Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Call of the Tempestarii: Hotfix 30.0.7

[DE]Megan

Still no fix for a couple bugs I've put reports in for months ago, both being near game-breaking/immersion breaking, despite having a reply which I'm starting to think is just an automated message to the bug report section.

With the new railjack update there's been other game-breaking bugs I've encountered such as:

- Using boost with your necramech will 70% of the time clip you into the ship's geometry and teleport you back to wherever the tile's spawn point is, sometimes 1000s of meters away from the exit you were heading to, I've not had problems using necramechs during the Orphix event, so I'm not sure what's changed to cause this.

- Sometimes at the end of a Railjack quest, you'll get stuck in an infinite loading loop while travelling to a Dojo or another mission, the UI becomes inacessible and you have to Alt F4 or use Task Manager to close the game to be able to play again.

- During missions the same UI bug can occur, for seemingly random reasons, or simply entering/exiting ships and your Railjack.

- Sometimes, when transferring your warframe to you, you will transfer back to it, instead of the intended way around, usually happens on Deimos which I believe had an attempted patch because it was blamed on slopes, but it still happens, so you have to then find the tunnel which leads to the Isolation Vault and travel through the tunnels all over again.

For QoL, I also want to suggest adding a vote to traveling to a dojo if in a party, or simply kicking slower players from the party because it's quite jarring finishing a mission and then being dragged to someone else's dojo and having to quit back out to your ship, costing several minutes.

Also disappointed that Chroma is being unvaulted instead of Loki, his market price is very unreasonably high at near 500 platinum, while other frames that are also vaulted are much less, and he hasn't made an appearance since 2019, I get the free market is a thing, but it's getting pretty ridiculous, as well as Bo Prime and others that have not seen the light of day for years, either Prime Vaults need to be rotated more frequently, or a community choice should be given as to what frames they feel should be unvaulted. 

Well, one week and seven hotfixes later, I thought I'd be able to run some void storm missions on Veil Proxima more smoothly and get this new frame.

Boy was I wrong.

Guys, this new Railjack content... it's a mess. Marginally more playable than last week, but it's still a mess. Where do I begin...

There's a persistent bug encountered by both myself and squadmates, where for some reason menu functionality drops at the end of a mission. By which I mean the mission progress screen, option to vote for the next mission, and select a relic to use if the next mission is Void Storm... none of this is accessible. Meaning players are being forced in to a void storm mission without a relic equipped.

Then there's another which, upon selecting a void storm in Veil and a matching relic, whilst set to public matchmaking, players are instead put in to an irrelevant non-void storm mission. I was able to repeat this three or more times before finally landing in the mission I actually selected to play. It also happens upon completing a void storm mission and trying to repeat the same one - for some reason the game plonks the squad in the current Murex Anomaly and then the void storm mission after, once Murex is completed.

A recurring issue I also had was Transference (either between warframe or necramech, but more commonly the latter) landing the player back in the Railjack when it's not supposed to accessible, for example during the "exterminate" part of the mission where we're handed over to Lotus.

I'd also like to highlight an issue with the "no more endless fighter spawns to avoid exploit" strategy. Fine, but if the squad completes other objectives before eliminating the required number of fighters, no more fighters will spawn in, even though they are required to complete the mission. A couple public squads I ran with had to abort the mission because of this and if it's an intended functionality (I can't imagine why it would be) it would be very helpful to at least notify the player of this.

Lastly, and this is more a QoL thing than a bug, can you please remove void sinks damaging players after the mission ends? It's intensely frustrating to be repeatedly downed whilst selecting relic reward, next mission etc.

Seriously, I love Warframe and I love Railjack but the last couple batches of content have been released in such a slipshod fashion.

1 hour ago, Dualice said:

Well, one week and seven hotfixes later, I thought I'd be able to run some void storm missions on Veil Proxima more smoothly and get this new frame.

Boy was I wrong.

Guys, this new Railjack content... it's a mess.

As stupid as this will sound considering it's a team game, play Solo to get the frame, DE I hope will get around to fixing it, CO-OP at present is a BIG MESS.

Is there any possibility to reduce the amount of void-sinks? In public play I am forced to stay on ship to safe the helmsman from them, since they get out of hands very quickly. Playing solo wont fix the amount either. They instead force me to repair my ship on my own, since the AI crew seems to not realize a void-sink caused fire is still a fire. 

