Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30: Sevagoth + Epitaph Feedback Megathread (Closed)

[DE]CoreyOnline

1 hour ago, (PSN)Tazzilla88 said:

How? I’ve been trying to figure it out for the last 30 minutes. You can’t be using blind rage because there is no way to get back to 175 efficiency. So the only consistent strength mods left are transient fortitude (55) umbra intensify (44) augur secrets (24) and power drift(15)  which gets you to 238 power strength. You need two efficiency mods for 175 efficiency. And two mods for 175 range. Which is all the slots and no room for flow. And also like an 83% slow. What am I missing? 

Energy Conversion + Augur Secrets + Empower puts you at 224%, which then gets multiplied to 280% by a Nidus specter. As weird as it gets, but it's the only combination I have found that results in exactly 280% ability strength while still matching all the other stats he mentioned.

edit: another (also wrong! see Leqesai's post below) 280% combo: Umbral Intensify + one of Energy Conversion or Empower + Pax Bolt + Nidus specter.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Tazzilla88 said:

How? I’ve been trying to figure it out for the last 30 minutes. You can’t be using blind rage because there is no way to get back to 175 efficiency. So the only consistent strength mods left are transient fortitude (55) umbra intensify (44) augur secrets (24) and power drift(15)  which gets you to 238 power strength. You need two efficiency mods for 175 efficiency. And two mods for 175 range. Which is all the slots and no room for flow. And also like an 83% slow. What am I missing? 

Umbral intensify (rank 9)
Fleeting Expertise (rank 4)
Streamline (rank 4)
Growing Power
Energy Conversion
Primed Continuity
Primed Flow
Stretch
Augur Reach
Cunning Drift/Power Drift

Subsumed Empower for 50% power str bonus <------------

Puts it at 265%/280% power strength
Growing Power and Energy Conversion are needed to bump the power strength but retain the increase as long as gloom is active.

If you want to go full CC with 92% slow this is how you'd do it. 

Following up on this... will definitley be nerfed.

16 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Umbral intensify (rank 9)
Fleeting Expertise (rank 4)
Streamline (rank 4)
Growing Power
Energy Conversion
Primed Continuity
Primed Flow
Stretch
Augur Reach
Cunning Drift/Power Drift

Subsumed Empower for 50% power str bonus <------------

Puts it at 265%/280% power strength
Growing Power and Energy Conversion are needed to bump the power strength but retain the increase as long as gloom is active.

If you want to go full CC with 92% slow this is how you'd do it. 

those nerfs would be fine if they were buffed otherwise. Cuz as is that's the only way to make him semi useful. And isn't something the average player could easily take advantage of. 

2 minutes ago, Velaethia said:

those nerfs would be fine if they were buffed otherwise. Cuz as is that's the only way to make him semi useful. And isn't something the average player could easily take advantage of. 

Just saying. I took this build into sanctuary onslaught and it absolutely removes the risk of death...

It is like pre-nerf limbo+stasis level of good.

Every time I use Sevagoth's Exalted Shadow ability and revert back to his original form, all of his abilities don't align afterwards. For instance I'll use his 1 and the Operator will come out into battle instead of the skill I tried to use. I'll also use melee attacks on enemies during his 4th ability, but he'll automatically use that form's abilities instead of the basic claw attacks.

Also there are no preset Aura Formas on the Exalted Shadow when giving him mods nor are there any for his claws. It's all empty, forcing, I'll say, many players to level this frame, the shadow, and his claws up quite a lot.

18 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

DE never nerfs anything because it is too strong. They only care about the overlap of extreme power and overwhelming usage, and the threshold for "overwhelming usage" is also extremely generous. Sevagoth, being tucked away behind some of the most hated content in the game (and basically requiring Arcane Energize to run Gloom permanently) has nearly zero chance of being nerfed. Besides.... night form Equinox already does something very similar (Equinox' slow caps at 80%, but also reduces enemy damage), and barely anyone cares about night form Equinox.

19 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Just saying. I took this build into sanctuary onslaught and it absolutely removes the risk of death...

It is like pre-nerf limbo+stasis level of good.

Yeah, but I think the point is that many of those mods are not something a mid or low tier player are going to have, at least not easily, especially when some of them require keys to farm, and you either have to get lucky to get a door with the right key, or run a gimped nezha to cheese it. And they leave him still paper thin at his core.

My pipe dream for him is an entirely new form of damage mitigation the game hasn't seen yet. I doubt DE will consider it, but I can dream.

