Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overall Rating & Feedback Of Current Event - The Gradivus Dilemma

Dr_DankLlama

I think that overall the Idea and thoughts behind this event were pretty solid "lets have a war and let the players decisions decide who wins". BUT on the other hand you also sort of ruined that with each side having differing rewards throughout, The idea was to have people choose a side right? but in making different rewards for supporting each node made it more about which had the better item and has therefore affected how a large amount of the warframe community decide on how to fight.

I can see a fair bit of effort went into organising this event and how everything turned out but I honestly think if you had thought over some of the base principals of choosing a side it would of had to be noted that for it to be a proper war that both have the same reward so it really is the "players choice" instead of "oh look, catalyst, I dont care who's side it's on I'll take that" which really does ruin the whole idea of this event.

I think this makes sense? anyway my overall rating of the event will be split into four things.

Idea: 10/10

Execution of Idea: 5.5/10

Effort: 9/10

Lore: 8.5/10

Overall score: 8/10

If none of that above made any sense then here's a breif summary, 

The event while good was executed quite poorly for the ideas that were meant to be a driving factor in this event.

This is all opinion based, everyone else make sure to comment your own ratings of the event below.

Edited by jogrady96

DE should have made clear wether you need 100 missions with one faction to get the tier 3 reward or not. I've seen both views in council chat.

Personally i think it had to be 100 with one faction, but with better balanced difficulty. Grineer napalms and evicerators HURT, corpus mobs are pretty much one-hotted by the sweeper shotgun.

Another thing is the rewards, i supported corpus in hope of getting the dekra (or whatever it is called) i dont like grineer weapons (looks or functionality).

But becuse the grineer are winning the corpus wont reward me for the effort, but i get reverse engineered grineer stuff? wierd.

Edited by Kyota

Idea: 10/10.

Execution: 2/10.

Effort: 10/10.

Lore: 9/10.

I loved this event, but between the bickering from both sides and the neverending, tiresome grinding, it grew old fast. I'm sure if they could do this differently, they would.

I would have to agree with you that the idea was great, but I would have to say the execution was well below average.

Doing the same mission over and over again 100 times to get the T3 reward was not only the very definition of grinding, but is also very boring. Wars aren't just about people killing each other mindlessly, they are about obtaining objectives that help aid the overall war effort. They could have varied up the missions a bit and not have them all be execution missions.

On top of that, there is no reward for faction loyalty. There are people who could keep their Corpus/Grineer mission count even and then would only do one or two missions at the end to switch to the winning side to get the better reward. What about the people who stuck to one side the entire time? It feels like people who played the system are getting a better reward then people who made a decision and stuck to it. I don't think that there should be a faction lock, but I do think that the people who showed loyalty to their side should receive some sort of bonus reward.

The clan dilemma was another big problem. If someone disagreed with the clan's decisions about which side to choose, they had to either grudgingly comply with the clan's decision, leave the clan, or get booted from it. I believe making any event where this happens is a terrible idea. The point of this game is to have fun being a space ninja, not to get into arguments with your clan. Not to mention that the entire outcome of the war would be heavily affected by the biggest clans. Smaller clans and individuals might as well not matter in comparison. I believe that they should have just left the clan rewards completely out of this event. Removing the material rewards would fix allot of the arguments and angst between clan members.

As far as the lore goes, I think they could have done a better job explaining the consequences for each side. Just from reading the basic descriptions, anyone who never bothered to read up on the lore would think that the Grineer had the moral high ground. They were offering to return the Tenno captured by the Corpus. Sounds good right? Who even cares about the enslavement of some colonists that you have never even seen or heard about before? Why worry about keeping the balance in the region when you can save several of your fellow Tenno? Shoot, we can even use those rescued Tenno to hit the Grineer hard after the war ends. Based upon the descriptions given, the Corpus have little to no moral high ground for the player to agree with.

I love the idea of giving the players control of what happens in the universe. I can even tell that effort was put into making this event happen. But I don't think that several of the decisions were thought out entirely.