The camera that has been moved closer to our frames and also the repositioning doesn't work in all situations. I'd like real 3rd person, I like seeing stuff in front of me and I'm a fan of not visually sitting on my frame's back. I may lack "vision" but I like to see where I fly/go in general and have an overview. Please fix this (at least for Elytron)
Warframe0969.jpg

Warframe0970.jpg

Warframe0973.jpg

On 2021-04-22 at 7:58 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Sevagoth’s Gloom Energy cost is now prevented from increasing to 1.5 per enemy as the radius grows, and drain is capped at a maximum of 10 enemies.

Put this on grendel also TY

Hi,

First of all thanks for the fix,

I observed something quite boring in defence mission.

Garuda's 2nd skill is around 50sec duration with 2mods.
If the last mob is "hooked" with this skill and its kinda easy, the wave is frozen and ppl cant do anything and just have to wait almost 50 sec.
it's annoying right ?

Now....about Xaku.

With his 3rd ability 'the lost' ; "gaze" that hook even a first mob and the duration for this is like 900 sec without natural talent.
when ppl knows what i'm talking about.
and the first wave freeze until the next one punch man season.
And you know what, we have 4 more waves to "watch".

Okay ppl just have to leave.
that breaks the defence mission in my opinion.

Can you fix it please ?

55 minutes ago, Semerketh said:

Hi,

First of all thanks for the fix,

If the last mob is "hooked" with this skill and its kinda easy, the wave is frozen and ppl cant do anything and just have to wait almost 50 sec.
it's annoying right ?

Nothing to fix, either the player did not know how to play Garuda or they were trolling the squad, next time ask the Garuda player that was holding up the enemy to press 2 again while looking at the staked enemy and it will release the staked enemy.

59 minutes ago, Semerketh said:

Now....about Xaku.

With his 3rd ability 'the lost' ; "gaze" that hook even a first mob and the duration for this is like 900 sec without natural talent.
when ppl knows what i'm talking about.
and the first wave freeze until the next one punch man season.
And you know what, we have 4 more waves to "watch".

Okay ppl just have to leave.
that breaks the defence mission in my opinion.

Same with the Xaku that player can also remove the effect by hitting the same skill again looking at the trapped enemy to release them.

So it seems you had unskilled players not knowing how the frame/s worked in your squad or you had trolls doing it on purpose to annoy you all.

By the way DE, when do you intend to remove the lifted status or change it so that it doesn't make some weapons totally unplayable ? It has been more than a year since this status litterally plague the melee gameplay. If you value that mechanic so much, at least make it as Titania's Lantern and keep the enemies in place.

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Semerketh:

it's annoying right ?

Guess the garuda player wanted to make sure everyone gets the time to pick up rare mods and gather loot spread all over the map

On 2021-04-24 at 7:56 AM, Slayer-. said:

As stupid as this will sound considering it's a team game, play Solo to get the frame, DE I hope will get around to fixing it, CO-OP at present is a BIG MESS.

This.  Got the new frame and weapon day 1 and 2.  Soloed the missions after a few pub games (all were messes with connectivity, no reactant, etc).  Didn't even try to crack my relics solo (and with the last 2 groups I randomed into).  Haven't had to touch the Void Storms since (though I will if I want a 2nd Sevagoth for Helminth, need another neuroptics).

With the visuals and other bugs, I don't ever want to run a Void Storm again.  With the other bugs, I'd rather just solo Railjack missions.  I love the Skirmishes (Corpus missions not really at all), and can solo them rather easily.  Why would I group and open myself up to so many potential problems, like terrible host ship, connectivity problems, ignorant crewmates, etc?

On 2021-04-20 at 9:37 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Polished some of Mirage Oneiro’s custom weapon idle animations.

Well now the model just freezes in the oneiro noble idle animation when a bow is equipped....if you leave it for a while and start moving again you will glide around t-posing. But with the popularity of bows and the efficiency of bug reporting here, it'll be ages before it gets fixed 🙄

So....let's get the positives out of the way first.

Somehow, the achievement for killing 5 juggernauts on Deimos is now working.  It only took about 6 months.  It's a new high for the quality assurance at DE....that the achievement inside their own game finally registers.  

Now, for the bad.  I got the "opportunity" to return to the Deimos vaults.  It's....just wow.  I ran for two straight hours.  Bounty 1 gave me nothing for the first two rewards...because it was bugged.  It finally gave me rewards for rounds 3 and 4+bonus.  That was.....drum roll please....two arcanes.  It doesn't stop there, but that should have been a warning sign.  Let's review the final reward tally, so we an get things squared.

