Call of the Tempestarii: Hotfix 30.0.6

1 hour ago, Asos008 said:

Then they nerfed the unique ability of sevagoth that gave him survival in the game, now he consumes more energy for enemies in the area up to 20 enemies, in a game of hordes where there are always hundreds of enemies to fight at the same time ???? They seriously nerfed him that ability ..... and it is not justified only to be used in the shade but, no, it cannot, it was something very unfair, the truth is not even two weeks we has the warframe and it is already nerfed ...

Why would you write like this... Jesus....

Can you not just word-wrap your comment like everyone else? This is incredibly difficult to read.

• Like 4
13 hours ago, Fluiid said:

exactly 1 weapon that mod was built for :(

What a ridiculous comment. It clearly says "requires a magazine of 6 or higher" right on the mod. Expecting it to work with Epitaph is incredibly stupid.

310?cb=20181130034714

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Leqesai said:

It still does a good amount of damage. Certainly on-par with other bow type weapons for sure (100K+ i'm getting with the primary).

Yea, it's still decent and can be fun but nothing like it was when running around nuking aoe damage first then slamming them with a heavy attack or one tapping level 180's in the forehead. Hahaaa. It was nice to change things up a bit when all you see is spin to win with the weakest of melee weapons. Some of us really enjoy going brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr *sadistic smile

• Like 1
Just now, chacachaca13 said:

Yea, it's still decent and can be fun but nothing like it was when running around nuking aoe damage first then slamming them with a heavy attack or one tapping level 180's in the forehead. Hahaaa. It was nice to change things up a bit when all you see is spin to win with the weakest of melee weapons. Some of us really enjoy going brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr *sadistic smile

It was clearly a bug. I posted a picture of the mod above your response. It doesn't have 6 magazine so it should not work. Doesn't really matter if you had fun with it, it was not intended and should have been fixed.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Leqesai said:

It was clearly a bug. I posted a picture of the mod above your response. It doesn't have 6 magazine so it should not work. Doesn't really matter if you had fun with it, it was not intended and should have been fixed.

If this was older DE they would've left it there and just called it unique, but nowadays if someone is getting high amounts of damage or loot and having fun with it then DE nerfs it and makes fun of their playerbase for enjoying the game

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, JackTheSwordman said:

If this was older DE they would've left it there and just called it unique, but nowadays if someone is getting high amounts of damage or loot and having fun with it then DE nerfs it and makes fun of their playerbase for enjoying the game

You understand that it was a bug, right? Fixing Synth Charge's interaction with Epitaph is not a nerf.

Also, your comment is absurd. DE has been following pretty much the same pattern of adjusting stats/abilities etc. for years. They haven't just decided arbitrarily to start nerfing things in a manner inconsistent with their tired formula. The more popular something is the more likely it is to be nerfed unless it is gamebreaking levels of overpowered then they hone in on it like carrier pigeons.

Epitaph is new so it is in their reticle.

Also, it is pretty slanderous to claim that DE is making fun of the playerbase for enjoying the game. You have some proof/evidence of this claim?

• Like 3
54 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

0.75 energy per enemy results in less energy drain than Sevagoth had at launch so what exactly are you complaining about?

The thing you quoted indicated the 1.5 energy per enemy thing is a bug. Gloom is incredibly powerful. A maximum cost of 7.5 energy per second is completely reasonable (and this is a 25% reduction in max cost over what Gloom had at launch).

You completely ignored my comment on Pacify & Provoke for Equinox. Pacify will drain for every enemy in the field where gloom is getting a maximum drain. Pacify is already inferior even with the augment, so I want the maximum drain treatment.

I understand people don't want to go through the 13 pages of complains about the Gloom change but at least read the first post :

Il y a 23 heures, [DE]Megan a dit :
  • Sevagoth’s Gloom now consumes 0.75 Energy per second (base) for each enemy within Glooms range. Equip Efficiency Mods (Streamline, etc) to reduce!  NOTE: there is another planned change which missed this build, which prevents the energy cost from increasing to 1.5 per enemy, and caps the drain at a maximum of 10 enemies. Look for that in the near future.

What we have actually in game is NOT the final version of the change. Yes its a bad move to have launched the hotfix in this state, but at least we know the Gloom we have right now was not intended. The real question now is how much time we have to wait before the correct changes is implented.

Once the real version is shipped, we will be able to correctly test it and see if the drain is more or less bearable than before.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Deminisis said:

You completely ignored my comment on Pacify & Provoke for Equinox. Pacify will drain for every enemy in the field where gloom is getting a maximum drain. Pacify is already inferior even with the augment, so I want the maximum drain treatment.

