toggle Gloom and finish the mission with my equipped melee weapon and ignore Shadow altogether?
Might as well Helminth over his 4 at this point with Dispenser to help with energy conservation.
...or just play Nidus... or Inaros... or anyone else really.

Lets examine apples to apples.
Every other Warframe with an Exalted Weapon can solo Steel path with no other weapons.
Sev cannot.
--------------------------------------

Ive been playing Sev pretty much constantly since he came out, really trying to like him.

Ive put 15 forma in him, Ive played him in every mission type, railjack and steel path and I just feel meh about him.

I actively HATE Shadow form.
It is clunky, slow, constantly stuck on terrain and geometry because it is so big and gompy, and the claw attack is terribad even with primed reach (-edit- yes, im aware of his 1, the pull, you can stop asking) because it only seems to hit the exact center dot of my crosshairs, there is no cleave (-edit for clarification-Cleave meaning the swing of the weapon hitting enemies to the SIDES of your target who are in the path of the swing, like a Great Sword does or bloody great claws aught to!) to speak of.

Gloom is the only good thing in the entire kit, if you want to invest heavily in efficiency to make it viable to run.

I would love to see Shadow Form made 30% faster and have its size and collision box reduced considerably ... or, ya know, make it intangible.. like a GHOST! so I doesnt get stuck all the time.

Additionally the claws need serious attention. Half the time the animation doesnt even play when i attack.
The only thing the claws have is they hit hard (with 6 forma) but so what?! So do more than half of the melee weapons I have access to with less forma!

-edit-

I forgot to mention that Sev is virtually worthless (without a powerful weapon external to his own kit) for steel path or enemies higher than 75 or so.
For instance;
In a grineer steel path mission I spammed my abilities at a single grineer trooper and he would not die.
With 175 power strength I cast Gloom, Reap, Sow, Reap, Reap, Reap, Reap...... etc. The trooper just stumbled and his health barely moved. He was perhaps only level 108.

This makes Sev basically worthless for steel path, because the Death Well is tied to kills and at this rate by the time the Well is full, any other frame would be finished with the mission.

-edit-
Sevagoth himself is useless for Steel Path unless he has Steel Path capable weapons and I can prove it.
If you don't believe me (looking at all you kiddies posting 'proof' videos in this thread) then I challenge you to this test.
Take Sev, unequip all of your weapons and take only an unmodded Skana.
Go into Steel Path exterminate on Earth.
You will NOT survive to complete the mission. I guarantee. You will not be able to fill the Deathwell with his abilities alone because they don't kill anything at that level. The only way you might complete the mission is by abusing his passive if you are lucky and have enough enemies in close proximity at all times.

-edit-
I am running a slight variation of Brozime's build.

-edit-
Final note for those of you who REEEEEEE that I criticize your favorite toy
Keep playing him, by all means. The shiny will swiftly fade.
Already in just a week I have seen him go from being used by at least one player in every match to not seeing him at all in two days.

Lol.
Guess the truth of the matter is on my side here despite your "proof" videos ;)

My Sevagoth should be done tomorrow, so I'll be able to give him a shot. 

I do have the Epitaph, and can't say it's very engaging. 

First off, no matter the energy color I just don't really see any effect from the cold shot. Also, with it being wrist mounted, when aiming the frame's arm is right in the way of your aim view, so I mostly fire it from the hip. 

Overall, it just doesn't feel that great to use. The stats are great on paper, but using is a bit different. The cold status doesn't slow down the enemies very much, and the with the above observation of the aim view, being accurate with it is a little tough. 

I just don't feel like I'm using a cool new weapon. Pistols like the kulstar, cyanax, sporelacer, have some good weight and feedback to them along with some neat particle effects.  I'm not designer, so I'm not sure what to suggest other than just provide my observations. 

Can we just lean full into the Jojo's and give the punch ghost a heat-attack when you end his 4th ability by hitting '4' again?

Could lunge forward to an enemy (or group) and either do a set amount of slashes depending on duration, or rapidly drain energy but keep slashing until it's gone.

I personally think it would be a great way to end the form...

One forma each on Sevagoth and the Shadow already allows for proper solid builds. Claws are a bit more expensive, but they can completely destroy Steel Path enemies with only 3 or 4. This "needs 15+ forma to be useful" talk is absolute nonsense and just tells me some people don't really know how to mod efficiently in this game.

