Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Call of the Tempestarii: Hotfix 30.0.6

[DE]Megan

I found the gloom change to be a good change, as always saw it as a supplement/support for melee combat.

So long as you dont use it like a set and forget ability like Nova you should find that your energy overall drains less when weaving and breaking through enemies, since less enemies=less energy costs.

Tried a railjack storm last night,. it was super buggy.

Some more patches and playtesting is definitely required.

also, it's dumb to say the least, when your crew can join, and sit there idle.

we need a kicking mechanic badly. Or some anti idle measure in missions like this.

10 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

NOTE: there is another planned change which missed this build, which prevents the energy cost from increasing to 1.5 per enemy, and caps the drain at a maximum of 10 enemies. Look for that in the near future.

Here's hoping this cap comes quick, because steel path shoots that drain up to 50 a second, easily.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb ---Swaggi---:

Dont see the sense here since it was already a very energy hungry ability...

Ok after bit of testing when u wanna use Gloom now your build must have max Efficiency or freaking low range so not much enemies will be empty your energy bar. 

Previously i ran a build with 155 Duration, 130 Effi and Rage and that worked pretty fine. This build absolutely doesnt work anymore. I ran out of Energy continously... Pretty sad... 

With max Effi (175%) and Rage its kinda useable again but a max Effi no Primed Flow (187 Energy then) Build doesnt really work either now. Unless you bring full Set of Arcane Energize and subsumed Ability like Dispensary and/or Sahasa Kubrow alongside with you.

So that change made the modding pretty unhealthy since in order to use Gloom properly you either recast it frequently or you have to run a high Efficiency Build with additional Energy Sources (e.g. Arcane Energize, subsumed Dispensary, Sahasa Kubrow Ability).

From my POV this change was not really neccessary. As i said in my first line it was a already Energy hungry Ability and running with a negative Efficiency (<100%) made the ability already kinda useless because of its tremendous energy consumption over time. In order to compensate that you already needed to take certain measures to use it properly.

Now you took that to a whole other level which appears like arbitrariness. 

I suggest either halve the additional energy consumption or revoke it.

Thx

Honestly, it is one of the strongest abilities in game and makes you basically invincible if specced correctly. So you should only be able ot use it permanently, if you specifically mod for it. But I also have to agree. To make this ability run, you need high strength, you need flow + Streamline + Fleeting + Energize and since Sevagoth is a melee frame, you need some survivability as well. This is a lot of commitment for one single ability.

1 hour ago, Gemini145 said:

And gloom isn't even breaking-game level OP.

Then you haven't modded your Sevagoth right.

And of course it depends a bit on the mission type as well, but Gloom sure does feel like one of the OP'est abilities currently in the game. It's the Kuva Nukor-equivalent of abilities, in sheer OP effectiveness (and "combinations"). But maybe we needed something new to compete with stuff like invis, Cataclysm etc. ...

I actually think it is another case of the community pushing the boundaries in "non-expected" directions. Which actually is one of the really fun things to do in the Warframe sandbox (and we should all be eternally grateful to DE for sticking with this "problematic openness" of design). The "Gloom slow" might originally have been intended for use with switching between Sevagoth/shadow (since it was explicitly stated that you could "leave it on"... take the hint) plus as a help with Sevagoth's "health problems", not for cheesing missions by CC-freezing enemies at -95% speed over large areas 🙂

10 hours ago, zaturalma2 said:

Thanks for the fix, please also consider looking into the following:

• Please remove the extra explosions and the extra effect around the screen in voidstorms. They greatly enhance the risk of an epilepsy seizure and hard to look at. With them you endanger your players! I can not play that mode if my health is at risk.
  • There is a bug where the client can hop out of nechramech in front of a 2 side opener door and end up on the other side of the door, making it impossible to open.
  • There is a bug where clients can freely move trough doors that are locked for the host (needs hacking).
  • Please bring back flux energy and make the engineer crew member able to craft them. Alternatively you could bring back flux energy as a primary drain resource and if there is not enough it could automatically drain from the warframe energy pool. This way everybody would be happy. Now I can not use the abilities of my ship, because I refuse to use an inferior warframe build. This drastically reduce the number of frames I can bring to railjack.
  • Also: Flow and Primed Flow are warframe mods that have a heavy impact on railjack ability usability. This is not consistent. Why are the efficiency and other energy related mods get ignored? If I have 50% energy reduction on my frame so should the cost of the ship ability be reduced with 50%.
  • The old stuck in the railjack tunnel/loading screen is back, it happened multiple times since the update, please fix.
  • The nautilus (and possibly the weapon too) is still impossible to obtain. It either got removed from the droptable, or the supposedly fixed bug that caused the optional objective bonuses not to be random if completed in succession without visiting drydock is back. We supposed to have a 24% chance at receiving a part and yet in the last 10 mission I did I received none (this has the probability of 6%) and to make matters worse the drops were identical if we did not visit the dojo between missions.

Bumping for visibility. NONE of the hotfixes have directly reduced the UI effects of voidstorms. Please at least indicate to us if you intend on toning it down in a reasonable amount of time so I can either know not get my hopes up and just buy sevagoth or wait to play this content when it becomes playable. It has been 6 hot fixes ffs and the only "official" information we have on this is that Rebecca added "void sinks are too visually dominant" to the popular feedback on the trello board. 