Oh! Sorry about that I misunderstood. I thought you were saying pacify is superior to gloom because it has lower per enemy energy drain. 

I definitely agree with you that Pacify should have maximum drain similar to gloom. It should also grant its slow in a more user friendly way tbh. It has quite a bit of build-up time before producing less effective slow than gloom. 

I mean.. you could just swap gloom into equinox and then go full day build and you wouldn't lose anything tbh.

55 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

0.75 energy per enemy results in less energy drain than Sevagoth had at launch so what exactly are you complaining about?

The thing you quoted indicated the 1.5 energy per enemy thing is a bug. Gloom is incredibly powerful. A maximum cost of 7.5 energy per second is completely reasonable (and this is a 25% reduction in max cost over what Gloom had at launch).

I'd like to add that, unlike Gloom, Pacify doesn't restrict a player from benefiting from Energy Pulse and Energizing Dash while it's on, even with enemies in its radius. Further, Pacify has a lower energy cost than Gloom as well: .5 energy per second per enemy compared with Gloom's .75 per second per enemy. So, the ability is anything but "unsuable". Pacify's activation cost is also 1/5 of what Gloom's is.

The only aspect of Equinox that makes Pacify into an added difficulty is using it stacked with Mend. Mend turns off the ability to benefit from Energy Pulse and Energizing Dash. But a player can turn off Mend without turning off Pacify. Where Gloom's life steal and slow are all tied into the same ability. So, where Equinox can be selective on when she wants to use her DR ability and when she wants to use her healing ability, Sev has no such control. His DR and healing are all one ability.

There is just no reason to think that Equinox is in any way "unusable".

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Rookie808 said:

Regular Adaro with silenced subsumed to the first ability slot?

People level up their frames differently. You don't need to always go to the most efficient method. Some people go to RJ, some go to Onslaught, some just level them up passively. Some use a stealth farm and some people like me level them up in steel path dark sectors. 

4 minutes ago, Yulfan said:

I understand people don't want to go through the 13 pages of complains about the Gloom change but at least read the first post :

What we have actually in game is NOT the final version of the change. Yes its a bad move to have launched the hotfix in this state, but at least we know the Gloom we have right now was not intended. The real question now is how much time we have to wait before the correct changes is implented.

Once the real version is shipped, we will be able to correctly test it and see if the drain is more or less bearable than before.

The drain will be much more manageable for sure. 0.75x10 is already 25% lower maximum drain than what we had at launch.

It is possible to build Sevagoth (at launch) with significant up time on the ability. Making the drain dependent on enemies in the aura is a significant buff.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Deminisis said:

Pacify doesn't make Equinox unable to benefit from Energy Pulse and Energizing Dash like Gloom does when an enemy enters radius. It also has a lower cost than Gloom, at .5 energy per enemy per second.

If you channel Mend, however, you do become unable to benefit from Pulse and Dash. However, Mend is at least a separate ability from Pacify. You can turn it off and still benefit from Equinox's damage reduction of Pacify. Sev has no such freedom. His healing and damage reduction are all tied into a single ability.

Have you considered adding a railjack simulacrum? Like, sitting at pilot/gunner seat while in drydock activates target practice mode. It'd be convenient to see how the newly built guns behave before loading into a mission.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, xZeromusx said:

Pacify doesn't make Equinox unable to benefit from Energy Pulse and Energizing Dash like Gloom does when an enemy enters radius. It also has a lower cost than Gloom, at .5 energy per enemy per second.

If you channel Mend, however, you do become unable to benefit from Pulse and Dash. However, Mend is at least a separate ability from Pacify. You can turn it off and still benefit from Equinox's damage reduction of Pacify. Sev has no such freedom. His healing and damage reduction are all tied into a single ability.

Pacify's maximum slow is lower than gloom though. This is pretty important to note.

Subsuming Equinox's 2nd ability means you can use provoke to boost gloom into the 95% slow territory with a pretty easy setup. Way easier than sevagoth while benefiting from day form's maim and the team buff of provoke.

il y a 7 minutes, Leqesai a dit :

The drain will be much more manageable for sure. 0.75x10 is already 25% lower maximum drain than what we had at launch.

It is possible to build Sevagoth (at launch) with significant up time on the ability. Making the drain dependent on enemies in the aura is a significant buff.

This is also what I think. I was taken aback at first by the change but since the edit about the misstep, it seems a good thing. Even before, it was easily manageable without too much effort, and with this it will be even more confortable.