Shadow form isn't really that slow. It looks slow because of the weird camera angle (walk/run animations being almost identical is annoying, tho). You can also pull entire groups of enemies from up to nearly 50 meters away right into your face so you don't even need to move to kill everything.

Claws have 100% follow through, like all exalted weapons, and absolutely cleave through 20+ enemies clumped together in front of you all at once, both with regular combos and heavy attacks. You are doing something wrong here, which honestly wouldn't surprise me in the slightest given the rest of your complaints.

As for the animations not playing properly, that can happen with all melee weapons when attack speed gets too high - not a shadow claws/Sevagoth problem, though apparently it happens more often than usual here (probably because claws are one of the fastest weapon classes in the game).

I was going to make my own feedback thread, but I think this one sums up my thoughts so far on him.

Here is what I have problems with, and possible solutions:

• Main Form:
    • Casting for 1-3 times are too slow for how weak the abilities are.
      • GLOOM is a STRONG ability, but you need to specialize for it for it to be worth while at all, because otherwise the drain is crazy high. Half your energy could be gone by the time the animation is done playing. More on this later.
    • Passive
      • Great idea, poor execution. My only problem with it is that I cannot melee enemies in shadow form. For some reason, pressing the 'melee' button casts consume instead, launching you across the map. This is absurd, not fun, and frankly useless. Its better to just let it time out and resurrect as normal, because its less frustrating that flying past enemies constantly. If this passive is what you want, let us have full normal control over Shadow, not a gimmick version.
    • REAP
      • After looking at the stats, I think they are mostly ok. default duration feels low, but the speed changes I suggest below will more than help with that.
      • Should have no casting animation. As in it shouldn't interupt whatever you are doing, your ghost should just fly off of you.
      • Possibly synergy opportunity with 4 that was missed (highly desired by me!)
        • You should be able to cast REAP and send your shadow off into the distance. Then, similar to Wisp, if you cast your Exalted Shadow you assume control of the REAP shadow wherever it is. This will result in much more fun and dynamic gameplay using REAP and Shadow.
        • If you cast Exalted Shadow while reap is active and assume control, the remaining duration of REAP becomes an AOE around you. Though this may already be the case, since killing while in shadow form already fills the death well.
      • Reap shadow is very slow to move. Also, it starts behind you. Also Also, the animation on the tooltip looks way faster than in-game speed.
        • Recommend starting either ON your position, maybe slightly in front. This position won't have to be adjusted if speed is increased per below.
        • Recommend increasing the speed of the shadow.
          • Maybe have the speed dynamic, where the further the shadow strays from you the slower it goes. This will also resolve the 'slow' feeling when you first cast it, as it will move quickly in the casting direction. If you turn 180* and tell it to move, it can return to you quickly and slow as it moves away again.
          • I think the dynamic speed like this would make it more fun to use, as you could essentially keep up with it (thus keeping its speed high) instead of briskly WALKING past it.
    • SOW
      • maybe have this be a targeted ability instead of AOE centered on self. Which how much death is happening immediately around you, the  area behind you feels wasted. If you want it centered on self, maybe do a hold to cast situation.
      • Damage feels low, even at 230% strength, but I know that its meant to be used with REAP, making it good at high level enemies.
      • % HP damage not shown in stats.
    • GLOOM
      • Energy drain (combo of casting cost + /s drain) too high to be reasonably usable with base energy available on the frame.
      • Casting speed very slow. Energy drain shouldn't start until animation complete.
      • Max range should increase if energy drain is unchanged.

