Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can warframe's engine handle railjack?

Joezone619

48 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

Well, since the other guy said the lore is we have unlimited cloaking technology, I feel everything said so far is pointless.

For instance, your whole point about the orbiter not getting attacked because the enemy thinks it's a harmless vessel.

That on top of that, the other guy is now also saying the orbiter behind unlimited cloak, astral projecting from inside the void.

It's a little silly to get hung up on made up details, you people don't even agree on, what is the story exactly, do you even know - but that's not even the point.

When they created railjack, maybe even go way back, to when they originally had the idea of adding space combat to warframe, they had the time then, to work the lore around the gameplay.

Since it's a video game, I will go as far as to say gameplay matters a lot more than lore but no one is saying they had to make any compromises.

Then after the fact, you still have literally unlimited fantasy to fit the story to the gameplay. So "because lore", can never be an excuse to not create good gameplay. You can change the lore any way you see fit, it can be anything. 

I never heard a lore fanatic say something negative about official lore, so there is no such thing as bad writting, which you proved this whole conversation.

Railjack died, that's the reality of the situation. They want it to be 'seamless' and they want people to be invested into their railjacks. I feel like, you know you can't defend it not making sense in terms of gameplay, so you are reaching to assign some grand masterplan and order to it.

But what it is, is a hilarious and embarrassing oversight to the most painfully obvious feature, it shouldn't even have to be said. It's just 48,000%^56 obvious.

How is it pointless? It would be stupid to bring your reservoir onto your combat vessel no matter what, since that would effectively remove the immortality of the demon babies. Having it tied to a specific static location would also be stupid, since it has already very obviously failed once and almost cost the tenno their lives, both when their static reservoir was revealed and assaulted, and when they got tracked to their new transference chamber when they escaped.

I also hope you are aware that "when they originally had the idea of adding space combat" was before the game was even released. It has always been there as the plan, it was simply restricted by technical limitations at the time. And what is it I try to defend that according to you doesnt make sense? All I've said is a reservoir on the RJ would make no sense. It would be like putting a nation leader into active combat battlefield duty. Something that died a couple of hundred years ago when humankind figured out it was a stupid idea, not only because their kings died, but because it was a massive drag to carry them all the way back to their homeland.

And I dont see where I'm reaching, I'm simply pointing out why the RJ would make a poor hub due to certain lore reasons since it would eventually mean the end of the tenno we play because their safepoint would no longer be a safe point. And you claim that gameplay should matter more, but how would the gameplay be better if they start chopping up our hubs even more? What purpose would it serve to have half the things on the RJ and half on the orbiter? Now we access everything from the orbiter and it already makes sense if you've played through the story and taken atleast some notes on how things work.

edit: And to point something out, we even have an accesspoint inside our orbiter that takes us to our RJ, so the RJ is already connected to our actual hub without breaking any lore. They just need to fix some of the idle background scenes so our orbiter doesnt automatically end up around the planets we've gone to with our RJ when we decide to return to the orbiter.

58 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

How is it pointless? It would be stupid to bring your reservoir onto your combat vessel no matter what, since that would effectively remove the immortality of the demon babies. Having it tied to a specific static location would also be stupid, since it has already very obviously failed once and almost cost the tenno their lives, both when their static reservoir was revealed and assaulted, and when they got tracked to their new transference chamber when they escaped.

I also hope you are aware that "when they originally had the idea of adding space combat" was before the game was even released. It has always been there as the plan, it was simply restricted by technical limitations at the time. And what is it I try to defend that according to you doesnt make sense? All I've said is a reservoir on the RJ would make no sense. It would be like putting a nation leader into active combat battlefield duty. Something that died a couple of hundred years ago when humankind figured out it was a stupid idea, not only because their kings died, but because it was a massive drag to carry them all the way back to their homeland.

And I dont see where I'm reaching, I'm simply pointing out why the RJ would make a poor hub due to certain lore reasons since it would eventually mean the end of the tenno we play because their safepoint would no longer be a safe point. And you claim that gameplay should matter more, but how would the gameplay be better if they start chopping up our hubs even more? What purpose would it serve to have half the things on the RJ and half on the orbiter? Now we access everything from the orbiter and it already makes sense if you've played through the story and taken atleast some notes on how things work.

edit: And to point something out, we even have an accesspoint inside our orbiter that takes us to our RJ, so the RJ is already connected to our actual hub without breaking any lore. They just need to fix some of the idle background scenes so our orbiter doesnt automatically end up around the planets we've gone to with our RJ when we decide to return to the orbiter.

It changes the premise though, right?

You said they wouldn't attack an innocent looking vessel, now the story is it has unlimited cloaking technology?

They obviously can't judge a vessel as non hostile, if they can't see it - so that whole bit is out.

If you introduce unlimited cloaking technology, that cost no fuel and never breaks down into the game, then the whole universe changes.

Instead, we should be talking about why everything isn't using cloaking technology instead, including the railjack.

And you are right, it makes no sense for a leader to go into combat personally, so let's calll it AI controlled drone ships with unlimited cloaking technolgy - astral projected from the void, according to the other guy.

