The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee Rework

IHWIP

I am an avid Banshee lover. She was my first love and will always have a sweet spot in my heart. That being said, she has fallen due to power creep. Particular the buff/debuff abilities like Roar and M.Prime tend to outshine Sonar. I don't believe Sonar is useless however. It has a much better multiplier etc. It may need a buff. Maybe tie the multiplier to power strength boosts?

Silence needs to be done away with however. What I would suggest is that Silence be replaced with a cone effect similar to Pull but that ragdolls away like an extra powerful Sonic Boom. I am not saying we should make it 25 power. I am saying we should make it do more damage, maybe twice that of Sonic Boom and then a minor ragdoll. I don't ask for much, no enemies flying off into the abyss or anything.

While I entirely agree with the sentiment that Banshee's fallen behind with power creep, two things:

A) Sonar, as far as I know, does already benefit from power strength boosts.

B) The Banshee players are sadly (or should that be thankfully?) not as vocal as the Rhino crowd, so I doubt DE's going to be paying much attention to the frame with one and a half decent skills.

EDIT: To be a bit more constructive:

1. Sonic Boom isn't bad, although if Mag's gonna ragdoll, why not Banshee?

2. Sonar is solid, although the weak spot needs to be easier to spot when in conjunction with elemental effects.

3. Silence is just awful and needs to die. What do they put in its place? If they want Banshee to be at all stealthy (as the frame description states), I'd suggest some kind of invisibility thing, or a passive of some sort.

4. Soundquake was always a really fun skill, but it's utility is outshined and its damage pales in comparison to the revamped/new frames. It either needs to be more CC or more damage, if you ask me.

Edited by SilentCynic

i also love banshee prob my fav frame due mainly to her underdog status

im happy with sonic boom and sonar, although i think sonar should not be cancelled out with some other skills/states

soundquake really needs a look at imo, not that it should be the op damage ult is was before but if its a utility ult then it should have a longer duration and much larger radius of stagger or failing that some other side effect to CC the enemy - just to make it worth its energy cost

silence also is not reliable, would it not be better for silence to affect the squads weapons for a duration (exactly like the suppression mods) instead of making it try and affect the actual enemies for a range/duration with bugs ?