My more realistic changes include: Naramon working on his claws properly (And fixing how Naramon works on OTHER exalted weapons), A boost to the slow on Gloom to 40 or 50% (whether it remains as is, or changing it to enemy attack speed reduction), Increasing Gloom's range from 4-16m to 5-20m, Allow Gloom to continue to fill the shadow meter while in shadow form whenever enemies enter its area, Boosting the damage of Sow (if not make it scale with enemy level), Increasing the range of Sow from 16m to 20m, And finally make Undying Will function when placed on the shadow so you don't have to place it on Sevogoth himself and his already tight build.

These changes, I think, would put him at a really good spot, and free up a little bit of space in my build, and definitely in yours.

1 hour ago, ebrl said:

DE never nerfs anything because it is too strong. They only care about the overlap of extreme power and overwhelming usage, and the threshold for "overwhelming usage" is also extremely generous. Sevagoth, being tucked away behind some of the most hated content in the game (and basically requiring Arcane Energize to run Gloom permanently) has nearly zero chance of being nerfed. Besides.... night form Equinox already does something very similar (Equinox' slow caps at 80%, but also reduces enemy damage), and barely anyone cares about night form Equinox.

Equinox's slow aura is something I used for a very long time and became pretty much useless when you couldn't proc it with self damage. A similar (less effective) build with Equinox is much more squishy than what we can do here wit h Sevagoth.

95% slow with 30m range and 200s uptime is very very overpowered. 

I realized, btw for anyone following my ramblings, that upgrading umbral intensify puts me right at 270% (I believe this is 94.5%) which is a negligible difference between a 95% slow... It is hilariously overpowered. So much so that my previous idea of using the shadow to deal damage isn't even necessary. The only things that are a danger are things that shut down ability use. In which case they become very very dangerous but you can cheese grineer all day long.

Epitaph:

Some data of epitaph has missed,when i first saw its detail,i thought the radial damage and projectile impact part has the same crit&stat chance as the charged damage because u didn't list them seperately.But it is not.The radial damage has low crit and high stat,this should be listed in weapon's intel.

So I have been mostly playing Sevagoth in group play. I decided some solo play and what I found the most jarring is that at low level yeah he can do pretty good damage but his shadow is SO incredibly slow. yeah it has that leap ability but it often leaps you TOO much and even when I pass through enemies I don't always damage them with it.  I am even using rush on exalted shadow and I feel like a snail. The shadows parkour is def weaker than normal warframes. Even at low levels Sevagoth isn't very useful because why use exalted shadow when I can half afk and clear stuff way better with my ignis wraith? The pull range of shadow is about the same range as ignis wraith and my gun doesn't consume energy and has A LOT of ammo. (idk if I've ever ran out of ammo with that weapon). So not only does he do super poor in high level content he isn't even efficient in low level content.

The cooldown on Sevagoth's 2 is WAY too long. Especially if you cast it poorly and only hit one guy. Energy consumption is way too high in both forms. In exalted form it feels like you are supposed to combo. 1, 3, 2 for maximum damage to the most enemies. Pull them in, debuff them, then nuke. But even with high energy efficacy I can really only do that once maybe twice before running out of energy. I've addressed some of these things before but it just feels really bad. I'm wondering if the shadow shouldn't use energy at all? I think I'd prefer small cooldowns. Or maybe they consume soul gage? I'm not sure. Also having to have a full soul gage to go shadow when I often feel like I need to frequently shift forms feels clunky and bad. It's not really a "charge up and nuke" ult like baruuk is and even baruuk can activate it when it's not max and I never have an issue not having it maxed on baruuk. But it's more of a stance than a super powered ult. At least it plays that way. I

Shadow doesn't play like a god tier ult where you become this indestructible entity of DOOM. It does more damage but not in a ridiculous way (and doesn't scale well at high levels). So please allow us to stance dance. I doubt it'll happen but almost feel like the whole thing needs a bit of a rework. Like instead of using soul well to activate exalted shadow maybe use it to cast it's abilities (besides 4). And exalted shadow generates soul well through like auto attacks. Like I love him in theory but he feels bad in practice at all levels both solo and group play. I'm not saying this just to complain. I really want him to be good. He doesn't have to be the best warframe but honestly I think even initial release Xaku was in a better spot than this. At least Xaku while clunky and energy starved could dish out insane damage that scaled fairly well. And he had aoe mind control which helped survive in steel path. I was anticipating making Sevagoth my new main but I don't think I can in his current state.

