Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

put riven transmuters in Railjack

sunderthefirmament

I enjoy Railjack quite a bit.  I'm glad it's getting expanded, and I hope this trend continues.  The current rewards offered by it (besides just being fun, which it is), are solid: exclusive weapons, frames, mods, and a sentinel, to say nothing of Railjack weapons and components.  But they aren't evergreen; once you farm them up, you're set.

Could we get Riven Transmuters added as a reward?  Maybe on optional objectives, or in lieu of a relic/endo/other option that is readily available elsewhere?  I do not want them added in such a way that they make RJ exclusive loot harder to obtain.

Riven transmuters only have one source at the moment: the Eidolon triple cap.  Eidolons, although I can do them, are on a timer.  Whenever I muster the energy to complete a tri-cap, it seems like night is always one hour away.  And I have other things to do.  Please don't forget this evergreen reward.  Please put riven transmuters in Railjack too, or add them to another drop location.  Some suggestions:

• syndicates
  • requiem relics
  • arbitrations
  • steel path
  • tradeable with other players
  • open world standing shops
  • Granum Void

...or just remove them from the game entirely and let us transmute rivens without them.  That would be fine too.

23 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

...or just remove them from the game entirely and let us transmute rivens without them.  That would be fine too.

I'm the biggest fan of this suggestion to be honest. DE should encourage players to burn junk Rivens in transmutation with an easier method to doing so. Given there is already lots of randomization in this system, the existence of Riven Transmuters doesn't make much sense.

know what I'd like? a Riven unveiler. even if it was limited to only once a week or whatever, at this point many players get swamped with Rivens, and while not impossible, some of the challenges for unveiling are tedious as hell. I really don't wanna hunt Dargyns with a bow just to get a trash Kraken Riven or whatever, but I'll gladly grind for/purchase Riven Unlockers to get them out of the way. and this is coming from someone who doesn't care much for Rivens anymore; Riven Traders should be chomping at the bit for something like this.

43 minutes ago, KittySkin said:

Id rather not. While riven transmuters are great, you will end up getting way more than the oned you can use, and diluting droptables its not great TBH. Riven transmuters should be a syndicate buyable stuff.

I addressed the drop table dilution in my original post.  Have it take the place of endo or a relic (not one of the Nyx/Valkyr ones), something easily obtainable elsewhere.

But yeah, syndicates/standings would be great for it.

48 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

know what I'd like? a Riven unveiler. even if it was limited to only once a week or whatever, at this point many players get swamped with Rivens, and while not impossible, some of the challenges for unveiling are tedious as hell. I really don't wanna hunt Dargyns with a bow just to get a trash Kraken Riven or whatever, but I'll gladly grind for/purchase Riven Unlockers to get them out of the way. and this is coming from someone who doesn't care much for Rivens anymore; Riven Traders should be chomping at the bit for something like this.

I would prefer Riven Unveiler should unveil a weapon riven YOU want, stats can still be random. One of the major criticism of rivens is the sheer amount of RNG involved. A way to bypass this without breaking the economy is a huge welcome

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

I'm the biggest fan of this suggestion to be honest. DE should encourage players to burn junk Rivens in transmutation with an easier method to doing so. Given there is already lots of randomization in this system, the existence of Riven Transmuters doesn't make much sense.

I like this idea, though I have way more riven transmuters than I will ever need, personally. I did a ton of Eidolons, though not as many as more serious hunters.

Really, I just wish I could do something else with them. And I wish I could transmute veiled rivens, as well.

2 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I like this idea, though I have way more riven transmuters than I will ever need, personally. I did a ton of Eidolons, though not as many as more serious hunters.

Really, I just wish I could do something else with them. And I wish I could transmute veiled rivens, as well.

Hence my tradeable suggestion.  I would gladly trade with other players for riven transmuters.

I'm surprised there aren't more people coming in here yelling "STOP STEALING REWARDS FROM EIDOLON HUNTERS REEEEE" or something like that.

Kind of lends credence to the notion that it was the plat from trades that people were worried about and not the content eh?

47 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I'm surprised there aren't more people coming in here yelling "STOP STEALING REWARDS FROM EIDOLON HUNTERS REEEEE" or something like that.

Kind of lends credence to the notion that it was the plat from trades that people were worried about and not the content eh?

I've never seen anyone do that, even with arcanes. Though the events crashing the arcane market has been mentioned, without hostility, just frustration.

The riven transmuters aren't particularly useful in the numbers you get them if you are grinding our eidolons, hence why it isn't seen as a big deal. Also they're not tradeable or anything.

As for arcanes, yes the plat would be the issue. They are tradeable so they are not something that requires "earning." There's nothing wrong with losing plat being a problem. I don't really see what your point is.

1 hour ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Hence my tradeable suggestion.  I would gladly trade with other players for riven transmuters.

I would be okay with that. They wouldn't be worth anything with how many people have accrued at this point, but at least I could give them to alliance members that might need them.

