Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30: Sevagoth + Epitaph Feedback Megathread (Closed)

[DE]CoreyOnline

Have you guy tried steel path that isn't survival / defense ? he is awful because easily one shot by enemy (his main form) and his shadow can only go against enemy in horizontal line, if there is enemy on up / down and circle him, he is helpless because a few shots by enemy, your frame is almost dying and his life drain can be used with enemy in straight line only.

8 hours ago, LivanB said:

Dude while you playing in with shadow he does become invulnerable. And the shadow has average survivability on the stats. 
Reap Sow and Gloom are just there to keep his exalted up.

Do you mean Sevogoth is invulnerable? Yeah. I know that. The shadow is still pretty much a secondary health pool where you're limited to melee attacks. The shadow actually has decent armor compared with most frames. His survivability is pretty significant. But if and when the shadow dies or the pool runs out on his shadow, you're once again back in the core frame. And once again, having to desperately build his pool back up to try to get back into the shadow form.

On the Sevagoth mega thread, there is one high level viable build for his core frame so far, and that incorporates very high ability strength, high efficiency, and high range, while having very little in the way of durability to try to get the slow on Gloom up to as close to the 95% cap as possible in a large enough radius to be tactically effective. And the build sacrifices Reap in order to get that high strength by subsuming over it with Helminth Empower.

This is the point. There is very very little for viable build diversity. Against pretty much any enemy of significantly high level, Sow and Reap do a pittance for damage, and are solely there to try to fuel his ghost form. They essentially made one warframe, the melee only ghost form, and the core frame itself is pretty much there to try to fuel its usage. That's ridiculous.

my opinion on sevagoth after tried a few times and full forma (14 forma) :

passive: difficult to use and aim because with his #2 i always missed target and sometimes if i fight with enemy that has knockback enemy , it keep struggle me back and forth until death

Reap: this look most awesome to me, i like how fast cast speed can be, so you could cast while u attacking enemy but duration is too short so i always have to cast 1-2 times per enemy which is awfully drain quite energy and this ability doesn't have any cc so enemy be able to kill you in this defenseless stance because you stand next to them.

Sow: this is good nuke for low level but worthless in high level due to its very low damage and do nothing else, maybe you should add some cc with his in lack of damage parts and please make it possibly to re-cast because waiting for duration over is a pain.

Gloom: this ability look good for me, it keep help your frame survive even in Steel Path, but the problems is too much energy hungry and when you moved to shadow, this ability keep energy drain and when u returned to your main form again, you will find that your energy is zero and with enemy surround, you are dying due to lack of energy to cast ability which is horrible.

Exalt Shadow: this ability is good but please make it recastable even your gauge is not full because you will find a situation which you have a hard time that force you to your main form but you will end up dying instead because you couldn't switch back to your shadow, for example: enemy like shadow stalker which always possibly to cancel your ability.

Embrace : this ability is good enough, but please make wider angle to cast for because this ability is useless if didn't cast on narrow path , for example enemy surround in circle both first floor and second floor (especially in Steel Path which killed you in a few hits)

Consume: i dislike this ability the most because too hard to aim, difficult to control and always stuck in glitch in any obstacle, also the angle range is too short and it need like 100% accuracy to properly get some hp from your enemy and it's difficult to execute that because you are in dire situation.

Death's Harvest: please lower energy cost for this ability, i have hardtime to use this due to too much energy consume and low duration, also if you can add some cc , it would be nice because his shadow is lack of cc aside from embrace which have small angle and narrow path.

Overall, after i tried this in Steel Path, i felt too low hp / armor which make him struggle to survive and always dying most of the time, it's not fun to play if he keep dying, and energy always ran out due to his Gloom which is awful. In Steel Path, it like u can hardly use your main form, you have to rush your stacking gauge meter by your 1st & 2nd ability, if you couldn't complete in time to cast your exalt shadow then only death awaiting you because your main form has too low hp / armor to stand in Steel Path ground. Also if you fight with enemy that can cancel your ability, you also doomed as well (for example: shadow stalker) because it force you back to your helpless main form and unable to recast your shadow form again until gauge full which instant killed after a few hits by enemy. This warframe has quite hard time to stay in Steel Path , aside from that it's good enough (but i haven't test if you play normal mission which has lv200+ , will result stay the same as steel path?)

On 2021-04-14 at 2:42 AM, Rovaeden said:

interesting if he used his Health Pool in place of Energy.