Please I beg you to give him some refinements. The more I play him the more I feel his flaws. And I keep playing him because I love him conceptually but really would should I play him otherwise when my other favs wisp, xaku, nidus. Let's talk about Nidus because I feel like he is most similiar to nidus. As an "immortal frame". Which is nice and all but nidus actually does decent damage. Far from the best by honestly better than Sevagoth in his current state. Plus Nidus doesn't have an ability that disabled his weapons and in facts his abilities tend to synergise with his weapons. Usually warframe (like protea) who are ability heavy can do decent damage without needing weapons. Or other warframes that abilities are for utility/situational have easy access to weapons (inaros). So please make him viable. I don't wanna feel gimped and weak when I play him versus most other warframes. Either way I'll probably still play him now and again because his kit is my cup of tea. It's the execution that needs refinement.

After spending 11 forma throughout all of Sevagoth's aspects and testing at various levels of play, here are my thoughts:

Breakdown

Sevagoth themselves

The passive is an incredible boon to solo players. It makes Sevagoth a real tough nut to crack. It doesn't work as well in squad play due to the rate at which enemies die, but at least in that situation someone will be there to revive you.

The split energy pool between Sevagoth and Shadow is a bit tricky. It is of my opinion that the two energy pools should be combined and increased, as while it's interesting in concept, having to manage a (fairly expensive) power that drains energy and not actually being able to see how much energy you have left is a real kick in the pants. It pretty strictly enforces the use of Energize to get the most out of the frame in it's current state, due to it being the only way to replenish energy for Sevagoth while in your Shadow state.

Reap, as a 1, is a completely solid ability. It isn't perfect, but it's issues primarily lie in it's synergies with other powers. At face value though, it's completely servicable.

Sow kind of leaves me scratching my head. Dealing true damage is a neat gimmick, but as far as I can gather it's primary purpose is to synergize with Sevagoth's other powers and thus doesn't stand very well on it's own. What it does do great is provide passive healing when you have Gloom up. It lacks, however, when trying to combo with his 1. The setup takes a good few seconds especially for enemies at range, and when faced with higher levels such as on The Steel Path the AoE damage simply does not stack up, even against tightly grouped enemies. For something that requires as much setup as it does, between setting up the debuff, taking note of grouped enemies to best take advantage of the AoE, and guiding your shadow through the targets when I could just be shooting, the Reap what you Sow combo simply needs to do more. Ideally, the explosion portion should do true damage as well, and the % damage for the AoE should be shifted to about 15-20% to still encourage grouping enemies for maximum effect. Alternatively, if Reap ticked damage while in range of enemies instead of just hitting once, and repeatedly could proc Reap+Sow, that might also work and put an emphasis on guiding the Shadow. It doesn't need to be particularly incredible on it's own if it synergizes better with his other powers. Oh, and recastability would be nice.

Gloom is a great ability. I do think it is a little expensive energy-wise, but honestly that's my only gripe. I feel the energy cost is mostly there to reign it in as a Helminth ability. If it was never changed at all, I would not complain.

Shadow

Embrace is a fantastic power, and synergizes well with the rest of both Sevagoth's and Shadow's kit. Can't complain.

Consume is err.. It's another dash power. I feel like it's a little clunky and hard to control, but it does what it's supposed to do I guess.

Death's Harvest isn't a bad power. That said, it overlaps quite a bit with Sevagoth's Reap: It provides the same damage vulnerability debuff at a higher energy cost and while the added range is nice, it's just a bit.. out of place? I don't know - I feel like there was a missed opportunity either here or on Reap.

Shadow Claws are absolutely brutal death dealers. Completely fine.

Shadow itself is a little slow, but it has tools that make up for it, so I won't complain. It's just noticeable especially earlier on with Sevagoth due to the melee focus.

Overall Thoughts

I've heard the opinion that Sevagoth is the first frame since Wisp to not need tweaking after arrival. I disagree - I think Sevagoth is in a similar position to Xaku on launch. While having incredible potential if given a few tweaks, some minor pitfalls keep them from being truly great. That said, I don't think he needs much. His Shadow in particular is in a very good spot, but his base form simply feels a bit lacking. 6/10, passing grade but definite room for improvement.

Loving Sevagoth so far, between the frame, shadow, claws and Epitaph his signature weapon I've dropped 12 forma (including 2 Aura forma.) So I'm definitely invested in this frame.

As some have mentioned, when in Shadow form he feels sluggish (likely due to how the camera pans out to give a wider view.) Not altogether sure what can be done to remedy that feeling, but he could definitely benefit from some snap to his step.