• Exalted Shadow
    • Shadow Claws
      • Damage is low. This can is also adversely affected if you happen to specialize Sevagoth (not shadow) for something other than power strength.
      • Recommendation: Strength of the claws (and maybe their base reach?) are determined by SHADOW's mods instead of SEVAGOTH's mods.
        • This allows you to specialize Shadow and Sevagoth, instead of sacrificing stuff on sevagoth to make shadow halfway decent. Especially since both are acting as seperate frames.
    • EMBRACE
      • No complaints. Feels good to use, decent energy economy. I like it.
    • CONSUME
      • As I noted above, CONSUME feels too hectic. Its not like other dash abilities where you feel in control of them. this one sort of just launches you in a direction, and you slide past everything. It feels clunky to use, and since you don't get to see the carnage you slid past, it feels like it does absolutely nothing. Its quite infuriating, and frankly I dislike it completely.
      • Recomendations:
        • Use it to jump onto an enemy. Dash can be kept if enemy is not targeted (or held to dash - preferred).
        • The wording is CONSUME. Therefore, I was hoping that it would be able to target an enemy, dash to them, and rend them. Maybe perform an AOE claw attack at the enemy's location. The dash on the way to targeted enemy can have the current effect it does not though.
        • By targeting an enemy (instead of sliding past it uncontrollably), the player will have more agency in melee focused combat, can use it to swiftly move around the battlefield, and in general this combination will make the combat much more fun than frustrating.
      • Movement:
        • As OP noted, Shadow does indeed feel slow. he may not be slow, but it feels slow. Part of that is the 'float' nature of the jump, which definitely IS slow compared to a frame. I think that it should be sped up as well, but maybe not by 30%. Start slow (heh) when increasing his speed if you choose that route. But I would definitely atleast think about increasing the jump speed.
        • I put this in this section because the targeted consume change would help with maneuvering easily through the battlefield in a controlled manner.
        • Also, how sweet would it be if instead of gliding through enemies in a straight line, you kind of rocketed up and arced toward your target when casting consume, ending in a small AOE around them. Almost like a mortar. This would be a pretty fun augment!
    • Deaths' Harvest
      • I actually don't have any complaints here. I do have a suggestion though:
      • CHANGE CONSUME TO THE TARGETED ONE I MENTION ABOVE.
        • Not sliding past your group of enemies, and instead landing in the center on your target allows synergy with DH by allowing you to get into the pack of enemies, then cast DH. This greatly improves the combat loop of Shadow, over the current loop of:
          • 1 -3 - melee
          • 1 -3 - melee
          • S#&amp;&#036; I accidentally pressed 2.
          • 1 -3 melee
    •  

Anyone here remember Johnny 13 from Danny Phantom? I cannot help but notice that Sevagoth is like a Warframe version of Johnny 13. Like this!

-Ghostly being

-Has a shadow with a mind of its own that can be sent out to attack people from afar.

-Shadow curses others (not exactly bad luck though, then again, having a Tenno show up to whomp you is pretty bad luck).

Anyone else notice this?

You can get a good build with claws for 2 forma.

6 forma is for if you want to go full Sacrificial Steel, Viral/heat with Primed fever strike.

I learned that Shadow actually has a sprint that you need to activate like the sprint of any other frame.

Yes it’s melee animations break. That’s no doubt being fixed.

If you’re having issue with the range of the claws, use the block forward combo. The drill maneuver has good range around it. Also you know you literally have an ability for shadow that pulls enemies into a group right in front of you.

Because of how obscure the Auras work between Sevagoth and his Shadow I can't tell what is a bug and what is intended design so here's a list of behaviours with most Auras, the rest is on you guys.

This is based on observation and speculation but here's what I got.

Masquer le contenu

"CA stack" stands for Coaction Drift stacking between Sevagoth and his Shadow.

The following Auras from Sevagoth and his Shadow both stack together :
-EMP Aura (need more tests)
-Infested Impedance (need more tests)
-Shield Disruption | CA stack
-Melee Guidance

The following Auras from Sevagoth and his Shadow both stack together but Sevagoth Aura has no effect on the Shadow :
-Energy Siphon
-Rejunevation

The following Auras from Sevagoth and his Shadow do not stack, the active Aura is only from the one currently being played :
-Aerodynamic
-Brief Respite | CA stack
-Combat Discipline
-Corrosive Projection
-Empowered Blades
-Enemy Radar
-Growing Power
-Loot Radar
-Physique | CA stack
-Power Donation (need more tests)
-Shepherd (it's even possible to see the bonuses stack on the pet for a second when switching between Sevagoth and Shadow)
-Sprint Boost
-Stand United
-Steel Charge
-Swift Momentum

1 hour ago, ebrl said:

and absolutely cleave through 20+ enemies clumped together in front of you

Read that again, then read what I said.

Here, Ill help.
" the claw attack is terribad even with primed reach because it only seems to hit the exact center dot of my crosshairs, there is no cleave to speak of."

Meeeeeaning... the attack does not hit to the sides, only directly in front.
Almost all other melee weapons, even exalted weapons, hit enemies to the sides during a swing. Move forward and swing and you miss. Fun. :/

Archived