Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Event Concept: Grineer Civil War

Brinstar7777

Vor

For too long, we have languished as our decaying bodies slowly fall apart. For too long, we have been beaten and demeaned by our foes. I say, no more.

The Void Key has shown me the way. It has found for me an ancient tower full of deadly weapons and durable armor thought lost to the void forever, enough to outfit an entire army of grineer. 

The Queens call it mad, a foolish attempt to reclaim that which is lost. I call it restoration. Restoration of the grineer's rightful place!

Grineer Queen

Dreamer, I require your assistance. Ex-captain Vor has, by means that are, in my opinion, quite scetchy, discovered a orokin-era weapons cache. He wants the grineer to make use of it. I think he's nuts; doesn't Vor remember what happened last time he went mucking around in orokin tech?

Unfortunately, Vor is unwilling to listen to reason, hence why I've contacted you. I have a proposition for you.

Make Vor listen to reason, by force if necessary, and I will reward you.

-Tenno

I don't think Vor specifically is lucid enough, and I doubt the Queen would ever lower herself to begging us, but I can certainly imagine a concept wherein two factions of Grineer come into conflict.

Perhaps Vey Hek and Sargas Ruk?

9 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I don't think Vor specifically is lucid enough, and I doubt the Queen would ever lower herself to begging us, but I can certainly imagine a concept wherein two factions of Grineer come into conflict.

Perhaps Vey Hek and Sargas Ruk?

Aren't they all dead by now?

Just now, TeaHawk said:

Aren't they all dead by now?

Hek's certainly alive and well since he's currently focused on the Plainss, and Sargas showed up for the Scarlet Spear event.

Vor is 'alive' in a manner of speaking, through the power of the void, which is what Corrupted Vor is. Like I said though, I doubt that he's in any way lucid or really the same person. And whilst the Elder Queen died, there's been no indication her sister shared her fate.

30 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Hek's certainly alive and well since he's currently focused on the Plainss, and Sargas showed up for the Scarlet Spear event.

Vor is 'alive' in a manner of speaking, through the power of the void, which is what Corrupted Vor is. Like I said though, I doubt that he's in any way lucid or really the same person. And whilst the Elder Queen died, there's been no indication her sister shared her fate.

I though the lil sister was planning to ressurect the older one... Anyways you clearly can intercept her transmissions on the Kuva siphon/flood missions soon after. That means she's clearly alive and is planning something.

40 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Yep, the grineer queen is the little sister. She's resorted to asking for the help of the tenno because Vor's already outfitted some of his troops with hybrid orokin/grineer tech, and the nightwatch simply can't compete with those troops.

Also, you're right that Vor isn't exactly sane at the moment. He's come up with this plan because the Void key is basically manipulating him into outfitting troops with Orokin tech, with the intention of corrupting those troops later on. Vor, too blinded by his 'grineer superiority' and his insanity, hasn't realised that the void key is controlling him, not the other way around.

Archived