Since we can create drones at foundry, AI check, cloaking technology check. What we are doing manually fighting putting the mvp at risk, like you said? Why can't we afk play or farm using our technology.

How is the enemy able to respawn infinitely, why are they carrying mods for weapons they don't use. Why are the enemies never changing strategy or upgrading their weapons, or negotiating for peace, or trying to escape.

How am I able to holster a giant weapon into my pants - is that the unlimited cloaking technology plot convenience again?

It's not a realism simulation, created around the great lore bible, as much as the lore means a lot to you.

We accept as many video game contrivances as we have to, to secure the integrity of the gameplay. Lore is not even a factor.

19 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

now the story is it has unlimited cloaking technology?

5 hours ago, Corvid said:

I also never said it was "Unlimited", so maybe stop putting words in my mouth.

Seriously, you need to stop mischaracterising what other people say, especially when you've already been corrected once. It makes you look extremely dishonest.

16 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

It changes the premise though, right?

You said they wouldn't attack an innocent looking vessel, now the story is it has unlimited cloaking technology?

They obviously can't judge a vessel as non hostile, if they can't see it - so that whole bit is out.

If you introduce unlimited cloaking technology, that cost no fuel and never breaks down into the game, then the whole universe changes.

Instead, we should be talking about why everything isn't using cloaking technology instead, including the railjack.

And you are right, it makes no sense for a leader to go into combat personally, so let's calll it AI controlled drone ships with unlimited cloaking technolgy - astral projected from the void, according to the other guy.

Since we can create drones at foundry, AI check, cloaking technology check. What we are doing manually fighting putting the mvp at risk, like you said? Why can't we afk play or farm using our technology.

How is the enemy able to respawn infinitely, why are they carrying mods for weapons they don't use. Why are the enemies never changing strategy or upgrading their weapons, or negotiating for peace, or trying to escape.

How am I able to holster a giant weapon into my pants - is that the unlimited cloaking technology plot convenience again?

It's not a realism simulation, created around the great lore bible, as much as the lore means a lot to you.

We accept as many video game contrivances as we have to, to secure the integrity of the gameplay. Lore is not even a factor.

But it isnt unlimited as pointed out. It is there if the Grineer or Corpus decides to inspect it, or if the infested feels like dryhumping it for assimilation. So nothing changes, it is a non-combat vessel that passes as any other commercial ship in the system, with the added benefit of a cloaking option when needed.

And no one has said that everything needs to be explained by lore. But it is a pretty big thing to ignore the lore surrounding the actual tenno and what really makes them "immortal". It would add zero gameplay value to change it and break the lore, while hiding guns in our pant and having enemies respawn is simply how games are set up for the sake of being playable.

In the end the orbiter isnt a combat vessel, and this is the reason why a transference chamber was implemented, to keep the tenno safe and mobile to not risk another reservoir incident if someone else figures out the weakness of the Warframes. And it is also a logical reason why a transference chamber hasnt been set up in a relay, since they come under attack and have even gotten destroyed, same reason why filling a dojo with several different transference chambers or a massive reservoir wouldnt be so smart either, since it would be another lua-all-eggs-in-one-basket setup.

I don't know if Warframe can handle it but I can't handle it anymore. At least in random groups it's too clunky of a mess to get through and I'm talking about waiting for people and so on ( at least in an unorganized group ) I'd rather do missions with others that are lot easier to be in and out of and thus, I've done railjack solo ever since the update and because of a lack of high level map where you can just shoot down ships and don't have to do any of the objectives unless it was moved around.

Railjack just became a nuisance to do with other players to me.

On 2021-04-22 at 1:16 AM, DrivaMain said:

The major problem is likely performance. I believe the engine can run Railjack to it's fullest potential, but it's being limited by the available hardware. Railjack is in fact pretty CPU demanding. Usually when I play normal Warframe missions my CPU's usage is usually hovering around 60-70%, but when I fired up Railjack grineer skirmish where the enemy density is higher than Corpus Railjack it jumps to 80% on intense scenes or when players are spread out across multiple tilesets. 

No lol Railjack is more gpu than cpu 

While gaming my cpu is at 10% while gpu is at 99%

49 minutes ago, Animalon29 said:

No lol Railjack is more gpu than cpu 

While gaming my cpu is at 10% while gpu is at 99%

That honestly sounds more like you've got some sort of cryptocurrency malware than anything on the game's end.

On 2021-04-22 at 8:40 AM, scott_free said:

I don't fault DE. They don't have the technology.

On 2021-04-23 at 4:25 PM, Hayrack said:

Lifeless open worlds are a good indicator about engine's capabilities... Railjack is a glorified Orbiter, so far that's it, being used to extend already sleep-inducing missions. What was shown in trailers is impossible. If it was possible, we'd already have it and devs would be swimming in $$$.

If only DE had realized that early on in the process of developing Railjack. Alas...

4 hours ago, Corvid said:

That honestly sounds more like you've got some sort of cryptocurrency malware than anything on the game's end.

No lol, thats when framerate is at 144 fps, if I lock the framerate to 60 fps gpu load goes down to 55%

gtx 1660s, i510400,16gb ram 

i built it one month ago 

Archived