I just hope we don't have to wait too long for them to fix this … 🥱

59 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Read the patch notes carefullly. The current 1.5 energy/s is a bug and will be fixed soon.

You think it's wise to make a frame a ability spammer and a energy drain kinda frame at the same time?

gloom is useless without a arcane energize.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Leqesai said:

Pacify's maximum slow is lower than gloom though. This is pretty important to note.

Subsuming Equinox's 2nd ability means you can use provoke to boost gloom into the 95% slow territory with a pretty easy setup. Way easier than sevagoth while benefiting from day form's maim and the team buff of provoke.

You mean the augment? I'm talking about just Pacify's base ability. It already lowers enemy damage output, and can do it in the same radius as Sev's Gloom. But if you add the slow on top of the damage reduction of the base ability, the DR is already pretty massive.

6 minutes ago, xZeromusx said:

You mean the augment? I'm talking about just Pacify's base ability. It already lowers enemy damage output, and can do it in the same radius as Sev's Gloom. But if you add the slow on top of the damage reduction of the base ability, the DR is already pretty massive.

The DR changes with distance though. It isn't as significant as one might think.

34 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

The DR changes with distance though. It isn't as significant as one might think.

It's half at max range, so it can still be pretty good, especially since it's enemy side DR, which is what I think makes Sev's Gloom pretty significant too. Equinox also pairs very well with a Sanguine Eximus Specter, especially if she weaves in and out of Mend. Sevagoth can't heal others, only allow them to heal themselves, so his kit leaves him at a pretty significant disadvantage since he can't exploit this combination. On frames that actively heal others, even if they lack any kind of percentile DR in their kit, a Sanguine Eximus can change that, especially for missions that are Defense or Interception.

Oberon, Wisp, Equinox, Harrow, Khora, all lack percentile DR, but they can heal others. So, throwing a Sanguine Eximus out on a defense target, or at your interception tower, they'll provide you and allies in its ~15m aura with 90% DR and all status immunity. And with heavy healing frames like those I mentioned, their lack of DR no longer matters and they can keep the specter healed. But again, Sev doesn't have this combination available. His healing requires the specter itself to do damage to heal itself, and they don't exactly do all that much damage, especially the Sanguine Eximus, so he really requires a better base ability.

Edited by xZeromusx
3 minutes ago, xZeromusx said:

It's half at max range, so it can still be pretty good, especially since it's enemy side DR, which is what I think makes Sev's Gloom pretty significant too. Equinox also pairs very well with a Sanguine Eximus Specter, especially if she weaves in and out of Mend. Sevagoth can't heal others, only allow them to heal themselves, so his kit leaves him at a pretty significant disadvantage since he can't exploit this combination. On frames that actively heal others, even if they lack any kind of percentile DR in their kit, a Sanguine Eximus can change that, especially for missions that are Defense or Interception.

Oberon, Wisp, Equinox, Harrow, Khora, all lack percentile DR, but they can heal others. So, throwing a Sanguine Eximus out on a defense target, or at your interception tower, they'll provide you and allies in its ~15m aura with 90% DR and all status immunity. And with heavy healing frames like those I mentioned, their lack of DR no longer matters and they can keep the specter healed. But again, Sev doesn't have this combination available. His healing requires the specter itself to do damage to heal itself, and they don't exactly do all that much damage, especially the Sanguine Eximus, so he really requires a better base ability.

I have sevagoth cooking with helminth right now. I plan on testing equinox pretty extensively with sevagoth.

If gloom stays up when you swap forms then you could potentially do some interesting stuff with gloom builds.

On 2021-04-20 at 10:37 PM, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed rare case of having negative Argon Crystals.

The amount of negativity in this game is beyond this world, literaly. 😂🤣

11 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

I have sevagoth cooking with helminth right now. I plan on testing equinox pretty extensively with sevagoth.

If gloom stays up when you swap forms then you could potentially do some interesting stuff with gloom builds.

It does seem like it would be an interesting combo with Equinox, especially with these new changes. It has kind of the same mechanics and stat affinities as Pacify. Gloom also has the same range as Pacify. My go to on most frames is Dispensary though. Same with Equinox.

Edited by xZeromusx
17 minutes ago, xZeromusx said:

It does seem like it would be an interesting combo with Equinox, especially with these new changes. It has kind of the same mechanics and stat affinities as Pacify. Gloom also has the same range as Pacify. My go to on most frames is Dispensary though. Same with Equinox.

Dispensary is very good for sure.