Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Killing Nercamechs - Damage Reduction Mechanic

Lemurface

Question

I'm rank 2 with the Necraloid and my current strat is to use Nyx + Assimilate while mowing down the mechs with a Fulmin (with radiation). This works well, I can very easily shoot off the arms with Auto, then switch to Semi to hit the weakspot through its face with punch-through. The fight is pretty short even at tier 3.

But if I use literally any other weapon, the fight takes literally an hour because I just can't do enough damage. It's even worse when I drag my friend into the game from their break and we get frustrated by this mechanic because it's not explained or telegraphed at all (besides your numbers suddenly dropping).

I have read the wiki, I understand that high non-critical DPS causes the damage reduction to go up. It seems really inconsistent though, 4 uncoordinated people unloading can mow down a mech just like that, but a single person gets reduced to basically nothing?

TDLR; How does DE want us to fight the necramechs?

15 answers to this question

25 минут назад, Lemurface сказал:

Ironically the answer is: with other necramechs.

Both Voidrig's and Maiden's ultimate abilities absolutely DESTROY hostile necramechs. The entire engagement takes 5-15 seconds depending on luck where i try to score a critical hit on the head or limbs.

Alternatively you need a coordinated coop group, or just hire someone with necramech to oneshot the bastard for you.

it's the same special DR that basically every single special type Enemy in the game has. the tl;dr is that you want Crits, and to lean towards Damage per Shot over Rate of Fire.

if you pair that with the Equipment choices that we have available, it makes mince meat of them.

also Nyx is one of the cruise control Warfarmes for Necramechs.... Cast Bolts and their Shields and Armor will be completely removed. then all that's left is the special DR.

3 hours ago, Lemurface said:

Yeah.. ironically, by using another necramechs.

Arquebex can destroy the guardians in literally one second. Literally. All it take is like one shot to the head.

il y a 29 minutes, Soy77 a dit :

Yeah.. ironically, by using another necramechs.

Arquebex can destroy the guardians in literally one second. Literally. All it take is like one shot to the head.

Yup, that's the exact "strategy" (if we can call that a strategy :P) I've been using too, since I've build my first necramech. 

I tried a lot of weapons ans frames In addition, but it always took eternity to bring those gardians down.

Have a nice time tenno !

12 hours ago, taiiat said:

it's the same special DR that basically every single special type Enemy in the game has. the tl;dr is that you want Crits, and to lean towards Damage per Shot over Rate of Fire.

if you pair that with the Equipment choices that we have available, it makes mince meat of them.

People keep saying this but it doesn't seem to hold true. Not in my experience anyway.

Rubico Prime with base 38% crit chance, 3.0x crit multiplier. Mod that into 5200 base damage with 109.1% and 6.6x. Combine that with Octavia's 514% damage multiplier.

It'll take much longer to kill the mech compared to Nyx + Fulmin on full-auto, 754 base damage, 70% crit chance, 5.3x multiplier, and 9.33 fire rate. You just lose too much time struggling through the damage reduction or waiting for your DPS to slow down before taking the next shot. (And if you miss the weakpoint and hit the body for 0 damage, that still seems to count as DPS against the mech.)

As I was recording runs, I found a trick/bug that made things a lot easier, but you can still see the difference in the fight duration despite the shorter one having a lot more player mistakes.

636iTq2.png

84z2sd5.png

I don't agree that DE intended people to fight the mechs with someone in the squad already having a mech. That just wouldn't make sense since nobody has a mech to begin with unless you spend a lot of effort going out of your way to get one in-mission every time.

59 minutes ago, Lemurface said:

I don't agree that DE intended people to fight the mechs with someone in the squad already having a mech. That just wouldn't make sense since nobody has a mech to begin with unless you spend a lot of effort going out of your way to get one in-mission every time.

Whether you believe it or not, the fact remains that it's the fastest way by miles. Personally? I don't ever believe that DE intends for us to kill things in a certain way because they're not very good at the game so instead they just chuck on  a bunch of abilities, add armour etc and let us figure out the rest.

12 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Whether you believe it or not, the fact remains that it's the fastest way by miles. Personally? I don't ever believe that DE intends for us to kill things in a certain way because they're not very good at the game so instead they just chuck on  a bunch of abilities, add armour etc and let us figure out the rest.

Oh, no, I'm not disputing the effectiveness of mechs at all. What I'm saying is that new players encountering those mechs for the first time hopefully aren't expected having farmed RNG weapons like Primes or Granum Void, or to be carried by more experienced players on mechs.

3 minutes ago, Lemurface said:

Oh, no, I'm not disputing the effectiveness of mechs at all. What I'm saying is that new players encountering those mechs for the first time hopefully aren't expected to be 'roided up on Formas, having farmed other RNG weapons like Primes or Granum Void, or to be carried by more experienced players.