Really they just need to get rid of them and allow transmutation of rivens for either a credit cost like regular transmutation or free, Maybe it costs credits unless you use a transmuter.

2 hours ago, Aldain said:

Was thinking the exact same thing.  I have seen it and no amount of word play will downplay the way they were acting over the arcanes.  It was always about the platinum.

2 hours ago, Aldain said:

i also noticed the "we play eidolons for the challenge, and engaging teamplay and totally not for the plat" people are not popping up here

2 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I've never seen anyone do that, even with arcanes. Though the events crashing the arcane market has been mentioned, without hostility, just frustration.

I guess you weren't here right before the RJ update:

This is one of many multi-page hot topics on arcanes in orphix.

6 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

I addressed the drop table dilution in my original post.  Have it take the place of endo or a relic (not one of the Nyx/Valkyr ones), something easily obtainable elsewhere.

But yeah, syndicates/standings would be great for it.

The thing is that endo its more useful, same for relics. Id rather have endo to max mods for platinum or relics for prime stuff than transmutation stuff that I will never be able to really use. Having it as a tradeable thing on syndicates fix that and leave the endo there, you need way more endo than transmutation things in the long and short run anyeays.

I wouldn't mind seeing them elsewhere in the game like added to Syndicates to buy for 75000 standing same as Exilus Adapters, or from Cephalon Simaris for 75000 standing.

I'm sitting on 200 Riven Transmuters and haven't hunted an Eidolon seriously for years, apart from the Tri-hunt Nightwave which I end up doing solo, clannies never around. so it'll be years before I need another one.

I use them to scrap trashy Rivens I'm not using to HOPEFULLY get a good one. hahahaha I told a funny.

200 divided x4 = 50  another 50 trash riven mods to go. lol

6 hours ago, KittySkin said:

The thing is that endo its more useful, same for relics. Id rather have endo to max mods for platinum or relics for prime stuff than transmutation stuff that I will never be able to really use. Having it as a tradeable thing on syndicates fix that and leave the endo there, you need way more endo than transmutation things in the long and short run anyeays.

And endo is already absurdly plentiful.  The removal of dirac saw to that.  Wreckage now scraps into endo, so unless DE starts dropping a new primed mod every time Baro visits, I don't see endo being a problem for established players.

Maybe that's the key, though.  Established players.  So if riven transmuters end up in Railjack, they should probably be limited to Veil Proxima, which already requires a significant investment to reach, and could be considered roughly on par with Eidolon hunting in terms of a gear check.  They both require you to heavily invest in a side system in this game.

1 hour ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Maybe that's the key, though.  Established players.  So if riven transmuters end up in Railjack, they should probably be limited to Veil Proxima, which already requires a significant investment to reach, and could be considered roughly on par with Eidolon hunting in terms of a gear check. 

They both require you to heavily invest in a side system in this game.

Too late. Already invested.

13 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

I would prefer Riven Unveiler should unveil a weapon riven YOU want, stats can still be random. One of the major criticism of rivens is the sheer amount of RNG involved. A way to bypass this without breaking the economy is a huge welcome

Make it drop like a Legendary Core would for Sorties.

IMO Transmuters are worth less than Credits and Endo due to the immense volume you can already farm and the lack of Rivens to use with them. Even if they were tradable they likely wouldn't even be worth the effort to sell due to limited uses and the gigantic quantity already held by active arcane traders.

Really they should be put in a shop somewhere and removed from Eidolons altogether. Could even go and have Paladino sell a weekly one and the Quills sell an unlimited quantity for standing so the Eidolon farmers get less of a reason to moan.

19 hours ago, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

Investing in a side aspect of the game.

The game = Warframe.

Okay?  I don't think I really follow how that relates to my comment above.  I guess maybe my riven transmuter in other drop locations request might take it to mean that I want players to invest in either Eidolons or RJ, not both.  If that's what you thought, then my apologies for being unclear.  And I get it.  It's in DE's best interest to encourage people to engage in a diverse range of content.  But Eidolons won't be made irrelevant by adding riven transmuters to other locations (RJ, syndicates, requiem relics, etc.).  Eidolons are still the best source for the arcanes that people actually want.  And they're a great source of focus.

4 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Okay?  I don't think I really follow how that relates to my comment above.  I guess maybe my riven transmuter in other drop locations request might take it to mean that I want players to invest in either Eidolons or RJ, not both.  If that's what you thought, then my apologies for being unclear.  And I get it.  It's in DE's best interest to encourage people to engage in a diverse range of content.  But Eidolons won't be made irrelevant by adding riven transmuters to other locations (RJ, syndicates, requiem relics, etc.).  Eidolons are still the best source for the arcanes that people actually want.  And they're a great source of focus.

I'm good with the rewards being available in two places (not just one) for some things. Kinda like augment mods.

I speed read. By which I mean I skip paragraphs.

Archived