Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Day after day, more people are subsuming out Protea's temporal anchor...DE should make it more important, how?

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

Replacing a Warframe ability using the helminth is ok, it can be an ability that's a bit useless.

Replacing Something like paralysis from Valkyr, is ok because it's not an impactful power for Valkyr's theme, or kit.

But when you subsume out an ability like Temporal anchor, an ability that's such a crucial part in her theme and lore, then there is something wrong.

I know TA's issues, it does nothing new, nothing that the rest of Protea's abilities doesn't do.

In my Opinion, one thing none of her abilities have is FORWARD mobility and speed

So they should give TA some sort of speed, but not when going backwads.

Like, if you hold Temporal anchor instead of tapping it, Protea doesn't rewind back, but she keeps the rewinding speed for the remaining duration...giving her Increased TOTAL animation boost.

I know it won't make people keep this ability, but it'd at least provide something, that the rest of her kit doesn't have.

9 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

I know it won't make people keep this ability, but it'd at least provide something, that the rest of her kit doesn't have.

What benefit does your change offer? You want to add something unique to the ability, but also still plan for everyone to remove it. That sounds like a waste of DE's time.

17 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Replacing a Warframe ability using the helminth is ok, it can be an ability that's a bit useless.

Replacing Something like paralysis from Valkyr, is ok because it's not an impactful power for Valkyr's theme, or kit.

But when you subsume out an ability like Temporal anchor, an ability that's such a crucial part in her theme and lore, then there is something wrong.

Look, every person replaces abilities based on their tastes. There is no "this is ok to delete from this frame kit and this isn't". Also, can you provide the stats that show that "day after day people replaces temporal anchor"? Just to see how much replaced it is.

This is the same as thinking that frames should be modded in just one way, #*!% that mindset.

15 minutes ago, Wolfdoggie said:

Day after day, more people continue to never ever use Hydroid, ever. DE should make him more important as a priority above all other frames as veteran priviledge cuz he's old as the ocean.

Everytime anyone brings up a conversation about a certain frame, there is just going to be that person who's going to mention other Warframes. 

I guess it's inevitable.

What i mean is, i agree with you, some Warframes are obviously weaker and need more help than others.

But that doesn't mean you have to mention it in every other Warframe thread though.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Everytime anyone brings up a conversation about a certain frame, there is just going to be that person who's going to mention other Warframes. 

I guess it's inevitable.

What i mean is, i agree with you, some Warframes are obviously weaker and need more help than others.

But that doesn't mean you have to mention it in every other Warframe thread though.

Not 'other' Warframes, the oldest one in the poorest condition. New frames being tweaked is irrelevant till Hydroid is finally addressed. Priorities need focused correctly. I'd actually be offended if they 'buffed' one of Protea's abilities before any of Hydroid's.

14 minutes ago, krc473 said:

What benefit does your change offer? You want to add something unique to the ability, but also still plan for everyone to remove it. That sounds like a waste of DE's time.

speed and mobility.

i said people would still probably replace it, because some don't care about mobility, just like some people replace mach rush or tailwind for more damage.

but these aren't the majority, and my point still being that i wish TA had something the other abilities don't have

Temporal Anchor is a super cool power that doesn't really seem to fit Warframe's gameplay. I mean any power that takes you backwards in Warframe has lost the race before it started.

I dunno, maybe instead of dragging you back to the place where you activated the power, it could send a "time double" or something. Heck, maybe instead of speeding back, the time double could go reverse at regular speed, with all of her shots doing AOE damage (to make up for the fact that they're not going to be aimed at enemies).

3 minutes ago, Wolfdoggie said:

Not 'other' Warframes, the oldest one in the poorest condition. New frames being tweaked is irrelevant till Hydroid is finally addressed. Priorities need focused correctly.

sure, i am not against you or anything.

this was just a very specific post, expressing my love for temporal anchor, and how it doesn't get used very often.

i'd talk about hydroid, but i don't play him, is this what a touche is?

3 minutes ago, Wolfdoggie said:

Not 'other' Warframes, the oldest one in the poorest condition. New frames being tweaked is irrelevant till Hydroid is finally addressed. Priorities need focused correctly.

Theres others that you could insert here that need it even more like Valkyr, Frost and Nyx along with Hydriod.

Because Protea for the most part is actually a good warframe, sure her 4th does need work but in the grand scheme of things it should not be close to the top of the list required for work

14 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Look, every person replaces abilities based on their tastes. There is no "this is ok to delete from this frame kit and this isn't". Also, can you provide the stats that show that "day after day people replaces temporal anchor"? Just to see how much replaced it is.

This is the same as thinking that frames should be modded in just one way, #*!% that mindset.

it's not about the concept of replacing the ability, it's why they replace it.

most people i've talked with about the ability, and most posts i've seen about it all agree that it's more detrimental than beneficial, ESPECIALLY because she has 3 more useful abilities.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Cram Duahcim said:

Theres others that you could insert here that need it even more like Valkyr, Frost and Nyx along with Hydriod.

That's why threads like this are so hazardous to the game. Stop drawing away attention from those who came first. They've spent years protecting this galaxy only to get tossed into nursing homes and forgotten.

4 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

Temporal Anchor is a super cool power that doesn't really seem to fit Warframe's gameplay. I mean any power that takes you backwards in Warframe has lost the race before it started.

exactly, all i want, is for it to have the Razorwing blitz treatment. that turned titania from D tier in speed to S

1 minute ago, Wolfdoggie said:

Stop drawing away attention from those who came first.

friend, literally all you have to do, is make a hydroid specific thread, and i'd go there and state all my issues with him...and i do have plenty.

but you can't just expect people to stop talking about the rest of the frame roster, just because one is in crisis.

all i wanna talk about here is Temporal anchor 🤷‍♂️

People subsume it not because the ability is bad, but because her other 3 abilities are instead sooo good. Its the octavia issue. Is her resonator bad? Not at all. Is it easily her most subsumed ability? Yep. 

in the case of anchor, I quite like it. It provides essentially infite energy, an “I cant die for X duration” button, and can do a decent amount of damage, provided you are near enemies when it activates. 

its biggest issue is that, for protea, you dont need 2 infinite energy buttons, and her 1 does plenty for survivability. i dont see how you’re proposed change would fix any of the issues. Her abilities already have rather quick animations, and since shes an ability damage based frame, as opposed to a gun damage based frame, buffing fire rate or melee speeds dont really help either. 

If anything, I probably plan sometime to subsume out her 1 or 3 and see what cool combos I could do with anchor and other frame abilities.  

My personal take would be the following:

Passively, Temporal Anchor always records Protea's actions, up to a certain limit defined by Power Duration. Holding the ability rewinds Protea in time until the ability is released, restoring her to her position and resources at that time. Tap the ability to toggle a failsafe for a persistent Energy drain while on, automatically reverting Protea to the very endpoint of the ability if she receives lethal damage..

43 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

it's not about the concept of replacing the ability, it's why they replace it.

most people i've talked with about the ability, and most posts i've seen about it all agree that it's more detrimental than beneficial, ESPECIALLY because she has 3 more useful abilities.

That's your answer. People doesn't replace the other abilities because are "too good", not because temporal anchor is bad at all. For example, in many cases, people build for Excalibur exalted blade because it's really powerful, but that ability doesn't benefit me, so I've replaced it with many others to try new stuff and make my umbra being able to use 4 abilities in his AI passive form rather than just 3. That doesn't makes me think "Exalted blade sucks", it's "exalted balde doesn't offer me the same value as the other 3 abilities for my gameplay, so I'll dump it". Gameplay tastes and mod(ular) build choices are the core of warframe versatility.

Also, believe me or not, but warframe missions aren't just exterminate and capture, so being anchored to one palce have many benefits instead just rushing to the exit.

Temporal Anchor is a cool ability, but it's 100% a gimmick that doesn't really flow with the gameplay. It would be better if you could just hold it down as long as you wanted to go back as far as you had the energy. Having to set it up ahead of time just makes it needlessly complicated and involved and prevents using it naturally. Like if I wanted to use TA on a map like Hydron to move away from the defense point to kill enemies and rewind back to the objective, I'd have to set the anchor then do my business and hope that it doesn't trigger before I'm done and yank me back. If I could just hold it down as long as necessary I could hop down and fight and hold 4 until I was back where I wanted without having to premeditate placing it initially. Or if I fall off a ledge I could just hold 4 and undo my oopsie. I've subsumed it out as well, and when it's a gimmicky part of her kit that doesn't really interact with her other abilities it was a pretty obvious choice.

44 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Temporal Anchor is a cool ability, but it's 100% a gimmick that doesn't really flow with the gameplay. It would be better if you could just hold it down as long as you wanted to go back as far as you had the energy. Having to set it up ahead of time just makes it needlessly complicated and involved and prevents using it naturally. Like if I wanted to use TA on a map like Hydron to move away from the defense point to kill enemies and rewind back to the objective, I'd have to set the anchor then do my business and hope that it doesn't trigger before I'm done and yank me back. If I could just hold it down as long as necessary I could hop down and fight and hold 4 until I was back where I wanted without having to premeditate placing it initially. Or if I fall off a ledge I could just hold 4 and undo my oopsie. I've subsumed it out as well, and when it's a gimmicky part of her kit that doesn't really interact with her other abilities it was a pretty obvious choice.

the idea to make it a toggle and allow it to rewind me whenever and wherever i want and stop the rewind at any point in time and place i desire, sound really cool.

this can definitely be a potential augment, removing the temporal implosion for these benefits.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

the idea to make it a toggle and allow it to rewind me whenever and wherever i want and stop the rewind at any point in time and place i desire, sound really cool.

this can definitely be a potential augment, removing the temporal implosion for these benefits.

Yeah but as an augment it costs a slot which could provide some added benefit. If anything it ought to be the opposite: hold to rewind is default, and for the cost of a mod slot you can add the explosion mechanic and make it a toggle. Then spending the slot makes sense, because it gives you new mechanics and a new strength.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

The problem with Temporal Anchor is that Grenade fan is cheap to cast and Blaze artillery can only have 3 active turrets so it doesn’t pay to spam it. So there’s no use for an ability that refunds energy spent. Maybe if they let us place like 12 blaze artillery during it.

that's exactly where i'm coming from thanks gears 🤝

at the same time, TA doesn't need any buffs, so people don't get me wrong, it just needs to do something different that the other 3 abilities doesn't already provide...

i thought of mobility, because all first three of her abilities are stationary...

Archived