9, 7, and 5 arcanes (don't even are about the type, because none of them are worth the effort because it requires two slots to do anything)

2 Sporothrix blue prints

3 Necramech uncommon mods

0 Sporothrix parts

0 Damaged weapon parts

40 (if I remember correctly) void traces

various garbage resources

If it isn't clear here, two hours is about 16 rolls of the highest tier bounty reward.   If the rewards are set correctly, then theoretically I'd have gotten something worth the effort.  Heck, a weapon part (3%), rare mod (4%), and Sporothrix part (3.75%) represent a 10.75% drop chance.  0.892516 = .16, so the likelihood that I got something worth grinding for was 84%....and I got nothing.  I recognize this is statistically possible....but then factor in an eight hour run with similar results, and come to the conclusion that the drop rates for damaged weapon parts are either borked or an outright lie.

Speaking of lies, let's discuss Sevagoth.  Goody.  A frame that requires three separate components to level up.  One who has no benefits from the stance mod....so the weapon will require an umbral forma if you want an umbral build.  Topping off the cavalcade of meh, the frame seems to be built around power strength, efficiency, and range.  Goody, another option that will basially demand you use umbral forma.  But whatever, you can build far less min-max....and you've got a squishy Inaros.  Yeah, but that Gloom for the Helminth is great...

Wow.  Another frame that'll be joining the likes on Grendel and Harrow.  That is to say the grind to get is somehow more miserable than most, the frame is an extreme niche build, and as of right now plowing the umbral forma into it is moronic, because in two to three years there'll be a Prime variant that requires the same investment.  

Finally, Void storms.  Not worth it.  You've already heard all the arguments, and twenty minutes play testing these visually agonizing messes would have told you all of this before they released.  I cannot even begin to fathom why these things are where you focused, or why it seems like half way through an ice cream van drove by your collective houses and the resulting loss of focus meant that you released something that was more time consuming, less rewarding, and above all simply unfinished.

If it isn't clear, we're 11+8 fixes into this one piece of content.  If this was the release state I'd be disappointed, but instead this is after a month and a litany of fixes.  I hope that the simple bit here is far easier for you to understand.  Eight years into this game.  7 of those with the void, if part of them only accessible via a key.  Despite having a longer period than literally any full game to develop start to finish, you've still not demonstrated the ability to consistently have the void spawn tiles without bizarro protrusions.  Yes, I was in game and couldn't enter an alcove.  Moved three meters right, and suddenly a wall rendered.  Moved back, and it disappeared.  Moved 3 meters left, and another wall rendered.  Jumped into the alcove by shimmying past the semi-invisible protrusion.  

This is on top of the usual.  Knock-backs literally flinging you through walls and off of the level.  Enemies not spawning whilst in the midst of an exterminate mission (open world).  The game pairing people with ping of 600+ despite the setting being 250 maximum, and thus simply deciding not to acknowledge damage.  The final turd on this sunday of shame, though only by my recording and not by any means the last bug, is getting into missions and discovering that by the time the game decides to load you've either missed the objectives, or it allows you to start but kicks you a few minutes in because the session disconnected....and instead of starting over in a new group you just lose everything.

I've got two updates left in me.  I'm expecting the Corpus Queenpins, and significant reworks to the Void storms so that they're worth doing.  There are literally dozens of suggestions on the 8 threads you've opened up...and a trello board that has stated that you know the rewards are a sticking point.  So....what are you going to do about it?  My money is nothing....and that means it'll be time for an 18-24 month break.  That's enough time for 3-4 updates....which once the RNG grind is factored out might just be enough time for a single day of play.  That's, of course, assuming that we aren't still waiting on the ghoul saw....an item promised, forgotten, promised again, demonstrated, and suspiciously entirely absent despite the thing being demonstrated.  Hmmm.....anyone else getting the Hydroid Prime "90% done" but not released until literally years after the vaulting vibes?  

Based upon player counts, despite the whole new set of features, it seems like we're at two months past Deimos numbers....in the month that all of this was released.  This is despite the 8 year anniversary, which screams that this release is content poor and cannot sustain the player base. Ouch.  If I still cared about this game enough to have anything but apathy, I'd be angry that it is where it is.  

Anyone seen positive feedback yet?  I'm looking at Tactical Potato, and it's a gentle suggestion of rework (which for normal people would be a mountain of frustration).  I'm looking at Brozime....and the feedback is less than friendly about the visuals.  I'm looking at the old group of creators that had warframe going constantly....and see nothing.  I've even been recommended about half a dozen videos from youtube that ask if this update will bring people back....and all come to the conclusion that this is a half finished mess.

The game freezes every time I use Gloom in a mission as a subsumed ability on Inaros. Straight freeze, I have to disconnect and relog to my W10 session. The game runs perfectly fine for hours if I do not play any of my warframes with this ability. Enhanced engine / DX11 / RTX3070 / 5900X / drivers and W10 up to date.

Archived