Well Deimos is supposed to be a not-so early open world to access. I think the bigger issue stems from newbies rushing the content, getting carried etc. That's why they end up at those areas unprepared, most likely still expecting someone to carry them.  For example when Deimos dropped we used Octavia mallet or a Redeemer to basically one shot them. Octavia method got nerfed but a Redeemer will still work. If players are rushing to this point of the game that's on them really.

1 hour ago, Lemurface said:

Rubico Prime 

Fulmin

I've found that small-arms are, without extremely ridiculous Steel Path builds, just not worth it entirely entirely. Instead it's easier to go with archguns, especially radiation archguns. The damage resistance still triggers, but the imperator vandal either doesn't care as much or just has so much firerate and so much steadier DPS (less downtime between shots) that it's still the best option

Having done Heart of Deimos way too early and farmed my own mech during Orphix Venom, I get the distinct feeling that DE is trying to do a few things with the Necramechs:

1. Make them really hard to kill and hit really hard. I know we're space ninjas, but these things are literally tanks.

2. Like several bosses before, make them have tiny weak points that make you use your ranged weapons.

3. Make them only viable for either a team or advanced builds. Since I didn't want the former, I had to rely on Wuclone as bait and a Catchmoon pistol for the kill.

So basically, I'm reading Necramechs to be designed as advanced/endgame content. While you can be taxied through anything, you need to be pretty far into the game before you can solo it.

Most people probably abused Octavia or Revenant before their attacks were nerfed vs Necramechs. Now it's pretty hard to kill a mech if you're not equipped right. They hit really hard, especially the missile pods from voidrig. These mechs are not supposed to be taken out by new players. As -CdG-Zilchy mentioned this becomes apparant when players have had themselves get carried through content by playing everything publicly. It's a poor way to play this game imo and yes you'll hit certain walls.

Deimos is supposed to be done when you complete the main story till new war. There are new war references in Deimos quest story line. I wouldn't go there unless you completed the story till now and are equipped well. Enemies hit hard and are tougher to kill than any other area in the game at similar levels.

1 hour ago, RazerXPrime said:

Now it's pretty hard to kill a mech if you're not equipped right.

But that is the question. What is "the right equipment?"

Octavia was a cheese I never tried, Nyx' Assimilate or archwing-mode is another cheese that's working for now. But what's an honest way to fight these things before you have your own mech besides getting carried by pubs?

P.S. I'm Mastery Rank 25 and unlocked Steel Path.

4 hours ago, Lemurface said:

People keep saying this but it doesn't seem to hold true. Not in my experience anyway.

Rubico Prime with base 38% crit chance, 3.0x crit multiplier. Mod that into 5200 base damage with 109.1% and 6.6x. Combine that with Octavia's 514% damage multiplier.
It'll take much longer to kill the mech compared to Nyx + Fulmin on full-auto, 754 base damage, 70% crit chance, 5.3x multiplier, and 9.33 fire rate.

Damage Types must be taken into account, ofcourse. Fulmin is basically pure Elemental, while Rubico is Impact. while not a major strike against Rubico, that's a notable strike for Fulmin.

and the recommendation against special DR is within context of Damage Buffs, Multi-Shot, available Fire Rates, Et Cetera. you wouldn't forgo the others to get as much of one as possible, there's just a direction to generally lean in context of the Mods and Abilities usually in play.

it's also a fair bit quicker if you focus on one Mech at a time, to Kill it or prevent it from picking its Arms back up :)

5 minutes ago, Lemurface said:

But that is the question. What is "the right equipment?"

P.S. I'm Mastery Rank 25 and unlocked Steel Path.

That sounds like you should have all the tools to deal with them. Point is the time it takes you to destroy the arms as they regenerate. You need to deal a large amount of radiation damage to get this done. The necramechs themselves. Voidrig for instance can deal upwards of a million damage per hit with the 4th ability (exalted weapon) which is just dumb. Shoot the mechs a few times and they go down. I think the fastest I've killed a mech is like 2 seconds.

With normal frames you need a way to deal with their invulnerability (which is simply an extra shield) and then shoot the arms. You take too long to kill em, then they regenerate the arms. If you're using the fulmin then I would opt for a full radiation build and use its primary fire. Other options would be a radiation build for the Rubico as has been mentioned if you can be arsed to aim with it. I've not spent much time with frames and weapons myself as I was lucky to get a Voidrig gifted to me during Orphics Venom.

vor 18 Stunden schrieb Lemurface:

Nowadays I smack them with Ironbride. Back when Deimos dropped I used to build up damage with Void Strike then put a shot in their face with rad Stropha. Problem solved. As of now I would shot their arms with my Corinth and then their face, again with Stropha. 

Archived