Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is this nightwave event right for me?

Zaxon_Strike

Question

Hello.

I started a few days ago, right smack in the middle of all these events. I got a rhino skin for just logging in, and some nice people helped me do the two anniversary alerts (is the rifle good?).

I was able to complete a few of the nightwave challenges, and got 150 credits when I reached rank 1. I bought two aura mods (CP & SC), and a reactor for my Taxon. I'm not interested in the cosmetic items, but there are a few weapon BPs and a Glassmaker mission. Should I go for any of those?

Suggestions welcome.

7 answers to this question

that's all more Mastery, so it doesn't hurt you.

you should somewhat keep up with nightchore, since the Rank Rewards have some useful stuff in them, even aside from the Store. you'll get various Slots, some unique Mods, and even some nicer stuff at the later Ranks.

1 hour ago, Zaxon_Strike said:

Hello.

I started a few days ago, right smack in the middle of all these events. I got a rhino skin for just logging in, and some nice people helped me do the two anniversary alerts (is the rifle good?).

I was able to complete a few of the nightwave challenges, and got 150 credits when I reached rank 1. I bought two aura mods (CP & SC), and a reactor for my Taxon. I'm not interested in the cosmetic items, but there are a few weapon BPs and a Glassmaker mission. Should I go for any of those?

Suggestions welcome.

NW is a great activity especially for newer players. It'll force you to google and help you learn about various stuff in this game. The rewards are pretty sweet as well, you'll definitely want those free slots.

Dex sybaris is good. To be honest at your level every weapons are good. The enemies are not too demanding yet, use the opportunity to max as much weapons as you can, to increase your master rank.

Use your NW credits as you want. My advice would be to save up some, you might need some reactors/catalysts or nitain extracts later.

Welcome, tenno. And don't forget to have fun!

The NW rewards are really good in my opinion, especially for newer players. It gives you formas for free, reactors and other super important stuff you can save up for your best weapons and mods.

One big advice I can give : try to save up a part of those NW credits for unique mods (particularly Aura mods, essentials for all moddings) , as well as nitain extract (you'll need a lot in the near future 😉
But of course, you can spend it the way you decide to !

And yes, I think the Dex Sybaris is a good weapon. One of my friends used it for a long time, and you'll be able to confront all type of enemies (until very high levels ones, higher than lvl 100+) if you can mod it well. Not the mightiest gun , but an honest rifle that those the job very well, if you know how to aim for those delicate heads, just waiting for bullets 😇V

Have a nice time tenno !

11 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

Its advisable, yes... The sooner, the better.

... But, ultimately, its your decision.

Actually, I would recommend the exact opposite.  Nightwave weapon blueprints aren't that special, really, and I would say that for a player just starting, a good Aura Mod, Orokin Catalysts and Reactors, and Nitain Extracts are much better investments.

Nightwave is something you can gain points for while simply playing the game and taking the challenges into account. So it's good to do those challenges that you can do. There will be challenges that new players cannot do. Don't worry about them you can skip them. The further you get into the game the more challenges will be doable.

In terms of Nightwave there's two things to gain:

1. One is the direct rewards. Such as forma, warframe slots, weapon slots etc. Totally worth it to see if you can get those. 
  2. The other are credits. These credits last until this Nightwave ends and the new one starts. This will be announced by DE, so you will want to spend them in the credit store before this Nightwave ends

Nightwave Credits as you've seen can be spent in the Nightwave store. A lot of the things here are worth investing in. Some more than others depending on how you play. 

In terms of what to focus on in the store I would say:

1. Get Vauban warframe parts
  2. Buy some Nitain Extract (5 or 10 pieces for now) You'll need these to build some of the frames going forward.
  3. Buy the Aura mods. Not all of them are worth it, but most are. Check Rifle Amp, Steel Charge, Energy Siphon and corrosive Projection among others.
  4. Some of the weapons are ok, they aren't good. I personally wouldn't focus on them as your nightwave credits are spent better elsewhere. These weapons will always rotate between weeks. So if you don't buy them now you will be able to get them later when they are offered again.
  5. If you really want to you can buy Orokin Catalysts and Reactors, but I feel they are very expensive. Efficiency wise it's better to buy Steel Charge and sell it on the player market (I think it goes for 35-40 plat now) and then buy a catalyst or reactor with the platinum you got. They cost 20 a piece. If you don't want to get into the trading business right now then you can spend the credits on them.
  6. Check the cosmetics if you want them. Since you said you're not interested mind that the offerings rotate weekly.

As stated in point 6. The Nightwave Store rotates weekly. So check every Monday to see if there's something you want. Vauban and the Orokin Reactor/Catalyst and Nitain and Kuva will always be available. The other items will rotate.

Archived