This may be nitpicky, but when you return to Sevagoth from his Shadow, he often turns from the direction you were facing when you swapped back. The effect can be disorienting and often takes me a couple seconds to get my bearings again. I would prefer to be facing the direction I am when I hit my 4 to return from Shadow form.

Also picky, and I realize this is a first for Warframe essentially having two distinct frames to mod under one heading, but here goes: The forma I don't mind so much. But needing a separate exilus adapter for both the main frame and the Shadow seems a bit over the top. If we unlock it for one, it would be real nice to have it unlock for both without the added expense of a second adapter. Again, I know Sevagoth is unique in this regard, but no other frame requires that sort of "overhead" to fully unlock its potential.

EDIT TO ADD: His skills overall mesh pretty well with each other. If I had one complaint, it seems Gloom is a little over-invested in its own animation. Speeding that up would be fantastic.

He's thankfully been fairly bug-free, but I did encounter one tonight (this morning, technically.) Got overwhelmed and downed, and my Shadow was out trying to scoop up enough souls to rez. In the meanwhile, someone from my squad came over and manually rezzed me. When I returned, my Death Well was empty and appeared to be unable to be filled. However, it was a visual glitch only. While it appeared absolutely empty on my screen, I could transform to and from Shadow form as normal. It remained that way for the duration of that session. When I joined a new mission, it was back to normal.

Overall pretty pleased so far. Am hoping for a handful of QoL improvements in the days and weeks to come, but have been very happy with both Lavos and Sevagoth. Keep 'em comin'! 👍🏽

8 hours ago, (XBOX)Orcus Imperium said:

Strange.

I was using gabi (ceres) to take advantage of my affinity booster, naramon's boost and the bonus dark sector exp but i wasn't getting my usual amount of exp, resulting in the claws leveling incredibly slow, even for my, more casual method.

Usually, with my method, a melee weapon takes 11 to 15 minutes(depending on its range and attack speed) to max out.

Probably should just jump in / jump out Sanctuary Onslaught for best results.

I put 3 umbra forms into the Sevagoth (2 in Warframe, 1 in Shadow) Overall, the Sevagoth has a lot of potential and the ability to make a variety of builds.

With the right skill and experience, Sevagoth is as effective as most Warframes.

BUT (it is big "but" for me)

Shadow mobility! 

Shadow need more mobility, i mean, this is ultimate ability with "charge" mechanic. Shadow is melee unit with poor mobility. By mobility, I mean exactly the way of movement. I put all mobility mods in Shadow and i still didnt like Shadow's mobility at all, it just casual warframes movements with poor walk/sprint/parkour speed. This is ultimate ability, but i don't feel it, its like i just switch forms as Equinox.

My best suggestion is to make a shadow movement mechanic like Wukong's cloud (Cloud Walker) - This should not disturb the lore and appearance of Sevagoth, and it will feel much better than it does now. 

I have no complaints about other abilities and mechanics.

On the Steel path Mot survival, Sevagoth feels pretty good (But you need to make an effort and watch the energy+h2o)

whats with the lack of scaling or ways to deal with armor? why bother making gloom do true damage if it doesnt scale? if we're ripping through souls why are we doing radiation damage instead of true damage with Sevagoth's Reap and the shadow's Consume?

basis of the frame is alright, synergy-heavy in a relatively good way

but i simply do not understand why you, DE, keep adding frames with abilities that cant deal with enemy armor to the game, it will never not be frustrating to have a frame that loses 90% of its power when facing 1/3 of the 3 main factions

and it also is very frustrating that you created a formula to make abilities auto-scale with enemy level but so rarely use it

for more specific critique:

Polarities: why does Sevagoth not have an aura polarity? why do the Shadow Claws have no innate polarities whatsoever?

Passive: fine, probably a good basis for a rework of Inaros' passive so its not useless vs high level content

Reap: Confused as to why it deals non-scaling radiation damage? thought this was supposed to be reaping sows :/, also confused as to why the scaling dmg explosion of the Reap/Sow combo isnt true damage and why theres no tooltips about the exacts of this combo(aoe size? % damage? damage type?), also whats the point of being able to command the shadow mid-flight if it can only affect enemies ONCE per cast? i do like that it also applies Death's Embrace tho

Sow: why does this not scale? whats the point of weak flat true dmg? was hydroid's tentacle swarm not enough of a lesson as to why its useless? feels like a defense debuff would be more useful than a flat non-scaling DoT here

Also, ahem, WHY IS IT NOT RECASTABLE?