I'm also gonna echo another post I saw. void storms look bad. I know the tennocon preview is a scripted mission, but why can we not have a different skybox? It really does just look like the design team said "just slap columns of void energy everywhere" which feels and looks lazy. In space youve got big void columns and inside the ships? more void columns (sinks). We KNOW you have the void effects for the interior because you put them in the tempestarii. 

42 minutes ago, pantophage said:

some kitgun usage stats got reset (tombfinger for me) and some are no longer showing as mastered under profile  :/

To add on top while you're looking at kitguns DE can you please fix our profiles showing the wrong kitguns in Equipment as most used, I know for a fact that the primary gun showing a kitgun is not correct.

after hotfix, glooms energy drain got more unsustainable. energy rans out significantly fast even my efficiency is 175% and full rank prime flow is on.

even if we have that 1.5 energy drain cap, it will be 15 energy per enemy when it's more than 10 enemies in effect.

especially when steel path, energy drains in quick and sevagoth goes down quick.

gloom affects sevagoth's survive. you guys should know this and energy drain was already high when before hoxfix and got worse now.

if you guys want to nerf, just lower the slow rate. not energy

and when you guys fix dark split sword can't use stance forma and umbra forma?

7 hours ago, Tsoe said:

no

sorry but no

it make no sense

If I was able to downvote your comment still, I would. You don't like fashion? Fine.

You don't think a glass toggle maskes sense? But giant huge wings is ok. Let's not kid ourselves, Warframe has pushed what available fashion it has waaaaaay past the 'Warframe look' at this point.

If you don't like it and won't use a glass toggle, that's fine. You do you. But don't complain when someone else who does want it (and cares about fashion) requests that the devs add it in.

Did we really need to remove LITERALLY the only weapon people were using synth charge on? i though everyone was in agreement that guns are quite weak at current so why are we basically nerfing guns? its was a unintended thing sure but it made it unique and finally gave a use for it instead of it just being yet another dead drop in bounties.

1 hour ago, Dunkelheit said:

Honestly, it is one of the strongest abilities in game and makes you basically invincible if specced correctly. So you should only be able ot use it permanently, if you specifically mod for it. But I also have to agree. To make this ability run, you need high strength, you need flow + Streamline + Fleeting + Energize and since Sevagoth is a melee frame, you need some survivability as well. This is a lot of commitment for one single ability.

Sevagoth is not a melee frame. Sevagoth is a cc+support frame. You do not need survivability mods on him if you spec into a good gloom build.

Survivability mods would be ideal if you are running substandard brozime pleb builds.

1 hour ago, SeviAonbharr said:

after hotfix, glooms energy drain got more unsustainable. energy rans out significantly fast even my efficiency is 175% and full rank prime flow is on.

even if we have that 1.5 energy drain cap, it will be 15 energy per enemy when it's more than 10 enemies in effect.

especially when steel path, energy drains in quick and sevagoth goes down quick.

gloom affects sevagoth's survive. you guys should know this and energy drain was already high when before hoxfix and got worse now.

if you guys want to nerf, just lower the slow rate. not energy

and when you guys fix dark split sword can't use stance forma and umbra forma?

Yeah... i dont think you understand the drain mechanics. Even now it is not 15 energy drain per enemy. It is 15 energy at 10 enemies in the aoe.

But anyway it doesnt matter. Read the patch notes again. The intended max drain is 7.5 not 15. Will be hotfixed in a few days.

Could we have Grendel's Catapult mod built into the ability? It's adding to the base functionality of the ability to make it easier to use, not adding damage or anything. It's a shame we have to give up a mod slot for this.

Also, could we get rid of the nauseating FOV change whenever you activate it?

Thanks for the update.

Added a ‘None’ option to Backdrops in the Dojo so you can go back to default.

THANKYOU FOR THIS! Dojo fixes and improvements always get very much appreciated! 

I hope you can add a way to change the door's faction between rooms! I'd really like to change the doors from tenno to Orokin, Corpus, Grineer, Solaris or possibly even infested!

Hopefully we can get some more Grineer and Tenno decorations soon! 

And glass. Dojo's really need a proper 'glass' decoration.

3 hours ago, cha0sWyrM said:

doesnt take away from what?

im just saying...people keep talking about this like this is the intended change...its not, this was an error.

What are you not understanding? Furthermore, why exactly did you bother to answer me to begin with? You said the exact same thing I did a couple posts before mine. You did your testing. So did I. Again, why exactly are you arguing me over the same exact thing? 🤣

9 hours ago, cha0sWyrM said:

a pretty big blunder...they shouldnt have released the hotfix in this state.

Had this been an error these changes wouldn't have been deployed as is. Even less so considering it's stated right here on the hotfix. That said I'm quite sure this whole thing has been a knee-jerk reaction to people subsuming Gloom on warframes that can withstand the energy drain. Wouldn't be the first time tbh. And you don't even need a good memory, it's all well documented on both Reddit & Youtube.

Just put yourself in their shoes for a second and try to come up for a reason why you'd deploy a hotfix with these changes to Gloom's energy drain knowing full well the reaction you'd get from everyone (Including you. I've liked your posts for that very reason). Hell, I'll give you some leeway here: You can also assume you effectively play the game and playtested these changes before deciding to deploy the hotfix.

So, you know how it works, you've tested it, and you can clearly see it feels horrendous to use Gloom. As someone making the calls, why would you even deploy that change?

Archived