I dont really see the point, inaros, garuda, and even nekros with his aug all do this already

I dont think it would be interesting seeing it a 4th time

This would give him a unique and interesting risk / reward gameplay style in which he burned his health to use his powers which in turn drained life from his enemies to keep him in the fight.

Even this wouldnt feel worth it. Hes risk reward enough imo, some already think hes too squishy

I think Garuda is best if you really want that risk reward gameplay with health. Low health gives her increased damage so, shes perfect for that. Dont think we need another

5 hours ago, (NSW)Electropuncher said:

Baruuk is literally a worse version of Excalibur. I think we've kind of hit the limit on what Warframes can do for the time being.

There are 45 other Warframes. Find another one you actually like if this one brings nothing to the table for you.

1. What?

2. This is not constructive nor is it the point. DE released this warframe to the entire community in the hopes that a lot of people will enjoy him, and ideally that everyone might enjoy him. They didn't release it just for a few people, and they didn't release it just for those that figure out a single build that makes him viable in high end content with certain mods and arcanes that the average player isn't likely to have. The community as a whole has the right to make suggestions for changes or buffs to the frame in the hopes of seeing him be viable to the largest number of players possible.

1 hour ago, xZeromusx said:

This is the point. There is very very little for viable build diversity. Against pretty much any enemy of significantly high level, Sow and Reap do a pittance for damage, and are solely there to try to fuel his ghost form.

Youre speaking of Steel path level? I build for a little eff, little dur, and a lot of survival mods as opposed to strength and run sp fine, i never struggle to survive or need his ghost form. 

Gloom works wonderfully for survivalbility, and most (if not all) warframes have to rely on that 1 good ability to do high level content typically. Still even with gloom being the best, his other abilities work like lovely treats that all help in high level content unlike other frames whos other abilities usually become useless

I actually changed Sow with Thermal Sunder to get a cool freeze effect after using his secondary weapon Epitaph, making high level missions just a tad bit more relaxed.  Miss out on his powerful interaction between Sow and Reap i know but its fun

I ranked Sevagoth today, and he was entertaining enough in normal mode. However, his shadow is just incredibly clunky. It felt very slow and ponderous. I tried stacking sprint speed to make it feel like it can move sharply, but it still was really clumsy feeling. I like the power set, but I think the Shadow's movement and animations need major tuning. 

Sevagoth Rework

I find Sevagoth extremely clunky to play.

It occurred to me that his abilities would be an awful lot more interesting if he used his Health Pool in place of Energy.

This would give him a unique and interesting risk / reward gameplay style in which he burned his health to use his powers which in turn drained life from his enemies to keep him in the fight.

I have no issue with his abilities, but his shadow is painfully clumsy and slow. I really disliked the experience; until that gets snappier and more agile, he's a nonstarter for me.

Xbox One:

TYPE: Sevagoth's Shadow Issue

DESCRIPTION: Issue is similar to the bug regarding the transition from warframe to operator, back to warframe where you automatically trigger abilities when hitting the corresponding buttons instead of being able to jump, reload, switch weapons, or melee.

EXPECTED RESULT: Proper Function of Shadow regardless of how many times summoned.

OBSERVED RESULT: The first cast of Shadow works perfectly, able to use abilities and melee at will. After Reuniting, any subsequent cast no longer function, and you are only able to use Shadow's abilities without being able to jump or melee, along with being unable to bullet jump as hitting Left Bumper (LB) causes you to reunite and instantly hop out into your operator.

REPRODUCTION RATE: Almost guaranteed to occur.

Will attempt to get a video and link when uploaded.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Youre speaking of Steel path level? I build for a little eff, little dur, and a lot of survival mods as opposed to strength and run sp fine, i never struggle to survive or need his ghost form. 

Gloom works wonderfully for survivalbility, and most (if not all) warframes have to rely on that 1 good ability to do high level content typically. Still even with gloom being the best, his other abilities work like lovely treats that all help in high level content unlike other frames whos other abilities usually become useless

I actually changed Sow with Thermal Sunder to get a cool freeze effect after using his secondary weapon Epitaph, making high level missions just a tad bit more relaxed.  Miss out on his powerful interaction between Sow and Reap i know but its fun

I'm not just talking about steel path. And if you're replacing Sow with something you consider better, then we're back to the discussion of what would make Sow worth more to keep?

12 hours ago, LoneWolf9989 said:

That wouldn't really work unless there was a penalty for having a full bar, like Ember's immolation. That in turn, will severely affect Sevagoth's balancing.

Penalty? Anyways had a think about filling the Death Well for survivability: Once Exalted Shadow can be used (Death Well is glowing) Sevagoth gains an auto block via their Shadow from where they're facing. Would help a ton for survivability while forcing the player to adjust their position relative to enemies... And would give Sevagoth's (really thick) mantle/scarf some flavor and would be a reminder of Shadow's loyalty to their master at the end of the Call of the Tempestarii quest.

12 hours ago, LoneWolf9989 said:

It is neat, but slightly Janky. It's quite easy to get it stuck, especially in confined spaces.

On the plus side, at least Reap can be recast (without any huge cast animation thankfully) while the Shadow is going around.

15 minutes ago, DSMK2 said:

Penalty? Anyways had a think about filling the Death Well for survivability: Once Exalted Shadow can be used (Death Well is glowing) Sevagoth gains an auto block via their Shadow from where they're facing. Would help a ton for survivability while forcing the player to adjust their position relative to enemies... And would give Sevagoth's (really thick) mantle/scarf some flavor and would be a reminder of Shadow's loyalty to their master at the end of the Call of the Tempestarii quest.

13 hours ago, LoneWolf9989 said:

This makes sense should just be a thing in general to help Sevagoth survive when not in shadow. Also reminds me a lot of Ansem Seeker of Darkness' shadow from kingdom hearts which is what which while it can attack primarily serves as a shield block attacks. 

Another thing super rough about steel path as Sevagoth is when an acolyte spawns (seems to have a super high rate in steel path). They'll constantly cancel your shadow. Could you please make it so acolytes and stalker can't cancel shadow? It's not a normal ability and because of how dependant we are on it I'd rather not 100% of the time lose to an acolyte or stalker while soloing with Sevagoth.

• TYPE: In Game.
  • DESCRIPTION: Sevagoth's Melee Animations don't work while moving and meleeing. It's kinda weird. Also the backflip combo seems to be very stiff, unlike in the quest.
  • VISUAL: Using Sevaoght's shadow and moving while meleeing causes his animations to not work. He basically just jiggles side to side instead of doing his awesome combos like in the quest!
  • EXPECTED RESULT:  Animations work like in the quest.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Sevagoth's Shadow melee animation don't play while moving and meleeing.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Every Time.

I think Sevagoth's shadow needs a significant speed increase and his claws need some more reach and damage. His shadow-form feels too slow for a melee focused super mode, and the shadow's health isn't all that high. It having separate mods from Sevagoth himself also makes it very expensive to mod, which adds to the inconvenience and clunkiness there.

I'd say that buffing the shadow form's health, shields, damage, and speed by 50% each would make his shadow-form a lot more potent and viable as a start.

As a contrast I just did a few steel path runs with Nidus. Another immortal frame and one of my fav warframes especially for high level content. I did infinitely better than Sevagoth and Nidus hasn't been forma'd nearly as much. Nidus isn't known for doing boss damage compared to like Saryn but he does good enough damage to effortlessly kill things in steel path level 100 stuff purely with his abilities. Though my melee was able to do more damage for the most part. Still it feels like Sevagoth doesn't scale much. While Nidus actually does scale. Most immortal frames like Inaros and nidus feel MORE fun and useful at super high level. Before steel path I didn't play Nidus too much cuz his immortality was kinda pointless when I could bring like equinox and nuke an entire room.  While Ic an still do that with equinox effectively I still have more fun with nidus cuz I'm not stressing that a single blow might take me down. Sevagoth in steel path is pretty much pure stress. You can relax a tiny but in shadow but if an acolyte spawns on you? well rest in pieces I guess. Meanwhile on nidus I effortless melted the acolyte along with like what had to be 50 infested on me in mobile defense. I would've died within 2 seconds of the acolyte spawning on Sevagoth. 1 second he knocks me out of shadow, 2 second he kills me and runs away. I don't mind complicated frame but he was kinda sold as a immortal frame. But like so Nidus has to build up his immortality too. But in most steel path missions I can get to 100 stacks (how many cheat deaths is that 6?) within 5 minutes or less. Meanwhile it takes about 5 min to power up shadow on sevagoth and that gives me exactly one cheat death and unlike Nidus zero invulnerability time, and not even a knockback or any form of cc to prevent me from instantly dying once I go back to Sevagoth. 

I'll continue to give feedback. I really want more for Sevagoth. I'd main him if he was as viable as Nidus. H

• TYPE: In-Game / Sevagoth warframe - PC
  • DESCRIPTION: after exiting Sevagoth's shadow form, FOV is lowered to default 
  • VISUAL: when i use the exalted shadow of sevagoth and when I exit it by running out of souls my FOV is lowered to default 65 but there is no change in settings, does not happen when i hit 4 before the meter is entirely drained, its back to normal after getting to orbiter
    heres a video: https://youtu.be/5B03-s1yW5U 
  • EXPECTED RESULT: having the same FOV as i have in my settings
  • OBSERVED RESULT: FOV is lowered to default
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: when i run out of souls with sevagoth

-And proof its not just me with this problem: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jjklKUEVMJ9yhBh9DBVTPX8oNlQnx-rF/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bP_qoMueJDfBUXr13m4wF5oMCOioowwS/view?usp=sharing

24 minutes ago, FallenDisco said:

I mean, if you do get oneshoted you have passive. That's what I love about warframe in terms of ability design. He has everything he needs and everything is well thought. Just few fixes here and there and some love for base form in terms of damage input 

A passive that can't always save you cuz his lunge attack misses over half the time and even if it didn't doesn't do sufficiently high damage to guarantee 5 kills at high levels. 

Edit: OR your death shadow dies. And you death shadow doesn't seem to use stats based off of your exalted shadow? Even with vitality on my shadow it has 300 hp. I also believe it gets its strength and range from Sevagoth. 

Edit 2: The stat thing may have been a bug with it not using my chosen loudout for some reason?

After a little bit more time with Sevagoth since my last reply to this thread, I have refined my opinion on the frame and have identified three major sticking points with his balance.

Reap needs to tick it's damage and trigger Sow repeatedly to enemies that are in range. It currently only damages enemies once when they initially enter it's range. The conclusion the user comes to, then, is to repeatedly spam the power on top of a clump of enemies to get any sort of significant effect out of it, even in combination with Sow. This exasperates Sevagoth's already strained energy economy, and frankly just isn't fun to have to do.

Sow just needs to do a touch more. It really feels like it's missing a stagger or some other short-form cc to give you a bit of breathing room to throw your Reap out. It doesn't need to be much at all, but Sevagoth is severely lacking a "get off me" button of any type which makes it incredibly difficult to do all of the casting he wants to do, and I find myself casting Sow instinctively in these situations only to find that it hasn't helped at all.

Lastly, Sevagoth and Shadow need their energy pools added together. Too many times have I returned to Sevagoth after using Shadow, only to find that Shadow has eaten all of the energy drops and Sevagoth is running on empty. Without energy, Sevagoth is dead in the water due to his reliance on Gloom for survival.

So this might seem a little weird but I came up with a sort of drunk build for Sevagoth that literally been considerably more effective. Now I wanted say there as good as nidus still but they're much better and actually feel playable in steel path. In short it's a pure survival build. Because there is some kind of weird scaling on the exalted weapons I am still melting things. It's literally just survival, efficacy and rage. I only "died" twice quickly revived. And honestly stayed at high health most of the time. In a 15 min 110 level survival. This doesn't dismiss ANY of what I've said before. Sevagoth needs a lot of refinements. I was just able to be beef up my defense. Still it limits build freedom so it's still flawed. But it does make him playable. though there is little reason to pick him over Nidus other than he's more fun. Still less effective. But hoping the buffs in the next days/weeks will put them at nidus level. 

Edit: I was even able to kill 2 acolytes though it did require some cheesing. Basically need to survive long enough to shadow then you need to use embrace and for some reason the acolytes can't or won't break out of the CC effect from that so they just float there hapless for a few seconds while you go ham on them. I don't think this method would work on stalker. 

Edit Part 2: Let me list the mods I am using. 

Energy Syphon. Quick Thinking. Fleeting Expertise (only upgraded to 3). Streamline. Rage. Primed Continuity. Primed Flow. Hunter Adrenaline. Vitality. It's pretty spendy and with only one forma on Sevagoth himself can't afford an exilus. I'd use rush if I had the mod capacity for it because he desperately needs speed.

I use the exact same mods with exalted shadow. With the exception of steel charge instead of energy syphon. 

(It'll need forma to be fully efficient) 

The only nitpick I have with Sevagot his that I wish his Shadow form would follow the dual energy channels instead of only focusing on the left energy color, thus mismatching Sevagoth energy colors and Shadow energy colors.Warframe0000.jpgWarframe0001.jpgWarframe0002.jpgWarframe0003.jpg

Archived