Gloom: great ability, cost could be a bit lower, but overall his best designed ability imo, 1 issue tho: it gives VERY little meter energy, seems like killing 10 enemies afflicted by Gloom gives me maybe a pixel of meter, vs a full fill by killing ~5  enemies afflicted by Sow

Exalted Shadow: feels like it could use an increase in base speed, combos maybe could use some tweaks too, but overall not a bad exalted weapon, yall really need to stop restricted acolyte mods from affecting exalted weapons tho this is getting ridiculous, come on

Embrace: why is the angle not affected by range?

Consume: why is the damage type for this radiation?

Death's Embrace: great AoE debuff, does not solve Sevagoth's issues against armor

Nekros 2? lacking the loot and eye numbing specters... so not really...

My "complaints":

Passive is clunky as heck, I thought I'll have full control of Shadow but nah, it just "dash" when I press m1. Confusing at first, annoyed with the mechanics.

Sow; make it recastable, fixed.

Consume; give us control of it. Y'all made Hydroid's Tidal Surge and Revenant's Reave controllable. Why make the same mistake again?

Epitaph; quick-shot will stagger you with Primed Sure Footed equipped. Please fix.

Overall: Fun frame. Always wanted a more active Nekros, btw I remember hearing Sevagoth spawning minions or something... maybe augments? *Hinthintwinkwink*

On 2021-04-13 at 11:31 PM, PlanckZero said:

no polarity on his shadow's aura slot

That's wrong. It has innate V polarity. I'm currently having to use Steel Charge instead of Energy Siphon due to this.

On 2021-04-13 at 11:31 PM, PlanckZero said:

no polarity on the shadows exalted weapon's stance.

That's the same for all Exhalted weapons. No Exhalted weapon has need for a stance polarity because no Exhalted stance gives mod points or can even be switched out.

So, I just finished investing my 22nd forma into Sevogoth, a few wasted trying out different builds on his core frame, and here is what I have settled on.

FlRDBp6.png

I know what some are probable thinking. "You nerfed the duration on Sow!" And my response to that is SOW WHAT? Get it? "Sow" what? No, seriously, so what? Look at the ability. It can't be recast so long as there is even a single instance of it still going on even a single enemy. Reducing its duration means that is less of an annoyance, and it becomes easier to recast on new enemies that enter its range. Further, you take advantage of shield recovery on Brief Respite and Augur Reach more often this way. A duration reduction can sometimes have a positive effect.

With this build, I did essentially destroy the viability of Reap. Oh well, subsume over it with Helminth Empower. With Helminth Empower and Umbral Infensity (Rank 9), I have 200% ability strength at the start of the mission, for 70% slow on Gloom right away. This is enough for most parkour heavy content where parties pretty much ignore everything on their way to the objective anyways. On missions where we need more (Interception, Survival, Defection, Disruption, etc.), we can pick up an Energy Orb and recast with Helminth Empower for 250% ability strength, getting you 87.5% slow. I also take a nidus specter, which with its Tether, coupled with Helminth Empower and Energy Conversion, I can hit 95% slow.

The core part of the frame CAN NOT take a hit well. It is heavily reliant on being able to slow your enemies and reduce their frequency to hit, as well as recover health between hits, and build shields with Brief Respite and Augur Reach to hopefully let yourself take more than a single hit. I also chose Umbral Vitality over Fiber, because 550% more EHP over 187.5% EHP.

I also take Arcane Energize and Arcane Eruption on the base frame.

Now, in missions where you aren't pole vaulting all over the map (Defense, Interception), I also spend as much time in his shadow form as I can. Here is my build for the shadow:

tO0cBAx.png

Because the ghost is the hardier of the two frames, he benefits more from armor, health, and adaptation. Further, because his abilities all benefit from range, and don't need a lot of it, 175% was plenty. Flow, because his energy pool is low, and a low rank Preparation so that he spawns with more than a pittance of energy. I use Primed Sure Footed in all my builds because knockdowns are annoying AF.

For Arcanes, I take Arcane Energize and Arcane Fury. Now, here is where I would like to make a note. Arcane Energize replenishes energy to all allies in range. This includes Sevogoth himself. So the shadow WILL replenish energy to Sevogoth with Arcane Energize so long as you are close enough. If you're inside the radius of his 28m wide Gloom, you're likely close enough.

