Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Glaive while Glaive Prime is vaulted

Surimichad

Question

So I love the playstyle of Glaives and I wanna get a good glaive beside my Paracesis. Glaive Prime seems to be the best one but it's vaulted atm. I don't wanna buy the vaulted parts so I'm asking if I can reach a similar strong weapon with one of the other Graves (for example Falcor). Which Glaive would you say is the best after Glaive Prime

7 answers to this question

IMO the best glaives, in order, are:

Falcor (Volatile Rebound build)
Xoris (Volatile Quick Return build with manual detonation)
Glaive Prime (Volatile Quick Return build with manual detonation or conventional bounce build)

I put Glaive prime lower than falcor and xoris simply because slash procs aren't really necessary in most content. Against high level Grineer it nudges the others out of the way but a Volatile Rebound Falcor is really good against steel path corpus and infested, and the Xoris is good against all factions (corrosive VS Grineer is generally enough to nuke steel path).

vor 13 Stunden schrieb (NSW)Joewoof:

All glaives are pretty strong since their rework. A lot of people forget about the Pathocyst, which is pretty strong as well.

I second the Pathocyst. It has some "funky" interactions with the mecha mod set and the larvae it spawns as well if I recall correctly.

I can't tell you what's best.  But they're all good, other than the Kestrel, regular Glaive, and regular Halikar.   And even those are good compared to probably 75% of primaries and secondaries and a lot of traditional melee weapons.

I really enjoy the Falcor, Halikar Wraith, and--lol--the Kestrel.  I think you can largely choose one based on the style and gimmick you prefer and do just fine.

if you exclude Glaive Prime from the group for availability, all of the rest will perform quite well.

i have a distaste for the Weapons in this Class with very low Attack Speed compared to the rest, they just feel clunky without stacking lots of Attack Speed and to me that kinda ruins them.
but the rest, you really can't go wrong. Kestrel is kinda weak on uniqueness thesedays, but all of the other Thrown Melees are all strong performers (if there is an alternative version i'm assuming using that).

all i'll say is that while the Detonations are quite good with Thrown Melee currently, that's not all they are good for and they can perform well at anything they are capable of doing. even despite the Stances getting a bit dull-ified.

Archived