Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox Maim Augment

Mazifet

Swazdo-lah fellow Tenno!

I'm new to this whole forum thing so I'll do my best explaining my ideas. I love playing Equinox, and all her abilities are really fun and versatile. But I find maim is a bit hard to use when fighting heavily armored units such as Corrupted Heavy Gunners and whatnot. I have a idea for a maim augment. Instead of maim dealing slash damage, maybe the emissive color of Equinox could change the damage type it deals. This could make Equinox very effective and even more versatile than she already was. You could use Fire damage against the Grineer to deal high amounts of damage over time, or Cold against corpus to help against their shields. I hope to hear peoples opinions on this topic and receive feedback.

Have fun and I hope the RNG gods are feeling good!

Slash damage bypasses armor... heat does not... why would you augment Maim with an element type/proc that is less effective vs armor?

The point of the ability is to cut enemies so applying cold etc. makes no sense to me.

3 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Slash damage bypasses armor... heat does not... why would you augment Maim with an element type/proc that is less effective vs armor?

The point of the ability is to cut enemies so applying cold etc. makes no sense to me.

I'm sorry if I'm mistaken, but I thought bleed was what bypassed armor, and not slash?

4小时前 , Mazifet 说:

I'm sorry if I'm mistaken, but I thought bleed was what bypassed armor, and not slash?

You are right on this one.

Maim has an aura that causes slash damage with guaranteed bleed status effect to targets that enters the range, but the damage is low.

The main damage source of Main comes from the burst when you deactivate it. The burst is slash damage but it does not come with bleed status effect.

Archived