Edited by Zyion

Personal ratings:

Idea: 8/10

Execution: 2/10

Effort: Meaningless, execution matters, not the intent.

Lore: 4/10

Total (NOT AN AVERAGE):4/10

The idea was cool, but it was also short sighted when it came to Lore, which this all ties back to.  We're Space Ninja, not super soldiers.  However, Lore Wise, we've been up every Origin faction's grill from the word go.  And now both sides want to hire us as contractors and they expect us to play nice?  No.

The next issue was the loot.offered as incentive.  It was unbalanced, and not well implemented.  And definitely gave the Grineer the push they needed to win this fight.

Third Faction Balance.  There is none.  The Corpus is only a threat to low ranked solo Tenno, while the Grineer with their overabundance of overkill and AoE units made this entire event into a joke.  There was no real threat at any time to the Grineer.

But it was a nice idea.

The greatest issue with the event are the battle pays cause most times the side with the better reward won the location. Most people decided for example for a corpus catalyst instead of a grineer reactor or a mutagen instead of credits, same for most other rewards.

Like it was said the greatest missconception are the T3 rewards which are only dependent of the winning side. It is realy sad to see that people who followed their moral or sympathy cant get the reward for which they fighted.

I think DE could do it better next time and i realy hope so because it is a bad decision to "punish" people for supporting the losing side. The smaller issue are the T2 rewards it is good that everyone getting them charged and with a slot but again only dependent of the winning side. In both cases i think people should get the weapons dependent of their support and not the winner.

The next great issue are the missions themself. It is realy boring to do 100 times the same mission structure with nearly the same map architecture and the same mission type.

I think there could be a lot of more missions to do like taking objectives like hospitals, warship airports and things like this .

And the same question like always: why they never make great areas outside? There is so much potential to give a war around mars so much more deepness instead of only walking inside one ship and getting to the next one without real way through the space or over the planet.

(yes i know it would be tons of work for new mission types or missions outside but it would be awesome)

Idea: 7.5

Execution of Idea: 2

Effort: 5

Lore: 7

While I did like the event, I felt like things weren't thought through.  The premise on the event was tipped to grineer begin with and I went full grineer.  Most people would side with grineer to save their kin.  That's why I chose them.  The corpus side had no appeal.  They would wipe us out and hurt our sleeping tenno regardless.  I felt like the corpus side should have gotten another incentive for fighting for them, such as Alad would not hurt the sleeping tenno per say, but offer "treaty" to them to take over the grineer in another planet sector.  However he would experiment on them, super charging them for battle and making them look corpus like, being the moral downside such as with greineer growing stronger in the system.  That way, you would have a fraction lock in.  Fight for the grineer on mars or fight for the corpus on say... earth.  That way, you could make proper rewards for completing missions without the other team seeing what the other side is getting and switch.  Or make the rewards the same.  Another problem was the server lag.  I played as trinity and it was a bear trying to keep track of health of my teammates due to the lag.  By the time my team health bar let me know someone was in trouble, they'd be down.  It would be frustrating.  

Edited by omgitsgarry

Personal ratings:

Idea: 8/10

Execution: 2/10

Effort: Meaningless, execution matters, not the intent.

Lore: 4/10

Total (NOT AN AVERAGE):4/10

The idea was cool, but it was also short sighted when it came to Lore, which this all ties back to.  We're Space Ninja, not super soldiers.  However, Lore Wise, we've been up every Origin faction's grill from the word go.  And now both sides want to hire us as contractors and they expect us to play nice?  No.

The next issue was the loot.offered as incentive.  It was unbalanced, and not well implemented.  And definitely gave the Grineer the push they needed to win this fight.

Third Faction Balance.  There is none.  The Corpus is only a threat to low ranked solo Tenno, while the Grineer with their overabundance of overkill and AoE units made this entire event into a joke.  There was no real threat at any time to the Grineer.

But it was a nice idea.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL