Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Energized Munitions

UdsUds

Energized munition currently is good already in my opinion.

Thou I still think it can be better with EITHER of the following suggestions:

• *Auto reload magazine on cast* 
  • Add a small Area of Effect on weapons (eg. 3m with 0 falloff)
  • Longer Duration

Disagree with the auto reload magazine and small AOE thing. Both of these are not good suggestions.

The longer duration, however, is very desirable. I'd even argue for it being like 2x the current value. Energized Munitions, as is, is pretty crappy.

24 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Disagree with the auto reload magazine and small AOE thing. Both of these are not good suggestions.

The longer duration, however, is very desirable. I'd even argue for it being like 2x the current value. Energized Munitions, as is, is pretty crappy.

I concur. The base duration should be at least 10 seconds, id personally love 15 though. 

15 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Energized Munitions, as is, is pretty crappy.

It's pretty decent currently if you have found a use for it, like unleashing hell on your Lich, Acolytes, etc. (se helo to my lil fren, brt...brt..)

Thou the way we choose skills from helminth makes this skill less desirable, so that is why I propose some improvements.

15 minutes ago, UdsUds said:

It's pretty decent currently if you have found a use for it, like unleashing hell on your Lich, Acolytes, etc. (se helo to my lil fren, brt...brt..)

Thou the way we choose skills from helminth makes this skill less desirable, so that is why I propose some improvements.

"Thou"

As You Wish Cary Elwes GIF by Disney+

But yeah I agree with you. There is definitely a niche use for Energized Munitions, unfortunately it is crap compared to the other options available to users just like you've mentioned. Honestly, for liches/acolytes etc. There are plenty of options available to players without needing to use Energized Munitions.

On 2021-04-20 at 2:04 AM, Leqesai said:

I just use it with a frame that can constantly gain energy and is tough AF. Pretty good on a rage Wukong build (since you also build duration).

It just needs to be a one-handed skill to be better imho.

9 minutes ago, ganjou234 said:

I just use it with a frame that can constantly gain energy and is tough AF. Pretty good on a rage Wukong build (since you also build duration).

It just needs to be a one-handed skill to be better imho.

It can be useful but it is a niche skill. There are numerous better subsume abilities for a wukong that is described the way you have done.

Is cool and all that we are discussing things here..

On 2021-04-20 at 2:04 AM, Leqesai said:

May I just ask you why is it a bad idea, sight some scenarios if you can please.

My reasoning is that on either the two which we don't agree:

• Auto reload is pretty doable even with low duration. 
  • Explosion radius is big enough (3 meters) to clear a clump of enemies but not that game breaking.

One thing is clear tho, We all agree that we like longer duration. 

2 hours ago, UdsUds said:

Is cool and all that we are discussing things here..

May I just ask you why is it a bad idea, sight some scenarios if you can please.

My reasoning is that on either the two which we don't agree:

• Auto reload is pretty doable even with low duration. 
  • Explosion radius is big enough (3 meters) to clear a clump of enemies but not that game breaking.

One thing is clear tho, We all agree that we like longer duration. 

Adding an AOE to projectiles that are not intended to have AOE is simply not a good idea. 

Soma Prime with an added AOE explosion? Right...

Auto Reload is also silly because the whole point of the ability is to increase ammo efficiency, not reduce reload timers. It doesn't make sense.

4 hours ago, UdsUds said:

Explosion radius is big enough (3 meters) to clear a clump of enemies but not that game breaking.

Explosive weapons come with limitations that single target weapons generally do not.

I'll point out too that if this explosion causes self stagger, you're needlessly diluting the ability's main purpose with an unrelated thing that some people are going to regard as a nuisance.   (If it doesn't include self stagger, see point #1.)

In other words, if it's not working well at its job, fix that

I'm all for a duration buff.  Not sure about the instant reload.

On 2021-04-19 at 7:25 PM, UdsUds said:

Energized munition currently is good already in my opinion.

Thou I still think it can be better with EITHER of the following suggestions:

• *Auto reload magazine on cast* 
  • Add a small Area of Effect on weapons (eg. 3m with 0 falloff)
  • Longer Duration

This ability, in the state that it's currently, is crap. You only use this in meme builds with Soma Prime or similar weapons. Is too expensive to use constantly because of the low duration.

I wouldn't change it, but rather completely revamp it into something else.

51 minutes ago, ElecDeathblade said:

This ability, in the state that it's currently, is crap. You only use this in meme builds with Soma Prime or similar weapons. Is too expensive to use constantly because of the low duration.

I wouldn't change it, but rather completely revamp it into something else.

I disagree. It does have uses, but they are niche in the sense that only frames like Wisp/Gauss/Harrow can utilize it, since it essentially negates their otherwise ammo hungry game styles. The biggest issues is that the base duration is too small, and needs to be at least doubled or tripled, and then for a secondary effect to be added to it. I hesitate suggesting it but something like “adds 25% (scaling with strength) bonus damage to shots for the duration” would be a nice incentive for frames like rhino/chroma that are already major gun platforms that enjoy more damage to boot. The issues with that is such a change essentially nullifies shooting gallery’s usefulness and lord knows we have too much damage creep as it is. 

on another note, since you are for a complete revamp of the ability, what would you change? 

@ElecDeathblade

Many tenno will disagree with just outright calling it crappy. It has some uses, and it really shines "niche" if you tailor everything around it. I don't need to state samples because you already know the "Soma meme build". Also, this is why I'll disagree with the revamp and will ONLY suggest an additional effect; ~ like previous points.. 

Me & Some tenno above already agree that it needs more duration. 

I'm using it on Chroma to make sure my archgun is recharged on the profit taker fight and on Titania when lephantis shows up on a sortie.

I'd love auto reload on cast for Titania, I also don't think it would make the ability too OP, as I think Helminth exclusive abilities aren't meant to be strong.

AOE on everything sounds a bit too good, especially if it scales with range.

Longer duration sounds good, but the ability is still good without it, it lasts long enough to deplete your x4 magazine/clip/Idon'tknowrlguns if you have some duration on the Warframe.

• 1 month later...

BUMP+

Make strength affect energize munition but only positively (does not affect build with negative strength)

An additional 200 strength (300 UI strength total) will get to 100% ammo efficiency.

Archived