Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There be Dragons Here

(PSN)bitraiser

Is this really a revelation?

Granted the universe isnt as cut and dry as "red is evil and blue is good" , the Tenno were always a force to be feared if not despised.

And our actions have very high mortality counts , not really something that needs to be argued.

As to the song itself, feels like a voyage song stating that the dangers are many (including but not limited to us tenno), not to mention there is a literal void dragon shuffling about during the quest.

18 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Never poke a sleeping dragon in the eye. 

well, if you are gonna poke a dragon anyway , wouldn't you want it to be in their most vulnerable spot?

15 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

we're a threat, but the Void does actually have "Dragons" or whatever you want to call the creatures inside the void seen through the Entrati Mirrors:

Reveal hidden contents

Found the Duviri Creature inside the void mirror in Iso Vault - General  Discussion - Warframe Forums

if we get to fight one of these in Planes of Duviri, the wait will have been worth it IMO.

You can see one during the quest as well.

13 hours ago, (XBOX)Helverin said:

I can't deny that we are the dragons and also not that we are as cruel as the grineer or Corpus.. But then I think of Nef his science adventures towards sentient tech, the debt bond issue and Alad who is out of control and these poor Corpus captains are the logistical part of the gigantic capitalistic war machine. Give them hell. 🤣

I'm guessing that ws part of an event, because i don;t remember that one...

Though compared to exterminating the Orokin thats child's play.

13 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

I think you're taking it a bit to literally, though, as others have pointed out. The phrase "thar be dragons" is generally describing the idea of an area beyond the normal world, the comprehensible, the normal. In mythology, that's where monsters such as dragons were imagined to reside, but in warframe terms, it can be a lot more and a lot different.

The song is clearly making parallels between ancient travel by sea and the futuristic ftl travel via the void. It's not the first time the void has been described as an ocean anyway, the first time being in the war within by the elder queen.

Ummm no it's literally too.  "On your Left!"

11 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

well, if you are gonna poke a dragon anyway , wouldn't you want it to be in their most vulnerable spot?

If you're gonna go for it's most vulnerable spot, maybe you should go for more than a poke? :tongue:

To be honest though, I've never gotten that philosophical about it, it's just an expression I've heard before somewhere that sounded cool. 

12 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I made peace with the fact that we Tenno are bad guys long ago. Who else would wilfully perform genocides on a weekly basis?

I like to compare this universe to W40K a lot, and I think the devs were definitely inspired by it, too much evidence too the contrary, not that they would ever admit it with how overzealous Black Libraries/Games Workshops legal team is lol. 

And in that comparison, we are bad guys, but no more than anyone else. Everyone is bad. You just choose which bad side you identify with more. 

6 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

If you're gonna go for it's most vulnerable spot, maybe you should go for more than a poke? :tongue:

A Prod ? Probe ? Prick ? Pinch ? Papaya?

7 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

To be honest though, I've never gotten that philosophical about it, it's just an expression I've heard before somewhere that sounded cool. 

Isnt it, let sleeping dogs lie ? Or was it dont poke hot pie ? Or count to four before you get to five ? A bird in hand is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for it ?

It was the Corpus that started hunting us down, and they do seem to have a penchant for ripping apart warframes and stitching them back together to create some monstrosity. Oh yeah also their reckless research on the Sentients, aaaand Fortuna. -Clem- Them.

15 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I made peace with the fact that we Tenno are bad guys long ago. Who else would wilfully perform genocides on a weekly basis?

I prefer the term "pogrom." The word genocide is so overused these days.

On 2021-04-22 at 7:57 AM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

we're a threat, but the Void does actually have "Dragons" or whatever you want to call the creatures inside the void seen through the Entrati Mirrors:

Reveal hidden contents

Found the Duviri Creature inside the void mirror in Iso Vault - General  Discussion - Warframe Forums

if we get to fight one of these in Planes of Duviri, the wait will have been worth it IMO.

you do know you can see one of those things out the window in railjack during the slip space jump so you can clearly see how big it is and not have to look out a tiny window

9 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I like to compare this universe to W40K a lot, and I think the devs were definitely inspired by it, too much evidence too the contrary, not that they would ever admit it with how overzealous Black Libraries/Games Workshops legal team is lol. 

I mean why not copy the best right?

56 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I used to play the tabletop mostly. The books seem very good as well.

I've wanted to get into the tabletop for a long time, but it's expensive to get into, and unfortunately I live in the USA. The biggest audience for physical tabletop play for Warhammer 40K has always been in UK and Australia, not as much interest for it here in the states sadly. 

The Horus Heresy especially is really good novel wise though, lots of really good quality writing. Can't say I have read enough of the other eras to say from personal experience, but I've heard the writing quality varies a lot outside the Horus Heresy era and the more recent books. 

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I've wanted to get into the tabletop for a long time, but it's expensive to get into, and unfortunately I live in the USA. The biggest audience for physical tabletop play for Warhammer 40K has always been in UK and Australia, not as much interest for it here in the states sadly. 

The Horus Heresy especially is really good novel wise though, lots of really good quality writing. Can't say I have read enough of the other eras to say from personal experience, but I've heard the writing quality varies a lot outside the Horus Heresy era and the more recent books. 

Good thing I'm Australian :)

I enjoyed the one about a young Ragnar Blackmane and the trials he endured.

Just now, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Good thing I'm Australian :)

I enjoyed the one about a young Ragnar Blackmane and the trials he endured.

Lucky. :tongue: Almost no one in the states wants to play the tabletop game, it sucks. 

And that's a funny coincidence you should mention that actually, I just started reading the space wolves omnibus. 

On 2021-04-22 at 8:34 AM, -CdG-Zilchy said:

If you read into the backstory of the tenno. Specifically the Zariman Ten Zero accident and the influence Margulis and Ballas had on shaping the children into what they were. Thing is, the Orokin are the ones at the center of it all. They created the Sentients, they created the Tenno and they created the Warframes and caused all the suffering. The Tenno were a tool. And even your own operator comments on this during missions at times.

So Tenno being the bad guys? That's not taking in the entire picture. Not at all. They were slaves to a superior race that met the end due to their own mistakes. Left overs from a war that was not their own.

25 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

If you read into the backstory of the tenno. Specifically the Zariman Ten Zero accident and the influence Margulis and Ballas had on shaping the children into what they were. Thing is, the Orokin are the ones at the center of it all. They created the Sentients, they created the Tenno and they created the Warframes and caused all the suffering. The Tenno were a tool. And even your own operator comments on this during missions at times.

So Tenno being the bad guys? That's not taking in the entire picture. Not at all. They were slaves to a superior race that met the end due to their own mistakes. Left overs from a war that was not their own.

I know all that, I have read into it in the past but I personally just prefer the image of a tool that's been misused and now is incredibly angry, decidedly lethal and has basically no remorse for their actions.

Just now, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I know all that, I have read into it in the past but I personally just prefer the image of a tool that's been misused and now is incredibly angry, decidedly lethal and has basically no remorse for their actions.

No denying the part that they're angry. 😅

well we are the bad guys hands down sure we were made be the orokin as weapons but at start of the game we awoke with no orokin masters we were in control of our own actions and what do we do with our self control we travel to different planets to spread our mass phycopathic rampage ...as to be fair i think if we just stayed to one planet i think the grineer and corprus would leave us alone 

"ah some guy activated a old war relic weapon system and now you cant go to earth or risk getting killed by it"

"hey is this like the infested plannet or deimos?"

"yeh we gotta stop messing with this really dangrous stuff or we will run out of planets we can safely go to"

Archived