So, I mention all of this because it's utterly ridiculous. I've spent so much forma on this frame, and I'm using many mods that are considered difficult to acquire for the average player, and using them at particular ranks to min/max the build for pretty much a single ability on the core frame, and it's not like I'm pinning down a 40 or 50 meter area. I'm CCing a 28 meter area. So that single enemy at 29 meters away can happily just shred the core frame. Most rooms in the game aren't that small.

Also, needless to say, but most of your party will HATE YOU in defense missions.

On 2021-04-14 at 6:52 AM, DSMK2 said:

- Potentially affect Sevagoth's survivability based on Death Well's fullness?

That wouldn't really work unless there was a penalty for having a full bar, like Ember's immolation. That in turn, will severely affect Sevagoth's balancing.

- Probably needs passive chance of minor gain on enemy kills in range (kill a lot more to fill, independent of energy)

Interesting idea.

+ Reap following reticle on aim is neat!

It is neat, but slightly Janky. It's quite easy to get it stuck, especially in confined spaces.

- Unsure of how the Death Well drains relative to this ability

I think it's a consistent drain, not exponential.

- Low energy pool relative to ability costs (I blame Death's Harvest)

Yeah, that is an issue from time to time, especially considering the fact that to use energizing dash, you have to cancel shadow

18 minutes ago, xZeromusx said:

So, I just finished investing my 22nd forma into Sevogoth, a few wasted trying out different builds on his core frame, and here is what I have settled on.

FlRDBp6.png

I know what some are probable thinking. "You nerfed the duration on Sow!" And my response to that is SOW WHAT? Get it? "Sow" what? No, seriously, so what? Look at the ability. It can't be recast so long as there is even a single instance of it still going on even a single enemy. Reducing its duration means that is less of an annoyance, and it becomes easier to recast on new enemies that enter its range. Further, you take advantage of shield recovery on Brief Respite and Augur Reach more often this way. A duration reduction can sometimes have a positive effect.

With this build, I did essentially destroy the viability of Reap. Oh well, subsume over it with Helminth Empower. With Helminth Empower and Umbral Infensity (Rank 9), I have 200% ability strength at the start of the mission, for 70% slow on Gloom right away. This is enough for most parkour heavy content where parties pretty much ignore everything on their way to the objective anyways. On missions where we need more (Interception, Survival, Defection, Disruption, etc.), we can pick up an Energy Orb and recast with Helminth Empower for 250% ability strength, getting you 87.5% slow. I also take a nidus specter, which with its Tether, coupled with Helminth Empower and Energy Conversion, I can hit 95% slow.

The core part of the frame CAN NOT take a hit well. It is heavily reliant on being able to slow your enemies and reduce their frequency to hit, as well as recover health between hits, and build shields with Brief Respite and Augur Reach to hopefully let yourself take more than a single hit. I also chose Umbral Vitality over Fiber, because 550% more EHP over 187.5% EHP.

I also take Arcane Energize and Arcane Eruption on the base frame.

Now, in missions where you aren't pole vaulting all over the map (Defense, Interception), I also spend as much time in his shadow form as I can. Here is my build for the shadow:

tO0cBAx.png

Because the ghost is the hardier of the two frames, he benefits more from armor, health, and adaptation. Further, because his abilities all benefit from range, and don't need a lot of it, 175% was plenty. Flow, because his energy pool is low, and a low rank Preparation so that he spawns with more than a pittance of energy. I use Primed Sure Footed in all my builds because knockdowns are annoying AF.

For Arcanes, I take Arcane Energize and Arcane Fury. Now, here is where I would like to make a note. Arcane Energize replenishes energy to all allies in range. This includes Sevogoth himself. So the shadow WILL replenish energy to Sevogoth with Arcane Energize so long as you are close enough. If you're inside the radius of his 28m wide Gloom, you're likely close enough.

So, I mention all of this because it's utterly ridiculous. I've spent so much forma on this frame, and I'm using many mods that are considered difficult to acquire for the average player, and using them at particular ranks to min/max the build for pretty much a single ability on the core frame, and it's not like I'm pinning down a 40 or 50 meter area. I'm CCing a 28 meter area. So that single enemy at 29 meters away can happily just shred the core frame. Most rooms in the game aren't that small.

Also, needless to say, but most of your party will HATE YOU in defense missions.

I was looking at subsuming the shadow for mag’s pull. Pull had a higher base range and pull angle. It feels like it might be a good way to deal with those enemies out of range but still in the room. It also feels like that’s all the shadow really adds to the kit is a pull into slowed melee. When I hop back on I’ll give it a go and report back if it shores up the hole in his defense. 

Archived